Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 caryslan2
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

@joebones5000 said:

They need better exclusives. Halo and gears aren't good enough.

Which is why they need to keep Elder Scrolls VI, Fallout 6(or New Vegas 2), Doom, and other Bethesda franchises all to themselves.

Force people to either buy an Xbox Series S/X or a Windows PC to play those game.

More importantly, they need to take advantage of the fact that they are sitting on top of some major gaming IPs that can used to help move hardware.

They own Rare's, Id's, and Bethesda's entire libary as well as their own franchises.

If they can take advantage of this, they could have a very strong first-party lineup. The problem is, they have never invested much in first-party and stuck to the trio of Halo, Gears, and Forza with a rare one-off 1st party title tossed in.

Now is the time to bank on the gaming franchises they own and cash in.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9123 Posts

@bluestars: can it play the same 1st party games from MS? yes... well then, no point in getting an xbox. thanks for trying though. it's cute

Greygoose12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 Greygoose12
Member since 2020 • 220 Posts

Assuming Microsoft keeps Bethesda big hits exclusive how does this play out ? Fallout 5, elderscrolls 6, starfield. Doom. Hellblade 2. Halo infinite, fable. Avowed, gears 6, new initiative ip compare to God of War ragnorock Last of us 3, miles morale, uncharted 5. New bloodhound. Racthet n clank, New real Spiderman, horizon forbidden west, next until dawn ?

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#54 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

They'll completely retake NA. I think that's enough of a win for them.

They win regardless. Gaming will only be more lucrative.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#56 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

@ogvampire said:

@rzxv04: in order to 'retake', they would have had to 'take' it in the first place. that did not happen. the only thing that happened was that they released the 360 a year ahead of the ps3, but then was quickly trounced afterward

Forgot about that. I think they whimpered out on great support later on with the 360 era.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9123 Posts

@rzxv04: i think that MS is doing what they can to appease gamers... more than Sony, for sure. however, it seems that games aren't the only thing that sells systems. Brand loyalty seems to rise to the top as long as they don't completely drop the ball

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By Fairmonkey  Online
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

I don't think Xbox will win. The new xbox is the same as the one, just more powerful. If Xbox hasn't swayed people before, I don't see how the series X will greatly change that. The exclusives just don't excite people. People talk about animal crossing or God of war 2, not Xbox being slightly more powerful or game pass

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

@greygoose12: Game Pass. Make great games, get people on game pass. Watch MS take huge markets from Sony.

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Watch_My_6
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts

Buy Sony.

Only Way

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#62 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

They could do something like super aggressive like purchase Zenimax. I dunno, just spit-balling.