Hideki Kamiya confirms Bayonetta 3 still alive; talks about his 5 least favorite things about the Switch!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

Hideki Kamiya has been in the news quite a bit lately. In one interview he gives us an update about his upcoming projects. While he can't make promises, he hopes to talk about Bayonetta 3 along with his other projects this year:

The most recent of these updates came via Arcade Archives streams, in which Kamiya confirmed that Platinum had "been working on new stuff like Bayonetta 3", but he couldn't "say too much". He did, however, tease that the team might "give an update during the year".

It's possible that one of the reasons progress on Bayonetta 3 is slow is because the team is tackling multiple games at once, including some "unannounced projects".

"[Platinum hopes to] give updates on a few more unannounced projects, too," he added (thanks NintendoEverything, via Nintendo Life). "I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say that, but I said it anyway.

"The point is - I'm trying to do a lot of stuff this year. Please keep an eye on us. I'm hoping to bring some hype to this industry."

"I'm happy that there's still anticipation for the title, but one thing I would like to address is the trend I'm seeing which is people who are starting to ask if the game has been cancelled," Hideki Kamiya recently said.

"I want you guys to take any concerns you have like that and throw them out the window immediately because we're still hard at work on it and it hasn't been cancelled by any means. Please look forward to it!"

The other announced - if secretive - project is currently codenamed Project G.G.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-01-17-kamiya-still-cant-say-too-much-about-bayonetta-3-but-hopes-pg-update-during-the-year

As if that wasn't enough, he also tweeted about his 5 least favorite things about Switch lol:

In a tweet to followers, Kamiya points out the five main things he dislikes about the Switch currently. First and foremost, he states how the Home Screen is particularly bad. This is likely referring to how it has little to no customizable options, like themes or app folders. Next, Kamiya laments how the Switch will not get a Virtual Console. On Nintendo's previous consoles, the 3DS, Wii, and Wii U, players could purchase retro games from a bygone era. Now that these Virtual Console titles are gone, there is no way to access classic games on the Switch besides Nintendo Switch Online's meager NES and SNES collections.

And the complaints do not stop there. When it comes to the hardware of the Nintendo Switch, Kamiya pulls no punches. He points to how the console no longer has an actual D-Pad, something common to every other console controller. Another known downside he refers to is how the Switch cannot connect to Bluetooth headphones natively. This can be especially frustrating now that wired headphones are quickly becoming antiquated. The final issue Kamiya takes with Nintendo's portable hybrid is Space Harrier and OutRun's lack of movement. On the 3DS, these games had an arcade cabinet tilting feature that is no longer available in the Switch release.

Thoughts, SW? Are you looking forward to Bayonetta 3? Has the long ass wait make you skeptical about the whole thing? And what do you think about Kamiya's top 5 complains about the Switch? I think they are spot on. The home screen really does suck. lol. Also, it should have Virtual console. I don't care that much about the d-pad, but yea, it could be better. And the bluetooth issue is spot on! Nintendo needs to catch up to the modern world lol. Don't you agree?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

I’m very hyped for Bayonetta 3 and am chomping at the bit to see something from this game. Hopefully it won’t be too far away. I’m very interested in seeing what other stuff Platinum Games is working on as well.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

3+ years with literally nothing but a teaser isn't a great sign. I doubt Platinum can tank another heavy loss like Scalebound so I'm sure they're working to make it happen, but if something is going wrong they should probably not string people on with these vague tweets.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

From what i've heard, you can play Skyrim on the toilet, so his 5 negative points are irrelevant.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

least fav things about the switch wth?

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Hope for an update this year lol

I didn't like Bayo 2 nearly as much as the original and haven't played it in years, but there is always hope.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Although I have never played any of the Bayonetta games, I'd like to try some. Headphones though? I prefer wired. Wired into the X1X controller is fine. The pro controller on Switch lacking a port though? It's 2021 (2017 at the time) Nintendo.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1236 Posts

Eh maybe they shouldn't be working on as many games as they are...

Anyways I'm more interested in seeing something from Bayblon's Fall then Bayo 3.

Hopefully we'll get a Vanquish 2 before PS6 and the neXt box.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Calling wired headphones antiquated compared to bluetooth is like calling an oven antiquated because there are microwaves. Just because a thing is newer and sometimes more convenient doesn't mean the end product is better.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

So if the game gets cancelled, who you will guys blame, Nintendo or Platinum?

I hope it does just for the excuses the Platinum/Nintendo fanboys come up with.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

More interested in Babylon's Fall.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Archangel3371

I’m really hoping that one of these “unannounced projects” is Vanquish 2. The first game was fantastic and left on a cliffhanger. It needs a sequel.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SolidGame_basic

@Archangel3371 said:

I’m really hoping that one of these “unannounced projects” is Vanquish 2. The first game was fantastic and left on a cliffhanger. It needs a sequel.

I wish Sega had more faith in Bayonetta and Vanquish. Such great franchises.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts
@Archangel3371 said:

Yeah that'd be great! I still want the Bayonetta/Vanquish pack on Switch too...

As for Bayonetta 3, I'm very excited to see what it'll be like. It's one of my most anticipated games.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

Don't really care for a sequel on Vanquish, it was a one and done on the mill for me personally and as for Bayonetta 3, whenever its ready, I'll be ready but it isn't on my radar. MP4 on the other hand.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#18 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69449 Posts

@davillain- said:

Don't really care for a sequel on Vanquish, it was a one and done on the mill for me personally and as for Bayonetta 3, whenever its ready, I'll be ready but it isn't on my radar. MP4 on the other hand.

Vanquish was one and done because the gameplay was one note through out the entire game except for the last boss. I have never played a game in which the gameplay stays unchanged throughout the entire game. No upgrades, no new weapons and no new strategies.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

which console accepts bluetooth headphones?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Archangel3371

@hrt_rulz01: Yeah I’m pretty surprised that they didn’t put the Bayonetta/Vanquish bundle on the Switch. It’d be a great place for it.

Definitely with you on the Bayonetta hype train as well.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Archangel3371

@SolidGame_basic: Well Sega’s level of interest in those franchises is irrelevant especially in concern to Bayonetta. We’ve already had Bayonetta 2 and will soon have Bayonetta 3 thanks to Nintendo so who cares about Sega’s interest in that franchise.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@Pedro said:
@davillain- said:

Vanquish was one and done because the gameplay was one note through out the entire game except for the last boss. I have never played a game in which the gameplay stays unchanged throughout the entire game. No upgrades, no new weapons and no new strategies.

I agree on the gameplay. It wasn't all that great and not sure why it gets praises either? Not bad or worst game, just wasn't all that special.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Very hyped about the game ... it was one of the reasons i got a Switch ... sadly, this aren't good news, i'm beginning to think they scrapped the Switch game and maybe are they are waiting for some sort of Pro Model if the rumours are true.

Regardless, this is one of my favorite franchises ever and i have no issue to wait for it to be ready whenever it is ready.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

Says a lot about the Switch Platform

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

How much did Microsoft and Sony pay this dude to talk trash about the Switch and do this little hit piece.

He just woke up morning and was like yeah let me post 5 things i hate about the switch?

No I don't think so. This is crap let me destroy his points.

he states how the Home Screen is particularly bad.

It's simple and easy to navigate its got a dark and light theme, sure they could make some cool theme backgrounds like tetris 99 had but we don't like need it or anythin were fine.

Next, Kamiya laments how the Switch will not get a Virtual Console.

We got NES app and SNES app and were getting some nice collections like the contra and megaman collections we still need a final fantasy one tho. Were doing fine its 20 bux for a whole year thats like buying 2 virtual console games and you get to play all of them available its a better deal.

He points to how the console no longer has an actual D-Pad,

THE SWITCH LITE HAS A D-PAD! ITS way better than the xb1 d-pad and x-series x-pad why didnt he call those out for being crap switch lite d-pad is great its just little too far down and harder to use sometimes.

This guy lives in japan and switch lite is selling way better in japan then the normal switch so he knows that one had a d-pad this guys a liar. How would he not know that when everyone in japan mainly has the lite version and hes from japan ffs.

Plus you can get the Pro Controller for a good d-pad or the nes/snes switch controllers for a d-pad. No Kamiya your straight wrong here.

Another known downside he refers to is how the Switch cannot connect to Bluetooth headphones natively.

Nobody uses bluetooth headphones everyone just uses the switch speakers. I've been over this headphones give you hat hair and ruin your whole day when you use them and airpods and stuff are garbage compared to wired apple headphones you lose sound quality and music skips and crap all the time wirelessly its terrible.

The final issue Kamiya takes with Nintendo's portable hybrid is Space Harrier and OutRun's lack of movement. On the 3DS, these games had an arcade cabinet tilting feature that is no longer available in the Switch release

Nobody cares about tilt features what is this a pinball arcade machine? Who the hell used tilt in outrun racing game WTF i don't even.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Yeah, hope Bayo 3 is good, whenever it happens. More Bayo 1, less Bayo 2 if it has to favor one or the others combat.

But really just want to see Kamiyas new game, Project GG. Hope it's something more unique like TW101 and not just a standard (even if great) action game.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner: I just realized something... GG is also an abbreviation for "good game". Man is a genius! 😮