Have we become too demanding, or are those demands warranted?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts

Do we expect too much sometimes? Do we whine too much about stuff like no multiplayer in certain games, about the graphics not being good enough, or how a game is nothing original. Have we become too darn demanding in what we expect? I don't know. I got to thinking that when playing the Heavenly Sword demo for the PS3, which didn't blow me away. Sometimes I think I should enjoy them for what they are, and not what I expected them to be. Other times I think my expectations are justified.

What do you think?

killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts

Do we expect too much sometimes? Do we whine too much about stuff like no multiplayer in certain games, about the graphics not being good enough, or how a game is nothing original. Have we become too darn demanding in what we expect? I don't know. I got to thinking that when playing the Heavenly Sword demo for the PS3, which didn't blow me away. Sometimes I think I should enjoy them for what they are, and not what I expected them to be. Other times I think my expectations are justified.

What do you think?

ChiefFreeman
fanboys whine about it to bash game X and Y b/c its on system X and Y.... in real life i think we are doing fine
xjet039

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 xjet039
Member since 2004 • 3007 Posts
im not much of a hardcore gamer but as long as i get jrpgs and mass effect there are no complaints from me.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Yes -- overall, majority of people in SW are too demanding on what they want.
D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 D0013ER
Member since 2007 • 3765 Posts
The general consensus in System Wars is that everything sucks. Everything is overrated, under-delivering and just needs to go away.
hailltoyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hailltoyou
Member since 2005 • 1493 Posts

Yes -- overall, majority of people in SW are too demanding on what they want.Haziqonfire

Agreed

xjet039

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 xjet039
Member since 2004 • 3007 Posts

The general consensus in System Wars is that everything sucks. Everything is overrated, under-delivering and just needs to go away.D0013ER

Agreed.

Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts
I think the more hang around system wars, the more demanding you become. Not because it teaches you to have high expectations in a good way, but rather every game under the sun gets bashed, which makes you think about those "flaws" and diminishes your enjoyment.
jack_russel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jack_russel
Member since 2004 • 6544 Posts
Are we too demanding? Not at these prices. For $60 I better be getting a freaking masterpiece.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Are we too demanding? Not at these prices. For $60 I better be getting a freaking masterpiece.jack_russel

That is also true...

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts

what a vague question.

there are reasonable demands, and unreasonable demands. there are stupid fanboyish preferences and there is common-sense.

diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 diggyzoom
Member since 2005 • 19616 Posts

Fanboys are too critical of the other systems' games and they are too forgiving of the problems of their games.

Teh_Stevz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Teh_Stevz
Member since 2005 • 5678 Posts

I think this is the place where critisism can be made for the smallest of things. Sometimes it can be redundant even. Sometimes the bias of one's opinion can help shed some light in areas others wouldn't... But not in the majority. ;)

With that said you could say we are. Personally, since I'd like a career as a game dev, it's a curve you'll have to get used to. Not everyone will like what you've made.