Hitman Absolution Details (HOLY CASUALS!!)

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

My source was this video and the official forums

David Bateson will not be returning as Agent 47

Jesper Kyd will not do the soundtrack

Cover System

You can slow down time (LIKE RDR)

When you do stealth kills, you fill the "Instict" gauge

When activated, you can see trough walls, and read minds.

More focus on smaller sandboxes, because they want to control the pacing better and bring more variety to the gameplay.

The sneak animation has changed, Agent 47 will kill more gracefully.

May or may not be the official cover

RIP

:twisted:

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts

Keep in mind the Instinct System is only on the easy setting and completely optional.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GeneralShowzer

Keep in mind the Instinct System is only on the easy setting and completely optional.

ithilgore2006
The only thing i don't like is these smaller sandboxes. Most of Hitman was one big level and getting to your targets unnoticed and disguised.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Wow don't overreact or anything :P
Avatar image for deactivated-635601fd996cc
deactivated-635601fd996cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Member since 2009 • 4381 Posts
LOL, that cover pic spoof is epic
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

lulz great thread.

Anyways i'll definitely wait to see more. But yaa doesn't sound too good right now.

Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

I want larger sandboxes. The best part of Hitman is finding new ways to do the mission. I just introduced my girlfriend to Hitman this year, and she enjoyed the assassinations far more than the ones in Assassin's Creed because of the freedom offered.

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

Splinter Cell Conviction was great so if hitman is copying it than that's good.

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
[QUOTE="ithilgore2006"]

GeneralShowzer
The only thing i don't like is these smaller sandboxes. Most of Hitman was one big level and getting to your targets unnoticed and disguised.

As long as they are detailed and with countless ways to do the mission, i don't mind. My favourite and most played Blood Money mission, A New Life, is the smallest level in the game.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GeneralShowzer
[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="ithilgore2006"]

ithilgore2006

As long as they are detailed and with countless ways to do the mission, i don't mind. My favourite and most played Blood Money mission, A New Life, is the smallest level in the game.

You can do that mission In so many ways...I hope Absolution allows those possibilities.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 locopatho
[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="ithilgore2006"]

ithilgore2006

Yup my favourite too! Clown with a knife sneaking around...
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GeneralShowzer
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="ithilgore2006"][QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] The only thing i don't like is these smaller sandboxes. Most of Hitman was one big level and getting to your targets unnoticed and disguised.

I poisoned the doughnuts of the FBI agent. :)
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 locopatho
[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="ithilgore2006"] As long as they are detailed and with countless ways to do the mission, i don't mind. My favourite and most played Blood Money mission, A New Life, is the smallest level in the game.

Use ether on the daughters panties, a guard comes in and sniffs them and passes out, you get his unifrom 8)
stevoqwerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 stevoqwerty
Member since 2006 • 4029 Posts

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="locopatho"] Yup my favourite too! Clown with a knife sneaking around...locopatho

Use ether on the daughters panties, a guard comes in and sniffs them and passes out, you get his unifrom 8)

Oh the memories, so much small details they put into that game.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#16 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts
Ah, I remember planting remote explosives in some smoking guy's briefcase outside White House. Right as the briefcase goes through check point? Kaboom!
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

a game updates itself to keep with current trends and advancements in gameplay..so its casual.

only on SW.

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
Haha. Love the spoof art. Dat controlla!
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

"David Bateson will not be returning as Agent 47"

"Jesper Kyd will not do the soundtrack"

s

Whether the game is casualised or whatever is none of my concern.

Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#20 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts
Funniest thread in a long time. Whoever did that box cover mockup deserves an award....classic.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Let's get this straight, there is nothing wrong with some streamlining or adding something like a cover system to make the character look like he's interacting with the environment. The Hitman series has never been the most graceful out there in terms of UI and design.

However what I'm reading is a real downgrade from what Hitman should be. It seems like it's going to be much more linear, going to have only one or two ways to approach every situation, will have a nice big "A to kill" when you sneak up on everybody. Doesn't sound good.

milannoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 milannoir
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

[QUOTE="ithilgore2006"][QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] The only thing i don't like is these smaller sandboxes. Most of Hitman was one big level and getting to your targets unnoticed and disguised.GeneralShowzer

You can do that mission In so many ways...I hope Absolution allows those possibilities.

Yeah, that's really the key point : whatever they mess up, if you can still try a hundred different ways of fulfilling a contract, then I'm good. That's the main reason why I like Hitman.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
I'd just like to know about the social stealth and sandbox approach to levels. The stuff that made Blood Money a brilliant game.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Another great game genre ruined by casuals. Every game has to be a gears clone. Got ya.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GeneralShowzer

I'd just like to know about the social stealth and sandbox approach to levels. The stuff that made Blood Money a brilliant game.skrat_01
Well, nothing is 100% certain but some people have played the game, and some of the moderators on the forums are working on the game too. There will be a stealth and an action option to everything. On the highest difficulty stealth is required. There will be linear levels and sandbox levels, however the sandboxes will be smaller so they can be more focused and they will be split on checkpoints. Which is wrong if you ask me, the number of save games depending on the difficulty on levels that could last to an hour was important in Hitman.
However what I'm reading is a real downgrade from what Hitman should be. It seems like it's going to be much more linear, going to have only one or two ways to approach every situation, will have a nice big "A to kill" when you sneak up on everybody. Doesn't sound good.

Wasdie

Yeah, something like this. They say the game will allow you options though, I think at certain moments we can still see a Hitman like before, even if it's adjusted for more casual audiences. The RIP was for drama :P.

Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts

I ****** hate it when ****** devs include ****** cover system in every ****** TPS game.

Cover system only makes TPSs slower.Look at Max payne 1/2.Amazing fast paced action games.They are better than modern TPSs because they don't have cover.WHY must devs include cover in EVERY TPS!?!:evil:

Btw did you make those pics in OP yourself?:P

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GeneralShowzer

I ****** hate it when ****** devs include ****** cover system in every ****** TPS game.

Cover system only makes TPSs slower.Look at Max payne 1/2.Amazing fast paced action games.They are better than modern TPSs because they don't have cover.WHY must devs include cover in EVERY TPS!?!:evil:

Btw did you make those pics in OP yourself?:P

call_of_duty_10

No.I can't really credit anyone as I don't know who made the cover. They really thought of everything, it's hilarious. The other one is the main menu from Blood Money. How fitting.

There is another one in the thread on the official forum, with connection to Batman AA. But it's too raunchy for gamespot.

Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts

smaller levels... just what a game needs to improve it

CB4McGusto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CB4McGusto
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts
This abomination doesn't come remotely close to the death of the Ninja Gaiden series. Go look at E3 gameplay of NG3 to see what I'm talking about, but be warned you may not recover from what you see!!!!!!! Heavenly Ninja Gaiden of War 3 am confirmed.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
Yea this game keeps getting worse and worse. I'm smelling a pass.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GeneralShowzer
Yea this game keeps getting worse and worse. I'm smelling a pass.millerlight89
Well we don't know everything yet. For all the crap Conviction has it was still pretty enjoyable if we ignore the previous games. This might be enjoyable too. It's pretty stupid this takes pointers from Conviction though, and we still won't have a real stealth franchise.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 millerlight89
[QUOTE="millerlight89"]Yea this game keeps getting worse and worse. I'm smelling a pass.GeneralShowzer
Well we don't know everything yet. For all the crap Conviction has it was still pretty enjoyable if we ignore the previous games. This might be enjoyable too. It's pretty stupid this takes pointers from Conviction though, and we still won't have a real stealth franchise.

Yea Conviction was fun, but it was really hard for me to forget how I use to play Sam Fisher. Now it starting to look like Agent 47 has become a freaking psychic who can see where people will walk :o. I just have a bad feeling this game is going to be super linear, and that is not Hitman. Hopefully my fears won't come true.
outatime557

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 outatime557
Member since 2011 • 266 Posts

I'm really not liking the linearity, that alone will cause massive changes/damage to the traditional Hitman experience. Granted, an experience that were ridiculously hard for the average impatient casual gamer to get into, but none the less. After all, the freedom of choice and the complete openness of the games were what defined the Hitman games in the first place. That's the single most important aspect that made Codename 47 catch on, and now they're basically abandoning it altogether. Way to go.

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

This makesme really sad.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

As long as it has amazing graphics I dont care. I hope I get to shoot at people a lot in this game. I didnt like the other Hitman games because I had to be slow and silent which is dumb. I want to just pull out a chainsaw and own some noobz.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
Not liking some of this, but I'm gonna keep an open mind.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#37 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

I'm disappointed that David Bateson and Jeper Kyd aren't returning, and I also don't much like the smaller sandboxes or instinct/slowing down time.

That said, I don't understand what the big deal with a cover system is. Would you rather get involved in an awkward non cover shootout if you are exposed? Or would you rather not deal with being able to stealthily look around corners to check out your targets? Its just a really dumb thing to be upset about.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

Hitman was a solid game, but lets not act like it was some impressive stealth experience. ;)

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 millerlight89

Hitman was a solid game, but lets not act like it was some impressive stealth experience. ;)

tagyhag
It was an awesome Stealth experience. So, people have every right to be upset at these moves.
RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

millerlight89

It was an awesome Stealth experience. So, people have every right to be upset at these moves.

Indeed it was. There were so many possibilities to complete the assassinations, with lots of explorarion, observation and interactivity. Unfotunately it seens too much for today's dumb gamers (at least it's how the industry sees newer gamers).

I'm seriously losing my last bit of faith in mainstream gaming.

LordSadic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LordSadic
Member since 2010 • 298 Posts

That said, I don't understand what the big deal with a cover system is. Would you rather get involved in an awkward non cover shootout if you are exposed? Or would you rather not deal with being able to stealthily look around corners to check out your targets? Its just a really dumb thing to be upset about.

SPYDER0416

In fact it would help to improve the "Hitman" formula even more, since most of the game its all about meticulously observe your surroundings.

Why is people disappointed at the lack of Jesper Kyd, we already knew he was sticking to the Assassins Creed Series.

FatSlasH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FatSlasH
Member since 2005 • 509 Posts

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

LordSadic

In fact it would help to improve the "Hitman" formula even more, since most of the game its all about meticulously observe your surroundings.

Why is people dissapointed at the lack of Jesper Kyd, we already knew he was sticking to the Assassins Creed Series.

I'm also for cover system. Problem is when developers add cover system it's never just that, a whole lot of dumbing down usually follows.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

I want larger sandboxes. The best part of Hitman is finding new ways to do the mission. I just introduced my girlfriend to Hitman this year, and she enjoyed the assassinations far more than the ones in Assassin's Creed because of the freedom offered.

Kickinurass
Your girlfriend is clearly awesome.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GeneralShowzer
[QUOTE="Kickinurass"]

dommeus

Girl Gamer Plays something else than The Sims. Never met a single one. Don't think they exist.
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
I hope the changes make the gameplay way less clunky than previous entries.
Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

[QUOTE="dommeus"][QUOTE="Kickinurass"]

GeneralShowzer

Girl Gamer Plays something else than The Sims. Never met a single one. Don't think they exist.

Lol. Apparently she is getting better.. she just sent me this. I think it's from Infamous...

Your girl owning the video games =]

photo.JPG

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#47 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
having smaller levels for the sake of controlling pacing seems very CoD to me. i guess ill wait for more information, but the new details sound awful so far.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
If everything in the OP is true.. :cry:
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 millerlight89

[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="tagyhag"]

RyuRanVII

Indeed it was. There were so many possibilities to complete the assassinations, with lots of explorarion, observation and interactivity. Unfotunately it seens too much for today's dumb gamers (at least it's how the industry sees newer gamers).

I'm seriously losing my last bit of faith in mainstream gaming.

It's kind of like mainstream music. There was a time when mainstream wasn't a bad thing, but now it marks the death of franchises. :lol: @ dumb gamers. It's really sad, but so true.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 millerlight89
Man just a couple of weeks ago we were all so stoked for this. Then they started releasing the news. Yay for the current state of gaming :P