How can anyone enjoy a game like Borderlands 2 with so many modders and dupers?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Trinitarian
Member since 2007 • 1407 Posts

95% of the time i play this game i join a room or some joins my room that has modded weapons and shields. Which pretty much makes the invincible and can one shot any of the hardest bosses. Next is duping, any rare weapon that is found is duped a million times and of course you can dupe money. Thus, the game could be great because you'd feel proud to work hard and get a rare weapon but that is nullified by the fact that anyone can get it by duping or even have a mod-god weapon.

Why haven't they learned the lessons from Borderlands 1 and put a stop to this? I would like this game much more if they would put some safe guards in it to prevent this type of exploitation. Any and every MMO has systems to prevent mass production of a signal item or even modded weapons. This kind of thing is so prehistoric with such simple solutions and i'm bewildered that it still exists at all.

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Play alone.
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

Simple, i play with my own friends or solo.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts
Play alone. Badosh
Poor Badosh :(
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#5 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

They can one shot things in just one shot? Wish my one-shot kills took only one shot.

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Badosh
[QUOTE="Badosh"]Play alone. freedomfreak

Am no friendsdosh
Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Trinitarian
Play alone. Badosh
game is at its best in co-op.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="Badosh"]Play alone. Badosh

Am no friendsdosh

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Trinitarian

Simple, i play with my own friends or solo.

archvile_78
solo is boring, i have my friend list full and only a handful play this game. Also, i once tried playing Borderlands 1 with just 3 other guys but thats not practical either. The times that we all can play conflicted. Besides, why should i have to work around a problem that should and could be fixed by the devs to begin with. When i bought this game i wasn't thinking that i had to work around the games short comings.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#10 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Play with Friends or Solo.

jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jeffster85
Member since 2010 • 2286 Posts
get real friends?
Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Trinitarian

Play with Friends or Solo.

LegatoSkyheart
well i already answered this question above. However, could you applied this same logic towards a MMO. "Oh just don't play with the modders" that wouldn't work. It goes the same here cause both of these games have the same appeal. It fun to get rare weapons and make trades with the whole community, not just a select number of friends. This game was not intended for just playing with your friends and having to work around modders and hackers. Thus, it should be enforced.
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
I played Borderlands 1 solo the first time, then played online and got a whole bunch of 9999999 shield and weapons. Obviously game was hacked because guy was just spitting these items out like candy. It wasn't just once either, but like OP says practically every room I would go to would have a guy with cheats. Obviously didn't take them long to do the same in Borderlands 2. I guess the ultimate solution is to just play with people you know, or play by yourself. It's pretty broken to play with randoms.
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Badosh

[QUOTE="Badosh"]Play alone. Trinitarian

Why would you link to your thread? Also, no, it's best played when not whining like a little ****

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Trinitarian
[QUOTE="2Chalupas"]I played Borderlands 1 solo the first time, then played online and got a whole bunch of 9999999 shield and weapons. Obviously game was hacked because guy was just spitting these items out like candy. It wasn't just once either, but like OP says practically every room I would go to would have a guy with cheats. Obviously didn't take them long to do the same in Borderlands 2. I guess the ultimate solution is to just play with people you know, or play by yourself. It's pretty broken to play with randoms.

well i don't know enough people to play Borderlands 2 on my own. And what if we all accepted these modders and hackers into our games and just say, "play solo or with friends" it doesnt work like that. It shouldn't work like this in a title like borderlands 2. Its a shame.
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 archvile_78

[QUOTE="2Chalupas"]I played Borderlands 1 solo the first time, then played online and got a whole bunch of 9999999 shield and weapons. Obviously game was hacked because guy was just spitting these items out like candy. It wasn't just once either, but like OP says practically every room I would go to would have a guy with cheats. Obviously didn't take them long to do the same in Borderlands 2. I guess the ultimate solution is to just play with people you know, or play by yourself. It's pretty broken to play with randoms. Trinitarian
well i don't know enough people to play Borderlands 2 on my own. And what if we all accepted these modders and hackers into our games and just say, "play solo or with friends" it doesnt work like that. It shouldn't work like this in a title like borderlands 2. Its a shame.

Even if its fixed there will ALWAYS be modders regardless. Its just too big of a problem to be completely fixed there's always gonna be a way around. It sucks yeah but there's nothing that can be done about it sadly.

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Trinitarian

[QUOTE="Trinitarian"][QUOTE="Badosh"]Play alone. Badosh

Why would you link to your thread? Also, no, it's best played when not whining like a little ****

i didnt' no idea how that happened. And not everyone is whining little **** its just most of them love to hack and mod the game cause they can't control themselves.
Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Trinitarian

[QUOTE="Trinitarian"][QUOTE="2Chalupas"]I played Borderlands 1 solo the first time, then played online and got a whole bunch of 9999999 shield and weapons. Obviously game was hacked because guy was just spitting these items out like candy. It wasn't just once either, but like OP says practically every room I would go to would have a guy with cheats. Obviously didn't take them long to do the same in Borderlands 2. I guess the ultimate solution is to just play with people you know, or play by yourself. It's pretty broken to play with randoms. archvile_78

Even if its fixed there will ALWAYS be modders regardless. Its just too big of a problem to be completely fixed there's always gonna be a way around.

They need to find them and drop the ban hammer. Problem solved.
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
Who would play Borderlands with complete strangers? Every single co-op game is best when played with friends. With strangers it's a mixed bag, you might find a really cool person but most of the time they're gonna be ragers or whiners or dumbasses etc.
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jeffster85
Member since 2010 • 2286 Posts
[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

[QUOTE="Trinitarian"]well i don't know enough people to play Borderlands 2 on my own. And what if we all accepted these modders and hackers into our games and just say, "play solo or with friends" it doesnt work like that. It shouldn't work like this in a title like borderlands 2. Its a shame. Trinitarian

Even if its fixed there will ALWAYS be modders regardless. Its just too big of a problem to be completely fixed there's always gonna be a way around.

for playing the game the way they want to? :? there's plenty of games with legitimate players. if you have a problem finding games, go through it with someone. if you don't know of anyone, ask here on gamespot...
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 archvile_78

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

[QUOTE="Trinitarian"]well i don't know enough people to play Borderlands 2 on my own. And what if we all accepted these modders and hackers into our games and just say, "play solo or with friends" it doesnt work like that. It shouldn't work like this in a title like borderlands 2. Its a shame. Trinitarian

If only it was this easy.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts
Best played with real world friedns. That said it's a very shallow, repetetive and brainless experience. So you are not missing much by simply not playing it.
Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

After dealing with this shyte on BL1 I play BL2 strictly solo.

IMO it's a matter of taste and up to the host player if they want to allow modded weapons and other forms of cheating. I am not one of those people.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I play with friends only. usually I would agree with you if this was a game like Diablo II, but BL1 and BL2 are simply not that great in the loot and build section of the game. I mean they are fun enough while playing through a couple times, but they dont have a long lasting appeal. THis was always my issue with BL and I knew BL2 would only sorta fix it. The skill trees could be SO much more inteiresting.

Loegi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Loegi
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts
[QUOTE="Badosh"]Play alone. Trinitarian

Play with friends.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

[QUOTE="Badosh"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Poor Badosh :(freedomfreak
Am no friendsdosh

Tigger... :evil:

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
:lol: at playing multiplayer games with random people. You're doing it wrong.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
Play alone. Badosh
This I enjoyed the first borderlands more on my own than with my friends.
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
Play alone or play with friends in a private lobby. I did a co-op playthrough with a friend and never had an issue with idiots like this.
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I usually just play with people I know.

Not that I would be opposed to someone killing Terramorphous with one or two shots. It would save me a lot of aggravation since it's the only thing in BL2 I've yet to beat.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#31 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

I don't get why you would play a game like this with random people on the internet. But if people want to cheat I say let them, it's not like it's a competitive game or anything.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Meh, I just play with my friends.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Play with your friends?
doomsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 doomsteel
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

You and me both

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
This reminds me of 09 when the original game came out. I did like 400h in this game grinding chests like a no life then left not because i was bored of the game (even tho there was nothing left to do for hundred of hours) but because of 9/10 people using modded trash. I skipped the whole Borderlands 2 and pray Borderlands 3 and Destiny doesn't have this shit, if they do, im skipping both. The whole point of these games is to find these amazing weapons then some1 joins with an smg that kills a boss in 5sec instead of 5 minutes with his modded crap and makes your stuff look pointless.
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

Any and every MMO has systems to prevent mass production of a signal item or even modded weapons. This kind of thing is so prehistoric with such simple solutions and i'm bewildered that it still exists at all.

Trinitarian

Because MMO's run on company servers and character and item information is stored on their servers. Its very easy to detect duplicated items because they'll have mtaching signatures.

Character and item information is stored on each person's system.... How are they going to compare items of each and every single person, especially the ones that aren't online at the moment?

The "simple solution" would be to have servers either host the data or forever compare every item to each other from non-centralized locations (ha!). And then theres issue of how to handle it - do you make it always online? Or unplayable when the servers go down? How do they manage the costs of these servers? more DLC? Subscription? "Premium" for-cost services?

All this so that *you* dont have to deal with modders and dupers, when a perfectly good alternative already exists?

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

Only way to stop it is with server side games saves. But that means you gotta pay for servers so nobody does it.

Hopefully on the X1 with the avilability of dedicated servers this kind of stuff will be a thing of the past as I agree game save editing and duping ruin every loot/leveling based multiplayer experience.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Don't play with randoms. The same applies to pretty much any co op game

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Get some friends

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Just play with your friends. There is a reason I don't play co-op games with people I don't know. Most don't appreciate content and just take the path of least resistance for everything.

This is why I'm kind of skeptical about this push for co-op in so many games. Playing co-op relies on other people and playing with random players is usually a negative experiance.

gundamalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: -4

#41 gundamalt
Member since 2013 • 52 Posts
boobs yaaa
gundamalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points