How does Microsoft win E3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

Third party exclusives? Killer Instinct? Or maybe.......

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts
They've already lost.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Not sure if you lost a bet, or Microsoft actually lost you.... Microsoft is betting the farm that the casual market is a bunch of dumbasses that won't figure out CoD and Madden are on other systems. Not sure what the TV is for, since that market is starting to die at this point.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

They announce they are going to pay gamers $15 a month to use XBL gold. No DRM. No more kinect. 50 exclusives. 

Avatar image for ShoulderOfOrion
ShoulderOfOrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ShoulderOfOrion
Member since 2013 • 3379 Posts
Plenty of games and plenty of TV. Sony = done.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts
Only if Sony's got something equally bad, or worse.
Bruce_Benzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bruce_Benzing
Member since 2012 • 1731 Posts

Only if Sony's got something equally bad, or worse.McStrongfast
Killzone...'nuff said.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
Member since 2010 • 4019 Posts

Timbers has become a Sony fanboy, it was only a matter of time. Soon more will follow

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

Ms just has to be like Xbox 360 at launch but better. Show some Gears of War and Halo. The main thing is to have all the multiplats. The 360 sold well just on multiplats and Xbox Live. Since the 360 was pretty much a success, they should have an even bigger library of multiplats. They have plenty of core and Kinect exclusives, so that will help a lot. 

Each new Xbox console only keeps getting more popular. 

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
Literally cure cancer while concurrently inventing zero-point energy extraction.
Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

[QUOTE="McStrongfast"]Only if Sony's got something equally bad, or worse.Bruce_Benzing

Killzone...'nuff said.

lol no
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
They lost a purchase from me with their online check in system so, nothing they show will matter. Hopefully Sony doesn't do the same at E3.
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

Today makrked the full, clear, blunt explanation on all MS policies for the Xbox One, from used games to privacy and DRM. Simply put if you don't l;ike it don't buy the Xbox One for watch their E3 show as you now know exactkly where you stand.

All MS has to do to win is exactly what they said they will do. 90 minutes of games. Meanwhile Sony will relay their DRM situation and since it will look just like or similar to MS's, fans will turn against them for having mislead them and not revealed it sooner that they are following what the publishers want. That reveal will overshadow their games as MS has the so called bad news out already.

MS just needs to hammer games, show the price, and set the release date.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#15 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
The only win for them would be to not show up.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Today makrked the full, clear, blunt explanation on all MS policies for the Xbox One, from used games to privacy and DRM. Simply put if you don't l;ike it don't buy the Xbox One for watch their E3 show as you now know exactkly where you stand.

All MS has to do to win is exactly what they said they will do. 90 minutes of games. Meanwhile Sony will relay their DRM situation and since it will look just like or similar to MS's, fans will turn against them for having mislead them and not revealed it sooner that they are following what the publishers want. That reveal will overshadow their games as MS has the so called bad news out already.

shawn30
Maybe if I keep saying it, it will be true... Considering Sony has already confirmed it will be left to the publishers, not sure where the backlash would come from other than the uninformed. Considering Sony has already said the system is totally offline capable (god that is a weird phrase), even if a game does require online for some completly arbitrary reason, plenty of other games will be avalible. Considering the above, I would love to hear just how far you think a publisher can go with limiting a game when it never has to be registered online at all.
santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

With core gamers?  I don't think they can.  Too much damage done.  But a huge lineup of great new games will at least give remaining fanboys something to cling to.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts
[QUOTE="shawn30"]

darkspineslayer
Maybe if I keep saying it, it will be true... Considering Sony has already confirmed it will be left to the publishers, not sure where the backlash would come from other than the uninformed. Considering Sony has already said the system is totally offline capable (god that is a weird phrase), even if a game does require online for some completly arbitrary reason, plenty of other games will be avalible. Considering the above, I would love to hear just how far you think a publisher can go with limiting a game when it never has to be registered online at all.

Not sure really, but it'll be universal whatever happens. I just can't get upset over a once a day checkin with my system and I al alright, not great, but alright with MS practices. At least I know what they all are now, lol. I just want my Xbox One games. Its my fav hobby and its changing, but life often does at times.
ShoulderOfOrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ShoulderOfOrion
 Microsoft telling it like it is. TCHBO.
CJ_ofCamelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CJ_ofCamelot
Member since 2013 • 2072 Posts
They lost a purchase from me with their online check in system so, nothing they show will matter. Hopefully Sony doesn't do the same at E3.FlamesOfGrey
X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Take away used game DRM, online check ins, Kinect requirements, etc.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts
MS can win E3 if Sony loses E3.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

Timbers has become a Sony fanboy, it was only a matter of time. Soon more will follow

Davekeeh
Uhh? No.
93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#24 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts
[QUOTE="ShoulderOfOrion"] Microsoft telling it like it is. TCHBO.

Blegh!
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts
Drop all DRM shit and stand up to publishers.
Technoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Technoire
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Games.
Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts
They've already lost.I_can_haz
curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#29 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts
Here is how: 1. Kinnect will bundle but will not be necessary for the console to work. 2. Pre owned fees gone. 3. Always online will be only a way to auto update your console and content, but you will be able to play games with NO connection required. 4. Here are our exclusives and the console's price will be $400 or below 5. Here is Battlefront III, KI with an arcade control included and another -no one saw that coming game- 6. 2 Kinnect games. Skittles the tiger shooting/desmembration and a yoga simulator featuring sasha grey. 7. Retro compatibility and X360 accounts will port to Xbox 1. 8. We so sorry for last days. THAT IS HOW YOU WIN, BUT ONLY NUMBER 8 WILL HAPPEN, AT MOST.
GKinnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GKinnel
Member since 2004 • 667 Posts
They'd need to be giving away alot of free stuff, and reversing some policies.. Or announce their games will be $50 or something like that.
verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

Give me a million dollars and I'll change everything about me to Microsoft Won E3 2013. I'd even get it tattoo'd.

danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts
Plenty of games and plenty of TV. Sony = done. ShoulderOfOrion
I wonder what it is going to take for you to open your eyes man. Seriously, could Microsoft just take a giant shit on your chest and you would be fine with it? Do you really have no limit to how much MS can bend you over? We haven't heard so much as a single doubt from you. You really are exactly the type of person that MS is now targeting.
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#33 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts
They don't.
j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts
core games will win them E3, they only need to have it at launch anyway, then they can abandon core games again after one year like previous gen,
DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#35 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts
Right now, they could announce every major publisher has signed exclusive deals with them, and for me, that would just mean I will be quitting gaming. It doesn't matter what they got, I refuse to buy this thing on several principles.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#36 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
They don't.
ShoulderOfOrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ShoulderOfOrion
[QUOTE="ShoulderOfOrion"]Plenty of games and plenty of TV. Sony = done. danjammer69
I wonder what it is going to take for you to open your eyes man. Seriously, could Microsoft just take a giant shit on your chest and you would be fine with it? Do you really have no limit to how much MS can bend you over? We haven't heard so much as a single doubt from you. You really are exactly the type of person that MS is now targeting.

Is it really that hard to believe that someone might not be as bothered by the same things you are?
Avatar image for full_disclosure
full_disclosure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 full_disclosure
Member since 2008 • 955 Posts

MS is truly done! This coming from a gamer who has choosen them first since 2001 launch. I usually own every console in a generation. But I won't come anywhere near this console. they had a chance to listen to gamers and stuck thier middle fingers out. This console will bomb epicly. the first year it will sell ok to trendy techy type and stupid unknowing fools. Once that drys up its over. no true gamer will get this trash. the snake finally swallowed to much of its own tail!

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
They win if they announce Halo 5 (that looks better than KZ which won't happen but lets say it does), a new Conker, Perfect Dark 2, Fallout 4 exclusive for cablebox, new banjo that isn't shit and most importantly up their pathetic console specs to at least ps4 level or this thing won't feel like an upgrade.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
games AND cheaper than PS4.
danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts
[QUOTE="danjammer69"][QUOTE="ShoulderOfOrion"]Plenty of games and plenty of TV. Sony = done. ShoulderOfOrion

Is it really that hard to believe that someone might not be as bothered by the same things you are?

No man, its not. I can certainly understand different priorities. But you can honestly say that none of what MS has done and said lately regarding the Xbone is troubling you in the slightest? It just seems that no matter what they announce, you will be right there to support it. There is nothing wrong with loving the shit out of your hobby, but none of this has fazed you. I just don't get how none of this can bother even the most hardcore of the lems in the slightest. It just seems like blind loyalty at this point.
Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

It would probably involve nukes.

Sali217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Sali217
Member since 2012 • 1301 Posts
Change their mind about DRM, Used games and online checkups.
Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts
[QUOTE="danjammer69"][QUOTE="ShoulderOfOrion"][QUOTE="danjammer69"] I wonder what it is going to take for you to open your eyes man. Seriously, could Microsoft just take a giant shit on your chest and you would be fine with it? Do you really have no limit to how much MS can bend you over? We haven't heard so much as a single doubt from you. You really are exactly the type of person that MS is now targeting.

No man, its not. I can certainly understand different priorities. But you can honestly say that none of what MS has done and said lately regarding the Xbone is troubling you in the slightest? It just seems that no matter what they announce, you will be right there to support it. There is nothing wrong with loving the shit out of your hobby, but none of this has fazed you. I just don't get how none of this can bother even the most hardcore of the lems in the slightest. It just seems like blind loyalty at this point.

Dude.. I feel the same as you about some of these folks!!!... I mean I LOVE my 360.. but can't stand this crap going down. And as of now I'm never getting an X1.. the 24 hour check in with daddy method can go screw itself.
Sali217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Sali217
Member since 2012 • 1301 Posts
[QUOTE="Infinite_Access"][QUOTE="danjammer69"][QUOTE="ShoulderOfOrion"] Is it really that hard to believe that someone might not be as bothered by the same things you are?

Dude.. I feel the same as you about some of these folks!!!... I mean I LOVE my 360.. but can't stand this crap going down. And as of now I'm never getting an X1.. the 24 hour check in with daddy method can go screw itself.

Not to mention, what happens in 10 years when those "check in" servers are shutdown and re-purposed?
dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Two things:

1: Games, games, games, games, games, games...

2: Sony *****s up to the degree Microsoft a few weeks ago

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
They lost since the xbox 1 reveal
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#49 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Cancelling the xbox one. People would cheer.