how i feel about the current consoles

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

I feel that these companies have cared less and less over the past few years about the games and more about the technology that powers them. It seems that everywhere i go all people are talking about is the resolution and blah blah this or that of the hardware. Honestly, I dont even know what half of it means or why it really even matters in the long run.

Think about it this way: you can boast about the graphical power, the detail of every sweat drop, all that crap this year about your wonderful games that are coming out. But if that's really all there is to them, then they become irrelevant and absolute. They will be outdated and forgotten in 10, maybe even 5 years. They wont have the lasting value that games like Zelda Ocarina of Time have maintained over a period of decades.

So, all im saying is..developers, step up your game! I am still convinced that PS1/N64 was the greatest era of gaming. There were so many genres and styles of games and it felt as if developers werent afraid to take risks with their games. It just seems today it is very rare for a game to come out that strays from the "norm" of gaming.

Hell, take Naughty Dog and The Last of Us as a prime example. ND said they were afraid of how the public would react to this game..because it's so different than anything we have had in a long time. They were afraid of negative response from the gaming community. Ironically, it becomes one of the highest praised games this past generation. Doesn't this prove that when something truly good and iconic comes out, gamers are willing to see that.

For me, personally, I love Sony and Nintendo but dont care at all for Microsoft. In fact, I didnt even get really into games again until I got my PS3 last summer. Why? because they offer games that are different, interesting and don't feel like the same regurgitated crap. I feel like the 360 offers nothing but FPS and they are all kind of samey feeling. I cant really think of many exclusive games to xbox...maybe Gears, Fable and Halo. Forza? i mean what else is there...

Sony has Uncharted, Last of Us, Infamous, MGS4, Littlebigplanet, Beyond Two Souls, Sly Cooper, Ni No Kuni, Tales of Xillia, Playstation Allstars, Killzone and Resistance. All great, all different from each other, all each have their own reason for why someone should want to play them.

I love Nintendo (even though I feel they desperately need to create some new IPs for the Wii U). Zelda, Fire Emblem and Smash Bros are some of my all time favorite franchises. They are great and unqiue from each other. However, they keep rehashing the same games, same franchises. They aren't taking risks either.

So, I guess to wrap this up (if you even read this far), I just really wish the community and developers would begin to care more about the actual games themselves rather than the hardware they are played on. it seems like the actual reason we buy consoles is pushed aside by the other fancy aspects of the hardware.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

1)blog it

2)tl;dr

3)you need 500 posts before creating a thread in SW

4)inb4lock