How come I never heard the word second life before Home?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Raider4Life81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Raider4Life81
Member since 2007 • 196 Posts
The Conspiracy of PS3 bashing contunies~!
mylsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 mylsd
Member since 2004 • 1190 Posts
maybe because you don't pay attention to video game news as closely as others, maybe because second life doesn't appeal to hard core gamers, but it's quite popular and you should've heard of it before
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
it's all over the gaming news and even mentioned in the mainstream media. it's not something that gamers are really that interested in though.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts
I never heard of it too until Home came out. Kids says the darnest things!
Nugtoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Nugtoka
Member since 2003 • 1812 Posts
probably because that type of system is pretty worthless for games and gamers. That's why you didn't hear about it because you probably thought it was gay But now that Sony is doing the exact same thing its like the most incredible amazing things ever created.
Medjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Medjai
Member since 2003 • 3839 Posts
maybe you were so distracted by how bad the Raiders were/are that its all you could think about and Second Life just flew under the radar...if I had to watch Andrew Walter throw passes every week my life would be ditracted from too...good luck with Jamarcus Russell  
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

The similarities between the two are apparently. Why wouldn't it be mentioned? At this point, Home is an online base that allows you to play online games (although, the gaming part of home is nowhere near as fleshed out as XBL) and has a social area for people to "talk". The social area is what has been getting the most attention mainly because it's so, well, weird to implement like they are. They don't even have a universal friends list on Home (in other words, it's not completely unified throughout the games.) Why wouldn't they focus on the social area when everything else (so far) is underwhelming? It directly relates to Second life so of course it's going to be mentioned. I don't honestly know when Second life came about simply because i never paid attention, but it was most certainly before home.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

The Conspiracy of PS3 bashing contunies~!Raider4Life81

Because it's lame.

Bri_Str8_Kraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Bri_Str8_Kraze
Member since 2006 • 37 Posts
this has nothing to do with ps3 bashing, i read about this game in a newspaper today and i went to look it up, thats y i posted here, stop being so paranoid.
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
Because you haven't been paying attention? Second Life became a media phenomenon. Companies held shareholder meetings there. Professors started giving lectures on Second Life. And then a woman who had gotten rich selling digital property in Second Life was holding a press conference in Second Life, at which point she was attacked by an opposing group. Their weapon? A flock of giant flying... uh... Wii's. You missed all of that?
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
Politicians go onto Second Life and try to get votes and crap. CNET has a Second Life Correspondent.