Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

From https://wccftech.com/hitman-goty-xbox-one-x-support/

Xbox One X Enhancements: A whole host of enhancements are on the way for Xbox One X owners, including options for native 4K and a higher framerate.

To quote Xbox YouTube channel

HITMAN – Game of the Year Edition is enhanced for Xbox One X. Featuring beautiful native 4K, a smooth as butter 60 FPS high frame rate mode and HDR support for vivid and stunning colors.

https://gamingbolt.com/hitman-ps4-pro-vs-ps4-graphics-comparison-a-decent-upgrade-with-increased-resolution-and-performance

To begin with Hitman on the PS4 Pro runs at 2560 X 1440 resolution

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50545 Posts

Mmmmmmk

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

The battle for resolution. I am still waiting to experience someone thinking about the resolution of the game they are playing on another system. People need to remember that the vast majority of gamers generally don't care.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Gonna be a common theme... get ready for the cow damage control.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ronvalencia

MSI Gaming X R9-390X has 1070 Mhz clock speed, hence it's 6.025 TFLOPS.

6.x TFLOPS GPUs (MSI R9-390X OC, Titan X Maxwell, GTX 1070) has similar performance.

Avatar image for deactivated-63181ff40994a
deactivated-63181ff40994a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 deactivated-63181ff40994a
Member since 2017 • 575 Posts

Why are lemmings using this as ownage? We all know the X is more powerful...its a new console with better hardware ffs.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: Not sure any "cow" will argue the same exact game won't look better on the newer, more expensive console. They can argue about exclusives, and how good they look though. Besides Forza, I'm still waiting to see a good looking Xbox One exclusive on the X. It'll probably be Halo 6 whenever that comes. Sea of Theives and Crackdown don't show off the X's performance ability at all... And I doubt that PUBG game will either since it looks like crap on PC.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JoshRMeyer

@fastnslowww: Don't forget the higher price tag also.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Congrats...... Hitman is not a bad looking game...... still not H:ZD, Uncharted, TLOU2, GoW and other graphical power houses though.

You lemmings can circle jerk over pixel count and us cows will circle jerk over graphics :D

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 scatteh316

@lukeasaurusrex said:

@Pedro: @scatteh316: Are you two blind? It isn't just a reso boost. It's 60fps, better visuals, and HDR. It's one of the better enhancements I've seen actually.

It has a '60fps mode' meaning they'll turn some of the settings down to get the frame rate up.

And I never said it was just a resolution boost, can you not read? Are you blind?

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 scatteh316

@lukeasaurusrex said:

@scatteh316: Yes, but it's a rock solid 60fps mode. And you said lems were circle jerking over the resolution, which implies you thought that's all it was.

Can you link me to the DF video where they test the frame rate?

And no, Lems can jerk over resolution because the games with the best graphics are still on Pro...

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Gonna be a common theme... get ready for the cow damage control.

It'll be massive, since they outnumber lems + sheep + herms

Anyways, i'm so pumped for Tuesday (or wednesday)

I've never pre-ordered a console in my life, and I've been gaming since 1992.

I hope Best Buy can ship on time, but I doubt it, so I'll probably get it wed-thur.

Any of you guys got any confirmation yet?

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5859 Posts

Not possible with the power difference between the pro and X :)

Xbox One X proving its true power more and more.

roll on next week

Microsoft Xbox One X the new king of consoles

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50: I'm picking mine up in-store :)

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 scatteh316

@lukeasaurusrex said:

@scatteh316: I'm going by the devs words. And the X1X just came out, it hasn't had a first party game to take full advantage of the power yet. That said, FH3 comes close already.

1. Wait for the performance tests, to many '60fps' games this generation that are more like '45fps' games.

2. What 1st party titles are in development that look set to push it?

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Man I'd rather do that, when pre orders opened for the second time I could only pre order online.

but this was Canada

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

You reminded me of the game, I had purchased it on sale but haven't played it yet, glad to hear it will run at 4K native, just gives me an idea when I look at different games if I am able to spot the differences, which one runs at Native or not, out of curiosity. HDR support is sweet as well, I don't remember this game having that before.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5859 Posts

Microsoft giving gamers options with their games. Play at 4k and the standard 30fps for consoles or 1080p/1440p (to be announced) at 60fps all for less than $500.

Thank you Microsoft the new upcoming king of consoles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#23 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Is this going to be like cows in the beginning of the gen with a new thread for each title that runs better on the X?

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@lukeasaurusrex: This game should look great, at first I thought they said 4K Native - 60 fps, didn't realize they meant a 60 fps mode. But bottom line is it is nice to see them give extra options like that.....honestly for this kind of game, it's a little slower paced, I would be fine with 4K Native - 30 fps, but I will try both and see which one I prefer .....can't wait only a few days now

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#26 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

will it be a midnight release

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

@lukeasaurusrex: Most games probably won’t get 60fps modes, and if they do, it’s still out of people’s control which ones have it. This particular game had a high/unlocked frame rate rate option already on PS4 Pro, so the extra power of X1X is enough to seal the deal at 60fps.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44025 Posts

Unholy cowzerz, Poo cows, I almost, almost mind you, feel sorry for the lil cud chewers....

Lolol :P

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Lol the cows are getting so angry now with seeing game after game being much better on the X1X. It is funny reading their responses.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

@fastnslowww: Don't forget the higher price tag also.

$100 isn't a big jump for the massive improvement over PS4 Pro

JtoThaMtoThaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JtoThaMtoThaP
Member since 2016 • 1016 Posts

I find the cow narrative hilarious...when a game doesn't quite reach native 4K on the X1X "haha the weak console, lems have been owned" but when games do reach native 4K "it's the more powerful console, of course it's native 4K...why make a thread about it" lolz

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@lukeasaurusrex said:

I'm really happy to hear about the 60fps and better visuals. Especially when one of the main arguments against X1X has been most games getting enhanced won't be 60fps. Which is BS.

As already pointed out, it's a 60 fps mode. Meaning that players choose between resolution or frame rate, pretty much like a budget PC of similar price. And it's not that the arguments were that X1X wouldn't get 60 fps, it's that it wouldn't get 60 fps and 4K at the same time, namely in high production AAA titles. Which has been proven to be true in most cases, Gears 4 being native 4K/30 fps, AC Origins being checkerboard 4K/30 fps. Forza 7 being a rare exception of having the native 4K with 60 fps in the AAA space. But then racers are typically easier to optimize than open and large scale world type games. Besides that you have the less demanding games like Minecraft and those cartoon graphic styles which can afford the headroom for resolution and frame rate utilization.

If anything, most in the community were arguing that the new system would have been better utilized for 1080p with at least High settings (an often overlooked aspect in graphics) and 60 fps, than 4K just for the sake of resolution. Maybe even 1440p/60 fps if possible. Many really wanted to see an improvement in performance before striving for higher resolution. But at least more games are giving the players the choice in how they experience their games instead of the locked settings, and that is a very good thing.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

Not surprising. Hitman was 1080p/30ish on Xbox One. Just scaling that up to 4K should work on the X. The issue I'll be looking at is if the frame rate will still be unsteady at 4K.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JoshRMeyer

@Phazevariance: In console talk, $100 is a lot. It'll be $150 more once the Pro officially drops to $349(will be this month) plus (Black Friday/Cyber Monday has it at $299)... I'm not saying the price isn't worth it, but it's definitely something people factor in when considering a console.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Zero_epyon

@AdobeArtist said:
@lukeasaurusrex said:

I'm really happy to hear about the 60fps and better visuals. Especially when one of the main arguments against X1X has been most games getting enhanced won't be 60fps. Which is BS.

As already pointed out, it's a 60 fps mode. Meaning that players choose between resolution or frame rate, pretty much like a budget PC of similar price. And it's not that the arguments were that X1X wouldn't get 60 fps, it's that it wouldn't get 60 fps and 4K at the same time, namely in high production AAA titles. Which has been proven to be true in most cases, Gears 4 being native 4K/30 fps, AC Origins being checkerboard 4K/30 fps. Forza 7 being a rare exception of having the native 4K with 60 fps in the AAA space. But then racers are typically easier to optimize than open and large scale world type games. Besides that you have the less demanding games like Minecraft and those cartoon graphic styles which can afford the headroom for resolution and frame rate utilization.

If anything, most in the community were arguing that the new system would have been better utilized for 1080p with at least High settings (an often overlooked aspect in graphics) and 60 fps, than 4K just for the sake of resolution. Maybe even 1440p/60 fps if possible. Many really wanted to see an improvement in performance before striving for higher resolution. But at least more games are giving the players the choice in how they experience their games instead of the locked settings, and that is a very good thing.

This post right here. It's almost like they're arguing against people made out of straw...

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@lukeasaurusrex said:

@Zero_epyon: Then I get to this post.... Dude there's been nothing but salt and tears against the X1X since it was announced. If you choose to ignore that, that's on you. Hell anytime someone posts that a game is native 4K on X1X all I see are cows bashing it, and hermits bringing up their PCs even though the convo had nothing to do with PC.

...you are aware that you're in system wars, right?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

GOTY edition? So I have to buy it again? Hope not.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

PS4 Pro checkerboard technology > Xbox One X native black crush 4K

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

Oh no PC compare why? Always want to compare the more powerful one X agaisn't PS4.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@APiranhaAteMyVa: Don't be a trolling fanboy dipshit.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@lukeasaurusrex: It sounds like you want the Xbox forum, not System Wars...

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Zero_epyon

@lukeasaurusrex said:

@Zero_epyon: Then I get to this post.... Dude there's been nothing but salt and tears against the X1X since it was announced. If you choose to ignore that, that's on you. Hell anytime someone posts that a game is native 4K on X1X all I see are cows bashing it, and hermits bringing up their PCs even though the convo had nothing to do with PC.

?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zero_epyon

@lukeasaurusrex said:

Have you not seen ron's threads? I mean look at this very thread. It has charts comparing Xbox One X to PC before anyone even gets a chance. And how about lems going bananas in threads that talk about games that aren't native 4K? Hell I've made a couple of those and was told by several lems that resolution threads needed to go away. Don't see them complaining about the 4 threads about resolution on X1X on the front page.

Hermits are merely responding to that nonsense. It's mostly reactive.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ronvalencia

@AdobeArtist said:
@lukeasaurusrex said:

For this game, a budget PC with $499 and GTX 1060 would be defeated by X1X.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9qjB2R

Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9qjB2R/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($79.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: MSI - B250M PRO-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($50.39 @ OutletPC)

Memory: Crucial - 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($43.33 @ OutletPC)

Memory: G.Skill - NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($76.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Hitachi - Ultrastar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($39.88 @ Amazon)

Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING Video Card ($259.88 @ OutletPC)

Case: Rosewill - FBM-X1 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($19.49 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: EVGA - BT 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($15.98 @ Newegg)

Optical Drive: LG - WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($37.50 @ Amazon)

Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($88.89 @ OutletPC)

Total: $712.32

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

Stupid lems. Don't you know resolution hasn't mattered since to Scorpio specs were revealed?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ronvalencia

@Pedro said:

The battle for resolution. I am still waiting to experience someone thinking about the resolution of the game they are playing on another system. People need to remember that the vast majority of gamers generally don't care.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ronvalencia

@Zero_epyon said:
@lukeasaurusrex said:

Have you not seen ron's threads? I mean look at this very thread. It has charts comparing Xbox One X to PC before anyone even gets a chance. And how about lems going bananas in threads that talk about games that aren't native 4K? Hell I've made a couple of those and was told by several lems that resolution threads needed to go away. Don't see them complaining about the 4 threads about resolution on X1X on the front page.

Hermits are merely responding to that nonsense. It's mostly reactive.

You missed my Ark Survival posts which is not 4K on X1X. X1X still beats PS4 Pro with more than 43 percent difference and the CPU is driving X1X's frame rates to 60 fps while PS4 Pro's version stuck at 30 fps.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Zero_epyon

@ronvalencia said:
@Pedro said:

Can you cite the source of this chart?