Horizon Forbidden West will have a 60fps mode and slightly better lighting on PS5

  • 97 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

37890

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Horizon Forbidden West will have a 60fps mode and slightly better lighting on PS5 (60 votes)

PS5 50%
PS4 pro 7%
PS4 base 10%
I'm unsure 7%
I won't be getting the game 27%
No Caption Provided

Sounds fine to me: perfectly playable on base/pro PS4 hardware, albeit scaled down. Instead of a massive downgrade.

I guess Microsoft was right all along and games can just be scaled down.

What platform are you looking to get this game on?

 • 
Avatar image for djoffer123
Djoffer123

1149

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 1149 Posts

Pc baby! No way I’ll play a game that requires aiming with a controller🤮🤮🤮

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

37890

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 37890 Posts

@djoffer123 said:

Pc baby! No way I’ll play a game that requires aiming with a controller🤮🤮🤮

True, it is a pretty vital gameplay element. A PC version will undoubtedly happen, but nevertheless the PC version will always be derived from the PS4/5 version.

Avatar image for tjandmia
tjandmia

1103

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 1103 Posts

Ps4 still kicking! 🤣

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

28504

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#4 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 28504 Posts

No interest in the game. Too tired of Ubisoft.

Avatar image for uitravioience
UItravioIence

1806

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 1806 Posts

"Largely identical beyond performance and graphics".

Soooo,not the same at all. Got it.

Avatar image for tdkmillsy
tdkmillsy

4345

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts

According to some very vocal people on this forum its obvious it will be held back by the PS4.

Its impossible to be otherwise.

Just like games on PC held back by previous graphics cards.

:)

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

5804

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 5804 Posts

I thought cows didn't care about performance and graphics on PC, calling it indistinguishable from consoles. Why are they then buying a new console for it again?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

32578

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 32578 Posts

Pretty funny how PC gamers claim to suck at aiming with a controller as if this is some really difficult thing 😄 Casual confirmed!

Avatar image for howmakewood
Howmakewood

6872

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#9 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 6872 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Pretty funny how PC gamers claim to suck at aiming with a controller as if this is some really difficult thing 😄 Casual confirmed!

claiming to suck with a controller vs saying controller aiming sucks, sure you can read my man

Avatar image for jasonofa36
JasonOfA36

3361

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#10 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3361 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Pretty funny how PC gamers claim to suck at aiming with a controller as if this is some really difficult thing 😄 Casual confirmed!

Crutching yourself with clunky control schemes =/= sucking at it lol

Read the room.

Avatar image for Sagemode87
Sagemode87

2358

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 2358 Posts

@pc_rocks: some people don't give a sh1t about PC. Just hook up my console and go. Keep up with the narrative though.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

32578

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 32578 Posts

Maybe if this was 20 years ago and there was no joystick or settings. But I forgot, PC gamers are still stuck in 2004 😆

Avatar image for HalcyonScarlet
HalcyonScarlet

10258

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#13 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 10258 Posts

So Horizon Forbidden West, GoW and GT7 all coming to the PS4... Interesting.

So the exclusive obsessed cows are now sharing games with last gen systems, PC and even more on PC through PSNow.

The narrative will now change from "exclusives" to "1st party games", must be painful for cows. "Exclusives" has been their most important word for decades.

I called it though. I said eventually PS will bring out more and more games on different devices as games cost more and more to make. PS fans were like "NO WAY".

Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

38793

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#14 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 38793 Posts

BS Jive has no exclusives. And that poll... Poo bovine brigade, breaks seem impossible to find these dayzz...

lol :P

Avatar image for Random_Matt
Random_Matt

6311

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#15 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 6311 Posts

Of course, it is a remastered PS4 game.

Avatar image for ermacness
ermacness

8952

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#16 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 8952 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

So Horizon Forbidden West, GoW and GT7 all coming to the PS4... Interesting.

So the exclusive obsessed cows are now sharing games with last gen systems, PC and even more on PC through PSNow.

The narrative will now change from "exclusives" to "1st party games", must be painful for cows. "Exclusives" has been their most important word for decades.

I called it though. I said eventually PS will bring out more and more games on different devices as games cost more and more to make. PS fans were like "NO WAY".

Having a game on psnow for the pc, and having a pc port are completely different outcomes, seeing that you’re streaming the games with psnow in which don’t take advantage of the pc.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

32578

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 32578 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

So Horizon Forbidden West, GoW and GT7 all coming to the PS4... Interesting.

So the exclusive obsessed cows are now sharing games with last gen systems, PC and even more on PC through PSNow.

The narrative will now change from "exclusives" to "1st party games", must be painful for cows. "Exclusives" has been their most important word for decades.

I called it though. I said eventually PS will bring out more and more games on different devices as games cost more and more to make. PS fans were like "NO WAY".

Anyone who hasn't been living under a rock knows that there was cross gen support last gen for the first couple years. Nice try tho, and have fun waiting 🙂

Avatar image for gym_lion
Gym_Lion

1703

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#18 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 1703 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

So Horizon Forbidden West, GoW and GT7 all coming to the PS4... Interesting.

So the exclusive obsessed cows are now sharing games with last gen systems, PC and even more on PC through PSNow.

The narrative will now change from "exclusives" to "1st party games", must be painful for cows. "Exclusives" has been their most important word for decades.

I called it though. I said eventually PS will bring out more and more games on different devices as games cost more and more to make. PS fans were like "NO WAY".

Anyone who hasn't been living under a rock knows that there was cross gen support last gen for the first couple years. Nice try tho, and have fun waiting 🙂

Sony fans forgot that last year though when they were dumping all over MS for supporting the X1. Bit embarrassing really.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

32578

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#19 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 32578 Posts

@gym_lion said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

So Horizon Forbidden West, GoW and GT7 all coming to the PS4... Interesting.

So the exclusive obsessed cows are now sharing games with last gen systems, PC and even more on PC through PSNow.

The narrative will now change from "exclusives" to "1st party games", must be painful for cows. "Exclusives" has been their most important word for decades.

I called it though. I said eventually PS will bring out more and more games on different devices as games cost more and more to make. PS fans were like "NO WAY".

Anyone who hasn't been living under a rock knows that there was cross gen support last gen for the first couple years. Nice try tho, and have fun waiting 🙂

Sony fans forgot that last year though when they were dumping all over MS for supporting the X1. Bit embarrassing really.

Because MS is the one who created a gimped "next gen" system (XSS) so now they have to support it. Funny how people don't think the details through 😉

Avatar image for gym_lion
Gym_Lion

1703

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#20 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 1703 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@gym_lion said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

So Horizon Forbidden West, GoW and GT7 all coming to the PS4... Interesting.

So the exclusive obsessed cows are now sharing games with last gen systems, PC and even more on PC through PSNow.

The narrative will now change from "exclusives" to "1st party games", must be painful for cows. "Exclusives" has been their most important word for decades.

I called it though. I said eventually PS will bring out more and more games on different devices as games cost more and more to make. PS fans were like "NO WAY".

Anyone who hasn't been living under a rock knows that there was cross gen support last gen for the first couple years. Nice try tho, and have fun waiting 🙂

Sony fans forgot that last year though when they were dumping all over MS for supporting the X1. Bit embarrassing really.

Because MS is the one who created a gimped "next gen" system (XSS) so now they have to support it. Funny how people don't think the details through 😉

PS4 is going to hold PS5 games back far more. This, GoW and GT7 having to run on 9 year old hardware is a much bigger deal.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

5804

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#21 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 5804 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

@pc_rocks: some people don't give a sh1t about PC. Just hook up my console and go. Keep up with the narrative though.

Nobody cares about those some 'niche' people as they have proven to be a hypocrite hive mind.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

32578

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#22 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 32578 Posts

@pc_rocks said:
@Sagemode87 said:

@pc_rocks: some people don't give a sh1t about PC. Just hook up my console and go. Keep up with the narrative though.

Nobody cares about those some 'niche' people as they have proven to be a hypocrite hive mind.

Except console games regularly outsell PC games 😎

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

5804

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#23 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 5804 Posts
@ermacness said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

So Horizon Forbidden West, GoW and GT7 all coming to the PS4... Interesting.

So the exclusive obsessed cows are now sharing games with last gen systems, PC and even more on PC through PSNow.

The narrative will now change from "exclusives" to "1st party games", must be painful for cows. "Exclusives" has been their most important word for decades.

I called it though. I said eventually PS will bring out more and more games on different devices as games cost more and more to make. PS fans were like "NO WAY".

Having a game on psnow for the pc, and having a pc port are completely different outcomes, seeing that you’re streaming the games with psnow in which don’t take advantage of the pc.

Doesn't matter because he didn't say they are the same. He said, it's no longer exclusive and he's right.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

11031

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#24 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 11031 Posts

Much better hardware is getting us only a bit better lighting because of 60fps? The f'ckkkkk?!

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

37890

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#25 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 37890 Posts

@uitravioience said:

"Largely identical beyond performance and graphics".

Soooo,not the same at all. Got it.

So a game being played on low settings at 720p is vastly different from a game being played on high settings at 1080p?

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

37890

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#26 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 37890 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

Much better hardware is getting us only a bit better lighting because of 60fps? The f'ckkkkk?!

The mighty PS5 has two modes:

- 30fps at 4K (native) with superior lighting to the PS4 version

- 60fps at lower resolution and lower settings, but still has superior lighting to the PS4 version

I mean of course, in an ideal situation I would prefer the 60fps mode. But with PS5s still costing more than what I'm willing to spend (MSRP), I can see myself enjoying this game on PS4.

Avatar image for xantufrog
xantufrog

16645

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#27 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 16645 Posts

Yay performance mode! Props to them pulling that out. HZD feels a lot better at 60fps, especially in combat, even though it was remarkably smooth on ps4

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

37890

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#29 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 37890 Posts

@xantufrog said:

Yay performance mode! Props to them pulling that out. HZD feels a lot better at 60fps, especially in combat, even though it was remarkably smooth on ps4

Guerrilla are pure graphics wizards.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

35578

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#30 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 35578 Posts

Game looks great and something I’d be interested in playing so I can certainly see myself picking this up somewhere down the road. I don’t have a PS5 or PS4 yet for that matter so not sure which version I’d get. It’d be great if you could buy the PS4 version and get a free upgrade to the PS5 version though.

Avatar image for gym_lion
Gym_Lion

1703

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#31 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 1703 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Game looks great and something I’d be interested in playing so I can certainly see myself picking this up somewhere down the road. I don’t have a PS5 or PS4 yet for that matter so not sure which version I’d get. It’d be great if you could buy the PS4 version and get a free upgrade to the PS5 version though.

PS4 version will be about £20 cheaper than the PS5 version so a free upgrade is unlikely.

Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

38793

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#32 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 38793 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Game looks great and something I’d be interested in playing so I can certainly see myself picking this up somewhere down the road. I don’t have a PS5 or PS4 yet for that matter so not sure which version I’d get. It’d be great if you could buy the PS4 version and get a free upgrade to the PS5 version though.

Just wait a few months after launch for the inevitable, superior, bargain been price, PC version. lol :P

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

11031

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#33 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 11031 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

Much better hardware is getting us only a bit better lighting because of 60fps? The f'ckkkkk?!

The mighty PS5 has two modes:

- 30fps at 4K (native) with superior lighting to the PS4 version

- 60fps at lower resolution and lower settings, but still has superior lighting to the PS4 version

I mean of course, in an ideal situation I would prefer the 60fps mode. But with PS5s still costing more than what I'm willing to spend (MSRP), I can see myself enjoying this game on PS4.

I was expecting the settings to be on par with the 30fps mode, but in 1440p instead of native 4k. But we ain't getting that.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

46431

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 46431 Posts

Her chin is fucking massive. Could fry eggs on that thing.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

35578

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#35 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 35578 Posts

@SecretPolice: Well that’s definitely an option. However that would also require me to invest in building an entirely new PC from scratch and I don’t really want to go that route right now. 😅

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

35578

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#36 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 35578 Posts

@gym_lion: Yeah I wasn’t really expecting the free upgrade but the PS4 version being cheaper certainly confirms it unfortunately.

Avatar image for shadyacshuns
shadyacshuns

6730

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#37  Edited By shadyacshuns  Online
Member since 2007 • 6730 Posts

Why do these aaa games insist on having unattractive women in their titles? It seems like they go out of their way to make 'em like that.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

46431

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#38 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 46431 Posts

@shadyacshuns said:

Why do these aaa games insist on having unattractive women in their titles? It seems like they go out of their way to make 'em like that.

Probably some pink haired ugly bastard on the team telling them to make realistic expectations for little girls, or woman on Resetera who are well below expectations.

Very sad.

Avatar image for me2002
me2002

2800

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#39 me2002
Member since 2002 • 2800 Posts

Hopefully I'd be able to get a PS5 by then.

Avatar image for wonderwinner
WonderWinner

1947

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#40 WonderWinner
Member since 2021 • 1947 Posts

So I'll be able to play.it first.on my PS5 at 60fps and later on my PC at higher settings and HFR? I'm sold! The only people mad at this are Xbox fans. 🤭

Avatar image for wonderwinner
WonderWinner

1947

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#41 WonderWinner
Member since 2021 • 1947 Posts

@shadyacshuns: "Why do these aaa games insist on having unattractive women in their titles? It seems like they go out of their way to make 'em like that."

Go get your eyes checked because you clearly don't like women.

Avatar image for shellcase86
shellcase86

5672

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#42 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 5672 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@shadyacshuns said:

Why do these aaa games insist on having unattractive women in their titles? It seems like they go out of their way to make 'em like that.

Probably some pink haired ugly bastard on the team telling them to make realistic expectations for little girls, or woman on Resetera who are well below expectations.

Very sad.

Two very sad comments. Wow.

On-topic: Slightly better lighting you say, OP?

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

37890

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#43 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 37890 Posts

@shellcase86 said:

Two very sad comments. Wow.

On-topic: Slightly better lighting you say, OP?

Yeah basically the difference between medium and high lighting settings 🤷‍♂️

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

37890

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#44 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 37890 Posts
@wonderwinner said:

So I'll be able to play.it first.on my PS5 at 60fps and later on my PC at higher settings and HFR? I'm sold! The only people mad at this are Xbox fans. 🤭

Wow, I was going to play it on the PS4 pro at 30fps and then on PS5 at 60fps.

But playing it on PS5 at 60fps and later on PC at 120fps sounds even better.

Avatar image for vfighter
VFighter

9111

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#45 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 9111 Posts

@shadyacshuns: Unattractive 😆 I get it we're all attracted to different looks, figures etc, but this whole fake narrative that most women in games are ugly etc is just getting downright pathetic at this point. If she was knocking on your basement door you'd trip and stumble over your collection of empty monster energy cans and burrito wrappers thrown about the floor just to get a peek at her.

Avatar image for Heil68
Heil68

58668

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#46 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 58668 Posts

@shellcase86 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@shadyacshuns said:

Why do these aaa games insist on having unattractive women in their titles? It seems like they go out of their way to make 'em like that.

Probably some pink haired ugly bastard on the team telling them to make realistic expectations for little girls, or woman on Resetera who are well below expectations.

Very sad.

Two very sad comments. Wow.

On-topic: Slightly better lighting you say, OP?

bhahaha

Avatar image for with_teeth26
with_teeth26

10710

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#47 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 10710 Posts

good its getting a 60fps mode.

I'll probably wait for the PC version myself if I decide to get it. wasn't huge on the first one.

Avatar image for vfighter
VFighter

9111

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#48 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 9111 Posts

I still have to play through the first game, but when I get around to the sequel I'll probably play the Ps5 version ..assuming I'm able to get a ps5 by then. :(

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

11031

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#49 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 11031 Posts

Is this thread about lighting or Aloy's look?

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

52909

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 0

#50 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 52909 Posts

@hardwenzen: Alloy looks fine. At least she doesn't look like