how could ppl say MS won if most games were multiplat, while sony showed 1st ex

This topic is locked from further discussion.

virtuas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 virtuas
Member since 2007 • 1312 Posts

how could ppl say ms won e3 if most of their show consisted of a couple of wii wanna be first party and a whole lot of 3rd party multiplatform such as the likes of FF13, LIPS (might as well be called singstar), FALLOUT, RE5, ROCKBAND, ETC. Ps3 on the other hand showed their 1st party games like LBP, MAG, GOD OF WAR, RESISTANCE, KILLZONE, INFAMOUS, DC ONLINE, ETC with a few 3rd party multiplat.

realistically sony showed more exlusive games than ms. sure, ff13 annoucnement was big, but fanboys are taking it to the new level like this will end sony's gaming business. FF is a big game.......... in japan. i mean look at the U.S. sales of FF series lately, the best it could is sell 2+ million here in a console with 50-60 userbase in U.S.

i mean the way it looks you guys are saying this

Multiplat > 1st Party

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts
I haven't even finished watching the Sony Press Conference but it easily beats out MS's press conference.
ovechkin08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ovechkin08
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

Sony didn't show killzone 2. They did show LittleBigPlanet though. And a bit of infamous.

humber_matus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 humber_matus
Member since 2007 • 2101 Posts
lemmigns liek to pretend liek we lost FF13.
humber_matus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 humber_matus
Member since 2007 • 2101 Posts

Sony didn't show killzone 2. They did show LittleBigPlanet though. And a bit of infamous.

ovechkin08

they showed off the multiplayer after the conference.

roxomega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 roxomega
Member since 2005 • 157 Posts

LOL sony is still hashing out ps2 games pffff.

Sony had just as many multi plats as everyone else. Only blind fanboys didnt notice.

agni_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 agni_1
Member since 2004 • 791 Posts
Cause all Sony did was talk about numbers and how someone somewhere built a supercomputer using like a million PS3's..okay who really gives a crap about that. Add that to the fact that their GOW3 trailer was like 5 seconds and you kinda get the picture and enough with the PS2 already, they are beating a dead horse.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

lemmigns liek to pretend liek we lost FF13.humber_matus

and cows like to pretend they never said FF13 was never going to be on the 360.

seriously..

lordxymor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lordxymor
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

To me all conferences were extremely weak.

If it wasn't for FF13 megaton(which is way out of proportion), I wouldn't even know E3 was taking place this week.

virtuas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 virtuas

LOL sony is still hashing out ps2 games pffff.

Sony had just as many multi plats as everyone else. Only blind fanboys didnt notice.

roxomega

sony wanst focus on multiplat games while ms show did

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

Cause all Sony did was talk about numbers and how someone somewhere built a supercomputer using like a million PS3's..okay who really gives a crap about that. Add that to the fact that their GOW3 trailer was like 5 seconds and you kinda get the picture and enough with the PS2 already, they are beating a dead horse. agni_1

Wow if I went by what you said I would have missed out on a ton. Quit trying to downplay their conference, it was easily the best one this year.

opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 opex07
Member since 2007 • 2236 Posts

Sony didnt really show off any games in depth, other than maybe resistance, all that was really shown was a quick preview displaying all of their 08 line-up. I liked how MS spent time in the games they showed, reveiling things like live co-op in fable 2 and how it is performed, and things like new vehicles in Gears of War, etc..

MS also showed exclusive game content like portal, fallout, and new arcade games etc..

virtuas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 virtuas
The way it look is as if MS ask their 3rd party supporters if they can announce their game in their conference so MS presentation won't look like they didn't have any 1st party games coming out.
Izzy12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Izzy12345
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts
Winning is not based on games anymore its how much buzz do you get in forums like this. MS won that although I agree Sony showed alot more quality stuff, but with our diminished attention spans the only thing that resonates is FFX3 360.
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
They didn't show Killzone 2, tbh.
roxomega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 roxomega
Member since 2005 • 157 Posts
Proof??? u have it??
voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 voxware00
Member since 2004 • 5018 Posts

completely why i think ms had the worst show of the 3

they got.. ff13, yeah huge news, other than that, announce any new exclusives? nah just some casual crap

really boring show in general too.. oh boy, duffy presentation

CB4McGusto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CB4McGusto
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

They didn't show Killzone 2, tbh.thrones

You Son of a B****!!!!!! You stole my sig!!!!! :evil:

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

Sony didnt really show off any games in depth, other than maybe resistance, all that was really shown was a quick preview displaying all of their 08 line-up. I liked how MS spent time in the games they showed, reveiling things like live co-op in fable 2 and how it is performed, and things like new vehicles in Gears of War, etc..

MS also showed exclusive game content like portal, fallout, and new arcade games etc..

opex07

That's what I was about to say. MS showed us realy gameplay for games that should be out in the near future. Sony showed us CGI trailers for God of War 3 and MAG, and who know when those are coming out.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50594 Posts

They didn't show Killzone 2, tbh.thrones

Like others have said, they showed it after the keynote.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thrones

[QUOTE="thrones"]They didn't show Killzone 2, tbh.CB4McGusto

You Son of a B****!!!!!! You stole my sig!!!!! :evil:

Fixed. I totally didn't now.
virtuas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 virtuas
[QUOTE="opex07"]

VoodooHak

That's what I was about to say. MS showed us realy gameplay for games that should be out in the near future. Sony showed us CGI trailers for God of War 3 and MAG, and who know when those are coming out.

i rather see mag and god of war 3 in any shape or form than see that movie game or any of the wii game they were showing

wmc540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 wmc540
Member since 2006 • 2620 Posts

completely why i think ms had the worst show of the 3

they got.. ff13, yeah huge news, other than that, announce any new exclusives? nah just some casual crap

really boring show in general too.. oh boy, duffy presentation

voxware00

Gears 2, VP2, and Banjo Kazooie??

sireclaborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sireclaborn
Member since 2008 • 1305 Posts
well on yahoo they already declared a winner. i guess the real world cares more about what consoles show in the gaming department instead of stealing exclusives. really the only thing ms did was show ff13.
opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 opex07

i rather see mag and god of war 3 in any shape or form than see that movie game or any of the wii game they were showing

virtuas

Why? everyone was aware that God of War 3 was comming out in 2009, the trailer essentialy just showed viewers what we have known for several months, and the MAG CGI trailer didnt give us any idea how the game will actually play out other than 256 players being there also.

Im personally more interested in finding out something new, instead of one thing with very little information provided to even get me hyped about

new things

360: Netflix, dashboard update, new live features, FF13, fallout exclusive content, portal, arcade games

PS3: Video service (avaliable on live years ago), MAG, PSN games

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts
[QUOTE="VoodooHak"][QUOTE="opex07"]

virtuas

Luckily there was more to the MS presser than the smoke n mirrors of CG trailers.

ParadiddleFill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ParadiddleFill
Member since 2007 • 3506 Posts

well on yahoo they already declared a winner. i guess the real world cares more about what consoles show in the gaming department instead of stealing exclusives. really the only thing ms did was show ff13.sireclaborn

haha yahoo arent they in a bidding war with microsoft for their company? hmm i wonder why they think sony won

sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sakura_Ex
Member since 2007 • 3066 Posts

opex07

Looks like someone doesn't have G4.

jliebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 jliebel
Member since 2005 • 1217 Posts
MS didn't announce any exclusive potentially new AA or AAA titles that is why they didn't win, while Sony announced 2 potential AAA exclusives.
opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 opex07
[QUOTE="opex07"]

sakura_Ex

I do, and watched the whole sony conference.

ParadiddleFill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ParadiddleFill

MS didn't announce any exclusive potentially new AA or AAA titles that is why they didn't win, while Sony announced 2 potential AAA exclusives. jliebel

i guess gears of war 2 and fable 2 doesnt exist

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 thrones

[QUOTE="jliebel"]MS didn't announce any exclusive potentially new AA or AAA titles that is why they didn't win, while Sony announced 2 potential AAA exclusives. ParadiddleFill

But, they've been around for a loooooong time.
sireclaborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sireclaborn
Member since 2008 • 1305 Posts

[QUOTE="sireclaborn"]well on yahoo they already declared a winner. i guess the real world cares more about what consoles show in the gaming department instead of stealing exclusives. really the only thing ms did was show ff13.ParadiddleFill

haha yahoo arent they in a bidding war with microsoft for their company? hmm i wonder why they think sony won

either way there hitting millions of casuals... free advertisement for sony

jliebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jliebel

[QUOTE="jliebel"]MS didn't announce any exclusive potentially new AA or AAA titles that is why they didn't win, while Sony announced 2 potential AAA exclusives. ParadiddleFill

They were announced some time ago ;) they weren't announced here. Not reading ftl.

Cellpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Cellpwn
Member since 2007 • 1052 Posts

According to Yahoo, MS and Nintendo should be nervous after Sony's showing :?

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/e3-2008/e3-2008-blogs/1227326

Sony Takes the Lead

"Xbox 360 and Nintendo should be nervous about the news Sony has for PlayStation fans."

sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sakura_Ex
Member since 2007 • 3066 Posts
[QUOTE="sakura_Ex"][QUOTE="opex07"]

opex07

I do, and watched the whole sony conference.

You do know they showed off different game demos after the conference right ?

Like for instance..... KZ2,The Agency,RS2 and etc.

ParadiddleFill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ParadiddleFill
[QUOTE="ParadiddleFill"]

[QUOTE="jliebel"]MS didn't announce any exclusive potentially new AA or AAA titles that is why they didn't win, while Sony announced 2 potential AAA exclusives. jliebel

They were announced some time ago ;) they weren't announced here. Not reading ftl.

if by new you mean games we wont see for another two year then ok by the way what new AAA exclusive did sony announce

jliebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jliebel
[QUOTE="jliebel"][QUOTE="ParadiddleFill"]

if by new you mean games we wont see for another two year then ok by the way what new AAA exclusive did sony announce

GoW3 and MAG, I feel sorry for you, maybe one day you will drop that fanboi curtain and enjoy games like true gamers ;)

ParadiddleFill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ParadiddleFill
[QUOTE="ParadiddleFill"][QUOTE="jliebel"][QUOTE="ParadiddleFill"]

[QUOTE="jliebel"]MS didn't announce any exclusive potentially new AA or AAA titles that is why they didn't win, while Sony announced 2 potential AAA exclusives. jliebel

GoW3 and MAG, I feel sorry for you, maybe one day you will drop that fanboi curtain and enjoy games like true gamers ;)

sorry but god of war 3 was announced awhile back MAG is the only one and it was cgi so who knows when that game will be out. So im a fanboy because i speak the truth

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

So Gears of War 2 is Multiplat? Fable 2 is Multiplat? Banjo Nutz & Bolts was Multiplat? Lips was Multiplat? Infinite Undiscovery was Multiplat? Those handful of XBLA games with the avatars were multiplat?

What bloody conference were you watching... :|

opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 opex07

You do know they showed off different game demos after the conference right ?

Like for instance..... KZ2,The Agency,RS2 and etc.

sakura_Ex

yes MS, Sony, Nintendo all show stuff off after the conferences but I was talking about the conference itself, like everyone else is.

virtuas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 virtuas

So Gears of War 2 is Multiplat? Fable 2 is Multiplat? Banjo Nutz & Bolts was Multiplat? Lips was Multiplat? Infinite Undiscovery was Multiplat? Those handful of XBLA games with the avatars were multiplat?

OhSnapitz

how about google, does goole have a review on e3

AndYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#43 AndYOU
Member since 2005 • 6712 Posts
One funny thing about MS press conference: I could've sworn I heard Shane Kim say Rock Band 2 was going to be exclusive to 360:lol:
jliebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jliebel
[QUOTE="jliebel"][QUOTE="ParadiddleFill"][QUOTE="jliebel"][QUOTE="ParadiddleFill"]

sorry but god of war 3 was announced awhile back MAG is the only one and it was cgi so who knows when that game will be out. So im a fanboy because i speak the truth

GoW3 was a rumor awhile back ;) it became official today.

voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 voxware00
Member since 2004 • 5018 Posts

OhSnapitz

well considering we've already known and seen these games already... i'd say it was a pretty uninteresting conference with no exciting new exclusive titles

Gamerman12362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gamerman12362
Member since 2008 • 770 Posts

One funny thing about MS press conference: I could've sworn I heard Shane Kim say Rock Band 2 was going to be exclusive to 360:lol:AndYOU

he said it was going to be exclusive to the 360 in 2008.

it is. RB2 is timed exclusive.

ParadiddleFill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ParadiddleFill
well in march 07 at the launch party of gow2 Cory Barlog said that to expect to see 1080p and sixaxis in the future of god of war. Im sure everyone knew this title was coming out to the ps3
mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts
Sony had the better showing, but MS had the bigger bomb with FF13 going multi.
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts

They owned sony with FF13 being stolen away from them.

The press conference could of been all casual garbage (like nintendo) but it wouldnt of matterd becaue FF13 OWNED the cow's.