How long will it be before everyone caves in and buys NDS?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lilac_Benjie
Member since 2006 • 12287 Posts

There is something on NDS for everyone, and more in development by top developers.

• BioWare Corp
  • R e t ro S t u d i o s
  • MONOLITH
  • SQUAREENIX
  • NINTENDO
  • NAMCO
  • |CAPCOM|
  • EA

How long before you cave in?

Avatar image for HappyInvader101
HappyInvader101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2 HappyInvader101
Member since 2005 • 3791 Posts

While The DS>PSP, there will always be people who would rather have a PSP

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I already did cave and buy a DS (late April)... some of the best money I have ever spent in my life. $300 CAD spent and I have already used it for at least 50 hours. And I have hardly be playing games for the past few months.
oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
Never I will always stay with my PSP
latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 latinrage69
Member since 2003 • 2649 Posts
i prefer my PSP.
arabi_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 arabi_89
Member since 2006 • 1299 Posts

PSP FTW!

NDS FTL! 

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lilac_Benjie
What on the PSP can compete with all the support the DS is getting?
Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Grodus5
Member since 2006 • 7934 Posts
Not everyone will buy a DS, but alot of people will.  I still know alot of people that don't have one but are getting one.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
I prefer the DS but I have got to admit that Sony is doing well in the handheld market considering the market is completely owned by Nintendo.
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lilac_Benjie

Not everyone will buy a DS, but alot of people will. I still know alot of people that don't have one but are getting one.Grodus5

They will convert.

Wii and NDS will be like NES, every gamer will own one because they receive the best support and don't cost as much. Nintendo are also selling NDS and Wii to your cousins, aunts, and granddads. Household penetration will be at record levels by 2011. Quote me on this.

Endfinal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Endfinal
Member since 2007 • 875 Posts

What on the PSP can compete with all the support the DS is getting?Lilac_Benjie

Some people enjoy the games on the PSP than the ones on the DS, how hard is that for you to comprehend? 

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lilac_Benjie

Some people enjoy the games on the PSP than the ones on the DS, how hard is that for you to comprehend? Endfinal

They will eventually buy NDS too. Everybody will cave in eventually, it's just too good.

NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NorthlandMan
Member since 2007 • 2302 Posts

There are some people who still don't own PS2's dude. Fanboys will always be fanboys. All we can do is laugh at them while they play their crap machines

[QUOTE="Endfinal"]

[QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]What on the PSP can compete with all the support the DS is getting?NorthlandMan

Some people enjoy the games on the PSP than the ones on the DS, how hard is that for you to comprehend?

PSP is getting barely any support these days and alot of the best games are being ported to the PS2 (Lumines, Syphon Filter etc)

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 latinrage69

[QUOTE="Grodus5"]Not everyone will buy a DS, but alot of people will. I still know alot of people that don't have one but are getting one.Lilac_Benjie

They will convert.

Wii and NDS will be like NES, every gamer will own one because they receive the best support and don't cost as much. Nintendo are also selling NDS and Wii to your cousins, aunts, and granddads. Household penetration will be at record levels by 2011. Quote me on this.

no.

this may shock you but a lot of gamers don't like nintendo or their products. nintendo appeals to the casual market and children, don't deny it because you know it's tue. also, not a lot people want to play a game featuring the same character over and over agian. how many games and game genres must mario be in  before people get tired of him. games on the 360 and ps3 appeal more to the hardcore and adults which actually make up most of the market. seriously, when was the last time you saw an 8 year old walking into EB Games or Gamestop to buy a console or a mature rated game?

the wii and ds will sell more to casuals because they don't know any better. the average harcore gamer could do without mario milkage. 

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 latinrage69

[QUOTE="Endfinal"]Some people enjoy the games on the PSP than the ones on the DS, how hard is that for you to comprehend? Lilac_Benjie

They will eventually buy NDS too. Everybody will cave in eventually, it's just too good.

no.

^read my post above. ^

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 latinrage69

There are some people who still don't own PS2's dude. Fanboys will always be fanboys. All we can do is laugh at them while they play their crap machines

NorthlandMan

and we're suppose to believe you're not a fanboy with this comment. :roll: 

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Everyone didn't cave in and get a ps2 (and the ps2 games crush the DS games) so what makes you think the DS would be any different ?

reyad-u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 reyad-u
Member since 2006 • 6960 Posts
[QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]

[QUOTE="Grodus5"]Not everyone will buy a DS, but alot of people will. I still know alot of people that don't have one but are getting one.latinrage69

They will convert.

no.

this may shock you but a lot of gamers don't like nintendo or their products. nintendo appeals to the casual market and children, don't deny it because you know it's tue. also, not a lot people want to play a game featuring the same character over and over agian. how many games and game genres must mario be in  before people get tired of him. games on the 360 and ps3 appeal more to the hardcore and adults which actually make up most of the market. seriously, when was the last time you saw an 8 year old walking into EB Games or Gamestop to buy a console or a mature rated game?

the wii and ds will sell more to casuals because they don't know any better. the average harcore gamer could do without mario milkage. 

you cant be serious what what you just said :|.

metalmonkey268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 metalmonkey268
Member since 2004 • 480 Posts
Give me a new 2D Metroid and I might think about it...
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lilac_Benjie
[QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]

[QUOTE="Grodus5"]Not everyone will buy a DS, but alot of people will. I still know alot of people that don't have one but are getting one.reyad-u

They will convert.

no.

this may shock you but a lot of gamers don't like nintendo or their products. nintendo appeals to the casual market and children, don't deny it because you know it's tue. also, not a lot people want to play a game featuring the same character over and over agian. how many games and game genres must mario be in before people get tired of him. games on the 360 and ps3 appeal more to the hardcore and adults which actually make up most of the market. seriously, when was the last time you saw an 8 year old walking into EB Games or Gamestop to buy a console or a mature rated game?

Sony Propaganda. From the PS1 era.

Nintendo's kiddy image started much in the same way that teh awesome power of teh started. Except the latter backfired on them.

No one ever thought that Super Metroid, Super Mario World, or A Link To The Past where anything but really well made games back then.

NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NorthlandMan
[QUOTE="NorthlandMan"]

latinrage69

No, you're supposed to believe i'm not a fanboy because i judge a system on it's quality  and not on it's perceived lack of support. You're the one who's criticising the DS for it's lack of "mature" ttitles which is ironic given the WWE icon in your gamertag (anyone who is a wrestling fan cant exaclty criticise anything).  Newsflash son, adults buy titles like brain age. Kids like you buy WWE and "fiddy cent bulletproof". In terms of titles there's all the Squeenix games, Ninja Gaiden, Castlevania and all the rest but i suppose these cant compare to some PS2 ports and some gangsta simulators. 

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 latinrage69
[QUOTE="reyad-u"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]

[QUOTE="Grodus5"]Not everyone will buy a DS, but alot of people will. I still know alot of people that don't have one but are getting one.Lilac_Benjie

They will convert.

no.

this may shock you but a lot of gamers don't like nintendo or their products. nintendo appeals to the casual market and children, don't deny it because you know it's tue. also, not a lot people want to play a game featuring the same character over and over agian. how many games and game genres must mario be in before people get tired of him. games on the 360 and ps3 appeal more to the hardcore and adults which actually make up most of the market. seriously, when was the last time you saw an 8 year old walking into EB Games or Gamestop to buy a console or a mature rated game?

Nintendo's kiddy image started much in the same way that teh awesome power of teh started. Except the latter backfired on them.

No one ever thought that Super Metroid, Super Mario World, or A Link To The Past where anything but really well made games back then.

nintendo's kiddy image started in the mid90's when they started censoring games on their consoles, starting with mortal kombat. get your facts straight. 

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lilac_Benjie
[QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="NorthlandMan"]

NorthlandMan

No, you're supposed to believe i'm not a fanboy because i judge a system on it's quality and not on it's perceived lack of support. You're the one who's criticising the DS for it's lack of "mature" ttitles which is ironic given the WWE icon in your gamertag (anyone who is a wrestling fan cant exaclty criticise anything). Newsflash son, adults buy titles like brain age. Kids like you buy WWE and "fiddy cent bulletproof". In terms of titles there's all the Squeenix games, Ninja Gaiden, Castlevania and all the rest but i suppose these cant compare to some PS2 ports and some gangsta simulators.

Well said. 

As a 23 year old Nintendo fan I too am sick of 16 year old kids telling me my tastes are imamture (Neverwinter Nights, Bioware, Nintendo), while most of them are playing gangsta simulators.

I really hate Sony for starting that trend.

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lilac_Benjie

nintendo's kiddy image started in the mid90's when they started censoring games on their consoles, starting with mortal kombat. get your facts straight. latinrage69

I do have my facts straight. Mortal Kombat was the only game censored. Mortal Kombat 2 had full gore. Meanwhile Genesis was unable to support adult games like Doom properly.

Sony spearheaded it. Remember they did it to them on the NDS too?

-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts

I think pretty much everyone in Japan owns a DS.  The only people buying them there will be newborn children if the sales there stay consistent.

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 latinrage69

NorthlandMan

No, you're supposed to believe i'm not a fanboy because i judge a system on it's quality and not on it's perceived lack of support. You're the one who's criticising the DS for it's lack of "mature" ttitles which is ironic given the WWE icon in your gamertag (anyone who is a wrestling fan cant exaclty criticise anything). Newsflash son, adults buy titles like brain age. Kids like you buy WWE and "fiddy cent bulletproof". In terms of titles there's all the Squeenix games, Ninja Gaiden, Castlevania and all the rest but i suppose these cant compare to some PS2 ports and some gangsta simulators.

actually, son, i'm 21 and i happen to enjoy wrestling. that aside, i never bought 50 cent bulletproof (or anything pretaining to rap) because he sucks at everything he does. i judged you as being biased because of that one comment becasue that's the way it came off. like i said before, casuals buy game like brainage and nintendogs, not the hardcore gamer. 

blizzvalve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 blizzvalve
Member since 2007 • 14052 Posts

I am a DS fan since launch and will continue, even though I have a PSP

I'll say post E3

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lilac_Benjie
[QUOTE="NorthlandMan"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="NorthlandMan"]

latinrage69

actually, son, i'm 21 and i happen to enjoy wrestling. that aside, i never bought 50 cent bulletproof (or anything pretaining to rap) because he sucks at everything he does. i judged you as being biased because of that one comment becasue that's the way it came off. like i said before, casuals buy game like brainage and nintendogs, not the hardcore gamer.

Your still younger than me.

Oh, and wrestling is for little kids man, you really need to grow up. Who are you to call NDS kiddy?

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 latinrage69
[QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]

NorthlandMan

People who buy consoles and handhelds that flopped basically cling to whatever they can, just let him be. I doubt he's even smart enough to realise that Assasins Creed (the game in his avatar) is coming o the DS.

since when was the 360 a flop? also i know that it's coming out for the ds but it will be almost like different game compared to the one on the 360. i bet you feel proud of yourself by insulting someone online but honestly, you're coming off as a complete d---. 

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 latinrage69
[QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="NorthlandMan"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="NorthlandMan"]

Lilac_Benjie

Oh, and wrestling is for little kiddies man. You really need to grow up. Who are you to call NDS kiddy?

really? this from a man playing children's games like mario kart and every game that mario is in (which is like half the nintendo library.) i see the irony is strong with you. 

SpaceDragonMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SpaceDragonMan
Member since 2007 • 1502 Posts
your fanboyism never ceases  to amaze me...
libthegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 libthegod
Member since 2006 • 1517 Posts
I will only get a NDS when I can get it for $100.
latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 latinrage69

[QUOTE="latinrage69"]nintendo's kiddy image started in the mid90's when they started censoring games on their consoles, starting with mortal kombat. get your facts straight. Lilac_Benjie

I do have my facts straight. Mortal Kombat was the only game censored. Mortal Kombat 2 had full gore. Meanwhile Genesis was unable to support adult games like Doom properly.

Sony spearheaded it. Remember they did it to them on the NDS too?

they had to reinstitute the blood and gore because of the backlash they recieved. 

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lilac_Benjie
[QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="NorthlandMan"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="NorthlandMan"]

latinrage69

Oh, and wrestling is for little kiddies man. You really need to grow up. Who are you to call NDS kiddy?

really? this from a man playing children's games like mario kart and every game that mario is in (which is like half the nintendo library.) i see the irony is strong with you.

They're awesome.

And I enjoy Wii/NDS for motion sensing/touch generation technology, not for it's mascots. NDS has better games than the PSP.

redneckdouglas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 redneckdouglas
Member since 2005 • 2977 Posts

I don't play handhelds.

reyad-u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 reyad-u
[QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"][QUOTE="reyad-u"][QUOTE="latinrage69"]no.

latinrage69

nintendo's kiddy image started in the mid90's when they started censoring games on their consoles, starting with mortal kombat. get your facts straight

instead of telling others, how about you get your facts straight.

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 latinrage69

your fanboyism never ceases to amaze me... SpaceDragonMan

who the hell are you? i've never see you so how can you that my "fanboyism ceases to amaze you"? 

NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NorthlandMan

latinrage69

Well I'm 26 son and i've been gaming alot longer than you. And i'll be damned before i'm criticised on my "immature" tastes by someone who enjoys watching fat semi naked men pretend to beat each other up. Bottom line gamers buy games, DS has the games. Square Enix, monoltih soft, Biioware, Firaxis, Nippon Ichi. These are all quality companies with quality games. You've probably never heard of them but most gamers have. 

and  Assassins Creed (the game in your avatar) is coming o the DS. Damn that kiddy Nintendo rubbish!!!!!

Well said.

As a 23 year old Nintendo fan I too am sick of 16 year old kids telling me my tastes are imamture (Neverwinter Nights, Bioware, Nintendo), while most of them are playing gangsta simulators.

Lilac_Benjie

Personally i find it hilarious. Little kids who would probably start crying if they met you in real life talking about "kiddy" games.  They think that just because they bought GTA Liberty Citty Stories on the PSP they're experts on gaming

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 latinrage69
[QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"][QUOTE="reyad-u"][QUOTE="latinrage69"]no.

reyad-u

nintendo's kiddy image started in the mid90's when they started censoring games on their consoles, starting with mortal kombat. get your facts straight.

instead of telling others, how about you get your facts straight.

i do have my facts straight and they say that nintendo is kid-friendly and a casual magnet. 

Sir_Marwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Sir_Marwin
Member since 2006 • 9734 Posts
way ahead of you :P
Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts
I was supposed to buy one around the time Pokemon Diamond/Pearl came out. I didn't have much money on me so I'd have to settle for used. Unfortunately, the deal never came through and I ended up depositing $100 into the bank. Now I have $80 more and I wish I didn't deposit the money because I'd be able to buy a new DS.
reyad-u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 reyad-u

[QUOTE="SpaceDragonMan"]your fanboyism never ceases to amaze me... latinrage69

who the hell are you? i've never see you so how can you that my "fanboyism ceases to amaze you"? 

well you see you dont have to make a post to see other peoples posts.  he may not have posted when you (or another fanboy) posted but that doesnt mean he hasnt seen you post.

SpaceDragonMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SpaceDragonMan
Member since 2007 • 1502 Posts

[QUOTE="SpaceDragonMan"]your fanboyism never ceases to amaze me... latinrage69

Im not talking to you, I talking to the TC. Everyone knows he's one of the biggest Fanboys in SW 

mighty_shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#48 mighty_shark
Member since 2005 • 1822 Posts
DS FTW! And how did this thread turn into an arguement about wrestling and mario?
qewrewq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 qewrewq
Member since 2004 • 1274 Posts

NorthlandMan

Yeah it's ok to have different tastes in gaming, DS and PSP games are totally different, and yes PSP does have more "mature" titles but that doesn't mean DS games are kiddy, I prefer psp games though. Saying "PSP sucks" , "psp games are all ports" or "psp is crap" makes you look stupid though. Maybe you could add *IMO* when you say dumb stuff like that. There's a "PSP sucks" line in nearly every post you make here, maybe that's why people are calling you a fanboy..
latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 latinrage69

[QUOTE="latinrage69"]

NorthlandMan

Well I'm 26 son and i've been gaming alot longer than you. And i'll be damned before i'm criticised on my "immature" tastes by someone who enjoys watching fat semi naked men pretend to beat each other up. Bottom line gamers buy games, DS has the games. Square Enix, monoltih soft, Biioware, Firaxis, Nippon Ichi. These are all quality companies with quality games. You've probably never heard of them but most gamers have.

and Assassins Creed (the game in your avatar) is coming o the DS. Damn that kiddy Nintendo rubbish!!!!!

Well said.

Lilac_Benjie

Personally i find it hilarious. Little kids who would probably start crying if they met you in real life talking about "kiddy" games. They think that just because they bought GTA Liberty Citty Stories on the PSP they're experts on gaming

i have heard of monolith software (FEAR), bioware (KOTOR and ME), and SE (FF series of crap), the others i haven't heard of. you bash me for my tastes and yet when i bash you for your's you become defensive. nice way to let the hypocracy out. you're 5 years older than me, call me a kid and you're the one being childish. wow, nintendo must keep the kid inside you alive. like everyone else, i stated off on nintendo (the NES), and left when i was 14 (the N64 to xbox transitional period). you tell me to grow up yet you still play kiddy games. hell i bet if nintendo came out with "duck, duck, goose" for the wii you'd be the first in line to by it.

oh and by the way, i never bought oa single GTA game for any console, it never interested me.