Here's your local daily rumor of Bloodborne news SW!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56039 Posts

Word on the street is Bluepoint Games porting Bloodborne for PC & Remastered version on PS5 could be announce soon and as always, take it with a grind of salt. But hey, if this is true that means PS5 port with better framerate, so it's a win/win scenario. Then again, considering Sony just bought Bluepoint Games and seems intent on using remasters to drive PS5 sales, I'm gonna be skeptical here.

Slow news today, so I'll just leave this rumor up you if you believe it or not🤷‍♂️

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

we've been getting mouthy bloodborne rumors don't trust this at all.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1228 Posts

Game doesn't need a remaster, just a patch.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

Good old Sony, rather than patching the game they will charge you 70$ for a "remake"

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaVillain  Moderator

@thedork_knight said:

Good old Sony, rather than patching the game they will charge you 70$ for a "remake"

Well yeah, if it isn't $70, Sony fans will have a fit if it's not $70 top quality exclusive.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1566 Posts
@davillain- said:

Word on the street is Bluepoint Games porting Bloodborne for PC & Remastered version on PS5 could be announce soon and as always, take it with a grind of salt. But hey, if this is true that means PS5 port with better framerate, so it's a win/win scenario. Then again, considering Sony just bought Bluepoint Games and seems intent on using remasters to drive PS5 sales, I'm gonna be skeptical here.

Slow news today, so I'll just leave this rumor up you if you believe it or not🤷‍♂️

I'm calling BS on this.

Sony didn't buy BluePoint to put out "remasters". Sony already has a PC studio for ports that could do a "port/remaster" for them so that would be a waste of resources using BluePoint for that task.

Any game BluePoint makes from a former Sony IP, it will be a REMAKE. Or heavily altered version from the ground up still qualifying as a remake.

The Bloodborn thing may be real, but it won't be from BluePoint unless it's a full REMAKE for PS5 and therefore would not see a PC version unless it was a port of the PS4 version from a different studio.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞 Don't play with my feelings bro

$70 is easily worth it. I'd pay $700 if I could have it right the f*** now.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

Highly doubt it. Sony usually acquires a studio after they have released the game not when they are developing a game. Happened with Sucker Punch, Insomniac, Housemarque, so Bluepoint and BB remaster just don't gel that well.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10416 Posts

i'm playing dark souls 3 at the minute. it looks so much better than bloodborne did framerate and resolution wise and bb is like one year older than it. didn't play ds3 on ps4 so not sure if it's had a ps5 update, probably has, but based on it there's no obvious reason why bloodborne couldn't get the same treatment. would 100% give it a new lease of life. a bloodborne remake in the same vein as demon's souls for this gen only systems would be nice but it's not really necessary

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

That would be cool... Hopefully it gets the full PC release and I will give this another spin, not interested if it only an EGS exclusive.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10416 Posts

@girlusocrazy: yeah 100%, it's not even close. but ds was a remake not remaster. a remaster sounds much quicker and genuinely feel that would be enough to give bloodborne a new lease of life. but then again from what i read bluepoint started work on ds remake in 2018, and then released in 2020, which was amazing if true. not sure exactly how accurate that is but if they can turn a bb remake around in a similar time, to that same ds standard, holy shit, i would take that all day long

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@davillain- said:

remaster or remake?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain  Moderator

@clone01: Could be both for all we know. This is all but rumors and hey, you're guess is as good as me.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44547 Posts

Cool for PC gamers who missed it, and kind of I imagine a mixed bag news for PS5 gamers, awesome a game this celebrated will take advantage of new hardware, but downside it signals more solidifying of Sony's aversion to upgrade their games gratis, and relatively speaking it would be awesome news if this was only a $10 upgrade but my guess it'll be another $70 exploitation of the Sony fanbase. I guess Sony isn't noticing the fallout of Nintendo trying to push a $30/year subscription add on for N64 games.

Loading Video...

But it is a rumor but it is one I can definitely see happening. But if true this should be good news, maybe. I mean, it's clear the recent Alan Wake remaster happened because Remedy has plans to build on the series and its shared universe with Control. Maybe something similar here as a sign of a sequel may come? Then again if so this is a weird scenario as BluePoint's career can be summed up as almost entirely ports and remasters. I don't imagine they'll have a hand in a new IP. Then again seeing how Elden Ring is shaping up it wouldn't surprise me if FromSoftware is developing something on the side with their A-list talent.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 939 Posts

Wasnt BP suposedly working on a brand new IP?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

There's no way this game doesn't get remastered. It's just too good.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

I'm conflicted. I'd rather play a new game from FromSoft that's in the vein of Bloodborne, but I wanna play Bloodborne with proper 60+ FPS, rather than the shitty state it is in now.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38714 Posts

Remastering a game that came out not even long ago🤦‍♂️

If the whole of last gen wasn't a pathetic mess of underpowered systems, we wouldn't need a remaster of a 6 years old game, because it would run and look great the first time around. And here i am hearing the constant "graphics are not important".........

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

Shame Bluepoint didn't port Shadow of the Colossus PS4 remake to PS5.

I would've loved seeing 60fps at 4K.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

Yeah, sure. Totally.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@davillain- said:

@clone01: Could be both for all we know. This is all but rumors and hey, you're guess is as good as me.

right on. I thought the Bluepoint Demons Souls remake was just stellar, an would love to see that treatment with BB.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#27 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@davillain-: lol “grind of salt”

More places to play the merrier