Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@howmakewood said:

Pablo basically riled up the goons at neogaf(the shit hole that it is these days after the resetera split), basically trumpers and other nutjobs left.

GAF isn't at all bad these days honestly, and is in fact much better after the enema that led to the creation of ResetERA, where the true nutjobs are. It leans more conservative than to my liking so I stay out of the political forums, but it's a decent board otherwise. At least you can speak your mind there within reason.

OP, avoid ERA at all costs if you're a freethinker who holds actual opinions and wishes to defend them. For gaming info and industry scoop it's a decent place, but even then they can't help themselves. John (from Digital Foundry) just left the site as he posted one of his videos (discussing Ion Fury), and some self-righteous crusading ****head couldn't help but go after him, derailing the thread because he committed the unforgivable sin of failing to preface his video about "transphobic" and "homophobic" content and a few statements made by the developers. The website is filled to the brim with idiots and overflowing with outrage culture at every seam.

As for GS, this is a cool place with a small intimate community, which I like. It's chill here.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I don't do forums much. Among those I have used, I'd say this one is fairly high in activity and diverse in its personalities, in its own weird way. IMO the worst part is that most of the "new" members are ban dodges. Get the occasional nutjob, but that doesn't add much either except a few chuckles before they go overboard.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@i_p_daily said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

@onesiphorus: I don't even know what IP is talking about. He still hasn't answered my reply to him in another thread. There are certain people in this forum that are bitter for whatever reason. At the end of the day, no point in wasting time talking to them.

What thread is this? as i'm running game in so many of them its hard to keep up lol.

Nah it has nothing to be with being bitter (except maybe on your end) you just don't take criticism well (a well known cow trait I might add) so you tend to ignore most people who do criticise you in your threads. Maybe we all should not waste our time posting in your threads, which is not a bad idea.

And most of your threads are crappy anyway, like you trying to shill MGS, or trying to reassure yourself that you chose the right console with your which console is better threads.

Occasionally you will make a half decent one but even casual4ever does that. But hey feel free to ignore my post as I don't want you wasting any of your precious time on me LOL.

That's great that you don't like my threads..it's really not about you. I come here to talk about games and luckily there are people here who enjoy that too. You made a point about me not answering threads, yet you can't even remember the thread I responded to you in. Like I said, at the end of the day, no point in wasting time with people who just want to troll.

Ah yes I mean its not like you ever troll in any of your threads, titles etc. Oh and if people criticise you they are "trolling" and not worth your time lol.

I imagine you sit next to your threads with a box of tissues on hand :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@onesiphorus: That sounds horrible, but i'd imagine that a few here would have their thread posting abilities nuked lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38812 Posts

@i_p_daily: Stop ending your sentences with a smiley face. I do that. Unless i become i lemming with the sexbox, i forbid you from using my branding. 😊

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

It's dead. But that's okay.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ec561f06de43
deactivated-5ec561f06de43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-5ec561f06de43
Member since 2020 • 111 Posts

@Macutchi said:

since cup disappeared the number of new threads has plummeted. if ghosts goes too we're fucked

Is that a catch 22?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hardwenzen: What :) are :) you :) talking :) about :) ??? :)

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46231 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@onesiphorus said:
@i_p_daily said:

Don't forget unsolid basic he has like 10 threads on the main page, and he ignores 95% of the people who post in his threads. Why even make a thread if you're not going to contribute in it.

It was interesting that when I was a member of the NeoGAF forum, I was downgraded from my "Member" status to "Junior Member" because I broke an unwritten rule the forum had for not responding to users soon. I read the forum rules and nowhere are users punished for failing to repond to users. Because of that downgrade of user status (I can longer post threads, but still post replies) and the unwritten rule (one of many like banning users for criticizing Sony), I never posted at NeoGAF again.

Fortunately, the GameSpot forums do not have hidden rules that get users banned.

Wow that's fuckedup. Nothing good ever came out from Gaf. Nothing else but gifs.

Yeah I only recently dived into reddit communities, never used neogaf.

That rule is whack. I sometimes make a thread and can't or won't go back for days, lol. Just let the thread live its own live and people can and will keep it alive if it's interesting enough.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#60  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Whatever you do I would avoid era, gb and reddit. Era has a team of radical moderators and offers no safe place for discussion, which is typically what talking about video games is. No matter how careful you are posting there, they will try and find a way to ban you and they get very creative with it. Also seen a lot of harassment there by abusing the rules. Reddit is basically on a turning point to eliminate discussions too. It's going to turn into an era2 not too long from now. GB is a bit of a minefield too. They will twist the news and if you ever correct them or mention it they will ban you.

I would actually look into smaller communities and use multiples. I don't know what's left of Neogaf but it might be that they did away with their old moderators after their split, so maybe they can talk more freely now. I see multiple people there saying they feel treated like an actual person at Gaf which is something you cannot say for those other places.

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Nude_Dude
Member since 2007 • 5530 Posts

Logged back to see what's up and good god it is indeed a graveyard. Off topic is dead, Games discussion is dead, there's topics in this page from yesterday. I guess the age of forums is done.

Resetera IMO is the only place worth visiting nowadays, they've (mostly) successfully filtered out the entitled manchildren gamers who complain about political agendas and whatnot. Like the one bitching about "SJWS!!!" in this very topic.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Yep era is straight up trash, unless you're a mindless npc that only spouts what's been scripted for you. I've even seen their regulars get banned for saying the wrong thing.

Pure alt left extremists who are full of hatred, racism and intolerance, much like the alt right on the other end of the extreme. Avoid at all costs.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10434 Posts

@jangles said:
@Macutchi said:

since cup disappeared the number of new threads has plummeted. if ghosts goes too we're fucked

Is that a catch 22?

yeah i see where you're coming from.

without ghost the forum dies, with ghost we have to suffer his uncanny ability to make slightly different variations of the same thread praising doom, stalker, mafia, hl2 and calling everything else trash, which in turn kills us all a little inside every time we open them. sophie's choice. death by a thousand threads.

what happened to your account mate? can't a mod restore it for you?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45094 Posts
@i_p_daily said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@i_p_daily said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

@onesiphorus: I don't even know what IP is talking about. He still hasn't answered my reply to him in another thread. There are certain people in this forum that are bitter for whatever reason. At the end of the day, no point in wasting time talking to them.

What thread is this? as i'm running game in so many of them its hard to keep up lol.

Nah it has nothing to be with being bitter (except maybe on your end) you just don't take criticism well (a well known cow trait I might add) so you tend to ignore most people who do criticise you in your threads. Maybe we all should not waste our time posting in your threads, which is not a bad idea.

And most of your threads are crappy anyway, like you trying to shill MGS, or trying to reassure yourself that you chose the right console with your which console is better threads.

Occasionally you will make a half decent one but even casual4ever does that. But hey feel free to ignore my post as I don't want you wasting any of your precious time on me LOL.

That's great that you don't like my threads..it's really not about you. I come here to talk about games and luckily there are people here who enjoy that too. You made a point about me not answering threads, yet you can't even remember the thread I responded to you in. Like I said, at the end of the day, no point in wasting time with people who just want to troll.

Ah yes I mean its not like you ever troll in any of your threads, titles etc. Oh and if people criticise you they are "trolling" and not worth your time lol.

Last time I checked, there is only one I_Cry_Daily and that's you. You go around complaining about people in other people's threads all the time. And then you say other people write crap threads and are repetitive, yet you do the same attack shtick all the time. And you joke that you live in other people's heads, when it's the other way around. You're obsessed with us. And then you say people can't take criticism. You got called out in another thread for going off topic and attacking someone, and you didn't say anything about it, and you're just doing it again.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

Nothing even resembling it's hay day back in the mid to late 2000's.

I've been coming to GS for gaming news for a long time before happening upon the SW forum and reading an exchange where somebody was bragging about their ownage saying... I love the smell of burnt Bovine in the morning. lolol Well with that I joined the madness. :P

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#66 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Man.., I remember when this forum (System Wars specifically) & IGN's "Teh Vestibule" were the funniest forums on the net. All the way back during the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox days ---> Xbox360/Wii/PS3 days. I remember when you could start a thread here, and within 2 mins, your thread would be on page 2 or 3. It was hella active & hilarious.

I miss those days...

Ever since the forum redesign, everyone left. This place is a shell of it's former self. If any of you got to experience this place back in the day, you are truly fortunate. During the golden Age of the internet, this was once one of the best places to be.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 remiks00

Enter my time machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070831033402/http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_topics.php?board_id=314159282

Brings back memories lol.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#68 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@Nude_Dude said:

Logged back to see what's up and good god it is indeed a graveyard. Off topic is dead, Games discussion is dead, there's topics in this page from yesterday. I guess the age of forums is done.

Resetera IMO is the only place worth visiting nowadays, they've (mostly) successfully filtered out the entitled manchildren gamers who complain about political agendas and whatnot. Like the one bitching about "SJWS!!!" in this very topic.

It's not the only place worth visiting, but ResetEra is definitely the most informative gaming forum out there. That's where you get the latest gaming news and insider leaks, and where many of the most knowledgable gamers and industry professionals tend to hang out. It's way superior to NeoGAF and other gaming forums in that regard. The only other gaming forums that come anywhere close are GameFAQs and Reddit.

However, as several posters have noted (including myself), ResetEra is pretty strict (got a few warnings myself). But that strictness may be necessary. A big reason why Era is the biggest gaming forum is because that's where most industry professionals hang out. After the GAF-Era split, most industry pros left GAF (which became more right-leaning) and moved to the left-leaning Era. Because most of the game industry is left-leaning and has a diverse workforce. If the site begins tolerating hard-right views (e.g. alt-right, pro-Trump, anti-SJW, anti-diversity), then it's going to drive away most industry pros and the site may lose relevance, like what happened to GAF.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Jag85

@ConanTheStoner@davillain-: I guess I'll just ask about the Chaz-Pablo situation at the lounge then.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Macutchi

@remiks00 said:

Enter my time machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070831033402/http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_topics.php?board_id=314159282

just reading through and seeing user levels and the different names for them brings back memories. levelling up only for some self important little hitler mod to knock you back down... good times lol

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45094 Posts

@Macutchi said:
@remiks00 said:

Enter my time machine:

just reading through and seeing user levels and the different names for them brings back memories. levelling up only for some self important little hitler mod to knock you back down... good times lol

Wow, that does bring back memories. Whatever happened to CaseyWegner? Also - Anyone remember the Lithium forums? Those predate the forums in the link.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#72 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24914 Posts

@Macutchi said:
@jangles said:
@Macutchi said:

Is that a catch 22?

without ghost the forum dies, with ghost we have to suffer his uncanny ability to make slightly different variations of the same thread praising doom, stalker, mafia, hl2 and calling everything else trash, which in turn kills us all a little inside every time we open them. sophie's choice. death by a thousand threads.

so in other news, people dislike my threads but wont survive here without me?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@Jag85 said:

However, as several posters have noted (including myself), ResetEra is pretty strict (got a few warnings myself). But that strictness may be necessary. A big reason why Era is the biggest gaming forum is because that's where most industry professionals hang out. After the GAF-Era split, most industry pros left GAF (which became more right-leaning) and moved to the left-leaning Era. Because most of the game industry is left-leaning and has a diverse workforce. If the site begins tolerating hard-right views (e.g. alt-right, pro-Trump, anti-SJW, anti-diversity), then it's going to drive away most industry pros and the site may lose relevance, like what happened to GAF.

Era isn't left leaning, it's a extreme far-left cult. I'm left leaning and that place scares the shit out of me sometimes. Era will lead you to believe ALL white people are racist for example. No exceptions. And their mod team is beyond ridiculous. Remember that Jussie Smollette stuff? Dozens were banned on Era for questioning Jussies's story because "we must believe all victims." Once the truth came out, Era mods brushed everything under the rug and acted like none of it happened. A recent thread was closed after users flagged the OP for fat shaming Donald Trump. The issue? People on that board wish Trump death multiple times a day. Era HATES Trump with a passion. But Peolsi calling Trump "morbidly obese" set Era off and they claimed that crossed the line...

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

No, we'd all do just fine. You're a walking pop up ad run by a bot.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#75 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

this is a great forum, but you will have to pick a side

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Macutchi

@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:
@jangles said:
@Macutchi said:

Is that a catch 22?

i'm just joking pal. people like you and cup are keeping this place alive

Avatar image for deactivated-5ec561f06de43
deactivated-5ec561f06de43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-5ec561f06de43
Member since 2020 • 111 Posts

@Macutchi said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:
@jangles said:
@Macutchi said:

Is that a catch 22?

i'm just joking pal. people like you and cup are keeping this place alive

Yeah I think people kind of joke about it like "Oh another Ghost thread, oh gee" but honestly they're fun (if not predictable). Plus @ghosts4ever you manage to stay positive which is a rare and good quality.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#78  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24914 Posts

@jangles said:
Plus @ghosts4ever you manage to stay positive which is a rare and good quality.

thanks my friend, I believe insulting and name calling other users doesnot make anyone cool.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Gifford38  Online
Member since 2020 • 7148 Posts

don't talk about the ssd in the ps5 and you be fine here. these people will go down your throat if you do.

they do love teraflop talk though.

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Nude_Dude

@Jag85: Gamefaqs and reddit vary a lot depending on what community you're in. Each game has its own hub but oftentimes (especially on gamefaqs) it's hard to discuss any old games with more than a handful people who care. Large GF / reddit communities are always trash.

Neogaf went down the shitter after its owner was exposed as a sexual predator, and all the industry insiders saw the writing on the wall and left for resetera (which should be called the actual modern day neogaf). Neogaf's owner went full trumptard and now that place is nothing but an irrelevant den of trumpers and general altright pricks, devoid of everything that made the original neogaf great.

As for resetera... those of you who keep bitching about made-up crap like the 'alt left' and whining how the site doesn't conform to your beliefs, you are free to go away and not check it... oh wait, you already do so for the up-to-date news and industry scoops... suck it up.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Jag85
@goldenelementxl said:
@Jag85 said:

Era isn't left leaning, it's a extreme far-left cult. I'm left leaning and that place scares the shit out of me sometimes. Era will lead you to believe ALL white people are racist for example. No exceptions. And their mod team is beyond ridiculous. Remember that Jussie Smollette stuff? Dozens were banned on Era for questioning Jussies's story because "we must believe all victims." Once the truth came out, Era mods brushed everything under the rug and acted like none of it happened. A recent thread was closed after users flagged the OP for fat shaming Donald Trump. The issue? People on that board wish Trump death multiple times a day. Era HATES Trump with a passion. But Peolsi calling Trump "morbidly obese" set Era off and they claimed that crossed the line...

It's not exactly "far left", which would be things like communism or Marxism. I'd say Era is more hard-left (a.k.a. "PC" or "SJW"), while GAF is more hard-right to far-right. You could always just stay away from political discussions on Era and stick to the gaming discussions, where it's otherwise a very informative place. It's a catch-22. Era is the most informative gaming forum, but that comes at the expense of heavy moderation. Still, it's way more preferable to NewGAF, which has been hijacked by reactionary misogynists and white-nationalists, and isn't very informative when it comes to actual gaming discussions either.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#82  Edited By Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@Macutchi said:
@remiks00 said:

Enter my time machine:

Wow, that does bring back memories. Whatever happened to CaseyWegner? Also - Anyone remember the Lithium forums? Those predate the forums in the link.

@SolidGame_basic

CaseyWegner....I haven't heard that name in a long time...a long long time.

If I remember correctly, He actually left during the peak of GS forums popularity. Something about not having enough time to properly monitor the forum because of his Job and Family.

Back in the day, that's something that happened every now and then. Forum members/mods would make posts saying goodbye; stating that they could no longer give the forum the adequate attention it deserved. Those were sad posts, as people really got to know one another and it was sad to see people go completely...or barely at all.

I bet if you browse that archive you might find Casey's goodbye post.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@Star67: I thought he was banned, kept fighting with staff.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

@gifford38:

Real emotions over a SSD

Priceless

HAH

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I think this place is great. Sure, not as great as it once was but the heart of this place is still here so this is the only place I go for game discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@goldenelementxl said:

It's not exactly "far left", which would be things like communism or Marxism. I'd say Era is more hard-left (a.k.a. "PC" or "SJW"), while GAF is more hard-right to far-right. You could always just stay away from political discussions on Era and stick to the gaming discussions, where it's otherwise a very informative place. It's a catch-22. Era is the most informative gaming forum, but that comes at the expense of heavy moderation. Still, it's way more preferable to NewGAF, which has been hijacked by reactionary misogynists and white-nationalists, and isn't very informative when it comes to actual gaming discussions either.

No, it's very far left. I've seen threads where they openly talk about killing police officers and support terrorist groups like antifa. They'd love nothing more to get rid of capitalism and move to chaos.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Jag85

@briguyb13 said:
@Jag85 said:
@goldenelementxl said:

No, it's very far left. I've seen threads where they openly talk about killing police officers and support terrorist groups like antifa. They'd love nothing more to get rid of capitalism and move to chaos.

I don't hang out on Era much, but I've personally never come across any Era threads calling for cops to be killed (pretty sure users could get banned for that). As for Antifa, it's not a "group", but it's an idea which means "anti-fascist". Any group that opposes fascism is technically "Antifa". Hence why the GOP's attempts at designating Antifa as a "terrorist group" failed.

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Nude_Dude

@briguyb13 said:
@Jag85 said:
@goldenelementxl said:

What's this mccarthy-ass obsession with 'far left' boogeymen? If them standing up for social issues upsets you, just come out and say it.

Also need receipts for that "literally kill police officers" post, plus "terrorist group antifa"... antifa isn't even a group, much less a terrorist one. If people being against fascism upsets you, again, just come out and say it.

My guy at this point you're spouting crap straight from trump's mouth, just drop the mask already.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@Nude_Dude said:
*snip*

Someone took offense lol.

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Nude_Dude

@lundy86_4 said:
@Nude_Dude said:
*snip*

Someone took offense lol.

my tolerance of trumpers is low is all, can't help it.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By lundy86_4

@Nude_Dude said:

Then you may wish to grow a backbone. It's a sad sight watching people trigger so easily.

Regardless, this is System Wars, so I won't delve deeper. Have a good night.

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Nude_Dude

@lundy86_4 said:
@Nude_Dude said:

Then you may wish to grow a backbone. It's a sad sight watching people trigger so easily.

Regardless, this is System Wars, so I won't delve deeper. Have a good night.

There's nothing triggered about my response, but you sound rather dense so no surprise you didn't catch my mood.

Now I don't see you getting flustered over the other guy bringing up resetera in this unrelated thread, but my post flustered you. You're awfully transparent.

Edit: lmfao says 'grow a backbone' while running out of the thread ... all you cowards are only good at projecting, aren't you? Good talk.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 lundy86_4

@Nude_Dude said:

There's nothing triggered about my response, but you sound rather dense so no surprise you didn't catch my mood.

Now I don't see you getting flustered over the other guy bringing up resetera in this unrelated thread, but my post flustered you. You're awfully transparent.

Edit: lmfao says 'grow a backbone' while running out of the thread ... all you cowards are only good at projecting, aren't you? Good talk.

Like I said, have a good night 😊

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Nude_Dude

Later snowflake

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By remiks00

@Star67 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@Macutchi said:
@remiks00 said:

Enter my time machine:

@SolidGame_basic

CaseyWegner....I haven't heard that name in a long time...a long long time.

If I remember correctly, He actually left during the peak of GS forums popularity. Something about not having enough time to properly monitor the forum because of his Job and Family.

Back in the day, that's something that happened every now and then. Forum members/mods would make posts saying goodbye; stating that they could no longer give the forum the adequate attention it deserved. Those were sad posts, as people really got to know one another and it was sad to see people go completely...or barely at all.

I bet if you browse that archive you might find Casey's goodbye post.

@SolidGame_basic@MacutchiYeah bro's, hella memories lol. Haven't seen those names in forever

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38812 Posts

I remember joining SW when Heavenly Sword was coming out. Lemmings were getting absolutely trashed by that game's graphics.

It always amazes me how politics trigger so many people. I must be one of the only ones that gives zero fucks of what's happening politics wise. I would gladly trade your Trump for our brain damaged Justin Trudeau.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#98 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26095 Posts

This forum is sadly a lot less active than it used to be, it's mostly just SW or Politics here.

Forums in general are mostly dead, outside of a few holdovers like Resetera.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@SolidGame_basic said:
@i_p_daily said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@i_p_daily said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Last time I checked, there is only one I_Cry_Daily and that's you. You go around complaining about people in other people's threads all the time. And then you say other people write crap threads and are repetitive, yet you do the same attack shtick all the time. And you joke that you live in other people's heads, when it's the other way around. You're obsessed with us. And then you say people can't take criticism. You got called out in another thread for going off topic and attacking someone, and you didn't say anything about it, and you're just doing it again.

Looks like I struck a nerve lol, and I do live in the mind of others, and you just can't take any criticism for your mostly shitty threads, and there are others who are starting to see it also, and you call me I cry daily when its you who's doing the crying :)

I make fun of people like I am now, its SW after all, not my fault there are people such as yourself who take this shit seriously, like its a personal attack.

If you don't want criticism then I suggest make better threads.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@remiks00 said:

Enter my time machine:

Damn, dude.

I clicked that link for a quick look and a laugh. But that gold and black colour scheme... the threads with the "fire" symbols for activity... the date of August 30th 2007, the week before I started college.... that actually got me emotional haha. How sad is that, getting gooey nostalgic for "Lair is a flop!!!" threads? I'm gonna blame the pandemic for making me more vulnerable :P

Goddamn, I will never understand why GS had to "redesign" their forums repeatedly and brokenly. 2007 Gamespot looks (and functioned!) better than 2020 Gamespot.