Hermits Beware: Next consoles will be biggest jump since PS1-PS2

  • 143 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for davillain-
#51 Posted by DaVillain- (36572 posts) -

@boxrekt said:

Lot's of damage control for PC gamers who spent $1000+ on their hardware thinking they were special when their generic configurations will get shat on by $500 consoles in 1 years time and hermits will have to spend another $800 just to say they are getting 10% better performance.

What a silly bunch of insecure dopes.

Graphically speaking, there isn't any PC configuration you have right now, no matter how much you spent, that will be superior to next gen consoles. Next gen consoles already have tech that is SUPERIOR to whatever is in your rig right now and there is no damage control to change that because the tech in next gen consoles isn't even out right now. FACT!

Unlike your generic PC hardware setups, next gen consoles will have custom tech that push their unreleased next gen PC components even further than the standard of the shelf stuff you'll buy.

It's over for you PC guys who want to brag about resolution and framerate as the last reasons why you claim PC is superior.

You're literally going to have to upgrade your PC to the point to where you're playing all your games in 8k 60fps before you'll be able claim "superiority" over consoles again lol good luck with that.

My RTX 2070 will get me through these hard times :)

Avatar image for scatteh316
#52 Posted by scatteh316 (10207 posts) -

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@scatteh316 said:
@rmpumper said:

No it won't. The biggest jump will be in load times because of SSDs, but PC gamers have been using those since last gen.

The biggest jump will actually be in data and texture streaming......... being able to stream such a high amount of data will do wonders for games and that is something you won't see on PC for a good few years.

But here's the thing, it's the biggest jump for consoles. Consoles will now go from very slow loading, to very fast loading. But PCs were never slow at loading. Loading my steam games from my 2TB WD Black HDD is vastly quicker than loading speeds on consoles for example, and that's just a HDD, games seem to load in just a matter of seconds.

Also there MAY possibly be other avenues on the PC to explore for more speed. Throwing some ideas out there, some may or may not work, but perhaps the standard HDD + common SSD (slower option), to Optane (very fast, but expensive), to maybe a HDD + or SSD + system RAM caching (Insanely fast) if they could pull it off, but that may require more than the standard 16GB of RAM... Many SSDs come with software and drivers that allow for system RAM caching taking something like 4GBs of my 16GBs of RAM, which it uses for read and writes, the benefits also that it minimises the small random writes which apparently wear out ssds unless I misunderstood that part. But after you turn that option on and then use a speed testing program, suddenly the read and write speeds are insane.

That said, loading has always been fast on the PC to the point where I don't think it's an issue imo.

But sure, I don't see there being a custom SSD on PCs designed in exactly the same way as the PS4, but there may be other avenues which come close enough (or exceed in the case of RAM caching).

I think what else you may see are special hybrid HDD/SSDs for gamers from WD, Seagate etc which have some sort of custom SSD tech built into them perhaps, like a new line of the Seagate Firecuda's. That may be one of the more affordable options I guess. That could be the closest alternative.

1. Consoles load slow because of their slow CPU's taking ages to decompress stuff.....that's why X1X and Pro load faster....their slightly faster CPU's can decompress the files slightly faster.

2. Data streaming is not the same as loading..... Let's say PS5's SSD can push 1Gb/s transfer speeds....... EVERY PS5 can do that.....and developers can use that for streaming better quality assets, reduced pop-in...etc...etc..... You can't do that on PC as you can't grantee they'll have the same 1Gb/s transfer speeds PS5 has.

That's the problem with PC.... as a platform it's too fragmented.

Avatar image for the_master_race
#53 Posted by the_master_race (4607 posts) -

K

Avatar image for SecretPolice
#54 Posted by SecretPolice (35279 posts) -

The Pee Salty Seas will become very turbulent and extra salty for this time of year with this ummm, news, TC. lol :P

Avatar image for boxrekt
#55 Edited by BoxRekt (1415 posts) -

I can guarantee both PS5 and Scarlet will play what was shown in that 2019 Cyberpunk demo at 100% the same quality CD Project shown it at max settings day 1 no compromises. Most of you PC gamers right now can't say the same. The only difference in graphics next gen will be console exclusives that stomp a mud whole in anything shown on PC

Hell, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War and Death Stranding on jaguar core 2013 PS4 base hardware already graphically shits on virtually everything shown on PC now as it is. The only bragging right PC really has is resolution and frame-rate which next gen consoles will be solving day 1.

Upgrade all you want PC dopes, you'll never be able to claim any type of graphical superiority over consoles next gen.

lol your GOTG for graphics Star Citizen was already beat in graphics before it ever officially even launched.

Loading Video...

CD project red had already confirmed to have PS5 dev kits last year and is most likely what this demo is running on lol.

Avatar image for ronvalencia
#56 Edited by ronvalencia (27867 posts) -

@tormentos said:

In what sense it was bullshit? They loaded in 0.8 second the Pro took 8 secons by comparison,now i don't know if all games will load like that,but that was hell fast.

@ronvalencia said:
@DarthaPerkinjan said:

Microsoft and Sony are not holding back on next gen. The PS5 and Scarlett will crush 99.99% of PCs.

Zen 2. 8k @ 120 fps. Rumored 24gbs GDDR6. Custom SSD.

PC will become obsolete after these monsters hit the shelves. Even Google Stadia will be a better choice then PC.

5700 XT already has 251 mm2 size chip which is similar to RX-480's 232 mm2 size chip for PS4 Pro, 7870's 212 mm2 size chip for PS4 and NVIDIA RSX's 258 mm2 size chip for PS3.

Sony is consistent with their GPU area size selection since PS3.

X1X has a GPU somewhere in 280 mm2 area size range which is largest GPU area size for a game console.

5700 XT's 251 mm2 area size would probably increase with confirmed hardware accelerated ray-tracing on Xbox Scarlet.

Again what the fu** does chip size aread have to do with what you quoted,even more trying to hype hardware ray tracing as granted only on xbox when sony never say what solution they had.

The argument in this thread wasn't even xbox vs PS it was PC vs consoles and not even then can you stop sucking it to MS.

  • Chip area size places a limit on general GPU power. PC has a higher chip area size limit.
  • Hype on hardware accelerated ray-tracing, NVIDIA did it = PC master race, hence superior. I framed my arguments based on NVIDIA's Maxwell/Pascall/Turing superiority and AMD must follow it.
  • Remember, 5700 XT only rivals NVIDIA's TU106 (RTX 2060 and 2070 without DirectML being factored in with NV's Tensor cores) NOT TU104 and TU102.
  • Sony has to confirm hardware accelerated ray-tracing instead of blubbering about to ray-tracing True Audio Next.
  • This forum is "System Wars" and gaming PC with NVIDIA's GPU can't be removed from it.

TU106 has RTX 2060, RTX 2060 Super, RTX 2070

TU104 has RTX 2070 Super and RTX 2080

TU102 has RTX 2080 Ti and Titan RTX

RTX 2060 Super is being prepared against RX 5700.

RTX 2070 Super is being prepared against RX 5700 XT and RX 5700 XT AE

NVIDIA is not Intel on wasting competitive advantage over AMD.

Avatar image for xantufrog
#57 Posted by xantufrog (11385 posts) -

Lolcatz. You're not playing jack at 8k 120fps.

I can't believe you actually believe what you wrote in the OP. So I'm just gonna assume it's flamebait.

Plus, you know, PC gaming isn't just about graphics, no matter how much non-PC gamers try to tell us why we PC game

Avatar image for tormentos
#58 Posted by tormentos (29086 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:
  • Chip area size places a limit on general GPU power. PC has a higher chip area size limit.
  • Hype on hardware accelerated ray-tracing, NVIDIA did it = PC master race, hence superior. I framed my arguments based on NVIDIA's Maxwell/Pascall/Turing superiority and AMD must follow it.
  • Remember, 5700 XT only rivals NVIDIA's TU106 (RTX 2060 and 2070 without DirectML being factored it with NV's Tensor cores) NOT TU104 and TU102.
  • Sony has to confirm hardware accelerated ray-tracing instead of blubbering about to ray-tracing True Audio Next.
  • This forum is "System Wars" and gaming PC with NVIDIA's GPU can't be removed from it.

TU106 has RTX 2060, RTX 2060 Super, RTX 2070

TU104 has RTX 2070 Super and RTX 2080

TU102 has RTX 2080 Ti and Titan RTX

RTX 2060 Super is being prepared against RX 5700.

RTX 2070 Super is being prepared against RX 5700 XT and RX 5700 XT AE

Dude nothing you say there has to do with what you quoted,and in fact you posted the exact same shit on another thread as well and i call you on it,you need to stopt making this shitty reply to people,you sound like a drunken spam bot.

That part in bold is the problem see how you bring sony hardware base ray tracing as some kind of point,this thread is not about xbox vs PS is about the jump of consoles over the previous gen and how powerful they will be vs PC relative to how other gens were.

PlayStation’s next-generation console ticks all those boxes, starting with an AMD chip at the heart of the device. (Warning: some alphabet soup follows.) The CPU is based on the third generation of AMD’s Ryzen line and contains eight cores of the company’s new 7nm Zen 2 microarchitecture. The GPU, a custom variant of Radeon’s Navi family, will support ray tracing, a technique that models the travel of light to simulate complex interactions in 3D environments. While ray tracing is a staple of Hollywood visual effects and is beginning to worm its way into high-end processors and Nvidia's recently announced RTX line, no game console has been able to manage it. Yet.

https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-sony-next-gen-console/

The article on the wire compare Ray tracing to Nvidia RTX line which has hardware based RT.

The AMD chip also includes a custom unit for 3D audio that Cerny thinks will redefine what sound can do in a videogame.

The article claim it will ALSO have a custum 3D unit,the use of the word also right after ray tracing mean it is include as well.

Certainly sony has to clarify but you look pathetic already trying to hype hardware based RT as some kind of victory just because rumors point at the PS5 been more powerful than scarlet.

I hope you don't do like you did this gen,when you defended the cloud,DX12 and tile resources and something that would increase performance on the shitty xbox one and failed.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#59 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4639 posts) -

These consoles are NOT going to outdo high-end PCs. I hope everyone's got their expectations in check. I mean, that's the whole goal of PCs, that you can make it any range of machine you want for the money. There's no way a solitary closed box can compete with that. But in the end, it's not supposed to. Consoles are made for the convenience of the casual game-buying market. Everybody take a deep breath and relax.

Avatar image for Gamerno6666
#60 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6749 posts) -

Wow this thread is a whole lot of garbage.

Avatar image for tormentos
#61 Posted by tormentos (29086 posts) -

@xantufrog said:

Lolcatz. You're not playing jack at 8k 120fps.

I can't believe you actually believe what you wrote in the OP. So I'm just gonna assume it's flamebait.

Plus, you know, PC gaming isn't just about graphics, no matter how much non-PC gamers try to tell us why we PC game

Yeah i think some don't get it,hell sony say 8 and 120FPS but did not even use it on the same place,cows need to understand (some cows to be more clear) that 8k will not be a thing and 120FPS neither.

Outside indies or something non demanding i don't see any of the 2 happening,let alone both combined.

Avatar image for davillain-
#62 Posted by DaVillain- (36572 posts) -

@boxrekt said:

I can guarantee both PS5 and Scarlet will play what was shown in that 2019 Cyberpunk demo at 100% the same quality CD Project shown it at max settings day 1 no compromises.

You lost your goddamn mind believing this. Remember what happened to Watch Dogs?

@boxrekt said:

Upgrade all you want PC dopes, you'll never be able to claim any type of graphical superiority over consoles next gen.

You only upgrade your PC when you think your ready when you feel that your system is no longer up to your standards of your gaming needs and you have the funds to warrant a upgrade.

You try way too hard BoxRekt.

Avatar image for rmpumper
#63 Posted by rmpumper (617 posts) -

@tormentos said:

In what sense it was bullshit? They loaded in 0.8 second the Pro took 8 secons by comparison,now i don't know if all games will load like that,but that was hell fast.

In the sense that Sony used a PS4 exclusive for the purpose to avoid direct comparisons to PC loading times, while claiming to have some miracle SSD tech.

Avatar image for ronvalencia
#64 Edited by ronvalencia (27867 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:
  • Chip area size places a limit on general GPU power. PC has a higher chip area size limit.
  • Hype on hardware accelerated ray-tracing, NVIDIA did it = PC master race, hence superior. I framed my arguments based on NVIDIA's Maxwell/Pascall/Turing superiority and AMD must follow it.
  • Remember, 5700 XT only rivals NVIDIA's TU106 (RTX 2060 and 2070 without DirectML being factored it with NV's Tensor cores) NOT TU104 and TU102.
  • Sony has to confirm hardware accelerated ray-tracing instead of blubbering about to ray-tracing True Audio Next.
  • This forum is "System Wars" and gaming PC with NVIDIA's GPU can't be removed from it.

TU106 has RTX 2060, RTX 2060 Super, RTX 2070

TU104 has RTX 2070 Super and RTX 2080

TU102 has RTX 2080 Ti and Titan RTX

RTX 2060 Super is being prepared against RX 5700.

RTX 2070 Super is being prepared against RX 5700 XT and RX 5700 XT AE

Dude nothing you say there has to do with what you quoted,and in fact you posted the exact same shit on another thread as well and i call you on it,you need to stopt making this shitty reply to people,you sound like a drunken spam bot.

That part in bold is the problem see how you bring sony hardware base ray tracing as some kind of point,this thread is not about xbox vs PS is about the jump of consoles over the previous gen and how powerful they will be vs PC relative to how other gens were.

PlayStation’s next-generation console ticks all those boxes, starting with an AMD chip at the heart of the device. (Warning: some alphabet soup follows.) The CPU is based on the third generation of AMD’s Ryzen line and contains eight cores of the company’s new 7nm Zen 2 microarchitecture. The GPU, a custom variant of Radeon’s Navi family, will support ray tracing, a technique that models the travel of light to simulate complex interactions in 3D environments. While ray tracing is a staple of Hollywood visual effects and is beginning to worm its way into high-end processors and Nvidia's recently announced RTX line, no game console has been able to manage it. Yet.

https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-sony-next-gen-console/

The article on the wire compare Ray tracing to Nvidia RTX line which has hardware based RT.

The AMD chip also includes a custom unit for 3D audio that Cerny thinks will redefine what sound can do in a videogame.

The article claim it will ALSO have a custum 3D unit,the use of the word also right after ray tracing mean it is include as well.

Certainly sony has to clarify but you look pathetic already trying to hype hardware based RT as some kind of victory just because rumors point at the PS5 been more powerful than scarlet.

I hope you don't do like you did this gen,when you defended the cloud,DX12 and tile resources and something that would increase performance on the shitty xbox one and failed.

That's a very weak argument on Sony's confirmation for hardware accelerated ray-tracing.

Your "3D audio" argument is blubbering about audio not hardware accelerated ray-tracing.

While ray tracing is a staple of Hollywood visual effects and is beginning to worm its way into high-end processors and Nvidia's recently announced RTX line, no game console has been able to manage it. Yet.

Wired magazine's article is flawed since it has forgotten PS4 Killzone Shadow Fall's shader based ray-tracing reflections.

Sony needs to declare hardware accelerated ray-tracing.

NVIDIA RTX's main contribution is reducing shader load when doing ray-tracing NOT about missing ray-tracing effects on DirectX12 GPUs.

Try again.

Avatar image for ronvalencia
#65 Posted by ronvalencia (27867 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@Sevenizz said:

The ps1 to ps2 were big jumps? They both looked terrible compared to their competitors.

What console was stronger than the PS2 in 2000?

Non did the xbox arrived almost 2 years after the PS2 in fact 20 months after,to picture this the xbox one X came 1 year after the Pro as is 50% stronger,what MS did wasn't revolution is not like the xbox came head to head with sony.

Worse many PS2 games looked quite great despite the power difference.

The PS1 was weaker since launch but the PS2 is a completely different story.

Games like tekken 5 belonged on the xbox rather than on something like the PS2 and sites notice it as well.

The jump from PS1 to PS2 was HUGE which is what he was talking about.

MS was betting on Sega Dreamcast before the original Xbox.

Avatar image for ronvalencia
#66 Edited by ronvalencia (27867 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

But here's the thing, it's the biggest jump for consoles. Consoles will now go from very slow loading, to very fast loading. But PCs were never slow at loading. Loading my steam games from my 2TB WD Black HDD is vastly quicker than loading speeds on consoles for example, and that's just a HDD, games seem to load in just a matter of seconds.

Also there MAY possibly be other avenues on the PC to explore for more speed. Throwing some ideas out there, some may or may not work, but perhaps the standard HDD + common SSD (slower option), to Optane (very fast, but expensive), to maybe a HDD + or SSD + system RAM caching (Insanely fast) if they could pull it off, but that may require more than the standard 16GB of RAM... Many SSDs come with software and drivers that allow for system RAM caching taking something like 4GBs of my 16GBs of RAM, which it uses for read and writes, the benefits also that it minimises the small random writes which apparently wear out ssds unless I misunderstood that part. But after you turn that option on and then use a speed testing program, suddenly the read and write speeds are insane.

That said, loading has always been fast on the PC to the point where I don't think it's an issue imo.

But sure, I don't see there being a custom SSD on PCs designed in exactly the same way as the PS4, but there may be other avenues which come close enough (or exceed in the case of RAM caching).

I think what else you may see are special hybrid HDD/SSDs for gamers from WD, Seagate etc which have some sort of custom SSD tech built into them perhaps, like a new line of the Seagate Firecuda's. That may be one of the more affordable options I guess. That could be the closest alternative.

1. Consoles load slow because of their slow CPU's taking ages to decompress stuff.....that's why X1X and Pro load faster....their slightly faster CPU's can decompress the files slightly faster.

2. Data streaming is not the same as loading..... Let's say PS5's SSD can push 1Gb/s transfer speeds....... EVERY PS5 can do that.....and developers can use that for streaming better quality assets, reduced pop-in...etc...etc..... You can't do that on PC as you can't grantee they'll have the same 1Gb/s transfer speeds PS5 has.

That's the problem with PC.... as a platform it's too fragmented.

Competitive market pressures drives the PC market.

Avatar image for 2mrw
#67 Posted by 2mrw (5863 posts) -

I find the op funny, have no idea why

Avatar image for ronvalencia
#68 Edited by ronvalencia (27867 posts) -

@boxrekt said:

Lot's of damage control for PC gamers who spent $1000+ on their hardware thinking they were special when their generic configurations will get shat on by $500 consoles in 1 years time and hermits will have to spend another $800 just to say they are getting 10% better performance.

What a silly bunch of insecure dopes.

Graphically speaking, there isn't any PC configuration you have right now, no matter how much you spent, that will be superior to next gen consoles. Next gen consoles already have tech that is SUPERIOR to whatever is in your rig right now and there is no damage control to change that because the tech in next gen consoles isn't even out right now. FACT!

Unlike your generic PC hardware setups, next gen consoles will have custom tech that push their unreleased next gen PC components even further than the standard stuff you'll buy of the shelf.

It's over for you PC guys who want to brag about resolution and framerate as the last reasons why you claim PC is superior.

You're literally going to have to upgrade your PC to the point to where you're playing all your games in 8k 60fps before you'll be able claim "superiority" over consoles again lol good luck with that.

PS4's custom changes didn't make PS4 exceed Radeon HD 7970's results.

It's AMD following NVIDIA's hardware accelerated ray-tracing.

AMD was touting it's ray-tracing superiority (via shaders) when NVIDIA crushed it by RTX

AMD was touting it's tessellation superiority (Radeon HD 5870) when NVIDIA crushed it by Fermi GTX 580

AMD was touting it's GpGPU superiority when NVIDIA crushed it by G80

Remember, 5700 XT is only going up against TU106 not against higher level TU104 and TU102.

With DirectML, NVIDIA's Tensor cores and CUDA (shader) rapid pack maths comes into play while AMD only has CU (shader) rapid pack maths.

NVIDIA Tensor cores has the advantage to reduce shader workloads during DirectML workloads.

Avatar image for tormentos
#69 Posted by tormentos (29086 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:

That's a very weak argument on Sony's confirmation for hardware accelerated ray-tracing.

Your "3D audio" argument is blubbering about audio not hardware accelerated ray-tracing.

While ray tracing is a staple of Hollywood visual effects and is beginning to worm its way into high-end processors and Nvidia's recently announced RTX line, no game console has been able to manage it. Yet.

Wired magazine's article is flawed since it has forgotten PS4 Killzone Shadow Fall's shader based ray-tracing reflections.

Sony needs to declare hardware accelerated ray-tracing.

NVIDIA RTX's main contribution is reducing shader load when doing ray-tracing.

Try again.

oh...

  • Matt said: #6,586
They both have HW RT.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/next-gen-ps5-and-next-xbox-speculation-launch-thread-ot5-its-in-rdna.120059/page-132

GameSeeker said

Thank you, Matt.

We can put to rest the useless argument of HW Raytracing vs. SW Raytracing. It was very obvious that Sony wasn't announcing SW Raytracing as a new PS5 feature, but some people can't understand the obvious.

If you are new to this thread, please don't attack or disbelieve Matt. He has a very long track record of being correct with his statements.

In case you want to know who Matt is.

You can keep hyping hardware based only on Scarlet if you like the worse you will look when it get confirmed and you end been quoted by me with another ""I told you so"".

By the way the wire article is not flawed because it is talking about hardware RT as in the RTX series and that hasn't been done by consoles before so they are not wrong,the only one wrong here is you,you are the one assuming the PS5 doesn't have it based on nothing but sony not naming Hardware based RT.

Avatar image for Juub1990
#70 Posted by Juub1990 (8515 posts) -

@tormentos: To be fair the PS1 was also released almos 2 years before the N64.

Avatar image for navyguy21
#71 Posted by navyguy21 (15246 posts) -

This sh!t again???

Avatar image for Juub1990
#72 Posted by Juub1990 (8515 posts) -

@boxrekt: Why isn’t this obvious troll banned lol?

Avatar image for dzimm
#73 Posted by dzimm (5449 posts) -
@DarthaPerkinjan said:

Microsoft and Sony are not holding back on next gen. The PS5 and Scarlett will crush 99.99% of PCs.

And within a year or two, they'll be on par with a low-powered PC. So what?

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#74 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3167 posts) -

Ignorant console kids are falling for marketing hype again. Will you ever learn? This will be an even smaller jump than the launch consoles to Pro/X. 8K/120fps??? These consoles are gonna be comparable to lower mid tier PCs when they launch. The GPU tech will be years behind then.

Avatar image for tormentos
#75 Posted by tormentos (29086 posts) -

@goldenelementxl said:

Ignorant console kids are falling for marketing hype again. Will you ever learn? This will be an even smaller jump than the launch consoles to Pro/X. 8K/120fps??? These consoles are gonna be comparable to lower mid tier PCs when they launch. The GPU tech will be years behind then.

I agree there isn't a GPU on AMD side 3 times as powerful as the XBO X.

Which is why when MS claimed 4X xbox one X,i climed they most be talking about the CPU side.

8k/120FPs is a message for the average joe who doesn't know anything.

Avatar image for AdobeArtist
#76 Posted by AdobeArtist (25156 posts) -
@boxrekt said:

Lot's of damage control for PC gamers who spent $1000+ on their hardware thinking they were special when their generic configurations will get shat on by $500 consoles in 1 years time and hermits will have to spend another $800 just to say they are getting 10% better performance.

What a silly bunch of insecure dopes.

Graphically speaking, there isn't any PC configuration you have right now, no matter how much you spent, that will be superior to next gen consoles. Next gen consoles already have tech that is SUPERIOR to whatever is in your rig right now and there is no damage control to change that because the tech in next gen consoles isn't even out right now. FACT!

Unlike your generic PC hardware setups, next gen consoles will have custom tech that push their unreleased next gen PC components even further than the standard stuff you'll buy of the shelf.

It's over for you PC guys who want to brag about resolution and framerate as the last reasons why you claim PC is superior.

You're literally going to have to upgrade your PC to the point to where you're playing all your games in 8k 60fps before you'll be able claim "superiority" over consoles again lol good luck with that.

This is the gaming equivalent of Flat Earth fanaticism.

Avatar image for boxrekt
#77 Posted by BoxRekt (1415 posts) -
@Juub1990 said:

@boxrekt: Why isn’t this obvious troll banned lol?

Tell me, in what why do you think PC will be *graphically* superior to consoles next gen? Answer that question with a realistic answer if you can.

Avatar image for boxrekt
#78 Edited by BoxRekt (1415 posts) -
@AdobeArtist said:
@boxrekt said:

Lot's of damage control for PC gamers who spent $1000+ on their hardware thinking they were special when their generic configurations will get shat on by $500 consoles in 1 years time and hermits will have to spend another $800 just to say they are getting 10% better performance.

What a silly bunch of insecure dopes.

Graphically speaking, there isn't any PC configuration you have right now, no matter how much you spent, that will be superior to next gen consoles. Next gen consoles already have tech that is SUPERIOR to whatever is in your rig right now and there is no damage control to change that because the tech in next gen consoles isn't even out right now. FACT!

Unlike your generic PC hardware setups, next gen consoles will have custom tech that push their unreleased next gen PC components even further than the standard stuff you'll buy of the shelf.

It's over for you PC guys who want to brag about resolution and framerate as the last reasons why you claim PC is superior.

You're literally going to have to upgrade your PC to the point to where you're playing all your games in 8k 60fps before you'll be able claim "superiority" over consoles again lol good luck with that.

This is the gaming equivalent of Flat Earth fanaticism.

Ryzen 2600X and RTX 2070 eh? Yeah, lol the PS5 will definitely more powerful than your rig!

Flat Earth and all those nonsense arguments you spit at me won't change facts.

FACT

The hardware in next gen consoles are more advanced than anything currently on the market. YOU NEED TO DEAL WITH IT! Rationalize and come to terms with reality before trying to take shots at me.

Navi is next gen GPU with RNDA not GCN! The CPU is more advanced than yours! The SSD is a CUSTOM designed drive specifically created to work with the system confirmed faster than any current SSD on the market unlike your generic SSD's you randomly threw into your rig.

You can kick rocks and throw a fit if you like but these are all confirmed FACT. Now you can go back to your flat earth non-argument jabs.

Avatar image for DragonfireXZ95
#79 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (25255 posts) -
@boxrekt said:
@AdobeArtist said:
@boxrekt said:

Lot's of damage control for PC gamers who spent $1000+ on their hardware thinking they were special when their generic configurations will get shat on by $500 consoles in 1 years time and hermits will have to spend another $800 just to say they are getting 10% better performance.

What a silly bunch of insecure dopes.

Graphically speaking, there isn't any PC configuration you have right now, no matter how much you spent, that will be superior to next gen consoles. Next gen consoles already have tech that is SUPERIOR to whatever is in your rig right now and there is no damage control to change that because the tech in next gen consoles isn't even out right now. FACT!

Unlike your generic PC hardware setups, next gen consoles will have custom tech that push their unreleased next gen PC components even further than the standard stuff you'll buy of the shelf.

It's over for you PC guys who want to brag about resolution and framerate as the last reasons why you claim PC is superior.

You're literally going to have to upgrade your PC to the point to where you're playing all your games in 8k 60fps before you'll be able claim "superiority" over consoles again lol good luck with that.

This is the gaming equivalent of Flat Earth fanaticism.

The PS5 will definitely more powerful than your rig.

Flat Earth and all those nonsense arguments you spit at me won't change facts.

FACT

The hardware in next gen consoles are more advanced than anything currently on the market. YOU NEED TO DEAL WITH IT! Rationalize and come to terms with reality while trying to take shots at me.

Navi is next gen GPU with RNDA not GCN! The CPU is more advanced than yours! The SSD is a CUSTOM designed drive specifically created to work with the system unlike your generic SSD's you randomly threw into your rig.

Kick rocks and throw a fit if you like but these are all confirmed FACT. Now you can go back to your flat earth non-argument ramblings.

I think it's finally happened. He's been teetering on the edge, but the deep end has swallowed him whole.

Avatar image for boxrekt
#80 Edited by BoxRekt (1415 posts) -
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@boxrekt said:
@AdobeArtist said:

This is the gaming equivalent of Flat Earth fanaticism.

The PS5 will definitely more powerful than your rig.

Flat Earth and all those nonsense arguments you spit at me won't change facts.

FACT

The hardware in next gen consoles are more advanced than anything currently on the market. YOU NEED TO DEAL WITH IT! Rationalize and come to terms with reality while trying to take shots at me.

Navi is next gen GPU with RNDA not GCN! The CPU is more advanced than yours! The SSD is a CUSTOM designed drive specifically created to work with the system unlike your generic SSD's you randomly threw into your rig.

Kick rocks and throw a fit if you like but these are all confirmed FACT. Now you can go back to your flat earth non-argument ramblings.

I think it's finally happened. He's been teetering on the edge, but the deep end has swallowed him whole.

Same question I asked to @Juub1990

Tell me, in what why do you think PC will be *graphically* superior to consoles next gen? Answer that question with a realistic answer if you can.

Avatar image for zaryia
#81 Edited by Zaryia (8608 posts) -
@ajstyles said:

PC gamers are already behind consoles. The average steam user has some trash tier PC that plays games at 1080p or less.

Go google it. Most PC lamers are playing on ancient PC’s worse than the PS4/Xbone.

Red Herring. There are many console gamers who still use consoles prior to PS4 or XB1, yet you aren't including those - but you are willing to include Grandma's Dell or people that did not upgrade this gen.

There are dozens of million of more PCs that can beat XB1 or PS4 vs. the number of those systems sold. This is easily seen via hardware sales.

The take-away: PC has vastly more people enjoying superior hardware vs the number of Sony or Xbox gamers. That's just a fact.

PC gamers are ahead of console gamers.

Avatar image for zaryia
#82 Edited by Zaryia (8608 posts) -
@boxrekt said:

Lot's of damage control for PC gamers who spent $1000+ on their hardware thinking they were special when their generic configurations will get shat on by $500 consoles in 1 years time and hermits will have to spend another $800 just to say they are getting 10% better performance.

What a silly bunch of insecure dopes.

Graphically speaking, there isn't any PC configuration you have right now, no matter how much you spent, that will be superior to next gen consoles. Next gen consoles already have tech that is SUPERIOR to whatever is in your rig right now and there is no damage control to change that because the tech in next gen consoles isn't even out right now. FACT!

Unlike your generic PC hardware setups, next gen consoles will have custom tech that push their unreleased next gen PC components even further than the standard stuff you'll buy of the shelf.

It's over for you PC guys who want to brag about resolution and framerate as the last reasons why you claim PC is superior.

You're literally going to have to upgrade your PC to the point to where you're playing all your games in 8k 60fps before you'll be able claim "superiority" over consoles again lol good luck with that.

@scatteh316 said:
@rmpumper said:
@scatteh316 said:

It's the super fast SSD's the PC's will struggle with.......... PC is so fragmented and there's such a wide range of HDD/SSD options that they can never push it on PC as they'll be.

Data streaming and load times is something PC will probably never catch up with....... CPU and GPU wise it'll be fine.

Depends on game engine. Trash like Forstbite takes over a minute to load on both, but other engines load 5x faster on a SATA SSD. That's why that SONY load time demo is full of shit.

DATA STREAMING................. that is all.

We hear this shit at the end of every gen for the last 4 gens (and it's always from non-gamer Cows). You end guys up dead wrong. Incredibly so.

5th tries a charm?

Avatar image for ronvalencia
#83 Edited by ronvalencia (27867 posts) -

@boxrekt said:
@AdobeArtist said:
@boxrekt said:

Lot's of damage control for PC gamers who spent $1000+ on their hardware thinking they were special when their generic configurations will get shat on by $500 consoles in 1 years time and hermits will have to spend another $800 just to say they are getting 10% better performance.

What a silly bunch of insecure dopes.

Graphically speaking, there isn't any PC configuration you have right now, no matter how much you spent, that will be superior to next gen consoles. Next gen consoles already have tech that is SUPERIOR to whatever is in your rig right now and there is no damage control to change that because the tech in next gen consoles isn't even out right now. FACT!

Unlike your generic PC hardware setups, next gen consoles will have custom tech that push their unreleased next gen PC components even further than the standard stuff you'll buy of the shelf.

It's over for you PC guys who want to brag about resolution and framerate as the last reasons why you claim PC is superior.

You're literally going to have to upgrade your PC to the point to where you're playing all your games in 8k 60fps before you'll be able claim "superiority" over consoles again lol good luck with that.

This is the gaming equivalent of Flat Earth fanaticism.

Ryzen 2600X and RTX 2070 eh? Yeah, lol the PS5 will definitely more powerful than your rig!

Flat Earth and all those nonsense arguments you spit at me won't change facts.

FACT

The hardware in next gen consoles are more advanced than anything currently on the market. YOU NEED TO DEAL WITH IT! Rationalize and come to terms with reality before trying to take shots at me.

Navi is next gen GPU with RNDA not GCN! The CPU is more advanced than yours! The SSD is a CUSTOM designed drive specifically created to work with the system confirmed faster than any current SSD on the market unlike your generic SSD's you randomly threw into your rig.

You can kick rocks and throw a fit if you like but these are all confirmed FACT. Now you can go back to your flat earth non-argument jabs.

FYI, Her "RTX 2070 MSI Armor OC" is not normal RTX 2070.

The real test is with Unreal Engine 4 games.

AMD has avoided Unreal Engine 4 based games...

Examples for Unreal Engine 4 games

RTX 2070 rivalled or exceed Vega II.

I switch back to NVIDIA camp via GTX 980 Ti over Fury X due to Unreal Engine 4 based games.

AMD must address Unreal Engine 4!

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
#84 Posted by slimdogmilionar (1105 posts) -

Amd has no high end gpu on the market, pc can’t hit 8k without sli. So we are to expect next gen consoles to be running either sli or one beastly gpu that will just completely obliterate the 2080ti while keeping power and heat output of said gpu within safe operating temps inside a box not even 1/4 the size of a pc tower.

Did we not learn anything with PS4 and xbone release. People said console optimization would push the consoles past pc. Come to find out a dual core Pentium processor and 750ti was all that was required to match or beat the PS4.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#85 Posted by lundy86_4 (53187 posts) -

Haha... No...

Avatar image for fedor
#86 Posted by Fedor (4982 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar: Console kidz never learn.

Avatar image for tormentos
#87 Edited by tormentos (29086 posts) -

@fedor said:

@slimdogmilionar: Console kidz never learn.

Actually he was one of those who ran the whole DX12 will double the xbox one power this gen..,lol

Also like i say when i saw the conference the whole 4X power of Scarlet was all CPU based.

That deceiving MS is been here,we know for facts that for generation the gaps is measure on the GPU side not the CPU side.

Avatar image for PinchySkree
#88 Edited by PinchySkree (1222 posts) -
@boxrekt said:
[begging]

Single console only loser begging for other systems not to exist

Avatar image for fedor
#89 Posted by Fedor (4982 posts) -

@tormentos: Well he was certainly wrong about that.

Avatar image for drlostrib
#90 Posted by DrLostRib (4904 posts) -

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

Zen 2. 8k @ 120 fps. .

If you actually believe that, prepare to be very disappointed next gen

Avatar image for kingtito
#91 Posted by kingtito (10367 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@fedor said:

@slimdogmilionar: Console kidz never learn.

Actually he was one of those who ran the whole DX12 will double the xbox one power this gen..,lol

Also like i say when i saw the conference the whole 4X power of Scarlet was all CPU based.

That deceiving MS is been here,we know for facts that for generation the gaps is measure on the GPU side not the CPU side.

You realize he said consoles kids not just MS but funny how you omit anything a Sony fanboy would have said about power of the PS4. Such a clown

Avatar image for nusna_moebius
#92 Edited by NUSNA_Moebius (118 posts) -

@Sevenizz said:

The ps1 to ps2 were big jumps? They both looked terrible compared to their competitors.

PS1 looked great compared to the 3DO, Jaguar, and the Saturn pre-launch and early on. Even after the N64 came out, devs figured out tricks to make PS1 games still look nice despite the major gulf in image quality (N64 having sub-pixel precision, z-buffer, texture perspective correction & interpolation). Plus there were the inherit advantages of being disc based. I still have to sometimes remind myself that the PS1 pulled off games like MGS1, Ridge Racer Type 4, and the Spyro and Crash Bandicoot series. Arguably those games are outliers in PS1 development competence, but they were PS1 games never-the-less. Throw them on ePSXe with the proper graphical plug-ins to modernize the rendering pipeline, and they can often look like Dreamcast games.

PS2 was technically an absolute monster at first reveal, in excess of what even PC GPUs could do at that time, namely massive raw polygon counts and pixel throughput. The lack of built-in-hardware features hurt the system against it's competition and later on in it's life, but in the right hands, could hold it's own. Launch window games were mediocre, but 2001 saw the arrival of the first excellent playing and graphically competent titles like Gran Turismo 3, Final Fantasy 10, Ace Combat 4, and MGS2. There are alot of very good looking games on the system, esp 1st and 2nd party devs that knew how to use the Emotion Engine and GS combination correctly and to their complete advantage.

Avatar image for pyro1245
#93 Posted by pyro1245 (5004 posts) -

30 fps, variable resolution next-gen console games incoming.

Hey at least you'll have a modern loading experience though.

Avatar image for tormentos
#94 Posted by tormentos (29086 posts) -

@kingtito said:

You realize he said consoles kids not just MS but funny how you omit anything a Sony fanboy would have said about power of the PS4. Such a clown

Like what? There was no cloud on PS4 or magic API's,in fact i made several threads about DX12 and you people keep defending MS even when DX12 would do nothing for the xbox neither would the cloud.

Avatar image for calvincfb
#95 Posted by Calvincfb (1297 posts) -

Hermits are shook LMFAO

Avatar image for kingtito
#96 Posted by kingtito (10367 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

You realize he said consoles kids not just MS but funny how you omit anything a Sony fanboy would have said about power of the PS4. Such a clown

Like what? There was no cloud on PS4 or magic API's,in fact i made several threads about DX12 and you people keep defending MS even when DX12 would do nothing for the xbox neither would the cloud.

Really? You're going to pretend cows and Sony have never made PR fluff statements about their consoles power?

You really are a shill for Sony. You're not a gamer(we already knew that) but you're not even trying to hide it. Clown of SWs

Avatar image for AdobeArtist
#97 Edited by AdobeArtist (25156 posts) -
@boxrekt said:
@AdobeArtist said:
@boxrekt said:

<big meaningless rant>

This is the gaming equivalent of Flat Earth fanaticism.

Ryzen 2600X and RTX 2070 eh? Yeah, lol the PS5 will definitely more powerful than your rig!

Flat Earth and all those nonsense arguments you spit at me won't change facts.

FACT

The hardware in next gen consoles are more advanced than anything currently on the market. YOU NEED TO DEAL WITH IT! Rationalize and come to terms with reality before trying to take shots at me.

Navi is next gen GPU with RNDA not GCN! The CPU is more advanced than yours! The SSD is a CUSTOM designed drive specifically created to work with the system confirmed faster than any current SSD on the market unlike your generic SSD's you randomly threw into your rig.

You can kick rocks and throw a fit if you like but these are all confirmed FACT. Now you can go back to your flat earth non-argument jabs.

You keep shouting about "Zen 2, Zen 2!!!" as if it's a unified architecture. You do realize that there are multiple SKU's of the Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000 series) CPU's being released? Ranging in core/thread count and more importantly frequency, factoring the base speed and boost/overclock, the latter which depends on the motherboard power delivery and cooling solution.

Let's just say the Zen 2 processor going into PS5 and Scarlet will still be 8 cores (no hyperthreading) total; what you haven't taken into consideration is that the Zen going into the next gen consoles won't be the same as the desktop models available in stores for PC builds. As before this will be a proprietary version of Zen custom made for the consoles, and locked chips. The XoneX topped out at just 2.3 GHz, when every PC CPU (Intel and AMD) came out of the box at 3.2 GHz minimum, 3.6 GHz probably being the average used, and still having overhead for boost/overclock speeds, that could be anywhere from 4 GHz to 4.4 GHz with Ryzen 2, and even 5 GHz on the Intel side. So yes, even an entry level first gen Ryzen and Intel i5 could outpace "the most powerful console ever released" as well as not bottlenecking the GPU.

Sure the custom Zen 2 found in Scarlet and the PS5 will be a big leap over that archaic Jaguar, but still I'd be really really surprised if either gets up to an even 3 GHz... while PC gamers will be running processors at well over 4 GHz. This is without determining if the custom Zen 2 IPC matches the desktop chips. And as for the GPU's, with their clock speeds and Teraflops... guess we'll have to wait and see.

You are going to be getting a great graphics boost, but don't kid yourself that it'll be 8K. That's going to be for video support, not in the games. It'll also be nice if developers leverage the new hardware for a better balance of visuals and performance (fps) and not focus entirely on the eye candy.

And especially don't delude yourself that the next consoles will "crush" relatively spec'd PC's that are above entry level.... oh sorry, no, there won't be "console optimization magic" that can compensate for the technical gap. Hardware works according to actual physics, not PR talk or wishful thinking.

Avatar image for scatteh316
#98 Edited by scatteh316 (10207 posts) -
@zaryia said:
@boxrekt said:

Lot's of damage control for PC gamers who spent $1000+ on their hardware thinking they were special when their generic configurations will get shat on by $500 consoles in 1 years time and hermits will have to spend another $800 just to say they are getting 10% better performance.

What a silly bunch of insecure dopes.

Graphically speaking, there isn't any PC configuration you have right now, no matter how much you spent, that will be superior to next gen consoles. Next gen consoles already have tech that is SUPERIOR to whatever is in your rig right now and there is no damage control to change that because the tech in next gen consoles isn't even out right now. FACT!

Unlike your generic PC hardware setups, next gen consoles will have custom tech that push their unreleased next gen PC components even further than the standard stuff you'll buy of the shelf.

It's over for you PC guys who want to brag about resolution and framerate as the last reasons why you claim PC is superior.

You're literally going to have to upgrade your PC to the point to where you're playing all your games in 8k 60fps before you'll be able claim "superiority" over consoles again lol good luck with that.

@scatteh316 said:
@rmpumper said:
@scatteh316 said:

It's the super fast SSD's the PC's will struggle with.......... PC is so fragmented and there's such a wide range of HDD/SSD options that they can never push it on PC as they'll be.

Data streaming and load times is something PC will probably never catch up with....... CPU and GPU wise it'll be fine.

Depends on game engine. Trash like Forstbite takes over a minute to load on both, but other engines load 5x faster on a SATA SSD. That's why that SONY load time demo is full of shit.

DATA STREAMING................. that is all.

We hear this shit at the end of every gen for the last 4 gens (and it's always from non-gamer Cows). You end guys up dead wrong. Incredibly so.

5th tries a charm?

You got a decent PC yet that's faster then Pro and X1X?

Avatar image for scatteh316
#99 Edited by scatteh316 (10207 posts) -
@pyro1245 said:

30 fps, variable resolution next-gen console games incoming.

Hey at least you'll have a modern loading experience though.

Better then DLSS on PC...lmao

Avatar image for scatteh316
#100 Posted by scatteh316 (10207 posts) -
@ronvalencia said:
@scatteh316 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

But here's the thing, it's the biggest jump for consoles. Consoles will now go from very slow loading, to very fast loading. But PCs were never slow at loading. Loading my steam games from my 2TB WD Black HDD is vastly quicker than loading speeds on consoles for example, and that's just a HDD, games seem to load in just a matter of seconds.

Also there MAY possibly be other avenues on the PC to explore for more speed. Throwing some ideas out there, some may or may not work, but perhaps the standard HDD + common SSD (slower option), to Optane (very fast, but expensive), to maybe a HDD + or SSD + system RAM caching (Insanely fast) if they could pull it off, but that may require more than the standard 16GB of RAM... Many SSDs come with software and drivers that allow for system RAM caching taking something like 4GBs of my 16GBs of RAM, which it uses for read and writes, the benefits also that it minimises the small random writes which apparently wear out ssds unless I misunderstood that part. But after you turn that option on and then use a speed testing program, suddenly the read and write speeds are insane.

That said, loading has always been fast on the PC to the point where I don't think it's an issue imo.

But sure, I don't see there being a custom SSD on PCs designed in exactly the same way as the PS4, but there may be other avenues which come close enough (or exceed in the case of RAM caching).

I think what else you may see are special hybrid HDD/SSDs for gamers from WD, Seagate etc which have some sort of custom SSD tech built into them perhaps, like a new line of the Seagate Firecuda's. That may be one of the more affordable options I guess. That could be the closest alternative.

1. Consoles load slow because of their slow CPU's taking ages to decompress stuff.....that's why X1X and Pro load faster....their slightly faster CPU's can decompress the files slightly faster.

2. Data streaming is not the same as loading..... Let's say PS5's SSD can push 1Gb/s transfer speeds....... EVERY PS5 can do that.....and developers can use that for streaming better quality assets, reduced pop-in...etc...etc..... You can't do that on PC as you can't grantee they'll have the same 1Gb/s transfer speeds PS5 has.

That's the problem with PC.... as a platform it's too fragmented.

Competitive market pressures drives the PC market.

Still doesn't stop the awful fragmentation you get on PC as a platform.