Horizon 4 will not increase sales of Xbone consoles. Here's why...

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Xbone fans might think Horizon 4 will sell piles of Xbones. It wont. Here's why:

1.Forza is no longer top franchise. It was last gen, but now its just another bland online racing franchise among many.

2.Britain has been featured in too many racing games already. Its not exotic to anyone. Also, Britain equals Brexit, which is a negative stigma any Britain featuring product instantly has to carry.

3.PS4 already has lots of bland online racers. Why would PS4 owner buy Xbone to play yet another bland online racer?

4.Devs made it clear they focus on framerate, not graphics, on Horizon 4. Cue poorly detailed scenery. Sigh...

5.And lastly, Xbox brand has hit rock bottom this year, due to horrid exclusives and the X1X console that has no games or update support from devs. No self respecting gamer would buy Xbone now, for fear of becoming laughing stock.

And for good reason too. I already see it happening; every time someone says they've bought Xbone, they immediately become a butt of a joke, a ridiculed subject on their chosen forums.

So yeah. Horizon 4 will not sell Xbones. The Xbox brand is doomed. It has lost its reputation, and few decent games, if such were to surface, will not save it. Horizon 4 most certainly wont.

Note to mods: this is not a troll, but a dazzlingly clear insight to the future of Xbox brand and whether game like Horizon 4 could affect the sales. It should also be noted that I used to be fervent Forza fan, and it has pained me greatly to see it becoming such mediocre online franchise with no single player, offline content to speak of. Thank you.

Over to you, fanboys.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

I don't think lems think that

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Who cares if sells xboxones, its arguably the best racer available. Microsoft makes money off of it either way. This gen has 2 to 3 years left, MS is on the right track with play anywhere/game pass. The way things look now I'm just waiting for next gen, I have every platform other than the bone and vita. Next gen I'm rolling with Microsoft, I picked up my ps4 because the Xbox one launch was miserable. They have turned it around, me and many of my friends switched to ps4 from 360 because of their launch, but Sony has not impressed me, its a good system but overhyped. The exclusives are all 3rd person adventure games. I like ratchet and clank and Spider-Man... But ps4 is overrated. Microsoft needs to just keep doing what they are doing but add a few new ip's for next gen and they will be solid. I look forward to switching to Microsoft next gen, I play my switch more than my ps4

Dogwax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dogwax
Member since 2011 • 45 Posts

Good lord this game has you (and that idiot protoss) shaken

It's ok. You can still watch spiderman on youtube

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 nomadic8280
Member since 2017 • 476 Posts

There is nothing bland about Horizon. You're confusing it with Motorsport, probably imagining GT in your head though.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@Dogwax: Lmao.

These cows are in meltdown mode.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

All I can say to the OP is

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

What lems stated this will sell "piles of Xbones"? Jesus ONE game gets a 9 on here and a 92 on Metacritic by Microsoft and some of you hardcore cows just cannot stand it...lmao.

Seriously, most pathetic group of fanboys ever...

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Another DC thread

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

FH4 will increase raging, rabid mad cow threads, this thread's proof.

Poo cows, Phil, is just badass. lol

Xbox is all in your head 24/7 rent free. :P

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Forza will not increase sales because most people that want to play Forza already own an xbox one,and the game is also on PC which steal the most have an xbox option as well from the xbox one.

But please people stop making Forza Horizon 4 thread it make cows look desperate,what the hell with all the games the PS4 has damn let lemmings enjoy this one.

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

I'm boycotting Forza 4 because of Brexit. And sugarpuffs.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tormentos

@sts106mat said:
@tormentos said:

Forza will not increase sales because most people that want to play Forza already own an xbox one,and the game is also on PC which steal the most have an xbox option as well from the xbox one.

But please people stop making Forza Horizon 4 thread it make cows look desperate,what the hell with all the games the PS4 has damn let lemmings enjoy this one.

You need to make a thread saying "Please cows, stop making Forza Horizon threads".

Come Eltormo, you know you want to!

Hahahahaaa damn get out of my mind...

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@henrythefifth: Shouldn't feed the troll, but your points about Brexit and negatively affecting sales because it's based in Britain are laughable even for a troll post. Heck, I don't regard a game based in the US as being a negative just because they have a clown in the White House.....

Can't understand your insecurity....

darkRecon6Opt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 darkRecon6Opt
Member since 2018 • 119 Posts

@henrythefifth: because you say so lol

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 poptart

@sts106mat said:
@poptart said:

Good.

there are enough idiots on our roads as it is!

;-)

Come join me - let playground games know we disapprove of Brexit.

Actually I may get this game on gamepass. Worth a spin for sure.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tormentos

@sts106mat said:

Come on now. you can Title it

"Lord Tormentos requires All Cows to stop making Forza Horizon threads"

Na hahahahaa i don't want to get my ass kick by a moderator..hahaha

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

It won’t sell Xbox consoles because if you haven’t bought one by the third forza horizon installment for the console then you’re probably not gonna go out and buy one now.

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 poptart

@sts106mat said:
@poptart said:
@sts106mat said:
@poptart said:

Good.

there are enough idiots on our roads as it is!

;-)

Come join me - let playground games know we disapprove of Brexit.

Actually I may get this game on gamepass. Worth a spin for sure.

Thats how i am playing it. I am playing nothing but SWBF2 at the moment, have been very happily for months.

But i saw the game pass offer, 2 months for £2. i thought i will sign up for Horizon alone. my pass runs out right after RDR2 is released, so happy days.

@tormentos no mod would DARE have a go at you!

Ha - yes the £2 option for 2 months was too generous to turn down. I fear the size of ths game is going to wipe out my hard rive space unfortunately, but I guess I'll just bung out FH3.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts
@henrythefifth said:

Xbone fans might think Horizon 4 will sell piles of Xbones. It wont.

I'm not sure they do think that?

@henrythefifth said:

1.Forza is no longer top franchise. It was last gen, but now its just another bland online racing franchise among many.

Ehhhh I'd say it's pretty clearly the top franchise right now. There might be realistic sims on PC, but not as well known or high selling. What exactly do YOU think is the top racing franchise right now?

@henrythefifth said:

2.Britain has been featured in too many racing games already. Its not exotic to anyone. Also, Britain equals Brexit, which is a negative stigma any Britain featuring product instantly has to carry.

Lol. I hate to burst your bubble, but I really don't think many XBox fans are losing sleep over Brexit. At least not as far as buying a freaking racing game is concerned. That's like saying people will boycott The Crew 2 because it takes place in the US where Trump lives. Some people might? I guess? People who are too mired in politics to just play a game if it looks fun.

@henrythefifth said:

3.PS4 already has lots of bland online racers. Why would PS4 owner buy Xbone to play yet another bland online racer?

I don't think many PS4 owners are going to buy an XBox at this stage in the generation for any reason. I also don't think the PS4 has anything like FH4. If you'd played FH3 you'd know that.

@henrythefifth said:

4.Devs made it clear they focus on framerate, not graphics, on Horizon 4. Cue poorly detailed scenery. Sigh...

Sounds like a good reason to buy their racing game.

@henrythefifth said:

5.And lastly, Xbox brand has hit rock bottom this year, due to horrid exclusives and the X1X console that has no games or update support from devs. No self respecting gamer would buy Xbone now, for fear of becoming laughing stock.

Wait, your final salvo is that "XBox has no games, therefore people won't buy XBox when it gets good games"

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

I challenge you dumbass fanboys to make an actual legit good thread and not this garbage nonsense. This is embarrassing.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

Oh god, this thread is as stupid as any I've seen from Xbox fanboys about PS4 exclusives this gen.

I haven't seen Sony fans say anything this moronic all generation, Congratulations!

Ok, it's TRUE the Forza Horizon 4 WONT increase Xbone sales but for NONE of the fanboys reasons you blatantly made up.

The reason FH4 wont increase xbone sales is because most racing fans who care about Forza or arcade racing games already bought an xbox one and it's available on PC which further cuts into FH4's ability to push sales for Xbone.

As far a Forza not being a top franchise...

Forza HORIZON has the honor of being the xbox exclusive that has stayed on the top NDP chart longer than other xbox one franchise this generation. Pick either 2 or 3 Forza Horizon has shown it has the most staying power of any CURRENT xbox exclusive.

FH4 is easily the best arcade racer this generation, just stop. Hating on great games makes you a non-gamer. Right now you're a mirror image of all the fanboys who've hated on great PS4 exclusive this gen, disgusting!

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

O.p., can I get Wednesday's powerball numbers?

UnrealGunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 UnrealGunner
Member since 2015 • 1073 Posts

I think some kids will get their parents to buy them an Xbox for this game actually

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Foza is not a system seller. It never is. The same like other smaller sony games like ratchet and clank, infamous.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@henrythefifth said:

Note to mods: this is not a troll, but a dazzlingly clear insight to the future of Xbox brand and whether game like Horizon 4 could affect the sales.

Yeah? You sure could've fooled me.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

The only thing that is bland are your threads. I’d also say that you’ve hit rock bottom yourself but you always seem to find a new low.

DenUndercover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DenUndercover
Member since 2018 • 2 Posts

@henrythefifth: it probably wont, but its a great franchise regardless. **** gt sport. i own playstation 4 and vita, no xbox. and yet, i can easily say forza > GT

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

How can it inrease sales when most will use gamepass on PC? They even made the PC version less demanding and still looking good.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

Its not going to sell xbox because racing is a niche genre.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@recloud said:

Its not going to sell xbox because racing is a niche genre.

Spider-Man sold 3.3 million out of an install base of over 80 million. So I guess that is niche as well.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

I don't think I've heard a single lem here say FH4 will increase x sales.....