How do people still get excited for Halo?

• 79 results
#51 Posted by xhawk27 (11188 posts) -

@fedor said:

@xhawk27: It will. We can do a bet of some sort to make it interesting if you'd like.

Yeah I will make that bet after E3. lol

#52 Posted by Fedor (4611 posts) -

@xhawk27: It can just be a sig or avi bet. Give it some thought.

#53 Edited by xhawk27 (11188 posts) -

@fedor said:

@xhawk27: It can just be a sig or avi bet. Give it some thought.

Ok but what clarifies a game to be a Gaas type game? If it has DLC is that a Gaas game?

#54 Edited by Fedor (4611 posts) -

@xhawk27: A game that will recieve a indefinite stream of monitized content. MTX, expansions, dlc, sub model (gamepass). Always online, probably some mmo type grinds, and a hub world.

#55 Posted by xhawk27 (11188 posts) -

@fedor said:

@xhawk27: A game that will recieve a indefinite stream of monitized content. MTX, expansions, dlc, sub model (gamepass). Always online, probably some mmo type grinds, and a hub world.

OK no bet then. Halo Infinite will have a better campaign than Halo 5 though.

#56 Posted by rzxv04 (573 posts) -

Hopes and dreams for the Xbox, Legacy, Nostalgia, Xbox Mascot.

First party big budget "exclusive" will always have impact, positive or negative.

#57 Posted by rzxv04 (573 posts) -

@fedor said:

Maybe that's a big reason why it's also called "infinite" designed for long term MT pandering?

I hope the base campaign is still good though but if they're gonna but rpg elements in it, I can imagine Dragon Age style DLC happening.

If that happens, I wonder if I can just wait for a GOTY edition with all the campaign DLCs.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#58 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4350 posts) -

It sounds like Halo's going the way of Destiny, and while that doesn't sound TOO bad, it's not really a thing that gets me excited for Halo again. Unless, by "infinite", they're going for a Star Citizen type engine that creates massive randomly-generated open worlds and such. Would be ambitious.

#59 Posted by Yams1980 (3430 posts) -

I lost some excitement for Halo after Halo 2. I think the last Halo game I played was Halo 3 or 4.

I'm fairly excited that they are bringing the original Halo and a few sequels to PC at some point. I had the original Halo on PC but it was one of the worst ports I've ever played and always preferred the original xbox version. So it'll be great to play the original in higher resolution at 60+ fps and hopefully it'll have ultrawide support.

I liked the remake they did for the original halo they had come out on the xbox 360, it was a nice improvement, hopefully they add a bit more polishing to the PC version when it comes out.

#60 Posted by dxmcat (2567 posts) -

people still get excited for mcdonalds.

#61 Posted by Sevenizz (3617 posts) -

@fedor: False.

#62 Posted by Shewgenja (21205 posts) -

Let people like things.

#63 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15561 posts) -

Both good franchises in their own ways. MS does need new IPs though...

#64 Posted by Fedor (4611 posts) -

@Sevenizz: Is it?

#65 Posted by sirk1264 (5977 posts) -

The gameplay of halo 5 was great. It was just the campaign was lacking.

#66 Posted by enzyme36 (4151 posts) -

Some of the best campaign co-op FPS out there. Really looking forward to the steam ports to bring the band back together on some Halo.

#67 Posted by robert_sparkes (2925 posts) -

I'm excited for infinite a chance for 343 to get the campaign back on track.

#68 Posted by ni6htmare01 (3757 posts) -

Is 343.. Halo is no longer the same without their original creator.

#69 Posted by Raining51 (804 posts) -

I don't really know.

#70 Posted by gcfreak898 (1991 posts) -

I'm playing thru all the halo games currently. Halo is a great FPS based off skill and not pay to win unlike some FPS games. Plus, it has a better story than most FPS games out on the market.

#71 Posted by PAL360 (29549 posts) -

I haven't played Halo 5 yet, but the series used to be amazing. Halo CE is actually one of my favourite games ever.

#72 Posted by Kadin_Kai (331 posts) -

I am looking forward to the next Halo, but admittedly the last one was a bit poo! I didn’t even bother finishing it.

#74 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18691 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:

It sounds like Halo's going the way of Destiny, and while that doesn't sound TOO bad, it's not really a thing that gets me excited for Halo again. Unless, by "infinite", they're going for a Star Citizen type engine that creates massive randomly-generated open worlds and such. Would be ambitious.

I fu*king hope not... either way, both sound horrible.

If Infinite doesn't have a proper SP campaign, I think I'll be officially done with Halo (which would be a very sad day for me).

#75 Edited by BoxRekt2 (23 posts) -

I liked Halo 1 so I'm hyped for Infinite because it's supposed to be a reboot of the original.

I'll play it on PC if it's any good.

#76 Posted by StormyJoe (7765 posts) -

@Random_Matt said:

They do? Number 5 sold complete shit, not even a system seller anymore, how many do you need?

It sold over 5 million in 3 months...

#77 Posted by KingsofQueens (2521 posts) -

Halo 4 was ok but Halo 5 was a mess. With each iteration of Halo, it seems, at least to me, the series has gone downhill. I'm not exactly excited with Infinite. If 343 continues with the whole Coop play concept with Infinite, I'll surely give up on the franchise.

#78 Edited by Son-Goku7523 (594 posts) -

Halo is not as popular as it used to be. Last one was a flop sales wise if you compare it to previous main entries in the franchise. Diehard lems still love the Halo franchise but a lot of people have moved on to other shooters. It's not 2007 anymore and MS will need to completely reboot Halo for the better to get people back to the franchise (I doubt they will). What Halo needs is a reboot like the God of War franchise did, Sony realized after GOW:A that they would need to reboot the franchise to stay relevant and that's what they did. Unfortunately, rebooting franchises is no easy task and it comes with a lot of risk. A mega successful reboot like the one SSM did with GOW is a one a million. The difficulty of doing a successful reboot alongside the fact that they shooter space is super competitive and crowded nowadays, unlike in 2007, makes me believe whatever new Halo MS has planned won't be able to capture the franchise's former glory and popularity.

#79 Posted by Raining51 (804 posts) -

In all seriousness they re are mega level productions.... the amount of effort put it into everything from music, sound, programming, graphics, cinematics, etc it's all

like is sitting around the couch going to be better?

No, it's not.