Have you noticed...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zeus_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 zeus_101
Member since 2006 • 831 Posts

If you were on here regularly about 1-2 months back, there was lots and LOTS of threads about how dismally the ps3 was doing. To be completely honest this was round the time i bought my 360 and wii, so seeing all the ps3 bashing made me really happy to have the consoles that werent getting bashed (as much).

Now, ps3 is definately becoming a stronger contender in the console wars, and as much as it kind of annoys me, im happy for all those people that may have bought one fearing the future of the console maybe short lived. I definately wouldnt have had the courage to go out and purchase one while it was under so much scrutiny. Some of you might say its still in the same position as it was a month ago, but i think its doing fairly well for now.

So to the people who own one, enjoy! I personally wont get one (there $1000 dollars in australia), but to those that have, good for you for not listening to all the ps3 haters.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Each of the next gen consoles looks to have a bright future. I wish I had money for a 360 right now but I'm saving for the PS3 titles in March.
SH_guY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 SH_guY
Member since 2004 • 1108 Posts
i love non-fanboy opinions :) i think all three consoles have a bright future regardless of whether i dislike one *cough* wii *cough* i still think they will all see some equal success
lazzordude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lazzordude
Member since 2003 • 6685 Posts
i think the ps3 bashing has gotten out of hand.
Dups79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Dups79
Member since 2004 • 2370 Posts
i think the ps3 bashing has gotten out of hand.lazzordude
It depends on what is being bashed. The currently lack of games and failure to deliver what was promised for launch cannot be denied. The future success sadly lays in the hands of more promises from Sony. Will they deliver on these promises? Well, I rather wait and see before buying a PS3.
zeus_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zeus_101
Member since 2006 • 831 Posts
[QUOTE="lazzordude"]i think the ps3 bashing has gotten out of hand.Dups79
It depends on what is being bashed. The currently lack of games and failure to deliver what was promised for launch cannot be denied. The future success sadly lays in the hands of more promises from Sony. Will they deliver on these promises? Well, I rather wait and see before buying a PS3.

but at least it hasnt had hardware complications like the 360 epidemic when it was first released.
halshbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 halshbat
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
All this love up in here is making me sick
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts
[QUOTE="lazzordude"]i think the ps3 bashing has gotten out of hand.Dups79

It was promised to HAVE not to have at launch. Lack of games? I'm enjoying my Tiger Woods and Genji. PS3 had 1 less AAA for being the same as the Xbox360 launch. Lemmings also admitted that PDZ didn't deserved the AAA.
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts

[QUOTE="Dups79"][QUOTE="lazzordude"]i think the ps3 bashing has gotten out of hand.shungokustasu

It was promised to HAVE not to have at launch. Lack of games? I'm enjoying my Tiger Woods and Genji. PS3 had 1 less AAA for being the same as the Xbox360 launch. Lemmings also admitted that PDZ didn't deserved the AAA.

Umm, Didn't SONY say the PS3 would destroy the 360 right from the start? Serious question, I remember hearing something like this.

On the topic, I agree, I know the PS3 has flaws as far as the type of hardware SONY decided to go with and their decisions on the PS3, but, for the most part, the PS3 will be a contender, it has some seemingly good games coming out, its just a question of when.

iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 iunderstand
Member since 2006 • 3201 Posts
I think it's sad that you let system wars... SYSTEM WARS? sway your opinion. Don't let a bunch of riled up fanboys with no sense of reason make any sort of impact on your personal purchases.
Avatar image for XtinctionAgenda
XtinctionAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 XtinctionAgenda
Member since 2007 • 628 Posts

If you were on here regularly about 1-2 months back, there was lots and LOTS of threads about how dismally the ps3 was doing. To be completely honest this was round the time i bought my 360 and wii, so seeing all the ps3 bashing made me really happy to have the consoles that werent getting bashed (as much).

Now, ps3 is definately becoming a stronger contender in the console wars, and as much as it kind of annoys me, im happy for all those people that may have bought one fearing the future of the console maybe short lived. I definately wouldnt have had the courage to go out and purchase one while it was under so much scrutiny. Some of you might say its still in the same position as it was a month ago, but i think its doing fairly well for now.

So to the people who own one, enjoy! I personally wont get one (there $1000 dollars in australia), but to those that have, good for you for not listening to all the ps3 haters.

zeus_101

I've noticed no such thing. In fact IMO it's gotten worse for the PS3... a whole lot worse.

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"] It was promised to HAVE not to have at launch. Lack of games? I'm enjoying my Tiger Woods and Genji. PS3 had 1 less AAA for being the same as the Xbox360 launch. Lemmings also admitted that PDZ didn't deserved the AAA.Nagidar

Umm, Didn't SONY say the PS3 would destroy the 360 right from the start? Serious question, I remember hearing something like this.

On the topic, I agree, I know the PS3 has flaws as far as the type of hardware SONY decided to go with and their decisions on the PS3, but, for the most part, the PS3 will be a contender, it has some seemingly good games coming out, its just a question of when.

Yes, Sony did say it will beatl 360 from the start. They are selling faster than the Xbox 360 did when it was realease. So, they are actually right. Not saying you, but I like how some lemmings hang on Sony's PR words and try to make them eat them. Hey remember MS' PR saying it will have 1 billion consumers playing the 360? What about having a tatoo of GTAIV? how cool was that? What about the educational games to bring in the elders and women to gaming? I haven't seen one yet.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Sony needs to cut PS3 to $300 and $400, nobody cares about Blu-Ray. Only then will they actually have a chance in this race.
Doc_smock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Doc_smock
Member since 2005 • 308 Posts

PS3 is not going to do a dreamcast, but it has definately been hit hard by all the developers jumping boat to the 360. Still I think the storm is over and the PS3 has time to pick itself up. Even though 360 will definately win the console war. I might even say PS3 will do better than the gamecube did last time around, but it all depends on what happens from march onwards,which is when most of the PS3s hyped games will turn up and it gets released in europe.

Dups79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 Dups79
Member since 2004 • 2370 Posts
[QUOTE="Dups79"][QUOTE="lazzordude"]i think the ps3 bashing has gotten out of hand.shungokustasu

You know that the PS3 does not have as many games as it could have. It , currently, is lacking must have titles. The xbox 360 did not have a huge amount at launch either. It had a few more interesting and higher rated games at the beginning then the PS3. The thing is Sony was making it sound like the PS3 would blow away the competition right from the get go. I am certain you were expecting more yourself.
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts
How is the PS3 definilty becoming stronger? Im not trying to discredit what you say, but do they have a new game or something that is causing some buzz? I honestly dont know. It would be nice if there was.