User Lists: 5

#201 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:

Looks exactly what i'd expect to see on GP. The kind of games that wouldn't even sell 100k otherwise. Shovelware.

@sakaixx said:

Usual gamepass fluff.

These 2 guys are always upset that a game with large amounts of actual gameplay gets a high score.

And I love it. Have fun with a distant 2nd/3rd again, just like last Gen.

You can't use my gif. We talked about this.

You stole it from IP. I asked his pemission, and he gave me the green light.

This is my gif

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#202 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:

Usual gamepass fluff.

Its the kind of shovelware our lems enjoy cuz they forgot what's a good game.

As opposed to the same formula that all Sony 1st party uses?

Walking... CGI... actually play the game... CGI... simple puzzle... CGI... quick event to make sure you're watching the movie... CGI... rinse and repeat?

The same formula that puts maximum amount of effort into their games, and are winning every award imaginable because of it? Oh yea, lets stop that repetitive formula, guys. loldabear. And the only reason why you feel like all there is is cutscenes is because you're a scrub that play on normal or easy. These difficulties are made for children, now a grown ass man. If you play on normal, all you're doing is brainlessly button mashing from one cutscene until the other, and it ends up feeling like all there is is cutscenes aka a movie. Your own fault for ruining gameplay by being a Normal mode andy.

yeah - success from a generation that likes to spend hours on the internet watching other people play video games. It doesn't surprise me that people with that mindset like to play a game with 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours of CGI in one game.

I play way more games than you, so your excuse for me following games that i am not interested in buying is🥱🥱🥱I think you're annoyed by the fact that i predicted Halo Infinite's failure two years before it was even launched🤭

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

Walking... CGI... actually play the game... CGI... simple puzzle... CGI... quick event to make sure you're watching the movie... CGI... rinse and repeat?

The same formula that puts maximum amount of effort into their games, and are winning every award imaginable because of it? Oh yea, lets stop that repetitive formula, guys. loldabear. And the only reason why you feel like all there is is cutscenes is because you're a scrub that play on normal or easy. These difficulties are made for children, now a grown ass man. If you play on normal, all you're doing is brainlessly button mashing from one cutscene until the other, and it ends up feeling like all there is is cutscenes aka a movie. Your own fault for ruining gameplay by being a Normal mode andy.

Inflating the numbers on a foe doesnt make a game more challenging. Just more tedious.

GMGoW is a shining example of how to not do difficulty. Meanwhile, if you were to play PC strategy games, on higher difficulties the AI tends to not only play better, but offer new threats for you to deal with.

Sorry that Phony still doesn't know hwo to actually challenge players. Everyone else does.

Nor do they know how to innovate. MS clearly does, between this and Pentiment. MS is not only pushing out new IPs, but also new IPs that dare to innovate.

clueless as always. on gmgow enemies level up, you can't button mash anything or get punished instantly. You have to focus target to interrupt them leveling up, constantly having to watch who you're fighting and focus annoying shits like the Nightmares if they spawn. All of this while doing what you'd do in a Souls game, dodging and parrying. But you have not done anything on this difficulty, because just like a game journo, you want to advance your games from one cutscene to the other, and that's why you play your games on Normal. Pretty disgusting if you ask. Might as well not play the actual game, and go watch someone else play it🥱Not like you're learning anything by button mashing, or improving at the game you're playing when its as easy as it is.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#204  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

clueless as always. on gmgow enemies level up, you can't button mash anything or get punished instantly. You have to focus target to interrupt them leveling up, constantly having to watch who you're fighting and focus annoying shits like the Nightmares if they spawn. All of this while doing what you'd do in a Souls game, dodging and parrying. But you have not done anything on this difficulty, because just like a game journo, you want to advance your games from one cutscene to the other, and that's why you play your games on Normal. Pretty disgusting if you ask. Might as well not play the actual game, and go watch someone else play it🥱Not like you're learning anything by button mashing, or improving at the game you're playing when its as easy as it is.

Nice assumption, but I play games on the highest difficulty as well.

Difference is, the highest difficulty in the games I play actually MEANS something rather than "hurr durr we raise HP and damage by 100%".

Things like improved AI, New THreats, New Side Objectives, new Conditions, changed enemy placement, Faster Gameplay, Harder To Dodge, Fewer Resources and so on. Things that actually test your skill, rather than your patience.

But again, you would know this if you actually played good video games for once in your life.

And you literally just proved my point with the bolded. Self ownage much?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#205 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12948 Posts

@randy_lahey said:
@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:

These 2 guys are always upset that a game with large amounts of actual gameplay gets a high score.

You can't use my gif. We talked about this.

You stole it from IP. I asked his pemission, and he gave me the green light.

This is my gif

But I trademarked it, copyrighted it, and triple stamped it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:

Nice assumption, but I play games on the highest difficulty as well.

Difference is, the highest difficulty in the games I play actually MEANS something rather than "hurr durr we raise HP and damage by 100%".

Things like improved AI, New THreats, New Side Objectives, new Conditions, changed enemy placement, Faster Gameplay, Harder To Dodge, Fewer Resources and so on. Things that actually test your skill, rather than your patience.

But again, you would know this if you actually played good video games for once in your life.

And you literally just proved my point with the bolded. Self ownage much?

You moaned about gmgow because of spongy enemies🤭Enemies are only spongy when you let them level up, which you obviously were allowing them to do so, because you were playing it like its normal mode, aka brainlessly button mashing what's in front of you, and pressing the W key🤷‍♂️No wonder the likes of you call Sony titles as movie games lmao. You play them like an IGN reviewer that b lines the story and sees nothing but cutscenes since the actual gameplay is so easy, you can go through it while watching Netflix.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#207 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8853 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

yeah - success from a generation that likes to spend hours on the internet watching other people play video games. It doesn't surprise me that people with that mindset like to play a game with 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours of CGI in one game.

I play way more games than you, so your excuse for me following games that i am not interested in buying is🥱🥱🥱I think you're annoyed by the fact that i predicted Halo Infinite's failure two years before it was even launched🤭

It's funny that you mention Halo. Unlike games like GoW, where harder difficulty just buffs enemies health; in Halo, higher difficulties increase the combat awareness of the enemies' AI. Not only do they have stronger shields, but they become smarter.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 KvallyX

@dabear said:

AI. Not only do they have stronger shields, but they become smarter.

Damn, so you are saying Hardwenzen would benefit by becoming enemy AI in Halo?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

It's funny that you mention Halo. Unlike games like GoW, where harder difficulty just buffs enemies health; in Halo, higher difficulties increase the combat awareness of the enemies' AI. Not only do they have stronger shields, but they become smarter.

You have no idea wtf you're talking about. A typical Normal Mode gamer. Way more things are happening in GoW when played on the highest difficulty than Halo. What are your tool to deal with enemies in Halo? You're doing exactly what you would on easy or normal, and the only difference is that you have to hairglitch behind cover as much as possible or you die. Its fun in coop, but solo, when your whole game is trying to kill as much as possible out of the enemies aggro range, or having to hairglitch, its just meh. In GoW, your gameplay changes completely, and i am not implying that you'd be hairglitchin' behind cover and unload 3 clips into an Elite head before he drops🥱I have played and beaten all halo titles from Halo CE to Reach on legendary. They're massive bullet sponges, especially in Halo 2. Still great fun in coop, but if you compare singleplayer gow on max difficulty to halo on legendary, there's no competition, gow demolishes Halo in everything that makes difficult-to-progress titles "fun".

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:

Looks exactly what i'd expect to see on GP. The kind of games that wouldn't even sell 100k otherwise. Shovelware.

@sakaixx said:

Usual gamepass fluff.

Hush casual.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 hardwenzen  Online

@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:

@sakaixx said:

Usual gamepass fluff.

Hush casual.

Coming from a mobile gamer that likes to play the victim on SW?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@dabear said:

It's about 10 hours on a quick play-through. It's a $30 game.

Oh yeah man. I finished the game day after release, have already beat it again on very hard, knocked out a few missions on rhythm master, have been playing the shit out of the tower, and have a good 4 hours of just labbing combo setups in training mode alone.

I know the game pretty well lol.

A bit busy now, but will be right back on it when I have the time. Great game.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Zaryia

@hardwenzen said:

HUSH, Omega Causal.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 hardwenzen  Online

@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:

HUSH, Omega Causal.

Go back to Angry Birds.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:

HUSH, Omega Causal.

Go back to Angry Birds.

You have no room to talk. You haven't played this game, nor have you played the Halo Infinite campaign. So...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 hardwenzen  Online

@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:

HUSH, Omega Causal.

Go back to Angry Birds.

You have no room to talk. You haven't played this game, nor have you played the Halo Infinite campaign. So...

I love how at first you were saying that i haven't played Infinite, but now you specify that i haven't played its campaign. At least you're learning. When i do play it, what will be your cope for this failed video game?

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#217 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3398 Posts

Please GameSpot give me the option to mute users!

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Maroxad
@hardwenzen said:

You moaned about gmgow because of spongy enemies🤭Enemies are only spongy when you let them level up, which you obviously were allowing them to do so, because you were playing it like its normal mode, aka brainlessly button mashing what's in front of you, and pressing the W key🤷‍♂️No wonder the likes of you call Sony titles as movie games lmao. You play them like an IGN reviewer that b lines the story and sees nothing but cutscenes since the actual gameplay is so easy, you can go through it while watching Netflix.

The point I am getting at is that GMGOW tries to be difficult with high numbers, rather than in ways that are actually interesting.

Things like better AI, complexity, threats, and so on. The enemies levelling up thing is the closest thing this game has to a threat. But even that is only threatening through big numbers rather than in mechanically interesting ways.

Why? Because the people at Santa Monica are talentless hacks. Hi-Fi Rush is a far better action game than pretty much any Sony game that isn't TLOU2.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Look at all the Salty Sony Fannie s 😂

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 hardwenzen  Online

@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:

The point I am getting at is that GMGOW tries to be difficult with high numbers, rather than in ways that are actually interesting.

Things like better AI, complexity, threats, and so on. The enemies levelling up thing is the closest thing this game has to a threat. But even that is only threatening through big numbers rather than in mechanically interesting ways.

Why? Because the people at Santa Monica are talentless hacks. Hi-Fi Rush is a far better action game than pretty much any Sony game that isn't TLOU2.

We will not speak of this any further in this thread. You complained about gmgow difficulty for all the wrong reasons, not understanding that the combat system of the game can ONLY shine on that difficulty, and if you don't play on it, the tools on offer can be completely ignored, and button mashing to victory is all what's needed. From now on, every single time i see someone bitchin' about GoW being a movie game, i will assume that the scrub that has played it, played it on Easy or Nomral, where its so easy to progress through the game, that all you're seeing is cutscenes, because you might as well be warping between cutscenes at that point. You and all of those people are scared of experiencing the game the way its ment to be played. You're no better than an IGN reviewer.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Fake cows and Sony shills aren't taking this review too well 🤣

A shadow dropped game with no marketing and Ragnarok and forgotten west Sony's biggest hitters couldn't beat it.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Zaryia

@kathaariancode said:

Please GameSpot give me the option to mute users!

But then no one would see Cow posts.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#226 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

@zaryia: That doesn't sound like a bad thing.🙂

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Maroxad

@Pedro: Clowns, are honestly really entertaining.

Be it casual frauds who think they are "Sony Professionals" because they play against enemies with bloated stats, idea guys who obviously have no idea about how game development or infrastructure works or even that guy who would argue with people with nothing more than nu-uhs, then insult them and complain about people using scientific evidence.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By KathaarianCode

Finally managed to put some hours into this game and holy smokes, fantastic!

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts
Loading Video...

1440p on XSX

4k on XSX

(both run pretty much a locked 60fps in gameplay)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#230 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

@regnaston: I think you have a typo.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By KvallyX

gotgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 gotgames
Member since 2022 • 476 Posts

@simple-facts: dont know what you are talking about GoW sold 11 millions, to bad HiFi has QTE or are Xbox fanboys now fine with that all of the sudden

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 KvallyX

@gotgames said:

@simple-facts: dont know what you are talking about GoW sold 11 millions, to bad HiFi has QTE or are Xbox fanboys now fine with that all of the sudden

Someone hasn't played HiFi Rush^. There are no button prompts in the game.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@Pedro: fixed thanks

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

Finally managed to put some hours into this game and holy smokes, fantastic!

Wait until you get further into the game. It just keeps getting crazier.

gotgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By gotgames

@kvallyx: no, i watched the DF, its more timing based really no difference from any qte game and if you watched DF video there are button prompts, 2:40 minutes into the video which to me looks like qte, game is looking great and just saying all of the sudden Xbox fanboys love this kind of game

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

@gotgames said:

@kvallyx: no,

its more timing based really no difference from any qte game

I don't think you ever played a rhythmic game before. You don't even have to play within the rhythm to beat the game.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 ConanTheStoner

There are required parry sequences that might as well be QTEs. Enemy telegraphs the sequence, you repeat it (usually just parries, sometimes parries mixed with dodge).

Then you get these environmental challenges that are definitely QTEs. I mean, they're straight up micro-sequences of a rhythm game, but ultimately the same result. Button prompts are displayed, you hit them on time, thing happens.

None of which bothers me here, it's pretty much on-brand for the game and they're brief. Not like some other action games where they force you through some new game mode that doesn't even make sense for what you're playing.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 KvallyX

@gotgames said:

@kvallyx: no, i watched the DF, its more timing based really no difference from any qte game and if you watched DF video there are button prompts, 2:40 minutes into the video which to me looks like qte, game is looking great and just saying all of the sudden Xbox fanboys love this kind of game

Again, sounds like you haven't played the game. It's not the same as a QTE game at all. I have played the game. The only time you see button prompts are to interact with random AI to talk to them, or when you are shown combat moves in a dialog box after you obtain the new moves. The game is not QTE at all.

You haven't played it, we have. You are wrong. We are right.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By KvallyX
@ConanTheStoner said:

When you get these environmental challenges that are definitely QTEs. I mean, they're straight up micro-sequences of a rhythm game, but ultimately the same result. Button prompts are displayed, you hit them on time, thing happens.

Yes, the loot boxes are QTE. Combat is not.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 ConanTheStoner

@kvallyx:

Well it's not just the loot boxes, there are others throughout the game. Like when getting the laser grid up and running with those spheres in the three elevators stage for example, or opening certain gates, etc.

Feel like it's just splitting hairs in regards to the combat sections. With some enemies the combat stops, you're presented with a rhythm sequence, you dial them in. Don't want to call them QTEs, fine. They're just not all that different in practice.

Again, these don't even bother me. Of the few complaints I do have with the game, these don't really register.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Juub1990

It's a rhythm game so there are rhythm-based combat sections where all that is required is a button press. It's basically what you'd do in a game like Parappa the Rapper or DDR, no big deal. There is a QTE here and there but by and large, the game isn't a QTE. You get a few challenges that rely on them but they're short and sweet.

The one thing I didn't enjoy is that one boss fight though.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 ConanTheStoner

@Juub1990 said:

The one thing I didn't enjoy is that one boss fight though.

Are you talking about Korsika? If so, yeah I felt they dragged that out a bit.

But yeah agreed, this isn't stuff that gets in the way of a good time by any means. Completely makes sense for the game tbh.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Juub1990
@ConanTheStoner said:

Are you talking about Korsika? If so, yeah I felt they dragged that out a bit.

But yeah agreed, this isn't stuff that gets in the way of a good time by any means. Completely makes sense for the game tbh.

Yep, that boss fight. Not a big fan of when I have to sit and wait for the boss to do something. That's also why certain enemies that pull you into that QTE like that samurai bot annoy me.

gotgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 gotgames

@kvallyx: again no i didn’t play the game i watched the DF video, 2:40 minutes into the video had button prompts, so that one part must be qte, now that Xbox has an game with qte it not qte fanboys are a confusing breed,

gotgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 gotgames

@jaydan: no you wrong

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@Juub1990:

Yeah, doesn't help in that boss fight with all the dialogue bits between you have to speed through lol.

Think the samurai can be extra annoying with that. Obviously not the only enemy that does it, just his QTE rhythm is so weird lol. Managed to down him without that shit a couple of times, just unloading with beat hit assists and specials, so he couldn't get the sequence started.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 KvallyX

@ConanTheStoner said:

@kvallyx:

Well it's not just the loot boxes, there are others throughout the game. Like when getting the laser grid up and running with those spheres in the three elevators stage for example, or opening certain gates, etc.

Feel like it's just splitting hairs in regards to the combat sections. With some enemies the combat stops, you're presented with a rhythm sequence, you dial them in. Don't want to call them QTEs, fine. They're just not all that different in practice.

Again, these don't even bother me. Of the few complaints I do have with the game, these don't really register.

Meh. It is what is.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 ConanTheStoner

@kvallyx:

For sure, it's whatever.

I get the other dude is just trying to drag it down with "omg QTE". In most cases though, I'm not one to say a mechanic/system is automatically bad at face value. Context and execution do matter.

Game definitely has stuff you can chalk up as QTE, but it's like, who cares? Not detracting from the experience to me.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 KathaarianCode

@gotgames: Is it written anywhere the Xbox games can't have QTEs? Kind of a weird thing to say, that all Xbox gamers hate QTEs. Any particular game that got trashed for it and left you butthurt?