Hideo Kojimas megalomania reaches new heights - takes credit for everything, ever

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 37631 Posts

They claim it's a "translation error", but we know the truth. This is a guy who puts his name up whenever humanly possible, self-inserts himself, disregards other peoples work if he isn't involved and gets fired because he thinks he's above the rules.

Let's hope Death Stranding finally humbles him through humiliation.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 214

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 14070 Posts

I hate to be that guy who ruins a good joke, but...

No, Hideo Kojima Is Not Taking All The Credit For Death Stranding

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lizlanier/2019/09/23/no-hideo-kojima-is-not-taking-all-the-credit-for-death-stranding/

Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Subspecies
Member since 2018 • 1191 Posts

Dude does things. Goes online, says he does things.

Foaming-at-the-mouth basement dwellers catch wind of dude saying he does things. Trip over themselves sprinting to the nearest keyboard to complain about it on the internet.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 40536 Posts

Kojima is God!

phbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#5 phbz
Member since 2009 • 5033 Posts

Thou shall not name Kojima... unless is to say how magnificent he is.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By uninspiredcup
@subspecies said:

Foaming-at-the-mouth basement dwellers catch wind of dude saying he does things. Trip over themselves sprinting to the nearest keyboard to complain about it on the internet.

Sadly, practically all evidence leans towards egotism.

Theoretically if it was a mass translation error (for many years), then that's them sprinting to the nearest keyboard, with you Foaming-at-the-mouth in defence for their error.

In many ways this is indictive of the hostile community he's cultivated. A Jesus like figure beyond criticism.

Meanwhile those who toil behind the scenes go unnoticed.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 4380 Posts

yong yea just farming outrage.... nothing of substance here

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 uninspiredcup
@enzyme36 said:

He's defending him.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 enzyme36

@uninspiredcup said:
@enzyme36 said:

He's defending him.

even worse ... this dude is as slimy as they come

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By uninspiredcup
@enzyme36 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@enzyme36 said:

He's defending him.

even worse ... this dude is as slimy as they come

Agreed. He's a well known Kojima fanboy and like TheQuarting, Jim Sterling and similar ilk, happily misrepresent people if it fits a narrative.

Even before this incident we had countless examples of rampant egotism.

Arkhalipso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Arkhalipso
Member since 2006 • 2614 Posts

It seems haters are even more obsessed with Kojima than the cult they claim follows him without question. What a sad life.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 5981 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Yongyea is as slimy as they come? The guys the most inoffensive youtuber out there.

LMAO, what did he do to make you guys so butthurt? Critique a game company you worship?

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#13 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 1511 Posts
Loading Video...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 36441 Posts

While I am not a fan of his, it seems stupid to go after him for this.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 uninspiredcup
@lamprey263 said:

While I am not a fan of his, it seems stupid to go after him for this.

Many people in the gaming industry were offended.

There frustration is arguably justifiable. Games are a team effort with very few actually the work of a single individual.

Seeing "Hideo Kojima" spammed over and over with other self-aggrandizing acts was inevitably going to create a response such as this at one point or another.

Unchecked ego can be at once be a boon as it is a path to disaster, this blip is ultimately a good thing. It raises awareness of a simple fact fanatical fanboys deliberately ignore for a romanticised reality that simply doesn't exist.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 enzyme36

@fedor said:

@uninspiredcup: Yongyea is as slimy as they come? The guys the most inoffensive youtuber out there.

LMAO, what did he do to make you guys so butthurt? Critique a game company you worship?

I actually wrote that... last time I gave you examples of why I think a youtuber is slimy you just ignored me. Not wasting my time again. We get it.... he is a huge CD project red fan and so are you, enjoy his content. I aint clicking.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Fedor

@enzyme36: Cup agreed with you, that's why I asked him. He won't answer though since he's a parody account. I already know why you dont like him, you're a F76 mark.

"Little commentary youtuber bad, critiqued game I adore, me angry."

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 enzyme36

@fedor said:

@enzyme36: Cup agreed with you, that's why I asked him. He won't answer though since he's a parody account. I already know why you dont like him, you're a F76 mark.

A mark? I got that shit in my banner and avatar, nothing to hide here. Everyone was ripping on 76 and still are. Id have to cancel youtube if I hated all the people who made a video whining ragging on 76.

This ones just particularly duchy, makes blanket statements, and will stir the pot on any topic he thinks will anger up some clicks. Not sure what the appeal is unless you enjoy outraging... the outrage farmer.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Fedor

@enzyme36 said:
@fedor said:

A mark? I got that shit in my banner and avatar, nothing to hide here. Everyone was ripping on 76 and still are. Id have to cancel youtube if I hated all the people who made a video whining ragging on 76.

This ones just particularly duchy, makes blanket statements, and will stir the pot on any topic he thinks will anger up some clicks. Not sure what the appeal is unless you enjoy outraging... the outrage farmer.

Being a mark has nothing to do with hiding anything.

One, you just described pretty much all of gaming journalism. Two, he's about as mundane as they come, he fancies himself a consumer advocate. You don't have to agree, but you're purposely overblowing and conflating your argument. I dont even watch much of his content because he is so boring, and thats why its so hilarious to me that he has you flusstered.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By uninspiredcup
@enzyme36 said:
@fedor said:

This is a good point. He's listed as "news, reviews and opinion" (or something along those lines) but like Jim Sterling, and The Quartering, practically all content is designed to incite a vitriolic response.

This is especially the case with Jim Sterling, even more than Yong Yea, while we can argue the industry he attacks ultimately deserves it, once we remove all his venomous content, both at and prior to youtube as a gaming journalist, all we are left with is a dangerously obese Reddit user with hot-takes.

It's easy to condemn them, for sure. But it's the industries own self created Frankenstein monster (the scientist was Frankenstein it's better to refer to the monster as Prometheus) that's creating the discourse to fuel these people in the first place. Be it Publishers, developers, or legacy media showing apathetic, pompous attitudes where the consumer is comparable to a dog making too much noise.

A necessary evil? It would seem so.

Kojima fanboy though, it's absolutely showing to his detriment.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Fedor

Lol, see? He's a parody account.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 4022 Posts
Loading Video...

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 WitIsWisdom  Online
Member since 2007 • 5799 Posts

Most overrated man in the history of gaming. Yes I do love a couple/few of the early Metal Gear games, but he is past his prime. Dude is an megalomaniac trying to hold on to his past. I hope he pulls off Death Stranding and I'm sure no matter what it winds up being it will score high.. because Kojima. On that note, everything I have seen from it so far looks beyond terrible and boring in every sense of the words.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1542 Posts

Nice try, I guess.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By uninspiredcup
@WitIsWisdom said:

Most overrated man in the history of gaming. Yes I do love a couple/few of the early Metal Gear games, but he is past his prime. Dude is an megalomaniac trying to hold on to his past. I hope he pulls off Death Stranding and I'm sure no matter what it winds up being it will score high.. because Kojima. On that note, everything I have seen from it so far looks beyond terrible and boring in every sense of the words.

Most likely we will get people, be it critics or fanboys attempting to circumvent basic criticism though pseudo-philosophy or equating weirdness as automatically a higher art forum because, unconventional equals more art.

It's the George Lucas conundrum. He became almost single-highhandedly considered the mastermind behind the product which was not true, at all.

When expectation and reality did not intertwine, re-evaluation took place.

watercrack445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26 watercrack445
Member since 2017 • 2281 Posts

a simple nonsense turning into conspiracy theory. But at the same time I love me some conspiracy theories. The most prominent one right now is Kojima is the true villain in Death Stranding. People are saying he motion captured himself into the game and takes the role of a god. This will probably explain all the BTs and other otherworldly things that are happening.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 25276 Posts

@watercrack445 said:

a simple nonsense turning into conspiracy theory. But at the same time I love me some conspiracy theories. The most prominent one right now is Kojima is the true villain in Death Stranding. People are saying he motion captured himself into the game and takes the role of a god. This will probably explain all the BTs and other otherworldly things that are happening.

If Kojima made himself god in his own game, I would laugh my freaking ass off. Now I hope he did.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 8545 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@subspecies said:

Sadly, practically all evidence leans towards egotism.

Theoretically if it was a mass translation error (for many years), then that's them sprinting to the nearest keyboard, with you Foaming-at-the-mouth in defence for their error.

In many ways this is indictive of the hostile community he's cultivated. A Jesus like figure beyond criticism.

Meanwhile those who toil behind the scenes go unnoticed.

I'm more surprised he got criticised since he's the centre of a religion for a lot of his fans. I expected more of a Trump reaction from his fans 'oh he said fake news, now all wrong doing must magically fall away'.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1061 Posts

I'm intrigued by haters of Kojima that has played all of his games...

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 214

#30 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 14070 Posts

FYI, Kojima's Japanese tweet says he's involved in every aspect of game development, not that he was solely responsible for every aspect of game development. His English tweet was just an awkward "Engrish" translation.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 3008 Posts

people who are defending him saying 'translation mistake' probably haven't played MGS V.

Ezekiel43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ezekiel43  Online
Member since 2017 • 2239 Posts

This feels like two people talking:

Loading Video...

This just feels out there, melodramatic, overproduced, robotic technobabble:

Loading Video...

Hiring professional actors sure didn't make his cutscenes more human. The guy doesn't know how to tell entertaining stories anymore.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1381 Posts

LOL at haters who don’t understand his sense of humour.

Kojima is God.

Deal with it.

SaltSlasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SaltSlasher
Member since 2015 • 1475 Posts

So everytime Kojima tweets in English, its not what we think, yet continues to tweet, and we continue to not get it.

Sounds like another one of his games.

Anyone ever hear the story about the guy who did the English translation for MGS. Kojima found out he changed, he tripped the **** out, fired him, and redid it. Dude's a psycho.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 3954 Posts

No human can fully understand the words of a god.