Here's the Wii U reveal video of just over 5 years ago. How NOT to reveal a console

• 77 results
Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#51 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

@iandizion713: or not at all. With how they're handling BOW I don't see them going back to the old formula. But one can hope to see it someday.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#52 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

@iandizion713: If I ran the zoo things would be different. But just going by statistics and listening to the youthful market I have access to, Nintendo is not refreshing the dwindling pool of lovers as they once did.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#53  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@Kruiz_Bathory: Yeah, i expect well see it on NX along with a 2D Zelda game. I think Nintendo was trying to go dark, and then was like fack it, we need some cheerful colors, shats depressing around here.

@cainetao11: I dont see Microsoft and Sony doing anything better. Nintendo is at least trying to go after the youth as they game on tablet and phones. As for older kids, Nintendo cant help if Nintendo games arent appealing or popular among them, thats their problem. They want Nintendo to make mature games and Disney to make mature animations.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17779 Posts

@iandizion713: oh yeah. that was class also. that iconic blue light. originally i think nitnendo just had it there to show where the disc would go in. but people went mad for it so they built it into the retail unit.

maybe they should have the NX dropped in by a drone when its revealed :P.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By iandizion713

@osan0: That would be funny. I think they should try the same format kinda. Have a presenter announce it, tell us the concept, and show it off. Then a video of advertising the concept. Im sure they got some good ideals, i like their new marketing teams.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#56 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Poor marketing killed the Wii U. The average joe consumer thought Wii U was an add on for a console they hadn't turned on since 2009 anyways.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17637 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

@cainetao11: I dont see Microsoft and Sony doing anything better. Nintendo is at least trying to go after the youth as they game on tablet and phones. As for older kids, Nintendo cant help if Nintendo games arent appealing or popular among them, thats their problem. They want Nintendo to make mature games and Disney to make mature animations.

Disney has procured Star Wars and has made the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, and also has their hands in many areas that are catered towards adult audiences. Nintendo's not like them at all. I'd equate them more to Fischer price in terms of targeted demographics.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@iandizion713 said:
@superbuuman said:
@iandizion713 said:

@superbuuman: Star Fox Zero dont actually need it. You can play the whole game toggling on one screen.

I am just pointing out from the video shown, what Miyamoto said about the Wii U gamepad - what could be done?...before Wii U launch...to what he did with it after launch. :P

You cant expect Nintendo to do all the work always. Also there are many ways to use the Gamepad, not just one way. My favorite is off-screen play, which Nintendo uses a lot.

No I do, when they are the one changing stuff & telling the gamepad is worth buying. :P I mean they need to grill more whoever came up the idea for the Wii U gamepad to exist ..even if it is from "God-to" Miyamoto himself. He should be grilled for why it should exist & why it should happen...not just saying "oh we leave for others to figure it out"...the gamepad wasn't cheap...hopefully they realise this with NX...& anyone that come up with new function/whatever for NX controllers will be grilled as to why, & what for...so we don't get a repeat of Wii U gamepad. :P

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

@cainetao11: That was one of Nintendos mistakes. They stated, we want to go this way and not compete with Sony or Xbox. So they designed their console and games to be different. What they didnt expect, is that Sony and Xbox would change coarse and follow Nintendo forcing them back into competition. Nintendo then tried again to go a different route with Wii U, trying to be more balanced, but Sony and Xbox went above them again. Everything Nintendo tries to do different, the industry just follows Nintendo for some reason forcing them to compete.

Remember Miiverse and Mii characters, all thats being copied. Remember Nintendos Indie scene of trying to help the little developers, it was the reason they made cheaper consoles, to lower development cost, Xbox and Sony would later do the same. Remember 3D tech and AR tech Nintendo tried to do to be different, that tech is being used by Sony, Xbox, and others too.

Big money is powerful.

Move and Kinect weren't that successful, really. While they clearly tried to ride the coattails of Wii/motion gaming, by the time they were released the Wii was already on it's downturn. And nobody is going to attribute the PS3 or 360 success because they "copied Nintendo" with their motion controls, or anything else for that matter.

Nintendo certainly had a hit with the Wii. But I think that was sort of a fad that came and went on it's own. What happened to Nintendo after was simply them not coming up with another hit idea. I mean problem 1a is the fact that Wii-U was not even notably more powerful than PS3/360. They got away with that underpowered hardware on the Wii because of the brilliance of the motion controlling gimmick. It was a great idea that people wanted to try out (even if just for a short while). But the idea of a tablet controller was not that brilliant, people didn't really care. So all that's left was an underpowered and overpriced console that only insane Nintendo fanboys could justify. Hopefully Nintendo come up with better hardware this time around so their games will have a better platform.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By iandizion713

@2Chalupas: Nintendo has a hit with bout everything they do. How many Wii U features are being copied by the industry? All of them? What?

@MirkoS77: Disney has never made a mature animation. Nintendo has made a mature game before.

@superbuuman: Plenty of games use the Gamepad in cool ways, im sorry but i dont want every single game trying to use the gamepad. Its just like with Wii, we dont need every single Wii game using motion controls, and thank god not all did.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 MirkoS77

@iandizion713 said:

@2Chalupas: Nintendo has a hit with bout everything they do. How many Wii U features are being copied by the industry? All of them? What?

@MirkoS77: Disney has never made a mature animation. Nintendo has made a mature game before.

@superbuuman: Plenty of games use the Gamepad in cool ways, im sorry but i dont want every single game trying to use the gamepad. Its just like with Wii, we dont need every single Wii game using motion controls, and thank god not all did.

Why are we restricting this to animation? Disney is not all animation y'know. They're a company that does movies, animations, theme parks, toys. The movies I mentioned are mature.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By iandizion713

@MirkoS77: Because thats what people have been asking for, that Disney make a mature animation movie thats caters to teens and young adults. But yeah, a mature movie or game would be nice too. They have yet to make one.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MirkoS77

@iandizion713 said:

@MirkoS77: Because thats what people have been asking for, that Disney make a mature animation movie thats caters to teens and young adults. But yeah, a mature movie or game would be nice too. They have yet to make one.

Disney does?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By iandizion713

@MirkoS77: What mature rated r movie do they got? Wheres their rated m game?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 MirkoS77

@iandizion713 said:

@MirkoS77: What mature rated r movie do they got? Wheres their rated m game?

Right, now all of a sudden adult has morphed into m or rated r.

I can name plenty of adult themed movies Disney has made. For some reason, you Nintendo fans seem to equate blood and guts, tits and ass with "adult". This is a prepubescent understanding of what being an adult entails.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 iandizion713

@MirkoS77: Sorry, we want the stuff that comes in those ratings. Rated M games and rated R movies. I know Nintendo has done one, but its time to do more. Also time for Disney to step up, get with the times.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

MS showed how not to do it with the abortion of a reveal for the X1 and then SONY promptly knocked them the **** out and made MS change their whole vision of the console not to mention the dropping of Kinect, thank god.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By MirkoS77

@iandizion713 said:

@MirkoS77: Sorry, we want the stuff that comes in those ratings. Rated M games and rated R movies. I know Nintendo has done one, but its time to do more. Also time for Disney to step up, get with the times.

Sorry, you're moving the goalposts to be-suit your argument away from what the topic is. I won't play ball, and hopefully one day you'll realize that adult doesn't mean rated R or M. It means not being fischer priced and approaching adult themes and material, something Disney does much more on a regular basis than Nintendo ever does.

Deal with it.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By iandizion713

@MirkoS77: It means whatever i want it to mean, it was my statement. But i understand you have nothing to say now, Disney has never made an adult movie that caters to teens and young adults who like mature adult content. They have never made a rated R movie or a rated M game.

Nintendo on the other hand has. Deal with it. But like i stated, we want more. more blood please. Nothing wrong with these companies catering to both, stop defending them.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 MirkoS77

@iandizion713: of course, you can't win the argument on the basis it started, so change the standards. Adult all of a sudden morphs into blood and sex, teens and young adults. How convenient for you. It's transparent.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By iandizion713

@MirkoS77: Its what we want. We want rated R movies and rated M games. We want that dark real shat. We want pain, suffering, against all odds, noir, sex, death, decay, nudity, gore, we want it all.

When i was little i use to play this Nascar game. I would get on that game and drive backwards on the track crashing stuff. It was an awesome game. The car damage in that game was sweet too.

Then the industry took that shat away from me. They refused to let me drive backwards. Started removing damage. Changed the game forever. But its time to change it back.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#72 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@silversix_ said:

I enjoy seeing a messy Nintendo, they're very entertaining. Cannot wait for the cringe worthy NX announcement!!!

HA HA HA Coolyfett does also man!!! Nintendo does a lot of funny stuff. Coolyfett doesnt want them to fail, but the Memes they product are legendary.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 MirkoS77

@iandizion713 said:

@MirkoS77: Its what we want. We want rated R movies and rated M games. We want that dark real shat. We want pain, suffering, against all odds, noir, sex, death, decay, nudity, gore, we want it all.

When i was little i use to play this Nascar game. I would get on that game and drive backwards on the track crashing stuff. It was an awesome game. The car damage in that game was sweet too.

Then the industry took that shat away from me. They refused to let me drive backwards. Started removing damage. Changed the game forever. But its time to change it back.

Drive backwards in Mario Kart! Chaos!

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

The reveal trailer makes it seem as though the Wii U is just a new controller you can use with your Wii. What a fail, lol.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#75 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Disney has released tons of dark themed animations. I find them darker and more mature than any of the CGI garbage released today.

The Lion King

Aladdin(Especially Return of Jafar)

Snow White

Beauty and The Beast

Bambi

Most of these stories feature dark themes, people dying, violence, poisoning, Alcohol abuse and a bunch more.

Much better than garbage like Cars or Shrek.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17779 Posts

@Heil68: well the X1 was a bit different. MS were actually very clear about their plans for the X1. what happened is that the market saw what the plan was and said "you have got to be beeping kidding me". but they got the message accross in fairness to them. its just their entire plan was a non runner.

in the case of the wiiu it was just "gerspelgasplergatabletmeepnoclearideasonwhattodowithitwoopie".

in fariness to sony they learned from the PS3 (another screw up. no clear message. no direction). the message was loud and clear. the PS4 was the most powerful console on the market. it cost the same as the competition. it has and will get all the games you are looking for and there is no nonsense. message received and understud.

lunar1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#77  Edited By lunar1122
Member since 2012 • 784 Posts

100% nx flops. 100%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% WII U level of floppage incoming.

I will always say, If nintendo wanted to return back to glory, They should release the supernintendo 3 with a purchase of at least 2 or 3 american game studios. Time to get companies that were like Rare in the golden days of super nintendo to keep churning out quality nintendo games. RARE was unbelievable... These are the games coming out of RARE back then.. Donkey Kong, Battletoads , Perfect Dark, 007, Killer Instinct, Banjo. Rare is a shell of its glorious past. Back then they had passion. Now they release garbage driven by the microsofts model of "social experiences". It has destroyed them as a game company.

Something happened to nintendo when the Wii was released. Because of its extremely successful but very short lived boom the wii had, they believe that all consoles from there on out must release with a gimmick so as to relive their Wii days. But what they have failed to realize is that those days are over. Phone has taken the mobile/touch games by storm. There is no gimmick that can beat what most phones are already doing. So if you are going to release a home console. It better be highly spec'd in accordance to its competition and a serious focus has to be on the games.

Nintendo has to stop only relying on its own personal studios to carry the weight. And unless the machine can play multiplats better or on par, IT will be a complete failure for multiplats.

Nintendo has lost its way.