High hopes for Darksiders 3?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

uninspiredcup  Online

Poll High hopes for Darksiders 3? (47 votes)

Yes, insta-buy 21%
Wait and see 53%
Who gives a shit 26%

Darksiders was a video game. It had a sequel.

Some folk went under, we fought it was dead, and now it's coming back again. Apparently with a lower budget. A short trailer was shown. It had a woman. She hit stuff. Jumps things. It is very short and attempts to have an epic "omg", bu

Will you be buying this at release date?

-

I loved 2, but I will hold off. Got DMC collection, Bay 1/2 so no immediate need.

• 
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

I really thought I was going to love the first one, I didn't. Played the second for quite a while then lost interest.

For the poll; I voted option 3. :P

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

Nah. DS1 and 2 may be solid games, but I don't like them.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

I'll play it when it's cheap

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

Never played the first, 2 was garbage, if 3 delivers I'll play it.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

I enjoyed 1 and 2 but both were seriously flawed games. I liked the concept of the first one, but couldn't quite grasp the story as to 'why' war was bad/accidentally called upon. Also, the gameplay was really inconsistent, like the devs didn't know what direction to take the level design in. It got a lot more fun once you unlocked Ruin (the horse), but you'd have some dungeons that were like zelda with good design, and others that were straight forward with no interesting aspects to them.

Then the second one came out and I was glad to see the changes they made. More consistent level design, better fighting mechanics, world design was pretty good for it's time. Then as I played through it I found that the world was literally 99% empty, with so few enemies and large empty spaces to walk through unchallenged. Everything felt fairly linear for an open-world concept. I really wanted to like it more, but it was very average.

This one, I'll wait and see. If the reviews say it's good, i'll get it, if not, i'll pick it up from the cheap bin years later (not like it hasn't been years already since the last one).

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

I wish, i wish, hoping no in vain ^^

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

im excited for it darksiders 2 was a lot of fun

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Why did i get Battleborn vibes from this?

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

My expectations are very low.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

never heard of it until just now

is it actually a game or just a CGI movie?

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#11 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Eh. Nice to see, but not super excited.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

I really liked the first one, but it was heavily flawed. Especially technically, but also conceptually the dungeons felt like a poor mans Zelda at times.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Yes I want. but the problem with these games are that they are overly looong.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#14 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

yea I really like DS1 and 2, so I'm pretty interested in this one

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

For those not in the know: Darksiders is basically patterned after Zelda (dungeons where you obtain an item that you use to solve puzzles) with a sprinkling of God Of War (combat is certainly more flashy, at the very least).

I found the first Darksiders good, in spite of its animated metal stylings. I couldn't commit myself to more than the introductory portion of Darksiders II, but I never caught myself loving any specific portion of it. So gun to my head, I'm not overtly interested in DS3 but I'd contemplate a short playthrough if it ends up good. I'd be lying if I said I anticipated a third entry.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Thought the first was alright with no staying power. Second bored me to tears. This is a no from me. A big no.

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rafaelmsoares
Member since 2018 • 657 Posts

@Sgt_Crow said:

I really liked the first one, but it was heavily flawed. Especially technically, but also conceptually the dungeons felt like a poor mans Zelda at times.

Well... that's all it was anyway. A poor mans Zelda with God of War gameplay

That being said, I'll probably play it if it's an improved 1... as it was really solid. (2 was shit)

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

I have the first two games, really enjoyed the first one but still need to play through the second one some day. I’m kind of taking a wait and see approach.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#19 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

I love the franchise, but I am not really feeling the Fury character. I will buy it though if they deliver a quality game.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

Played the demo for 1, was underwhelmed. Got some enjoyment from 2 but I feel like it's a jack of all trades and master of none. Haven't been able to finish it.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7264 Posts

Hope it turns out well. I'm always down for a good action puzzle platformer. The series is good, but the second game couldn't quite deliver on it's ambitions. If they scale things back to the level of resources available, the third game could turn out great.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I played the first two. The graphics were awful, the story hilarious (in a bad way) and the gameplay a mix between really good (combat in both, loot system in the second) and absolutely awful with really tedious puzzle sections where the challenge wasn't figuring out what to do but how to combat the appalling camera system so you could get the thing over with.

I don't think these devs make good games. People compare them to Zelda (I have hardly played Zelda games so I don't know) and I think if that's true how the **** did Zelda ever become popular?

I expect the third to be another mix of good combat with terribly executed game mechanics and shit graphics. So yeah, hype pretty low here lol.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

DS1 was solid and a bit underappreciated. DS2 was so-so. It was still okay. Hope DS3 is better than 2 tho.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

2 was a bit too long, but otherwise good. Excited to see a next gen one.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

I liked the games on last gen.

But on this gen there are already too many games where you battle thru endless amount of demons. So a new Darksiders would not feel very interesting. In fact, it looks like HZD clone...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

hoping for the best, I'll buy it day 1 or 2 (no pre-order, though :P ) depending on critical reception. Even if the game is a 6/10 I think I will get it.

Darksiders 1 and 2 were both incredibly fun, and I really love the lore, the comic-book aesthetic, and the characters.

I'm not sure I am 100% sold on this specific horseman, the whole mean-vixen babe thing doesn't do much for me. I like the whip idea, though, there are a lot of combat combinations you can do with that (I would imagine).

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

I'm surprised to see so much negativity for this series?

I absolutely love the first game, the combat was really fun, the visuals were great, and War was a badass character. The story was also interesting and original.

The second game I really enjoyed also, but just not as much. I did like all the dungeons and side quest, the loot system was fun, the combat wasn't as good though IMO.

Looking forward to the third game, the devs already said it's going to be more focused like the first game, which is good as it was one of my favorite games last gen.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Funny thing is, prior to Breath Of The Wild combat in Zelda was totally pointless. And the vast majority of trials in Breath Of The Wild have 0 combat, they are essentially a room from Portal.

Yet here we are, Zelda with far better combat, a hack and slash style game that actually has an ok'sih story. Diablo style loot where some form of skill is actually involved. A direct sequel that expanded upon the original in significant ways.

Yet... people praise mediocre controls/combat after 3 games shit like the Witcher 3, and God Of War as a huge "reinvention".

Kusimeka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Kusimeka
Member since 2007 • 419 Posts

I liked the first one a lot, didn't even finish the 2nd one. I don't like how they removed a lot of the Zelda elements, also the random loot was horrid and felt out of place in the game.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@Kusimeka: What Zelda elements did they remove from the second game? If anything it added more Zelda.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

I'm a big fan of Darksiders, I think the best description is God of War combat with Zelda exploration... Honestly I couldn't help being reminded of Zelda when played God of War too.

Darksiders III was something I really wanted, and I'm happy that Nordic seems bend on keeping these franchises alive.

Only what I saw in alpha looked very underwhelming. Put it back in the oven and show it again when there's something awesome.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
OniLordAsmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By OniLordAsmodeus
Member since 2010 • 381 Posts

Played both, loved both. Didn't think DS3 would EVER happen, so I'm supporting this one off top. Can wait! One of my most anticipated titles of the year.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#33 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

Day 1 for me, waaaaaay to excited to wait.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

Never liked the first game and then I lost interest.

Kusimeka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Kusimeka
Member since 2007 • 419 Posts

@vfighter said:

@Kusimeka: What Zelda elements did they remove from the second game? If anything it added more Zelda.

It's been years since I played, but I believe it was the dungeon layouts and general method of how you progress through the game.

Darksiders 1 had a dungeon, puzzles, an item in each one and a boss at the end. I don't remember the 2nd being like that, it was more areas you just go through like a GoW title. The level design just wasn't as good IMO, and the abundance of loot just felt out of place.

I just remember not liking it and being very let down, finished the 1st one three times and couldn't finish the 2nd one even once.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#36  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@Kusimeka said:
@vfighter said:

It's been years since I played, but I believe it was the dungeon layouts and general method of how you progress through the game.

Darksiders 1 had a dungeon, puzzles, an item in each one and a boss at the end. I don't remember the 2nd being like that, it was more areas you just go through like a GoW title. The level design just wasn't as good IMO, and the abundance of loot just felt out of place.

I just remember not liking it and being very let down, finished the 1st one three times and couldn't finish the 2nd one even once.

First one was more focused and higher quality overall. They have learned from the feedback of the second game.

This is a cool video with interviews of the original creators and some of the guys who have been there since the beginning and are now working on Darksiders 3 at Gunfire Games.

Loading Video...

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

At this point I'll buy any third person action game. I'm sick to death of fps and open world empty games.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7231 Posts

I didn't play either game so I'll probably pass on this.