Horizon Forbidden West will have a 60fps mode and slightly better lighting on PS5

• 96 results
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Horizon Forbidden West will have a 60fps mode and slightly better lighting on PS5 (60 votes)

PS5 50%
PS4 pro 7%
PS4 base 10%
I'm unsure 7%
I won't be getting the game 27%
No Caption Provided

Sounds fine to me: perfectly playable on base/pro PS4 hardware, albeit scaled down. Instead of a massive downgrade.

I guess Microsoft was right all along and games can just be scaled down.

What platform are you looking to get this game on?

• 
Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2249 Posts

Pc baby! No way I’ll play a game that requires aiming with a controller🤮🤮🤮

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46188 Posts

@djoffer123 said:

Pc baby! No way I’ll play a game that requires aiming with a controller🤮🤮🤮

True, it is a pretty vital gameplay element. A PC version will undoubtedly happen, but nevertheless the PC version will always be derived from the PS4/5 version.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

Ps4 still kicking! 🤣

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34567 Posts

No interest in the game. Too tired of Ubisoft.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3017 Posts

"Largely identical beyond performance and graphics".

Soooo,not the same at all. Got it.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5859 Posts

According to some very vocal people on this forum its obvious it will be held back by the PS4.

Its impossible to be otherwise.

Just like games on PC held back by previous graphics cards.

:)

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

I thought cows didn't care about performance and graphics on PC, calling it indistinguishable from consoles. Why are they then buying a new console for it again?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

Pretty funny how PC gamers claim to suck at aiming with a controller as if this is some really difficult thing 😄 Casual confirmed!

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7701 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Pretty funny how PC gamers claim to suck at aiming with a controller as if this is some really difficult thing 😄 Casual confirmed!

claiming to suck with a controller vs saying controller aiming sucks, sure you can read my man

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Crutching yourself with clunky control schemes =/= sucking at it lol

Read the room.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@pc_rocks: some people don't give a sh1t about PC. Just hook up my console and go. Keep up with the narrative though.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SolidGame_basic

Maybe if this was 20 years ago and there was no joystick or settings. But I forgot, PC gamers are still stuck in 2004 😆

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13660 Posts

So Horizon Forbidden West, GoW and GT7 all coming to the PS4... Interesting.

So the exclusive obsessed cows are now sharing games with last gen systems, PC and even more on PC through PSNow.

The narrative will now change from "exclusives" to "1st party games", must be painful for cows. "Exclusives" has been their most important word for decades.

I called it though. I said eventually PS will bring out more and more games on different devices as games cost more and more to make. PS fans were like "NO WAY".

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44025 Posts

BS Jive has no exclusives. And that poll... Poo bovine brigade, breaks seem impossible to find these dayzz...

lol :P

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Of course, it is a remastered PS4 game.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10604 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

So the exclusive obsessed cows are now sharing games with last gen systems, PC and even more on PC through PSNow.

The narrative will now change from "exclusives" to "1st party games", must be painful for cows. "Exclusives" has been their most important word for decades.

I called it though. I said eventually PS will bring out more and more games on different devices as games cost more and more to make. PS fans were like "NO WAY".

Having a game on psnow for the pc, and having a pc port are completely different outcomes, seeing that you’re streaming the games with psnow in which don’t take advantage of the pc.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Anyone who hasn't been living under a rock knows that there was cross gen support last gen for the first couple years. Nice try tho, and have fun waiting 🙂

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Anyone who hasn't been living under a rock knows that there was cross gen support last gen for the first couple years. Nice try tho, and have fun waiting 🙂

Sony fans forgot that last year though when they were dumping all over MS for supporting the X1. Bit embarrassing really.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SolidGame_basic

@gym_lion said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Sony fans forgot that last year though when they were dumping all over MS for supporting the X1. Bit embarrassing really.

Because MS is the one who created a gimped "next gen" system (XSS) so now they have to support it. Funny how people don't think the details through 😉

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gym_Lion

@SolidGame_basic said:
@gym_lion said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Because MS is the one who created a gimped "next gen" system (XSS) so now they have to support it. Funny how people don't think the details through 😉

PS4 is going to hold PS5 games back far more. This, GoW and GT7 having to run on 9 year old hardware is a much bigger deal.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PC_Rocks

@Sagemode87 said:

@pc_rocks: some people don't give a sh1t about PC. Just hook up my console and go. Keep up with the narrative though.

Nobody cares about those some 'niche' people as they have proven to be a hypocrite hive mind.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SolidGame_basic

@pc_rocks said:
@Sagemode87 said:

Nobody cares about those some 'niche' people as they have proven to be a hypocrite hive mind.

Except console games regularly outsell PC games 😎

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PC_Rocks
@ermacness said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Having a game on psnow for the pc, and having a pc port are completely different outcomes, seeing that you’re streaming the games with psnow in which don’t take advantage of the pc.

Doesn't matter because he didn't say they are the same. He said, it's no longer exclusive and he's right.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38704 Posts

Much better hardware is getting us only a bit better lighting because of 60fps? The f'ckkkkk?!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 R4gn4r0k

@uitravioience said:

"Largely identical beyond performance and graphics".

Soooo,not the same at all. Got it.

So a game being played on low settings at 720p is vastly different from a game being played on high settings at 1080p?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 R4gn4r0k
@hardwenzen said:

Much better hardware is getting us only a bit better lighting because of 60fps? The f'ckkkkk?!

The mighty PS5 has two modes:

- 30fps at 4K (native) with superior lighting to the PS4 version

- 60fps at lower resolution and lower settings, but still has superior lighting to the PS4 version

I mean of course, in an ideal situation I would prefer the 60fps mode. But with PS5s still costing more than what I'm willing to spend (MSRP), I can see myself enjoying this game on PS4.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Yay performance mode! Props to them pulling that out. HZD feels a lot better at 60fps, especially in combat, even though it was remarkably smooth on ps4

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 R4gn4r0k

@xantufrog said:

Yay performance mode! Props to them pulling that out. HZD feels a lot better at 60fps, especially in combat, even though it was remarkably smooth on ps4

Guerrilla are pure graphics wizards.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts

Game looks great and something I’d be interested in playing so I can certainly see myself picking this up somewhere down the road. I don’t have a PS5 or PS4 yet for that matter so not sure which version I’d get. It’d be great if you could buy the PS4 version and get a free upgrade to the PS5 version though.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gym_Lion

@Archangel3371 said:

Game looks great and something I’d be interested in playing so I can certainly see myself picking this up somewhere down the road. I don’t have a PS5 or PS4 yet for that matter so not sure which version I’d get. It’d be great if you could buy the PS4 version and get a free upgrade to the PS5 version though.

PS4 version will be about £20 cheaper than the PS5 version so a free upgrade is unlikely.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44025 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Just wait a few months after launch for the inevitable, superior, bargain been price, PC version. lol :P

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hardwenzen

@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

The mighty PS5 has two modes:

- 30fps at 4K (native) with superior lighting to the PS4 version

- 60fps at lower resolution and lower settings, but still has superior lighting to the PS4 version

I mean of course, in an ideal situation I would prefer the 60fps mode. But with PS5s still costing more than what I'm willing to spend (MSRP), I can see myself enjoying this game on PS4.

I was expecting the settings to be on par with the 30fps mode, but in 1440p instead of native 4k. But we ain't getting that.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58837 Posts

Her chin is fucking massive. Could fry eggs on that thing.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Archangel3371  Online

@SecretPolice: Well that’s definitely an option. However that would also require me to invest in building an entirely new PC from scratch and I don’t really want to go that route right now. 😅

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Archangel3371  Online

@gym_lion: Yeah I wasn’t really expecting the free upgrade but the PS4 version being cheaper certainly confirms it unfortunately.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Why do these aaa games insist on having unattractive women in their titles? It seems like they go out of their way to make 'em like that.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#38 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58837 Posts

@shadyacshuns said:

Why do these aaa games insist on having unattractive women in their titles? It seems like they go out of their way to make 'em like that.

Probably some pink haired ugly bastard on the team telling them to make realistic expectations for little girls, or woman on Resetera who are well below expectations.

Very sad.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

Hopefully I'd be able to get a PS5 by then.

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021
deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

So I'll be able to play.it first.on my PS5 at 60fps and later on my PC at higher settings and HFR? I'm sold! The only people mad at this are Xbox fans. 🤭

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021
deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

@shadyacshuns: "Why do these aaa games insist on having unattractive women in their titles? It seems like they go out of their way to make 'em like that."

Go get your eyes checked because you clearly don't like women.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@shadyacshuns said:

Probably some pink haired ugly bastard on the team telling them to make realistic expectations for little girls, or woman on Resetera who are well below expectations.

Very sad.

Two very sad comments. Wow.

On-topic: Slightly better lighting you say, OP?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 R4gn4r0k

@shellcase86 said:

Yeah basically the difference between medium and high lighting settings 🤷‍♂️

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 R4gn4r0k
@wonderwinner said:

So I'll be able to play.it first.on my PS5 at 60fps and later on my PC at higher settings and HFR? I'm sold! The only people mad at this are Xbox fans. 🤭

Wow, I was going to play it on the PS4 pro at 30fps and then on PS5 at 60fps.

But playing it on PS5 at 60fps and later on PC at 120fps sounds even better.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@shadyacshuns: Unattractive 😆 I get it we're all attracted to different looks, figures etc, but this whole fake narrative that most women in games are ugly etc is just getting downright pathetic at this point. If she was knocking on your basement door you'd trip and stumble over your collection of empty monster energy cans and burrito wrappers thrown about the floor just to get a peek at her.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

@shellcase86 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@shadyacshuns said:

Very sad.

bhahaha

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#47 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

good its getting a 60fps mode.

I'll probably wait for the PC version myself if I decide to get it. wasn't huge on the first one.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

I still have to play through the first game, but when I get around to the sequel I'll probably play the Ps5 version ..assuming I'm able to get a ps5 by then. :(

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hardwenzen

Is this thread about lighting or Aloy's look?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#50 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

@hardwenzen: Alloy looks fine. At least she doesn't look like