How Come Epic pulled a "No Comment" on Gears 2 PC a few months ago?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 0

#1 dgsag
Member since 2005 • 6760 Posts

So, I was flipping through an older issue of EGM (July 2008 ). I came upon an interview with CliffyB and noticed his answer to a question about possible chapters that they're holding back for a PC release of Gears 2. Cliffy responds, "We haven't said anything about a PC version yet!"

Now, I know this was 1 or 2 months before Epic started desperately denying ANY PC port, but don't you think its strange that they pulled a "no comment" a few months before making those statements? Seems like Microsoft had a little chat with Capps, Rein, and Cliffy after this interview, if you know what I mean... ;)

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
Hahah, I hope that hermits give the lemmings a taste of their own medicine for all the crap they gave cows about MGS4's exclusivity. :D
hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 hopesfall2own
Member since 2008 • 2714 Posts
Hahah, I hope that hermits give the lemmings a taste of their own medicine for all the crap they gave cows about MGS4's exclusivity. :DTimstuff

How can hermits claim anything about this? ...
Scar3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Scar3
Member since 2003 • 423 Posts

For such an 'elite' platform you hermlings sure pray for the day Gears 2, console game, goes MP. Have you not games to pira..play?Pro_wrestler

well of course, if you had the elite platform, wouldn't you want elite games like gears 2 on it?

karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 karasill
Member since 2007 • 3155 Posts
For such an 'elite' platform you hermlings sure pray for the day Gears 2, console game, goes MP. Have you not games to pira..play?Pro_wrestler
I'm not a fan of Gears 2 so I couldn't careless if it became multiplat or not. It'll just be funny to see lemmings get owned and spin damage control once it does. I on the other hand am waiting for Left4Dead to come out, that's the game I'm truly looking forward to play and BUY. There are many many legit PC gamers out there, piracy isn't as huge as some of you guys make it out to be. Otherwise Steam wouldn't exist, nor could you walk into a Walmart or Target and see a huge collection of PC games. Obviously the PC platform is still very profitable.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i honestly think that it will be coming out for the pc. almost every game from 360 devolopers say no it won't come to for the pc end up coming. mass effect, gta 4, gears other games.
dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dgsag

i honestly think that it will be coming out for the pc. almost every game from 360 devolopers say no it won't come to for the pc end up coming. mass effect, gta 4, gears other games. iam2green

And the fact that Epic first said No Comment, and then just said NO, makes it extremely fishy... ;) I mean, its not like something would have drastically changed in the time between those two statements that would have completely altered their plans...

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts

I'm ont a fan of Gears 2 so I could careless if it became multiplat or not. It'll just be funny to see lemmings get owned and spin damage control once it does. I on the other hand am waiting for Left4Dead to come out, that's the game I'm truly looking forward to play and BUY. There are many many legit PC gamers out there, piracy isn't as huge as some of you guys make it out to be. Otherwise Steam wouldn't exist, nor could you walk into a Walmart or Target and see a huge collection of PC games.karasill

Why would Gears fans care? It'll be inferior by comparsion just like the first one. Playing Gears of War on PC was like playing Steel Battalion with an NES controller. Piracy is large enough for studios to keep their games off your platform apparently. 

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

[QUOTE="karasill"] I'm ont a fan of Gears 2 so I could careless if it became multiplat or not. It'll just be funny to see lemmings get owned and spin damage control once it does. I on the other hand am waiting for Left4Dead to come out, that's the game I'm truly looking forward to play and BUY. There are many many legit PC gamers out there, piracy isn't as huge as some of you guys make it out to be. Otherwise Steam wouldn't exist, nor could you walk into a Walmart or Target and see a huge collection of PC games.Pro_wrestler

Why would Gears fans care? It'll be inferior by comparsion just like the first one. Playing Gears of War on PC was like playing Steel Battalion with an NES controller. Piracy is large enough for studios to keep their games off your platform apparently. 

What? Controls were better on the PC version. I played both. 

Avatar image for jaisimar_chelse
jaisimar_chelse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jaisimar_chelse
Member since 2007 • 1931 Posts

[QUOTE="karasill"] I'm ont a fan of Gears 2 so I could careless if it became multiplat or not. It'll just be funny to see lemmings get owned and spin damage control once it does. I on the other hand am waiting for Left4Dead to come out, that's the game I'm truly looking forward to play and BUY. There are many many legit PC gamers out there, piracy isn't as huge as some of you guys make it out to be. Otherwise Steam wouldn't exist, nor could you walk into a Walmart or Target and see a huge collection of PC games.Pro_wrestler

w8 wut ? inferior version ? 

guess i played some other version of gears on my pc

dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dgsag
[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]

[QUOTE="karasill"] I'm ont a fan of Gears 2 so I could careless if it became multiplat or not. It'll just be funny to see lemmings get owned and spin damage control once it does. I on the other hand am waiting for Left4Dead to come out, that's the game I'm truly looking forward to play and BUY. There are many many legit PC gamers out there, piracy isn't as huge as some of you guys make it out to be. Otherwise Steam wouldn't exist, nor could you walk into a Walmart or Target and see a huge collection of PC games.DragonfireXZ95

What? Controls were better on the PC version. I played both. 

As were the graphics...

The only thing the PC version was missing was split-screen, and that's understandable...

karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 karasill

Funny, I think you must have came from an alternate dimension where PC versions of multiplat games were inferior. Last time I checked the PC version of Gears of War was the better version, or did I miss something? :| Extra missions, better graphics, free online, dedicated servers, somehow = inferior?For the people who don't like the keyboard and mouse controls, they have the option to play with a controller, even a 360 controller :o *gasp* Problem solved.

Yeah, many studios are keeping their games off the PC, which ones are they again? And please don't start listing off console only devs who've never touched a graphics card or worked with directX in their lives. Anyways, I guess Capcom forgot the memo to keep their games off the PC platform, seeing as they are bringing over pretty much every game that they are making in the forseeable future on the PC. Anyways, the point is that the PC is actually getting more support from devs then it ever has and is a very strong platform.

Scar3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Scar3

Keep wishing that Gears 2 will come out for the PC because its not.  Epic is no longer going to be making PC games because of PC gamers (aka fake gamers who download illegally).  Buy a 360 is you want to play the game.nVidiaGaMer

1 million dollars says it will

dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dgsag
[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]

[QUOTE="karasill"] I'm ont a fan of Gears 2 so I could careless if it became multiplat or not. It'll just be funny to see lemmings get owned and spin damage control once it does. I on the other hand am waiting for Left4Dead to come out, that's the game I'm truly looking forward to play and BUY. There are many many legit PC gamers out there, piracy isn't as huge as some of you guys make it out to be. Otherwise Steam wouldn't exist, nor could you walk into a Walmart or Target and see a huge collection of PC games.karasill

Funny, I think you must have came from an alternate dimension where PC versions of multiplat games were inferior. Last time I checked the PC version of Gears of War was the better version, or did I miss something? :| Extra missions, better graphics, free online, dedicated servers, somehow = inferior?For the people who don't like the keyboard and mouse controls, they have the option to play with a controller, even a 360 controller :o *gasp* Problem solved.

Yeah, many studios are keeping their games off the PC, which ones are they again? And please don't start listing off console only devs. Anyways, I guess Capcom forgot the memo to keep their games off the PC platform, seeing as they are bringing over pretty much every game that they are making in the forseeable future on the PC. Anyways, the point is that the PC is actually getting more support from devs then it ever has and is a very strong platform.

All I need is an RE5 PC announcement and I officially have no reason to get a console yet again. :D

dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dgsag

[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]Keep wishing that Gears 2 will come out for the PC because its not.  Epic is no longer going to be making PC games because of PC gamers (aka fake gamers who download illegally).  Buy a 360 is you want to play the game.Scar3

1 million dollars says it will

E3 2009. :)

jaisimar_chelse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jaisimar_chelse

Keep wishing that Gears 2 will come out for the PC because its not.  Epic is no longer going to be making PC games because of PC gamers (aka fake gamers who download illegally).  Buy a 360 is you want to play the game.nVidiaGaMer

yup no need for those devs that kill their own fanbase aka release a **** *** consolised crap POS known as unreal touny 3 :)

karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 karasill
[QUOTE="karasill"][QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]

dgsag

Yeah, many studios are keeping their games off the PC, which ones are they again? And please don't start listing off console only devs. Anyways, I guess Capcom forgot the memo to keep their games off the PC platform, seeing as they are bringing over pretty much every game that they are making in the forseeable future on the PC. Anyways, the point is that the PC is actually getting more support from devs then it ever has and is a very strong platform.

All I need is an RE5 PC announcement and I officially have no reason to get a console yet again. :D

this article pretty much sumd it up :) http://pc.ign.com/articles/879/879239p1.html

I especailly like this comment made by capcom: "We've only confirmed Resident Evil 5 for the Xbox 360 and PS3 at this time."

They didn't deny a PC version.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#20 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Gears of War 2 will not be going to PC, I'm sure of it
MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MarloStanfield
Member since 2008 • 2409 Posts
I'll buy it when it comes out on PC but i'm in no hurry to play it
Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
As long as people can fly don't do it this time. It laucned with way to many serious tecnical issues that were fixed by un-official comunity developed patches before they were with official patches.
Scar3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Scar3

Gears of War 2 will not be going to PC, I'm sure of itToriko42

I'm sure it will.

dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dgsag

As long as people can fly don't do it this time. It laucned with way to many serious tecnical issues that were fixed by un-official comunity developed patches before they were with official patches.Marka1700

People Can Fly is busy with a new IP. Hopefully a competent team (like Gearbox or similar) ports it.

MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MarloStanfield
Member since 2008 • 2409 Posts

People Can Fly is busy with a new IP. Hopefully a competent team (like Gearbox or similar) ports it.

dgsag

they'll need someone ebtter than gearbox

i'm glad pcf are doing their own thing though

Zythyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 Zythyl
Member since 2006 • 545 Posts

Piracy also exists for the 360 and PS3 man. Besides, if the devs/publishers got to together and decided to release their games on Steam then there would be no immediate pirate threat would they? So ultimately you could blame all of this on the retailers for being money pigs. :)

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts
Why do hermits even want Gears2 ? There are much better PC games out there.
ExtremeOne316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ExtremeOne316
Member since 2008 • 742 Posts

Unless Cliff changes his mind its never coming to the PC  

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Its not the hermits at fault, when the lemmings have been pirating the game weeks before its release.

Which I guess reflects on the 360s piracy ease, due to softmodding, and the recent leaks of many notable releases well before retail release. 

Other than that lemmings just get bitter when one of their heralded titles gets ported to the PC, and hermits simply don't give a ****, and rub this in their faces.

Meh, id rather get it on 360 anyway, for the split screen.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 skrat_01

Unless Cliff changes his mind its never coming to the PC  

ExtremeOne316

You do know Dude Huge doesn't own the IP or run Epic?

If anyone decides on its being ported it wont be him.

Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts

Gears of War 2 will not be going to PC, I'm sure of itToriko42

IDK, MS and Epic don't care about the console exclusives games list (as long as it isn't on the PS3, for MS), So after Gears 2 sells for the 360, I can see them bringing Gears 2 to the PC to get more money, but it may be up to a year.

But as of right now it is only 360.

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
[QUOTE="jaisimar_chelse"]

Pro_wrestler

Yes, the torrented version with missing and/or corupt files.

Cause you know for sure he pirated the game right? You seen him get the torrent? Or are you just being a dick? One of the two.

And honestly, why the hell do hermits care about Gears 2? I sure as hell don't want a console experience when I'm playing on my PC. I'd just get a console instead.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts
Not a big gears fan but I hope the PC does get a port, its great to see the 360 losing exclusives and lemmings freaking out.
jaisimar_chelse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jaisimar_chelse
[QUOTE="jaisimar_chelse"]

Pro_wrestler

umm wut ? :?

and then forumites say pc gamers are elitist ********

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 skrat_01

Pro_wrestler

Accusing people or piracy?

Or ar you that bitter?

Either way that is pretty appaling behaviour on your behalf.

Siiiiinking standards eh.

Avatar image for metalgear-solid
metalgear-solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 metalgear-solid
Member since 2004 • 7001 Posts
They denied a PC port of the first game as well, so it's nothing new. Xbox 360 users can enjoy it while it lasts, but it won't be before too long that we get a PC port.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if it did come to PC

I mean, MS still holds the publishing rights, right? I think once gears does it's job on the 360(sales wise), they'll release a PC version.

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"][QUOTE="jaisimar_chelse"]

jaisimar_chelse

umm wut ? :?

and then forumites say pc gamers are elitist ********

Lol, WTF.
devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

wow then you must really suck :lol: I happen to think the KB/m controls are better then using the controller...example: with the controller when ur aiming with the shotgun(zooming it) it moves very slow but with the mouse u can move it very fast..instant headshots.. everyone i play with happens to think the controller is very much slower and  clunkier in comparison

deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 deangallop
Member since 2004 • 3811 Posts

You Hermits are not very good listeners.

Anyway it's a lose lose situation for lemmings, because either the game will go to PC (personally I think it will not), or the lemmings will have to put up with the constant hermit " It's going to come to PC eventually" BS.

This is like the MGS4 and Halo 3 situation ( by the way where the heck is that port anyway;)) except lemming have a sliver of information that leads to MGS4 may be coming to the 360, hermits have nothing but "it's epic, and the first one went MP".

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts
I find it funny how people say this game wont come to PC because of piracy. Porting a game costs way less then developing from scratch and the game is already made. Even if it suffers from bad piracy, they can only profit from porting it to the PC. And the reality is that Epic and Mircrosoft are a part of the PC gaming alliance. Epic started on PC. Even if Epic won't port it themselves, I am confident Gears 2 will come to PC.