SOF Studios wishes everybody a happy 4th of July
New Interview with World's Factory 7/2/13
Game Information added at bottom of this post 6/25/13
Scroll down for new pics added 6/24/13
H-Hour: World's Elite
1. What it is: H-HOUR: WORLD'S ELITE is a true SOCOM 1-3 successor. Fans called for a SOCOM 1 or 2 HD for years, and the
creative mind behind the original SOCOM series has come back to the helm to make this game.
2. What will World's Elite be released on? World's Elite will be released on the PC and the PS4 if 500 PLAYSTAION WARRIOR
pledges are made (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1687497632/h-hour-worlds-elite-0/posts/511201) pledges are made.
Currently 335/500 PLAYSTATION WARRIOR pledges have been made to ensure it's arrival on the PS4.
3. Reason to be excited? David Sears the matermind behind the SOCOM franchise and Zipper Interactive has returned to claim his throne. SOCOM 1-3 were made with David at the helm of creative production. Sears left Zipper for unknown reasons, and in this podcast ( http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1687497632/h-hour-worlds-elite-0/posts/505044) he claims it was the wrong thing to do and he missed SOCOM and what had been done since he has been gone. Seth Luisi took over when Sears left, and most SOCOM fans would strongly agree the series immediatly took a STRONG turn for the worse which eventually doomed Zipper. (R.I.P. Zipper).
4. Why we should care: SOCOM put SONY on the online gaming map and carved a path of legend that solidified SOCOM in SONY fans hearts. Fans have been asking for this for a LONG time.
5. Who is Russ Philips? Russ Philips was an original SOCOM art director and map making legend. He has returned for this project and made some of the ALL TIME fan favorite SOCOM maps on the PS2 including Sandstorm, Fish Hook, Night Stalker, and Desert Glory!
We have only been waiting for this since SOCOM II on the PS2...
Here is an early picture of a character model. It was said that it is not nearly complete, but it shows some progress.
These are new Pre-Alpha images that were released today (6/24/2013)
First picture of a terrorist revealed http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1687497632/h-hour-worlds-elite-0/posts/519224?ref=activity
Here are a couple Pre-Alpha Special Forces pics.
These Pictures JUST released and the funding just went OVER $100,000 :)
1. Custom user made ranked rooms (guess who's back)
2. Classic 3rd and 1st person views (no ots shoulder crap)
3. Round based
4. 8v8 focus
5. Maps designed around game modes (oldschool SOCOM style)
6. Lean options
7. No cover system (Sweet)
8. Robust clan management and profiles
9. Victory dances
10. Custom taunts (ah yeah baby they are back ) We can use favorites like "Hows the Camping" and "Do you ever get the feeling someone is following you?" lol
11. Prone diving
12. Grenade arc
13. No health regeneration
14. Guns hot
15. Open and close doors (classic SOCOM style... where they hell did simple things like this go during this generation?)
16. Shoot out lights (about damn time a game finally does this again.. just like above)
17. S1 and S2 character speeds!
18. Classic and custom clan servers
19. Jump to climb
20. Analog "crawl to sprint" (OH HELL YEAH,,, bringing back the speed and gun game SOCOM was known for)
21. No sprint button
22. Classic game modes
23. No OTS view
24. Terrorists are back (good to see no politically correct bs)
25. Remote trigger explosives
26. Classic SOCOM inspired ranking system
27. David Sears is the Creative Director and calling all the shots with no restrictions
28. Decorated war veteran and hero is owner of the company
29. Desert, Jungle, Arctic, and Urban maps confirmed
30. Strafing wars is back!
UPDATE 7/2/13 http://www.worldsfactory.net/2013/07/02/h-hour-worlds-elite-interview
N4G first look= http://n4g.com/news/1295462/first-h-hour-gameplay-level-video-released Thanks Creeping Death for providing a better link :)
Their kickstarter project can be found here: