Hideo konami didnot liked last of us 2 part.

• 92 results
UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 1476 Posts

Who tf is Hideo Konami?

netracing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 netracing
Member since 2018 • 256 Posts

I don't know if I would rate his opinion over anyone else tbh as I found his product to be abysmal.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1666 Posts

I follow Hideo Kojima on twitter and he has not said anything about The Last of Us Part 2.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 3943 Posts

LMAo at all the anti-SJW trolls. They are siding with Kojima here because they 'think' he didn't like TLOU2 but just while ago they were attacking him because he cited DS's inspiration came from Brexit and Trump's US. Hypocrites.

If anything Kojima is a progressive, globalist and anti-war person. You can't piggy back him for your views.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 46928 Posts

@wervenom said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@wervenom said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@wervenom said:

Druckman thinks the women in Kojima games need more muscle.

I wonder what Druckmann thinks of Quiet.

Loading Video...

Not a fan.

You can tell what an idiot he is when he calls video game characters role models.

Yep hes a pretentious egomaniac that thinks hes changing the world for the better. Hopefully this new HBO deal and all the hate hes getting inspires him to do something else not associated with Playstation.

Yeah, I'm tired of people trying to make video games mean something significant for society.

Not saying a video game can't accomplish something great, I just think if you're trying to make society a better place it shouldn't be through video games.

Video games are an outlet for most people, an escape from reality. We have the majority of our waking lives to be good people, let us indulge in our id when we play video games.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 1124 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Kojima is probably jealous of TLOU2 sales figures compared to Death Stranding.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#58 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 40126 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Yeah, I'm tired of people trying to make video games mean something significant for society.

Not saying a video game can't accomplish something great, I just think if you're trying to make society a better place it shouldn't be through video games.

Video games are an outlet for most people, an escape from reality. We have the majority of our waking lives to be good people, let us indulge in our id when we play video games.

Whether you like it or not, video games like every other entertainment has an effect on the players. And, just like every other form of entertainment it can be used to make society better or worse. You stating that it shouldn't is very shortsighted and detached from reality.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#59 pyro1245  Online
Member since 2003 • 6317 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@pyro1245 said:
@hardwenzen said:

I want to hear his reasoning for not liking it. Wonder if its the same dumbass reason most people in here dislike the game for.

For the most part I've seen people saying it's the best game play in a ND game of this style. Most people who dislike the game do so because of the story.

I'm sure there are trolls who will complain about agendas, but they don't matter and should be ignored.

I see a bunch of people giving it a 3/10 or even lower. It can't be for the story alone. Like how the f can a game lose 7 points for a bad story when everything is so damn polished.

Maybe story is worth 7 points for that person. lol.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 216

#60 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 14731 Posts

@nepu7supastar7: Almost every Metal Gear game has more gameplay depth than Naughty Dog games. Even Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, an old 8-bit game from 1990, has more gameplay depth than Naughty Dog games. But with that said, the gameplay in ND games are still decent, but relatively shallow compared to Metal Gear gameplay.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#61  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 5878 Posts

@Jag85:

"Almost every Metal Gear game has more gameplay depth than Naughty Dog games."

-No.

" Even Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, an old 8-bit game from 1990, has more gameplay depth than Naughty Dog games."

ROFLMAO 😂 Not even close to being true! I don't remember seeing any craft systems and weapon upgrade systems in MGS 8-bit, do you? Must've missed that! And how about all those intense firefights where you could shoot from ledges and land crazy elbow drops from up high and catch guns in mid air? No? .......cuz it never happened in MGS? Didn't think so.

The only MGS games that were even remotely fun to play were 4 and Phantom Pain. The rest were basic af.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5539 Posts

"Hideo konami didnot liked last of us 2 part"

Should this worry me ?

Btw Hideo, you owe me 3 hours of my time, I tried to like Death Stranding but it didn't happen.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 7419 Posts

@wervenom: So fit women with revealing clothes is bad, but a juicy roid freak "woman" is a good role model? Ha!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 26478 Posts

For someone who doesn't like Sony games, you sure love to talk about them.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 7419 Posts

@mamwomen: Death Stranding was ignored??????????

Death Stranding was the most hyped, the most discussed AND most winning GOTY of 2019.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 15345 Posts

Coming from the man that made Death Stranding, I'll take this critique as a compliment to Naughty Dog.

MamWomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 MamWomen
Member since 2020 • 106 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

@mamwomen: Death Stranding was ignored??????????

Death Stranding was the most hyped, the most discussed AND most winning GOTY of 2019.

It sold like poo, 1.5 million copies.

WeRVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#68  Edited By WeRVenom
Member since 2020 • 479 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

@wervenom: So fit women with revealing clothes is bad, but a juicy roid freak "woman" is a good role model? Ha!

Apparently!

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 PC_Rocks

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@Jag85:

-No.

" Even Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, an old 8-bit game from 1990, has more gameplay depth than Naughty Dog games."

ROFLMAO 😂 Not even close to being true! I don't remember seeing any craft systems and weapon upgrade systems in MGS 8-bit, do you? Must've missed that! And how about all those intense firefights where you could shoot from ledges and land crazy elbow drops from up high and catch guns in mid air? No? .......cuz it never happened in MGS? Didn't think so.

The only MGS games that were even remotely fun to play were 4 and Phantom Pain. The rest were basic af.

Ummmmmmmm....what? The thing you're describing is run of the mill garbage basic mechanic. Actually it's not even a mechanics but what you described is a pre-calculated animation being played. Learn what mechanical and gameplay depth means. None of ND games allow any kind of player expression.

I'm saying this as a person who hates Kojima and his games prior to MGS 5/4 but that is for different reason. All MGS games have ample room for player expression.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#70 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 14788 Posts

@pc_rocks said:
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@Jag85:

-No.

Ummmmmmmm....what? The thing you're describing is run of the mill garbage basic mechanic. Actually it's not even a mechanics but what you described is a pre-calculated animation being played. Learn what mechanical and gameplay depth means. None of ND games allow any kind of player expression.

I'm saying this as a person who hates Kojima and his games prior to MGS 5/4 but that is for different reason. All MGS games have ample room for player expression.

I still wanted MGS4 remastered on PC, MGS5 was insanely boring.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 nepu7supastar7

@pc_rocks:

If you supposedly know what gameplay depth means then why don't you just say it? Enlighten me. Uncharted and Last of Us give us plenty of room to approach encounters differently. Not everyone has the same play style.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 VFighter  Online
Member since 2016 • 6912 Posts

Thread backfire lol, wow this site is just turning into one gigantic dumpster fire of stupid lately.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 3901 Posts

Go home OP, you're drunk.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Techhog89
@jasonofa36 said:

@uninspiredcup: Definitely the second one. Social media managers exist.

It's not even an official page. This is just some random fanboy.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 12638 Posts

TLOU2 was pretty bad.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 PC_Rocks

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@pc_rocks:

If you supposedly know what gameplay depth means then why don't you just say it? Enlighten me. Uncharted and Last of Us give us plenty of room to approach encounters differently. Not everyone has the same play style.

No, they didn't. You have at best a binary approach of Stealth (which it self is ******g basic and bad) or the fire fights and at worst nothing at all. The enemy AI is extremely dumb, not to mention the gunplay it self is the shittiest of the shittiest bunch.

The encounters themselves are few and far between at least in UC4, haven't played TLOU 2 but TLOU sucked in the encounter design so I'm sure it wouldn't have improved much over UC4.

As always, all ND games are propped up by production values, take it away and they will fall flat on their face. The same can't be said for many other games and MGS especially MGS V definitely falls into that category.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#77 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 14788 Posts

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@pc_rocks:

Loading Video...

No, It didnot. barely even a game.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 PC_Rocks

@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

I still wanted MGS4 remastered on PC, MGS5 was insanely boring.

Because you don't have any imagination to experiment with gameplay systems and we all know that you secretly loves watching cinematics and waifus in games.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Jag85

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@Jag85:

-No.

Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake way back in 1990 had a non-linear Metroidvania-style level design. In comparison, Naughty Dog level designs are linear AF. MG2 also had better stealth mechanics and puzzle design that occasionally require thinking outside the box. In comparison, ND's stealth mechanics and puzzles are basic AF. MG2 also gave you options in whether to take an action or stealth approach, different ways to avoid enemy detection, and the bosses were more unique and tactical (with each boss having their own special abilities and requiring different tactics). Even an old 8-bit Metal Gear game did these things better than ND games.

In terms of combat options and gameplay flexibility, there still aren't any Naughty Dog games that come close to what MGS2 did back in 2001. MGS2 already let you do most of that stuff, and a lot more. It let you shoot from ledges, land on top of enemies from up high, gave you options in whether to take an action or stealth approach, holding-up and interrogating enemies, you could shoot an enemy's radio before he calls for back up, hiding in lockers, the enemy squads working together in seeking you out, etc. Same goes for MGS3, which also added a crafting system, CQC melee combat mechanics, more advanced interrogation mechanics, survival mechanics, etc. And LOL at thinking RPG-style weapon upgrades add gameplay depth.

The only things ND games do better than the old MGS games (before MGS4) are the shooting mechanics. Given that ND borrowed its shooting and cover mechanics from TPS games like RE4, Kill Switch and Gears of War. However, its cover system doesn't have anymore depth than MGS 2-3,

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 6877 Posts

Druckmann's envy of Kojima is obvious. He'll never be on that level and it bothers the hell out of him.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#81 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 16663 Posts

I'm hesitant to get The Last of Us 2 ... too many questionable choices in both gameplay and story ... but with that being said ... i would rather play that game over boring hipster walking sim.

Crazy_Chemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Crazy_Chemist
Member since 2020 • 133 Posts

Do people really care about that mouse turd? Yeah, i liked metal gear games, they were fun but thats about it for me. I think kojima may suffer from depression, because there is always sone soap opra drama with him.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 nepu7supastar7

@Jag85:

So basically you chose brand loyalty over facts. That's okay. I don't know why I always end up getting into these stupid discussions with Sony haters but I just wanna say: Don't believe in the hate-filled band wagon. I actually prefer Tomb Raider over Uncharted still but I know a great, fun game when I see one and Naughty Dog makes objectively amazing games that are superior to MGS in terms of gameplay.

I love MGS too though and I still play them from time to time but I'm not going to pretend like it was actually more fun than Uncharted or Last of Us 2. More interesting for sure, and it had very gripping storytelling. But it's the same story as Silent Hill. Fantastic stories with dull gameplay.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Techhog89

Why is this thread still open? IT'S A FAN PAGE! ITHAS NOTHING TO DO WITH KOJIMA WHATSOEVER!

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Jag85

@nepu7supastar7: The objective facts have already been given to you, including breakdowns of the gameplay mechanics, level design, puzzle design, linearity, flexibility, player expression, etc. In each of these areas, MGS games are considerably deeper than ND games. You can take any random MGS game (or even the 8-bit Metal Gear 2), and have multiple repeat playthroughs that play differently almost every time. That's what you call depth and flexibility. Whereas with ND games, they're relatively linear games with only one way to play through them, and thus no real incentive for repeat playthroughs. Which makes their gameplay relatively shallow compared to MGS. The only gameplay aspects which ND games do better than the early MGS games (before MGS4) are more user-friendly controls (compared to MGS 2-3, which aren't an issue once you get used to them) and improved shooting mechanics (as I already mentioned), and that's pretty much it.

For the record, I have no brand loyalty to any of the current console manufacturers (but am still loyal to Sega even though they're out of the game), and have nothing against Sony. I've defended Sony games before against accusations that they're just "movie games" and have argued that they have decent gameplay with competent mechanics. But your claim that ND gameplay comes anywhere close to the depth and flexibility of MGS gameplay is ridiculous and downright absurd. Just because you find something more "fun" to play, that does not make the gameplay any "deeper". You need to learn to differentiate subjective preferences from the objective facts.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 nepu7supastar7

@Jag85:

Well, according to you, there's only ONE way to play ND games. That's not entirely true and there are plenty of approaches you can take in Uncharted and Last of Us that use stealth, precision and fast thinking. You don't really have to go guns blazing like a maniac just because you saw one person do it on YouTube. That's what you're not weighing in. You're only taking MGS' perspective into account. Which is not wrong in itself.

Frankly, I wish I had your enthusiasm when I played MGS. It would've definitely helped me through those long trenches where I sneak past bases and bases of enemies. Maybe there is some fun to be had, I dunno. But from what you said, you actually got me curious. Also, I think fun factor should definitely be taken into account. Because if you're not having fun, you're not going to bother playing strategically.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
mclarenmaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#87 mclarenmaster18
Member since 2014 • 3059 Posts

For The Last Of Us 2, looks too terrifying and Death Stranding is too weird so I've boycotted them both.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 18794 Posts

@nepu7supastar7:

I get you prefer NDs stuff, all good.

But MGS games having far more depth and flexibility to their systems is just a fact. An easily demonstrable one at that.

Enemies individually have far more possible game states, both in their own patrolling, combat, and search procedures and in ways they can be directly influenced by the player. Be it various forms of distraction, injury, two forms of unconsciousness (that unfold into their own rule sets), cut off communications, hunger infliction (that can be manipulated into food poisoning or used as sound detection from their grumbling stomachs), munitions depletion, poison, fear, confusion... shit, even horny is a possible state lol.

Just an example here. If you want to, you can hold an enemy up at gun point, take what they have, destroy their radio, strap explosives to their backs, force them to lay face down with their hands on their head and use them as a trap. Or, if his buddies are further away, leave him standing upright and back away slowly while out of their field of vision. The guard won't immediately know you left and his squad will recognize the issue and come running from a further distance.

Something more obscure, you can destroy enemy food supplies, then in later sections lure hungry enemies to spoiled food you've scattered.

If you want to go way out there with goofy MGS things, you can acquire the Pain camo which allows hornet taming, optic camo which makes you invisible and walk through the jungle as a swarm of hornets chasing off patrols.

Could really write pages on enemy game states alone and what can be done with them, it's pretty wild. Far beyond what any ND games offer in that regard.

And to layer it even further a lot of those micro states can play out differently under four distinct macro states; Alert > Evasion > Caution > Undetected. While ND games have something similar, it's a far more binary approach with significantly less range in enemy behavior.

MGSV takes all that a step further by not only giving enemies the ability to scale up their equipment throughout the game, but also having enemies equip specific gear to counter any tactics the player has been abusing. Revenge System if you're interested, there's a lot to it.

Then of course you have weather offering varying degrees of influence on player characters and enemies throughout the series.

Anyways, that's just a brief overview on the enemy side of things. Mechanically the difference between most MGS and ND games is even greater. Even if only talking MGS default kit, when all tools are taken into account the difference is staggering. And that's not even getting into the various systems that exist outside of the core mechanics. Or the more obscure mechanics like making yourself vomit, faking your death, making yourself pass out, using a cardboard box as a makeshift sled, etc. (each with legitimate uses in game).

I'm sure you don't want to read another novel sized post of me detailing those aspects, but if you're not convinced I sure will lol.

Again, nothing wrong with preference. You prefer ND stuff, plenty of people do. But to say they have as much going on in their gameplay as MGS is flat out false. Would be like saying Streets of Rage has the same combo potential as DMC... which is like no, it's not even remotely close lol.

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@Jag85:

Well, according to you, there's only ONE way to play ND games.

Of course there is some degree of wiggle room, but it's nowhere near the same.

In MGS games, outside of boss battles and few story forced action sequences, I can ghost my way through the main game. No interaction with any enemies whatsoever. Not even sound distractions. Or, I can go through like Rambo. Or I can say okay, this run I'm going to be stealth but slit everyones throats.

Those are rigid examples obviously, but the games afford the flexiblity to play out each section significantly different every time.

Conveniently enough, here's a video example of infiltrating a small base in various ways that are completely different in MGSV.

Loading Video...

^

I would love to see a video or series of videos that shows that much flexibility from any section of any ND game.

And while this video is more on the goofy side, it shows some good flexibility in MGS3. Small area, none of the environmental stuff, only using a small percentage of mechanics, tools, and systems in the game. Basically just a miniscule slice of what MGS3 has to offer, but already displays far more flexibility than any ND game.

Loading Video...

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 18794 Posts

Sorry for the monster post lol. That's actually keeping it short. Trying to describe the gameplay elements of just one MGS game is crazy enough.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#90 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 63080 Posts

Kojima did not direct either zone of the Enders game, at best was consulting given his producer status.

Kojimas own resume is strong enough without giving him credit for 2 games that were led by other leads.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 nepu7supastar7

@ConanTheStoner:

I already accepted that being true about MGS. And I also said that I hate how I always end up defending ND games when I don't personally play them all that much. I don't understand why so many people choose to hate on it. They are genuinely great games that are genuinely fun to play. And like all action games, you can make up your own strategies when you're fighting bad guys. And that's what Jag wasn't taking into account. Jag said that there's only one way to play them.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Jag85

@nepu7supastar7: I didn't mean ND gameplay consists entirely of just shooting and nothing else. Of course I know there's variety in the gameplay, like with the platforming sections and survival sections. My point is that, when replaying the game, each replay through the game will ultimately be very similar to the last. Whereas with MGS, as Conan explained, the gameplay can be vastly different with each playthrough. Which provides much greater replay value for MGS games.

Anyway, in a recent interview with Neil Druckmann, he said he's actually a big fan of MGS2, and that the controversial Raiden twist in MGS2 was an inspiration behind the controversial Abby twist in TLOU2. Which isn't really surprising, as many (including myself) had already drawn comparisons between MGS2 and TLOU2 when the leaks dropped. Druckmann was basically trying to pull a Kojima, by playing with audience expectations like that.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1105 Posts

Everyone: How's The Last of Us Part 2?

Kojima: No