Horizon: Zero Dawn Coming To PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

I don't see why cows are making a big deal it should be great for them since after all they have gaming PCs to play Xbox games now they don't need a Playstation to play Playstation games either.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#252 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

Can you be more annoying?

come on. it looks like childish game like one nintendo been making.

I rather want resistance 3 on PC. or if 4th game coming. but thats it. nothing on console matters to me.

The answer is yes. You could be more annoying.

Please explain to me what makes Dreams childish.

If this is not childish and kiddy. what else it is?

on other hand stuff like Doom Eternal and Cyberpunk looks like made for men. especially how badass Doom Eternal sound.

...I think I might have to strangle you...

OOoooh can I help?

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#253  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@KillzoneSnake: Well if they start bringing the single player exclusives I'll pass on the PS5 and just build a gaming PC. No reason to pay online fees and be limited to hardware anymore. I was a pretty hardcore PS fan so if I'm willing to switch I expect many to do the same.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@r-gamer said:

@zaryia: Haha you are beggar peasant.

Beggar Peasant? PC has 120 more high scoring games than PS4 this gen (MC/GS). Almost every single title on PS4 is significantly better played on PC (DF).

Last I checked the far more expensive item that is far superior doesn't typically constitute as "beggar" or "peasant" by any stretch of the definition. What dictionary are you using?

Imagine a Civic owner calling a Ferrari owner a "beggar peasant"!

@r-gamer said:

outside of China.

Fake.

That's a arbitrary classifier you made up on the spot. China counts. PC has several times the gaming and hardware revenue than any other one system. It is the most invested in system with the most devs and multiplats going to it. Also, I'm pretty sure it's big in other Asian, EU, and South America countries.

First place at SW is first place at SW. Nothing you can really do about it heh.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By R-Gamer

@zaryia: You beg for games peasant... I don't blame you if I had to rely in that indie trash I would to. And comparing your PC to a Ferrari? Lol I love that a $1500 box hooked up to a what? $500 dollar monitor?

As I said peasant! And In less then a year you will need to upgrade again because you will be getting beat by a prebuilt box. Also please link your claim about the 120 more high scoring games. You constantly make that claim with no evidence. Burden of proof as you say right?

It's the reason the PC gets stomped in every region outside of China and Korea. The PC platform did so well worldwide because consoles were banned up until a few years ago. And even now China puts limitations on what games are allowed. And the PC is made up of dozens of hardware companies. You have come up with an imaginary entity as if the dozens of competing companies that compete on a open platform are all on the same team. Meanwhile maybe you can hope for some world class exclusives as opposed to what some dweeb game journalists gave a good score to on gamespot.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By Zaryia

@r-gamer said:

peasant..

Lol I love that a $1500 box hooked up to a what? $500 dollar monitor?

You called me a peasant 3 times now, but then laughed at how I spent $2000 and will spend $1000s more on the 1st place SW system.

These remarks contradict each other. I highly suggest you consult a dictionary.

@r-gamer said:

It's the reason the PC gets stomped in every region outside of China and Korea.

That's an arbitrary qualifier you randomly made up on the spot. A rule that I do not see in any sticky.

PS4 gets stomped by PC, the 1st place SW system. PC is the most popular and biggest gaming system of the 3, with the most players, revenue, games, and esports. By significant margins. These facts can not be challenged.

@r-gamer said:

Meanwhile maybe you can hope for some world class exclusives as opposed to what some dweeb game journalists gave a good score to on gamespot.

PC, the 1st place SW system has the most high scoring games this gen at both MC and GS by over 100 titles than PS4, over 200 for others. It's plays the significantly superior version of over 90% of games this gen, while also having the most AAA and AA titles due to console exclusives and exclusive genres.

PC is first place at System Wars. No matter what you say.

@r-gamer said:

. Also please link your claim about the 120 more high scoring games. You constantly make that claim with no evidence. Burden of proof as you say right?

I did a count and provided the list to your alt Blackhairedhero who was banned for racism shortly after. Giovela, the biggest PC hater at this site (who plays most games on PC, mind you) also confirmed the list. My links are gamespot.com and metacritic.com

Use the search of those 2 links. Count the games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
Member since 2019 • 1049 Posts

Cool. Too bad I have no interest in Sonys first party games

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@zaryia: You're analogy of a Ferrari and Civic... imagine there was software developed exclusively for the Civic that Ferrari owners begged for, for their car. That's kinda how the PC/console thing is now. I haven't heard many console owners beg for many or any PC exclusives to come to their console. PC elitist foam at the mouth when they hear about a good console exclusive coming to PC. Sure, for a price, its gonna play better on a higher end PC. It's also gonna play worse on a low end PC(which the vast majority of PC owners have).

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#260 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69456 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: You wish. I am just enjoying the several meltdowns from the dilution of exclusives.😁

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By Zaryia

@joshrmeyer said:

@zaryia: You're analogy of a Ferrari and Civic... imagine there was software developed exclusively for the Civic that Ferrari owners begged for, for their car. That's kinda how the PC/console thing is now. I haven't heard many console owners beg for many or any PC exclusives to come to their console. PC elitist foam at the mouth when they hear about a good console exclusive coming to PC. Sure, for a price, its gonna play better on a higher end PC. It's also gonna play worse on a low end PC(which the vast majority of PC owners have).

Perhaps all that "begging" is why we get the most games from the most developers with the best versions, and have a 100 to 200 game (high scoring only) surplus over any other system just this gen alone?

Just a thought. Kind of sad when a consumer getting the best of the market gets called a beggar. Gamers seem to be one of their own worst enemies, sigh. "OMG You guys got all the cool stuff! YOU SUCK!"

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 JoshRMeyer

@zaryia: I'm not calling you a beggar. But ya gotta admit it's funny how big of a deal it seems when a console game gets ported to PC. I know what you're saying is true though. No arguing there.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 Zaryia

@joshrmeyer said:

@zaryia: I'm not calling you a beggar. But ya gotta admit it's funny how big of a deal it seems when a console game gets ported to PC. I know what you're saying is true though. No arguing there.

If it was going to XB1 there would be 3 more threads on it and even nastier battles.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By JoshRMeyer

@zaryia: Well that's direct competition so yeah, that'd be huge news.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@r-gamer said:

@fedor: Sure plenty of people have no interest in PC gaming. But they're also many PC gamers that also own Playstations. Then there is the group that are open to PC gaming but stick with Playstation because the multiplats are good enough and the exclusives are great.

Is it worth losing all of the first group and some of the second group to get some extra sales on a multiplat? I doubt they will release their games day 1 on PC ( that would be the dumbest thing they could do.) But even releasing it a year later is still an awful idea that would bring their platform to irrelevance. I don't know what their strategy is. But for all those that think Sony should be putting exclusives on the PC that may be great for PC gaming but as I said before it makes the PS brand worthless.

Who cares about the PS brand? We want more games. If they make more money from this move, then how on earth is it a bad thing? More money = more games. You should be happy about this as well. Why do you have some weird fetish about a plastic box with a symbol on it?

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

@Pedro said:

@BenjaminBanklin: You wish. I am just enjoying the several meltdowns from the dilution of exclusives.😁

I'm not having a meltdown. It's great it's on PC. You've gone wholesale insane, delusional even.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

I'm not having a meltdown. It's great it's on PC. You've gone wholesale insane, delusional even.

Yes you are. Its so bad you are now pretending to be a PC gamer.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56092 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@r-gamer said:

@fedor: Sure plenty of people have no interest in PC gaming. But they're also many PC gamers that also own Playstations. Then there is the group that are open to PC gaming but stick with Playstation because the multiplats are good enough and the exclusives are great.

Is it worth losing all of the first group and some of the second group to get some extra sales on a multiplat? I doubt they will release their games day 1 on PC ( that would be the dumbest thing they could do.) But even releasing it a year later is still an awful idea that would bring their platform to irrelevance. I don't know what their strategy is. But for all those that think Sony should be putting exclusives on the PC that may be great for PC gaming but as I said before it makes the PS brand worthless.

Who cares about the PS brand? We want more games. If they make more money from this move, then how on earth is it a bad thing? More money = more games. You should be happy about this as well. Why do you have some weird fetish about a plastic box with a symbol on it?

Funny enough, I really don't care about Sony brand anymore as of now (even though PS4 has been alright for me) which is sad, because I been with Sony since PSX and their recent attitude is bad enough I won't bother with PS5 for a very long time before I'll buy it. The fact PC is becoming more and more popular, especially in China, Sony would be fools to not support PC if they want more money that is.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By R-Gamer

@DragonfireXZ95: They wouldn't make more money from this move if the brand becomes irrelevant. Are EA and Activision worth more then Sony??? No not even close. The two best publishers in the industry are Sony and Nintendo and its because they focus on their own products.. you think that's a coincidence? Doubtful!

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By R-Gamer

@zaryia:

Last time I checked the PS4 alone beat the PC in 90+ games. So it looks like the PS4 wins actually.

Post proof are stop making the claim. One second you say its 100 more then the next post its 200 more?? And for some reason I'm a racist now??? Wtf are you talking about?

PS4 beats the PC in 90+ games perhaps if you beg for some exclusive you can enjoy some real games and you don't have to rely on the trash from China!

And yes most PC gamers are peasants. Very few are on the cutting edge of PC technology and the displays most of them game on are garbage. Your setup cost less then mine so yes compared to me you are in fact a peasant. That PC elitist shit doesn't work when you game on a $500 or less monitor.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By Zaryia

@r-gamer said:

You said 100 or 200 high scoring games? So which is?

Last time I posted the list it was ~120. That was a year ago. That's vs PS4.

It's obviously much higher vs the other 2 systems, that was what the 200 is for. You're going to have to go through my history or the forums, it's there. Giovela even confirmed it. Or just go two the 2 links I gave.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 R-Gamer

@davillain-: What recent attitude turned you off from them?

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By R-Gamer

@zaryia: You just linked to the websites lmao! You made the claim I don't know who Giovella is. You made the claim so prove it. The PS4 beats the PC in 90+ games. So wtf are you talking about?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 DragonfireXZ95

@r-gamer said:

@DragonfireXZ95: They wouldn't make more money from this move if the brand becomes irrelevant. Are EA and Activision worth more then Sony??? No not even close. The two best publishers in the industry are Sony and Nintendo and its because they focus on their own products.. you think that's a coincidence? Doubtful!

You kidding? Sony has a huge movie and music studio as well. Saying Sony is worth more than others simply because of gaming is a complete lie.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275  Edited By R-Gamer

@DragonfireXZ95: I'm just talking about gaming revenue.

https://largest.org/entertainment/video-game-companies/

Sonys gaming division alone stomps EA and Activision and pretty much everyone. They beat EA, Activision and Ubisoft combined. And yes that's just gaming... so again tell me how it's a good move to follow in their footsteps?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By Zaryia

@r-gamer said:

@zaryia: You just linked to the websites lmao! You made the claim I don't know who Giovella is. You made the claim so prove it. The PS4 beats the PC in 90+ games. So wtf are you talking about?

PC has ~120 more high scoring games (AAA+AA) than PS4 at MC.

PS4: ~432

https://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/ps4/filtered?year_selected=2020&sort=desc

PC: ~550

https://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/pc/filtered?year_selected=2020&sort=desc

PC has ~129 more high scoring games (AAA+AA) than PS4 at GS.

PS4: ~283

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/?review_filter_type%5Bplatform%5D=120&review_filter_type%5Bgenre%5D=&review_filter_type%5BtimeFrame%5D=4&review_filter_type%5BstartDate%5D=11/15/2013&review_filter_type%5BendDate%5D=01/18/2020&review_filter_type%5BminRating%5D=8&review_filter_type%5Btheme%5D=&review_filter_type%5Bregion%5D=&review_filter_type%5Bletter%5D=&sort=date&page=3

PC: ~412

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/?review_filter_type%5Bplatform%5D=19&review_filter_type%5Bgenre%5D=&review_filter_type%5BtimeFrame%5D=4&review_filter_type%5BstartDate%5D=11/15/2012&review_filter_type%5BendDate%5D=1/18/2020&review_filter_type%5BminRating%5D=8&review_filter_type%5Btheme%5D=&review_filter_type%5Bregion%5D=&review_filter_type%5Bletter%5D=&sort=date&page=20

These lists are also not counting emulation or streaming. On top of that, PC played the significantly better version of, and had the most, AAA/AA (budget) titles. God have mercy on the eyes of who did not experience 8 years of those visuals on most titles.

PC is first place at SW for this gen.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By DragonfireXZ95

@r-gamer said:

@DragonfireXZ95: I'm just talking about gaming revenue.

https://largest.org/entertainment/video-game-companies/

Sonys gaming division alone stomps EA and Activision and pretty much everyone. They beat EA, Activision and Ubisoft combined. And yes that's just gaming... so again tell me how it's a good move to follow in their footsteps?

Nope. That site is listing total revenue.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/04/26/playstation-sales-fiscal-year-2018-21-billion-in-revenue/

"According to Critical Hit, the company managed to rake in a profit of over $8 billion during its 2018 fiscal year, with the gaming division contributing $2.81 billion in profits alone."

This source says otherwise.

"Firstly, as I said above, Sony has had their best financial year to date with the company pulling in their highest operating profit ($8.06B) and net profit ($8.26B) in their history with the PlayStation being the largest contributing factor to that amount by 34.8%, making $2.81B alone in profits."

You are wrong.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56092 Posts

@r-gamer: Censoring games, (mainly Anime girls) is part of the problem. I think it's really pathetic that Sony are doing this when even Nintendo doesn't care about a lot of that stuff. I'm ware they are protecting their fanbase but still no excuse. Now don't get me wrong, Sony has put out really great exclusive games this gen has to offer, if Sony's going to continue this attitude, I simply won't bother with them but that doesn't mean I won't ever buy PS5. I'll get it but not on launch until it builds up exclusive games worth buying.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By R-Gamer

@DragonfireXZ95: No I'm right. Read the links.

Sony's total revenue as a company was 78 billion.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tweaktown.com/news/65714/playstation-drives-sonys-78-billion-earnings-2018/amp.html

So yes my link was talking about total revenue of just the gaming division. The 2.81 billion was just the profit from the gaming division.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By R-Gamer

@zaryia: Errr yea that link doesn't say that. The PS4 had more 9+ games then the PC.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 DragonfireXZ95

@r-gamer said:

@DragonfireXZ95: No I'm right. Read the links.

Sony's total revenue as a company was 78 billion.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tweaktown.com/news/65714/playstation-drives-sonys-78-billion-earnings-2018/amp.html

So yes my link was talking about total revenue of just the gaming division. The 2.81 billion was just the profit from the gaming division.

Oh yeah, you're right, but it says their software sales have climbed while hardware sales declined.

"hardware sales revenue was down 10.6% in FY2018, and games like Spider-Man and God of War, and services like PlayStation Now helped offset the dip in PS4 sales. Non-hardware earnings were up across the board in FY2018, from digital and physical game purchases, add-ons and DLC and microtransactions, and services like PS Plus."

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/65714/playstation-drives-sonys-78-billion-earnings-2018/index.html

How would releasing their games on PC, after the console sales are done with, hurt them? Software sales drive a ton of their revenue, so people can play the games on a Sony console, immediately, and then/or purchase it on PC later. It's still money in their pocket.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#282 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

People still going ott on this, if it is only the odd game here or there after 3+ years, then no one who wants to play them is going to wait that long. Well see what happens during next gen, but would love all PS games on PC, who wouldn't.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

People still going ott on this, if it is only the odd game here or there after 3+ years, then no one who wants to play them is going to wait that long. Well see what happens during next gen, but would love all PS games on PC, who wouldn't.

PS gamers, obviously.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#284 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@Random_Matt said:

PS gamers, obviously.

Sad people then, why does it bother console gamers if they are available for PC.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 R-Gamer

@DragonfireXZ95: Depends on the strategy. If it's a three year old game here and there that's one thing. If they start releasing new exclusives within one year of the console that's going to have alot of people skipping their ecosystem and just playing games on the PC.

This is a strategy MS uses and Sony kills them( just talking game divisions). So I don't see the need to follow that strategy.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By Zaryia

@r-gamer said:

@zaryia: Errr yea that link doesn't say that. The PS4 had more 9+ games then the PC.

Hi Blackhairedhero.

PC has ~120 more high scoring games (AAA+AA) than PS4 at MC.

PS4: ~432

PC: ~550

PC has ~129 more high scoring games (AAA+AA) than PS4 at GS.

PS4: ~283

PC: ~412

Links were provided earlier in this thread and the 2018 thread. Thank you for your time and enjoy 2nd place.

Back on Topic: Finally HZD gets to run on a real system with better gfx and framerates. Feel bad for the clowns who beta tested, or really play any multiplat on PS4 over PC (YIKES!)

dude_sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287  Edited By dude_sh
Member since 2019 • 47 Posts

Wish it was spiderman. but still niceee.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

Yes you are. Its so bad you are now pretending to be a PC gamer.

At least I actually own a gaming PC, unlike a faker like you.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 DragonfireXZ95

@r-gamer said:

@DragonfireXZ95: Depends on the strategy. If it's a three year old game here and there that's one thing. If they start releasing new exclusives within one year of the console that's going to have alot of people skipping their ecosystem and just playing games on the PC.

This is a strategy MS uses and Sony kills them( just talking game divisions). So I don't see the need to follow that strategy.

Yes, but there are many people like me who don't buy the consoles, and will gladly buy the game when it's released on PC. If they never release it on PC, then they never see any money from me at all. There is that to consider.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290  Edited By R-Gamer

@zaryia: Links were never provided In this thread. I'm not digging up a thread from 2018.

Enjoy the leftovers peasant it will still be better then most of the trash that comes to your platform. How does it feel that expensive PC you just bought is about to have inferior graphics to a prebuilt box coming this year? Looks like its time for another upgrade?

And you will be lucky if it's a half assed decent port.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 R-Gamer

@DragonfireXZ95: Well that's essentially the MS strategy. Get the sales of software and services on another platform at the expense of your brand. As a result the Xbox brings in a fraction of PS revenue.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin: Lol. Nice try but you going to have do better than that, new born PC gamer.😂🤣

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Lol. Nice try but you going to have do better than that, new born PC gamer.😂🤣

Don't know shit about current PC gaming. Just because you played Oregon Trail on your school's computer, you think you're an expert now. 🤣🤣🤣

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#294 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

I felt horizen was a borring game, i dont think i even beat it, I got about 25 hours in and just stopped. Overhyped imo, same with uncharted 4, and God of War. Best exclusives on ps4 were spiderman, ratchet and clank, bloodbourne

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 NoodleFighter
@r-gamer said:

@zaryia: You beg for games peasant... I don't blame you if I had to rely in that indie trash I would to. And comparing your PC to a Ferrari? Lol I love that a $1500 box hooked up to a what? $500 dollar monitor?

As I said peasant! And In less then a year you will need to upgrade again because you will be getting beat by a prebuilt box. Also please link your claim about the 120 more high scoring games. You constantly make that claim with no evidence. Burden of proof as you say right?

It's the reason the PC gets stomped in every region outside of China and Korea. The PC platform did so well worldwide because consoles were banned up until a few years ago. And even now China puts limitations on what games are allowed. And the PC is made up of dozens of hardware companies. You have come up with an imaginary entity as if the dozens of competing companies that compete on a open platform are all on the same team. Meanwhile maybe you can hope for some world class exclusives as opposed to what some dweeb game journalists gave a good score to on gamespot.

Except PC doesn't outperform consoles in just China and Korea. PC also outperforms consoles in Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe and Latin America. Even with the limitations the Chinese government has people are able to get around it with grey markets such as Steam. When the Chinese government put up a game license freeze many Chinese developers simply just released their games on Steam to get around it.

No game on PC is made exclusively for any hardware company so it doesn't really matter to PC gamers that there is no single entity in general which is why we welcome more companies competing because it gives us more competitive prices.

Don't know why you see a $500 monitor as something laughable it ain't nearly as bad as people with base consoles buying things like high end TVs for gaming when their console can barely play games at 1080p let alone 60fps. Hell even with mid gen upgrades they'll barely be able to utilize a high end TV to its full potential. $500 for a monitor is actually pretty high end, you can get 4k/1440p/3840x1440 resolution along with HDR10, 144hz+ refresh rates, G-Sync/FreeSync and 5ms response time. Spending any more on a monitor is unnecessary unless its something like QLED or OLED. At least the $500 monitor will provide features his $1500 PC can actually take advantage of unlike a console being hooked up to a high end 4k TV really only being able to take advantage of HDR.

@r-gamer said:

@zaryia:

Last time I checked the PS4 alone beat the PC in 90+ games. So it looks like the PS4 wins actually.

Post proof are stop making the claim. One second you say its 100 more then the next post its 200 more?? And for some reason I'm a racist now??? Wtf are you talking about?

PS4 beats the PC in 90+ games perhaps if you beg for some exclusive you can enjoy some real games and you don't have to rely on the trash from China!

And yes most PC gamers are peasants. Very few are on the cutting edge of PC technology and the displays most of them game on are garbage. Your setup cost less then mine so yes compared to me you are in fact a peasant. That PC elitist shit doesn't work when you game on a $500 or less monitor.

First of all you don't even know what displays PC gamers use, the most you'll get from surveys is resolutions. Do you even know what displays most console gamers game on? You don't need cutting edge tech to beat consoles either. At this point there should be at least 200 million Steam users since back in early 2015 it was announced that Steam had 125 million users and a 8.9 million conccurent user peak. At this point the concurrent player peak has more than doubled since then so Steam's active users could be closer to 250 million but safer bet would be around 200 million but if you wanna assume just 150 million then sure lets go with that.

The GTX 1060 which rivals the Xbox One X and surpasses the PS4 Pro is the most popular GPU on Steam at 20.30% currently. Out of 150 million users that alone is 30.45 million users with PCs on par or faster than the mid gen upgrades. Hell that is already more than the amount of Xbox One Xs and PS4 Pros sold. Since Sony themselves have stated that almost 1 out of 5 PS4s bought is a pro so at 20% of 100 million would be 20 million PS4 pros. It also only 15 million away from the amount of Xbox One sold at all. Then there is the 1050 ti which is on par with PS4 Pro GPU making up about 9.23% which is 13.8 million users. Then there is the GTX 1050 while not as fast is still much faster than the base PS4 GPU which is at 4.50% with 6.75 million users. The GTX 1070 is faster than the Xbox One X GPU with a 3.82% share with 5.73 million users. The RTX 2060 which is even faster is 2.98% with 4.47 million users. The GTX 1080 is at 2.60% with 3.9 million users. The GTX 1660 is at 2.05% with 3.07 million users. The RTX 2070 is at 1.90% with 2.85 million users. GTX 970 is at 1.89% with 2.83 million users. The GTX 1660 ti is at 1.49% with 2.23 million users. The GTX 1070 ti is at 1.49% with 1.99 million users. The GTX 1080 ti is at 1.30% with 1.95 million users. The AMD RX 580 is at 1.29% with 1.93 million users. The GTX 1650 is at 1.05% with 1.57 million users. The RTX 2080 is at 1% with 1.5 million users. The AMD RX 570 is at 0.70% with 1.05 million users. The RTX 2070 super is at 0.61% with 915k users. The RTX 2080 ti is at 0.49% with 735k users. The AMD RX 480 is at 0.46% with 690k users. The RTX 2060 Super is at 0.40% with 600k users. The GTX 980 is at 0.37% with 555k users. The GTX 980 ti is at 0.34% with 510k users. The RTX 2080 Super is at 0.32% with 480k users.

All this together adds up to estimate of 90.56 million users with PCs on par or better than the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. This isn't even including all the GPUs that still outperform the base consoles. This is also assuming that Steam only gained 25 million users since February 2015 when the year before Steam was at 75 million at the start of 2014 then was at 100 million in September 2014 before it was 125 million in February 2015. This was also months before Steam was made available in China and millions of users from Asia started using it.

So yeah 90.56 million PC gamers with GPUs on par or better than the mid gen upgrades while the amount of PS4s sold in total is 104 million. Making it only about 14 million behind the PS4 not including all the other PC GPUs that while not as fast the mid gen upgrades are still better than the base consoles and mid gen upgrades make up a minority of console sales.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296  Edited By Zaryia

@r-gamer said:

peasant

PC is more expensive than Console. You even say so in this very post. What is it with you and this line of attack? It's super awkward. Are you just taking a insult PC gamers use and tossing it back at them without context?

@r-gamer said:

will still be better then most of the trash that comes to your platform.

PC is currently first place at System Wars.

@r-gamer said:

How does it feel that expensive PC you just bought is about to have inferior graphics to a prebuilt box coming this year?

It feels great. IF that happens I'll upgrade it to make it look and run better than whatever shitty toy will be fighting for 2nd. Just like the last 8 years.. See why your peasant attack line makes no sense?

@r-gamer said:

And you will be lucky if it's a half assed decent port.

Over 90% of multiplats look and run much better on PC. Especially PS4 games.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297  Edited By R-Gamer

@NoodleFighter: All your babble about console hardware is rendered worthless by the end of this year. New consoles this year will max out the capability of any high end TV. And the difference is you can spend $2000 on a TV and 3 years from now it will still be great. That same TV that I use now will work perfectly with a PS5.

The point is I can buy a prebuilt box this year and get a better experience then 95% of PC gamers.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298  Edited By R-Gamer

@zaryia: Depends on the PC and your setup isn't more expensive then mine so you calling me a peasant is laugable.

Yea right.. paying nearly $1500 to have your system be beat by a prebuilt box two years later is enjoyable?

Will the PC ever have a Goty quality exclusive? And the PS5 will most likely run games better then 95% of PC's including yours.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Don't know shit about current PC gaming. Just because you played Oregon Trail on your school's computer, you think you're an expert now. 🤣🤣🤣

You got to do better and learn more. Jumping into PC gaming the last 6 months isn't going to change your image no matter how hard you try.🤣

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 NoodleFighter
@r-gamer said:

@NoodleFighter: All your babble about console hardware is rendered worthless by the end of this year. New consoles this year will max out the capability of any high end TV. And the difference is you can spend $2000 on a TV and 3 years from now it will still be great. That same TV that I use now will work perfectly with a PS5.

The point is I can buy a prebuilt box this year and get a better experience then 95% of PC gamers.

Not really I doubt there is going to be 100+ million next gen console users right at launch. It took the PS4 2 years to sell 30 million consoles which was the same timeframe as the PS3. Unless Microsoft does a repeat of the Xbox One reveal or Sony releases some top tier launch titles I'm not expecting the timeframe for PS5 at launch to improve that much an extra 10 million tops. You also ignore that by the time those consoles come out there will already be cheaper and more powerful graphics cards out. Also what about all the people that bought high end TVs from this past decade? Heck forget high end TVs just any TV with 4k since 4K TVs were very affordable most of this decade. People practically had to wait an entire gen to get a console that can properly utilize 4k let alone run at resolutions between 1080p and 4k. Also high end TVs have 120hz at 1440p and 4k and seeing as how developers prioritize graphics to the point most games with fancy graphics have ran at 30fps on consoles even though 60hz TVs have been around for a very long time I have a lot of doubt that developers will even give you the option to prioritize frame rates over graphics to that extreme level.

Anyway why does PS5 matter to you anyway? If Sony is putting their first party exclusives on PC it devalues the brand to you like you said.