How long will it be before everyone caves in and buys NDS?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Lilac_Benjie
Member since 2006 • 12287 Posts

i do have my facts straight and they say that nintendo is kid-friendly and a casual magnet. latinrage69

I played and completed The Secret of Monkey Island in the year that it was released. I have built so many cities in Sim City that my playtime easily tops the length of any modern game. Do you enjoy Doom 3? I remember playing Wolfenstein 3D back when it was shockingly good graphics.

I am not a casual. I think Nintendo are awesome.

Everyone knows he's one of the biggest Fanboys in SWSpaceDragonMan

I not a fanboy because I am unimpressed with Sony. 

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 latinrage69
Member since 2003 • 2649 Posts
[QUOTE="latinrage69"]

[QUOTE="SpaceDragonMan"]your fanboyism never ceases to amaze me... SpaceDragonMan

who the hell are you? i've never see you so how can you that my "fanboyism ceases to amaze you"?

Im not talking to you, I talking to the TC. Everyone knows he's one of the biggest Fanboys in SW

oh. :|  ...*walks away silently* whoops.

valestis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 valestis
Member since 2005 • 200 Posts
I have both, but I like my PSP better. :3 I'm soooo waiting for Castlevania and Crisis Core for PSP. ;3
SpaceDragonMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 SpaceDragonMan
Member since 2007 • 1502 Posts
[QUOTE="SpaceDragonMan"][QUOTE="latinrage69"]

[QUOTE="SpaceDragonMan"]your fanboyism never ceases to amaze me... latinrage69

who the hell are you? i've never see you so how can you that my "fanboyism ceases to amaze you"?

Im not talking to you, I talking to the TC. Everyone knows he's one of the biggest Fanboys in SW

oh. :| ...*walks away silently* whoops.

:lol: 

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Lilac_Benjie
i have heard of monolith software (FEAR), bioware (KOTOR and ME), and SE (FF series of crap), the others i haven't heard of. you bash me for my tastes and yet when i bash you for your's you become defensive. nice way to let the hypocracy out. you're 5 years older than me, call me a kid and you're the one being childish. wow, nintendo must keep the kid inside you alive. like everyone else, i stated off on nintendo (the NES), and left when i was 14 (the N64 to xbox transitional period). you tell me to grow up yet you still play kiddy games. hell i bet if nintendo came out with "duck, duck, goose" for the wii you'd be the first in line to by it.

oh and by the way, i never bought oa single GTA game for any console, it never interested me.

latinrage69

I can't believe you've never heard of Capcom. :|

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 latinrage69

DS FTW! And how did this thread turn into an arguement about wrestling and mario?mighty_shark

i said mario was for kid and he saw the WWE logo in the recently played games list in my gamertag and proceeded to bash me. sicne then i've been fighting an uphill battle against the sheeple. hell of a fight but not the first time for me. first it was the cows, now it the sheep. 

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 latinrage69
[QUOTE="latinrage69"]i have heard of monolith software (FEAR), bioware (KOTOR and ME), and SE (FF series of crap), the others i haven't heard of. you bash me for my tastes and yet when i bash you for your's you become defensive. nice way to let the hypocracy out. you're 5 years older than me, call me a kid and you're the one being childish. wow, nintendo must keep the kid inside you alive. like everyone else, i stated off on nintendo (the NES), and left when i was 14 (the N64 to xbox transitional period). you tell me to grow up yet you still play kiddy games. hell i bet if nintendo came out with "duck, duck, goose" for the wii you'd be the first in line to by it.

oh and by the way, i never bought oa single GTA game for any console, it never interested me.

Lilac_Benjie

I can't believe you've never heard of Capcom. :|

wait capcom was on that list? i must've missed it. 

metalmonkey268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 metalmonkey268
Member since 2004 • 480 Posts
Seriously, why isn't there a new 2D Metroid being made? Prime is a great series, but not on a handheld.
reyad-u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 reyad-u
Member since 2006 • 6960 Posts
[QUOTE="reyad-u"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="reyad-u"][QUOTE="latinrage69"]no.

this may shock you but a lot of gamers don't like nintendo or their products.(same with the fact that not every gamer likes MS or Sony games, you cant please everyone, since you're and adult i would have thought you would know that) nintendo appeals to the casual market and children (and the hardcore market, or are you saying that all the nintendo gamers are casuals and children because metroid and fire emblem certainly does not fit that catregory), don't deny it because you know it's tue (yea sure:roll: ). also, not a lot people want to play a game featuring the same character over and over agian (is that why mario games are still selling? even the ones that have been getting stale?). how many games and game genres must mario be in before people get tired of him. games on the 360 and ps3 appeal more to the hardcore and adults which actually make up most of the market (hardcores does not make up most of the market, casuals do and you can get adults that are casuals or are you trying to say that only thre childrens are casuals who also play nintendo games? . seriously, when was the last time you saw an 8 year old walking into EB Games or Gamestop to buy a console or a mature rated game?i dont live in the US so i cant comment on that but if the US is anything like UK then i see alot of kids buying M rated games. now heres a question from me you WILL have kids talking about Halo 3, GTA and acting cool (their certainly not kiddy games are they?) yet it would harder finding kids who would talk about mario, link, metroid games.

do you agree with me or not (if not give me a valid reason why)

the wii and ds will sell more to casuals because they don't know any better. the average harcore gamer could do without mario milkage.

latinrage69

you cant be serious what what you just said :|.

Sony nintendo's kiddy image started in the mid90's when they started censoring games on their consoles, starting with mortal kombat. get your facts straight.

instead of telling others, how about you get your facts straight.

i do have my facts straight and they say that nintendo is kid-friendly and a casual magnet. 

you only mentioned facts about a small section of what you posted, what happened to the rest?

im not denying that nintendo is casual magnet but what i will say is that this onyl happened this gen not the last. kid freindly? try playing more of their games.

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Lilac_Benjie
[QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]

[QUOTE="latinrage69"]i do have my facts straight and they say that nintendo is kid-friendly and a casual magnet. latinrage69

I played and completed The Secret of Monkey Island in the year that it was released. I have built so many cities in Sim City that my playtime easily tops the length of any modern game. Do you enjoy Doom 3? I remember playing Wolfenstein 3D back when it was shockingly good graphics.

I am not a casual. I think Nintendo are awesome.

Everyone knows he's one of the biggest Fanboys in SWSpaceDragonMan

I not a fanboy because I am unimpressed with Sony.

dude you need a life.

Why? Because Sim City was fun back then? I used to play it when I was at school during dinnertime.

Don't talk to me about life kid. 

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

Oh my god.

Fanboy arrogance at its best. 

NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 NorthlandMan
Member since 2007 • 2302 Posts

i have heard of monolith software (FEAR), bioware (KOTOR and ME), and SE (FF series of crap), the others i haven't heard of. you bash me for my tastes and yet when i bash you for your's you become defensive. nice way to let the hypocracy out. you're 5 years older than me, call me a kid and you're the one being childish. wow, nintendo must keep the kid inside you alive. like everyone else, i stated off on nintendo (the NES), and left when i was 14 (the N64 to xbox transitional period). you tell me to grow up yet you still play kiddy games. hell i bet if nintendo came out with "duck, duck, goose" for the wii you'd be the first in line to by it.

latinrage69

Monolith are the guys who made Xenosaga and Baten Kaitos (you're thinking of the other guys).  Bioware you know, Square Enix were one of the best developers on the PS1/Ps2. If you started out on the Nes then you should have some idea of heritage. You should be aware of how great titles like Ninja Gaiden, Zelda, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest etc are. There also some great western devs working on the DS including EA, Bioware, Ubisoft, Firaxis and Rare.

Don't criticse the DS for being "kiddy" when many of the titles are clearly aimed at an older audience. The non-games and strategy titles in particular would be far too taxing for the average child. It' true that Nintendo tend to focus on family friendly titles butl ately they've been expanding quite a bit as evidenced by their acquisition of monolith and their touch generations titles. and for the record i dont own a wii and i dont plan to get one in the near future. 

The DS won, the DS is better built for gaming, the DS has now got better third paty support and it's always had better first party support. These are the facts. You dont have to like the system but you should stop making up crap

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

[QUOTE="Endfinal"]Some people enjoy the games on the PSP than the ones on the DS, how hard is that for you to comprehend? Lilac_Benjie

They will eventually buy NDS too. Everybody will cave in eventually, it's just too good.

no... its not that good. I love my psp and really will never buy a DS.

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts
[QUOTE="NorthlandMan"]

[QUOTE="latinrage69"]

actually, son, i'm 21 and i happen to enjoy wrestling. that aside, i never bought 50 cent bulletproof (or anything pretaining to rap) because he sucks at everything he does. i judged you as being biased because of that one comment becasue that's the way it came off. like i said before, casuals buy game like brainage and nintendogs, not the hardcore gamer.

latinrage69

Well I'm 26 son and i've been gaming alot longer than you. And i'll be damned before i'm criticised on my "immature" tastes by someone who enjoys watching fat semi naked men pretend to beat each other up. Bottom line gamers buy games, DS has the games. Square Enix, monoltih soft, Biioware, Firaxis, Nippon Ichi. These are all quality companies with quality games. You've probably never heard of them but most gamers have.

and Assassins Creed (the game in your avatar) is coming o the DS. Damn that kiddy Nintendo rubbish!!!!!

Well said.

As a 23 year old Nintendo fan I too am sick of 16 year old kids telling me my tastes are imamture (Neverwinter Nights, Bioware, Nintendo), while most of them are playing gangsta simulators.

I really hate Sony for starting that trend.

Lilac_Benjie

Personally i find it hilarious. Little kids who would probably start crying if they met you in real life talking about "kiddy" games. They think that just because they bought GTA Liberty Citty Stories on the PSP they're experts on gaming

:lol:

Apparently, you don't know the difference between Monolith Productions and Monolith Soft.

Bigboss232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66 Bigboss232
Member since 2006 • 4997 Posts
This is sony's first handheld and i think they did okay they made alot of mistakes when realeasing psp relying on umd movies and realeasing few games that forced people into homebrew which sadly now that there are good games for psp are pirated which = poor software and hardware sales so i had a ds first i caved and got psp now i have both lol.
NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 NorthlandMan

This is sony's first handheld and i think they did okay they made alot of mistakes when realeasing psp relying on umd movies and realeasing few games that forced people into homebrew which sadly now that there are good games for psp are pirated which = poor software and hardware sales so i had a ds first i caved and got psp now i have both lol.Bigboss232

i might rebuy a  PSP next year if the price goes under 100. What's metal gear solid PO like?  

bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts

Never.

whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 whitetiger3521
Member since 2005 • 4686 Posts
I already caved in and bought one :D, Just wish it had more racing and fighting games.
NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 NorthlandMan

I already caved in and bought one :D, Just wish it had more racing and fighting games. whitetiger3521

me too :( 

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts
I already have DS. Its my 2nd DS because my first NDS was the original DS and it got broke by my friend. In my country I happen to notice that there are more PSP users here than DS because most gamers here are brainwashed by Sony. Most think that FF and MGS belongs to Sony platfroms and that all Nintendo stuffs are for kids. They even think it was Sony who first created the analog stick even though it was originally Nintendo. Very few know N64. If they refer to gaming, only one word comes to their mind and that is "Playstation". Seriously, I hate Sony for this.
Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Michael85
Member since 2005 • 3971 Posts
[QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]

[QUOTE="Grodus5"]Not everyone will buy a DS, but alot of people will. I still know alot of people that don't have one but are getting one.latinrage69

They will convert.

Wii and NDS will be like NES, every gamer will own one because they receive the best support and don't cost as much. Nintendo are also selling NDS and Wii to your cousins, aunts, and granddads. Household penetration will be at record levels by 2011. Quote me on this.

no.

this may shock you but a lot of gamers don't like nintendo or their products. nintendo appeals to the casual market and children, don't deny it because you know it's tue. also, not a lot people want to play a game featuring the same character over and over agian. how many games and game genres must mario be in before people get tired of him. games on the 360 and ps3 appeal more to the hardcore and adults which actually make up most of the market. seriously, when was the last time you saw an 8 year old walking into EB Games or Gamestop to buy a console or a mature rated game?

the wii and ds will sell more to casuals because they don't know any better. the average harcore gamer could do without mario milkage.

Market's changing.  Next time you make a response, try not to miss that boat. 

skelebull3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 skelebull3000
Member since 2004 • 2724 Posts
I prefer the PSP :o *gasp*
NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 NorthlandMan

I prefer the PSP :o *gasp*skelebull3000

There had to be someone out there who did.