Hitman season 1 content will be remastered free on Hitman 2.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Thats actually Great news. Season 1 content will be newly updated with briefcase now.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Neet.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

So you have to buy the new HITMAN for that ?

Or this is a free update for all current HITMAN owners ?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:

of course you have to buy Hitman 2.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 R4gn4r0k
@ghosts4ever said:

Weird because most remasters like that are free on PC. Now you have to buy a new 60 dollar game to get a free remaster.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Weird because most remasters like that are free on PC. Now you have to buy a new 60 dollar game to get a free remaster.

it will worth it. Hitman is one of the best game this gen so im not expecting sequel to be any less. sometimes more of same is good thing.

look at what ubisoft are doing with assassins creed. new one will be origins DLC with RPG elements. waste of time.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Great news. I may end up getting the second and I never got the first.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 R4gn4r0k
@ghosts4ever said:

it will worth it. Hitman is one of the best game this gen so im not expecting sequel to be any less. sometimes more of same is good thing.

look at what ubisoft are doing with assassins creed. new one will be origins DLC with RPG elements. waste of time.

True man, HITMAN was an excellent game.

But I still like Dishonored 2 more.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

It's free for the Season 1 owners, they even said i the very same trailer.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:

True man, HITMAN was an excellent game.

But I still like Dishonored 2 more.

what did you like so much about hitman?

i really struggled to get into it. i turned off the opportunity revealing thing because i felt like i was just following onscreen prompts. but without it the game felt random and unfocused, like i was just wandering round aimlessly stumbling upon clues by dumb luck rather than careful design or planning. i feel like i missed / overlooked something(s) because of how many people on here really enjoyed it.

it reminded me a little bit of how i felt about arkham asylum to city - on paper the open world / sandbox felt like a good idea but in reality it wasn't anywhere near as effective as the more linear and focused game

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By R4gn4r0k
@pc_rocks said:

It's free for the Season 1 owners, they even said i the very same trailer.

That's more like it !

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

No, you don't. How about you actually watch the freaking videos you post?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts
@Macutchi said:

i really struggled to get into it. i turned off the opportunity revealing thing because i felt like i was just following onscreen prompts. but without it the game felt random and unfocused, like i was just wandering round aimlessly stumbling upon clues by dumb luck rather than careful design or planning. i feel like i missed / overlooked something(s) because of how many people on here really enjoyed it.

it reminded me a little bit of how i felt about arkham asylum to city - on paper the open world / sandbox felt like a good idea but in reality it wasn't anywhere near as effective as the more linear and focused game

I felt exactly like you do.

The thing with Hitman is that the traditional directed, linear type gameplay gives way to a much more open and experimental one and becomes more about stitching together a singular final plan by utilizing the intel gathered in previous playthroughs instead of expecting to succeed on your first go. Which you easily can do (at least the more basic assassinations) by chance if you pay attention to clues in the world, but of which the more elaborate ones takes some practice. My first entry into a level is always simply for recon and experimentation to get a layout of the land, locate items and disguises, gain intel, and to recognize patterns and intersections of events that could be exploited to my benefit. I'm not sure precisely how the game world reacts or how the scripting works, but it appears to me that once you trigger a certain event, different ones begin elsewhere to culminate in the direction you're headed, even if completely unrelated to your own to open up possibilities that wouldn't have before had you not done it. To me this is more than a tad contrived, but the illusion is achieved nonetheless.

I could see how Hitman's not a game for everyone from its lack of direction, but it does encompass an incredible amount of freedom, depth and liberty to approach a situation from a variety of angles. You can even vary and combine different paths into one playthrough; it's very accommodating to one's play style. It's the truest to the original games as we've seen in a long time, and I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lotus-Edge
Member since 2008 • 50513 Posts

Good news.

Here's to hoping Hitman 2 releases with some damn content. That episodic trickling trash killed the first one.

JtoThaMtoThaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JtoThaMtoThaP
Member since 2016 • 1016 Posts

Oh season one is on Xbox Gamepass...what a value Gamepass is

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Hitman was criminally underrated. Everyone should play the first game and buy 2. And I don't even like stealth games... It's that good!

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:
@Macutchi said:

I felt exactly like you do.

The thing with Hitman is that the traditional directed, linear type gameplay gives way to a much more open and experimental one and becomes more about stitching together a singular final plan by utilizing the intel gathered in previous playthroughs instead of expecting to succeed on your first go. Which you easily can do (at least the more basic assassinations) by chance if you pay attention to clues in the world, but of which the more elaborate ones takes some practice. My first entry into a level is always simply for recon and experimentation to get a layout of the land, locate items and disguises, gain intel, and to recognize patterns and intersections of events that could be exploited to my benefit. I'm not sure precisely how the game world reacts or how the scripting works, but it appears to me that once you trigger a certain event, different ones begin elsewhere to culminate in the direction you're headed, even if completely unrelated to your own to open up possibilities that wouldn't have before had you not done it. To me this is more than a tad contrived, but the illusion is achieved nonetheless.

I could see how Hitman's not a game for everyone from its lack of direction, but it does encompass an incredible amount of freedom, depth and liberty to approach a situation from a variety of angles. You can even vary and combine different paths into one playthrough; it's very accommodating to one's play style. It's the truest to the original games as we've seen in a long time, and I'm looking forward to the sequel.

interesting, thanks dude.

i had a similar feeling to you when playing, that i should use the first play through as a recon exercise. but i didn't like that idea as a prerequisite. it felt more like poor game design, depriving you of the joy in experiencing a mission for the first time. and it didn't fit with the premise of playing as a legendary international assassin, who you would expect to have adequate intel / intimate knowledge of the environment he'd chosen to eliminate his victims in. assassinating largely by chance or luck rather than careful planning and design felt wrong and broke the immersion. but i'm all too aware that that may well have just been me being too dense to pick up and piece together clues lol.

even though all previous games had trial and error, i could still get a rewarding experience in that first play through. each new mission felt solvable first time round. i didn't get that with the last game.

changing the play area of the game to sandbox is fine too, but for me the player should be given additional skills / tools to handle this change. the opportunity revealing mechanic felt like a cheap substitute for some real thought and creativity in this area (and it contrasts with the depth, complexity and possible application of dishonored 2's skill tree). it was a good opportunity for them to revamp some time served mechanics, like the ability to see into a room by peering through the key hole, which was not very realistic but at least useful. instead they just got rid of it

dbodhisattwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 dbodhisattwa
Member since 2018 • 23 Posts

There are so many contents that we need in hitman 2, that we are used with in previous hitmans, like using sedative syringe, poisoning drinks and foods with poison syringe, the rifle briefcase ...all these make the game more complete which should be included in hitman 2. Otherwise Hitman was a pretty good, greatly underrated game. I hope that hitman 2 goes on to be an improvement over that.