How do you guys feel about Rainbow Six Seige? Patriots cancelled

This topic is locked from further discussion.

telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 telefanatic
Member since 2007 • 3008 Posts

I am hugely dissapointed in UBI! It feels like a stab in the back with them going all MP with Rainbow Six Siege and not going ahead with Rainbow Six Patriots! I have played every Rainbow Six game since the first one came out on PC long long time ago. Each one had its portion of single player which was actually in my book an excellent experience. Vegas had great Campaign and excellent MP which i play till this day. But Siege going only MP is ridiculous. Why in the world did they cancel Patriots, seemed like an excellent concept and from what we saw back in the day looked so promising. Anyone else feel the same ? I did not try the beta and wont. Anyone else feel the same way ?

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

I'm always disappointed in Ubisoft... WatchDogs was the last straw for myself.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

The multi player was always the best part of rb6 games so I'm good. I played some of the beta and it was pretty fun

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

Worst decision ever however knowing ubisoft the footage you saw of Patriots and the actual game had they gone ahead with patriots would have been 100% different. Just look at their previous titles like ghost recon advanced warfighter, future soldier etc I don't know why watch dogs was such a surprise for people...9 out of 10 ubisoft games are nowhere as good as the trailer shown at e3.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#5 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

I don't take Ubisoft seriously these days and ignore whatever they make including new Rainbow Six.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Look at the bright side: At least Ubisoft isn't the type of developer/producer that just releases the exact same game over and over again.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59368 Posts

@telefanatic said:

I am hugely dissapointed in UBI! It feels like a stab in the back with them going all MP with Rainbow Six Siege and not going ahead with Rainbow Six Patriots!

They stabbed you in the back when they turned it into gears of war with terrorists.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

Would have much preferred patriots. Give me an engrossing single player experience any day. Seige looks ok but I hate relying on other players, especially in a game that requires communication and teamwork. Last game I played like that was evolve, and my "team mates" ran around like headless turkeys, wouldnt heal if they were medics, and nobody used a mic. I know its different if you have friends online but thats not really viable for most.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

I liked the idea o the game more and now they are focusing on mp? PFTTTT who cares where is the campaign why cant i customize my team use tactics?

@GhostHawk196 said:

Worst decision ever however knowing ubisoft the footage you saw of Patriots and the actual game had they gone ahead with patriots would have been 100% different. Just look at their previous titles like ghost recon advanced warfighter, future soldier etc I don't know why watch dogs was such a surprise for people...9 out of 10 ubisoft games are nowhere as good as the trailer shown at e3.

Quoted for truth. Nothing can be trusted nor colonial marines or bioshock infinite.

@R3FURBISHED said:

Look at the bright side: At least Ubisoft isn't the type of developer/producer that just releases the exact same game over and over again.

Assasin creed begs to differ and pretty much everything in watchdogs and far cry 4 is from their previous games. People accuse cod of recycling assets but nearly every gun in a ubisoft game has been re used in at least 2 other games.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Cloud_imperium

@R3FURBISHED said:

Actually they do. They make Assassin's Creed every year and their every open world game uses same formulas/gimmicks.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14829 Posts
@R3FURBISHED said:

Haha, I got that.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44693 Posts

Don't really care, there's so much Tom Clancy brand name gaming stuff I never got around to playing that I lose track of it it all. Don't think I ever got around to Splinter Cell: Black List, never got around to H.A.W.X. or H.A.W.X.2, didin't play Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. Never played Rainbow Six 2. There's probably loads more I don't even know about. What's one more game I miss.

What matters is right now I'm looking forward to Rainbow Six Siege, and remaining aware of The Division given previous hype surrounding it.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:
@R3FURBISHED said:

Actually they do. They make Assassin's Creed every year and their every open world game uses same formulas/gimmicks.

@dakan45 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Assasin creed begs to differ and pretty much everything in watchdogs and far cry 4 is from their previous games. People accuse cod of recycling assets but nearly every gun in a ubisoft game has been re used in at least 2 other games.

Good job (not) detecting the sarcasm guys

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Cloud_imperium

@R3FURBISHED said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@R3FURBISHED said:

@dakan45 said:
@R3FURBISHED said:

Good job (not) detecting the sarcasm guys

My Sarcasm detector needs fixing.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Ubisoft have done nothing but disappoint with copy paste game-play mechanics and poor performance since the start of this gen. For that reason I dont feel anything about R6 Siege. I was excited when I first saw it but now I have low expectations of Ubisoft games.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#16 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

I'm always disappointed in Ubisoft... WatchDogs was the last straw for myself.

This.

I'm going to grudgingly give them one more chance with For Honor though because I love melee pvp games.