Here is an Elden Ring thread for Hardwenzen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Here is an Elden Ring thread for Hardwenzen (25 votes)

Yes 72%
No 28%

Hello SW,

I am making this thread for Hardwenzen.

This is a free zone to talk about Elden Ring.

I am making this thread, because he keeps talking about Elden Ring in non-Elden Ring threads, causing disruptions.

My hypothesis is because there are no Elden Ring threads currently and like a lost puppy trying to find his way back home.

Anyways, here is a thread about Elden Ring.

Poll: Do you like Elden Ring?

• 
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44143 Posts

System wars not fanboys wars. ;o

But WTH, on this one I approve. lolol :P

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7213 Posts

Is this where we post Elden Ring Twitch numbers?

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8437 Posts

@mesome713: This is where we talk about Elden Ring Mesome. This is an Elden Ring safe space.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39191 Posts

Thank you. I appreciate the effort, but its not yet the time to make one. When they show the dlc, i will be in charge of spreading the beautiful information from our lords at Fromsoft.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7213 Posts

This game was forgotten so fast. Its a shame, it deserved so much more. I think had they polished the game better and not rushed it the user scores wouldnt be so low.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23942 Posts

Voted yes. Because I am glad the game exists.

But I thought the game was also really freakin' boring to play. But I am glad games like Elden RIng help push games more towards the gameplay side of things. Rather than the devs directing everything and trying to guide you through everything.

That said, unless FromSoft

1. Makes the combat mechanics fun
  2. Stops copy pasting assets all over the place (make the game smaller)
  3. Avoids an open world
  4. Makes the bosses feel more unique from each other.

I don't see myself returning for any future Miyazaki games. Elden Ring was really boring.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#8 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

It’s a truly great game.

gotgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gotgames
Member since 2022 • 476 Posts

Very overrated game. Has to many technical issues, crappy characters animations, terrible AI. Game is a 6 at best

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hardwenzen

@gotgames said:

Very overrated game. Has to many technical issues, crappy characters animations, terrible AI. Game is a 6 at best

I am sorry, can you please repeat what you just said?

gotgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gotgames
Member since 2022 • 476 Posts

@hardwenzen:

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11620 Posts

@gotgames said:

@hardwenzen:

Not a FromSoft fan?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hardwenzen

@gotgames said:

@hardwenzen:

Technical animations is a feature from Fromsoft. Its charming to have technical issues No, i am not like Bethesda fans that damage control broken shit, its bad, and Fromsoft is clueless when it comes to tech (this applies to almost every Japanese developer as well, tho). How exactly are animations crappy? Are you saying that they should've been more realistic? Cuz realistic animations is guaranteed to lower the responsiveness, and you don't want that in an action game. You're the first one that i hear complaining about AI. AI is not advanced or anything, but it does the job fine. Feels to me that you had trouble finding anything negative to say, so you complain about AI just for the sake of mentioning something negative.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10480 Posts
@Maroxad said:

Voted yes. Because I am glad the game exists.

But I thought the game was also really freakin' boring to play. But I am glad games like Elden RIng help push games more towards the gameplay side of things. Rather than the devs directing everything and trying to guide you through everything.

That said, unless FromSoft

1. Makes the combat mechanics fun
  2. Stops copy pasting assets all over the place (make the game smaller)
  3. Avoids an open world
  4. Makes the bosses feel more unique from each other.

I don't see myself returning for any future Miyazaki games. Elden Ring was really boring.

i can agree (ish) with points 2 and 3, and to a degree 4, although there were some fantastic boss fights. credit where it's due.

there was definitely repetitive aspects - catacombs being chief culprit, and some of the puzzles, all the fake walls, scenery, enemies, bosses / mini bosses too... but for a game as ridiculously large as elden ring, i could forgive it.

on the other hand, the size / length did wear me down and i did end up feeling fatigued, even though i was mostly loving the game, but when you're putting 170+ hours into a single playthrough (to try and do everything), it obviously needs to hold your attention for a long time, which is hard. and i did feel like there were less and less things to do in many of the later areas of the game compared to earlier parts. but it was more "too much of a good thing" rather than "this is going down hill." size and length wise bloodborne and demon's souls are perfect for me, i do want the next souls-like game to be more compact like those.

but i thought combat was great. so much variety, so many possible builds and combos of powers, plus the ability to respec to switch it up if things became repetitive or you hit a brick wall with your build. it's the easiest of the fromsoft games i've played but still challenging at times. what was it about the combat you didn't find fun?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23942 Posts

@hardwenzen: That reminds me, you asked me to repeat something I told you in the other thread, so let me do just that

"Elden Ring is disappointing"

But I can expand it further.

Elden Ring, plays like garbage. Miyazaki is a hack. Combat's broken: dismal balance, lots of bugs, movesets are dull, can only be made interesting by using multiple weapons. But punished for that, thanks equipment load, have to wear less cool armor or get slow rolls. Exploration is dull, world is empty, nearly everything in the world is marked out on the map like an Ubisoft game. Dungeons reuse the same 8 rooms, over and over again, who thought this was fun? Bosses are dull, mostly play out the same, same tired rhythm over and over again. Beat most bosses on first try, their patterns are that predictable. Density is dismal. Waste 20 minutes getting a weapon you cannot use, sorry, invested in strength, oh what's this? Another summon I will never use. Only good part are the legacy dungeons, but even then, half of them were forgettable. Level design, forgot to augment the encounters.

Elden ring, is just ****ing boring. First game I deleted of my Steam account. It was that bad, so bad. Not worthy, of FromSoft's history. Makers of masterpieces like Demons, Dark and Bloodborne.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22763 Posts

What is this nonsense? Fanboy wars bleh!! Lockity lock lock....