MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Hogwarts Legacy is an immersive, open-world action RPG set in the world first introduced in the Harry Potter books. Now you can take control of the action and be at the center of your own adventure in the wizarding world. Embark on a journey through familiar and new locations as you explore and discover fantastic beasts, customize your character and craft potions, master spell casting, upgrade talents, and become the wizard you want to be. Experience Hogwarts in the 1800s. Your character is a student who holds the key to an ancient secret that threatens to tear the wizarding world apart. You have received a late acceptance to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and soon discover that you are no ordinary student: you possess an unusual ability to perceive and master Ancient Magic. Only you can decide if you will protect this secret for the good of all, or yield to the temptation of more sinister magic. Discover the feeling of living at Hogwarts as you make allies, battle Dark wizards, and ultimately decide the fate of the wizarding world. Your legacy is what you make of it."

Looks like the rumors were true.

Coming to current and next gen consoles + PC

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

It doesn't look bad, but i don't want to play as a kid wearing a robe and a hat. And did they confirm how's the game gonna be? It seemed like Destiny.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#3  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Well, the trailer looks nice, so I'll keep an eye on it. I'm no Harry Potter fan, but I do think the source material can potentially make a decent and interesting video game.

But it's a WB game, so I'm going to keep a close eye on the monetisation.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

It did look pretty good. Having said that though I most likely will never get around to getting it myself. Just too many other games I’d rather get.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

meh, not my bag. cool for fans.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

My daughter is super hyped.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

I'm super hype for this since I'm a long time HP fan of the films & Books to a degree. But parts of me is concern if J.K Rowling will be involve due to keeping it real when it comes to character creation for an open-world RPG but nevertheless, very excited.

Best part about this is set in 1800, set around 200 year ago, being that you play as a character who controls the fate of Hogwarts leads to many possibilities being good or bad. Some examples are the Resurrection of Voldemort, whether you stop or allow it, or even the Fantastic Beast roaming the world which you can choose to protect/capture or destroy them like others do. I could go on based on the books, however I don't know how in depth the lore can be in this game. Hard to believe we're getting an actual HP open-world RPG game, I waited for something like this for a very long time. Will pre-order this on PC in a heartbeat.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#8 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

When you want to see how well it does, but don't want to support Rowling anymore...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

When you want to see how well it does, but don't want to support Rowling anymore...

While this is true that J.K Rowling went loopy, I do want to see this game do very well and us HP fans have been waiting for an open-world game. This is as good as were ever going to get.

Don't worry, I too had enough of J.K Rowling myself.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@Telekill said:

My daughter is super hyped.

Mine too

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

Looks good

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@davillain- said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

While this is true that J.K Rowling went loopy, I do want to see this game do very well and us HP fans have been waiting for an open-world game. This is as good as were ever going to get.

Don't worry, I too had enough of J.K Rowling myself.

I too am in that position.

Her recent book was the last straw for me. But a game that explores the world of harry potter instead of just the exploits of harry potter has immense potential to be something truly great.

A proper harry potter roleplaying game (which is what this looks like to be), has immense ammounts of potential. Rowling's plots and characters were never all that great. But the world she built with harry potter, is probably a huge reason the series remains so popular even today.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faad23a34ab6
deactivated-5faad23a34ab6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5faad23a34ab6
Member since 2020 • 40 Posts

I hope Rowling is involved in it or else I doubt I'll be interested.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Game has many potential.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#15 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I acted like I hated Harry Potter as a kid, but only cause some other kids I didn't like were obsessed with it. I secretly enjoyed the movies when I was forced to see them as part of school field trips (the first 2 or 3 anyways I dont remember how many I saw)

with that out of the way, this kinda just looks like a generic Fantasy RPG. it's a 'wait and see' for me

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

Looks nice and all, but shouldn’t this has come out ten years ago??

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Personally I think this game looks great and I'm really excited for it.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#18 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/harry-potter-video-game-announced-33506347/

Already made thread.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

I'll probably wind up getting this. Looks like a good game to play through with my wife.