uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59067 Posts

Hitman 2 is a game critically praised but commercially poor.

To cement it's failure, a presumably final piece of DLC has been released.

Summer might be on the way out, but Agent 47 will be enjoying a bout of sun, sea, sand, and sneaky stealth slaughter next week, with the arrival of Hitman 2's latest - and final - DLC sandbox location, the Malidives resort of Haven Island.

According to developer IO Interactive's latest blog post, Agent 47 will, following recent events at the Milton-Fitzpatrick bank in New York, be soaking up the tropical heat in disguise as a guest at the privately owned resort - apparently also the headquarters of an organisation known as Haven, the world's "premiere reputation management service".

Alongside the location itself, Hitman's Maldives DLC will feature a new campaign mission, The Last Resort, which sets players the task of eliminating three targets before making their escape. It also brings full Contracts Mode support, over 75 new challenges, 20 levels of Location Mastery, five new Location Master unlocks (four "new and unique items" and a "stylish new suit"), plus seven new Trophies and Achievements.

Hitman 2's Haven Island DLC concludes the game's expansion pass, and will be available on PC, Xbox One, and PS4 from Tuesday, 24th September. For those players that don't want to splash out £32-ish (depending on where you buy it) for Hitman 2's expansion pass, Haven Island will, if past releases are any indication, be available on its own for around £10.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

Meh, I stop caring for Hitman right after Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment went stupid and got too damn greedy at it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59067 Posts

@davillain- said:

Meh, I stop caring for Hitman right after Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment went stupid and got too damn greedy at it.

Yes, they screwed themselves with a dumbass business model.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#4 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I'll probably buy Hitman 2 once all of the game is compete and on sale just like Hitman 2016 I just hate paying for episodes.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

I saw a documentary from good ol' Danny O'dwyer who used to work here at Gamespot.

The devs said that IO is in a pretty good state atm, and apparently Square Enix was really nice to them. If this would've been EA or Activision IO would've been closed.

Hitman 1&2 look like really good games and I should play them.

Metallic_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Metallic_Blade
Member since 2005 • 565 Posts

Having you required to be connected to the internet just to have weapon/gadget unlocks in a Single-playergame says things about them enough.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#7 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

I saw a documentary from good ol' Danny O'dwyer who used to work here at Gamespot.

The devs said that IO is in a pretty good state atm, and apparently Square Enix was really nice to them. If this would've been EA or Activision IO would've been closed.

Hitman 1&2 look like really good games and I should play them.

I have one and it is a great Hitman game.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@davillain- said:

Yes, they screwed themselves with a dumbass business model.

Indeed.

It is a very fun version of Hitman. I had a blast with 'both' games.

It really should have been a single platform that they kept adding to, but they made it really janky. It's difficult to combine all the levels and your progress doesn't transfer over. Plus H2 breaks parts of the H1 levels (maybe fixed?). A shame.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

It did poorly because it was poorly optimized. Had memory leak issues on launch. Few bugs here and there and cutscenes were downgraded. Plus it was too short. Like 2 to 3 hours long at best.