Have Blizzard shamed other developers in quility?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58856 Posts

Does the quality of Blizzards expansion packs put other developers to shame since the quality is usually indistinguishable from the full retail game? After finishing Reaper Of Souls I'm having trouble finding recycled content. It seems not even the music score was recycled and seems vastly superior to any OST in a full game released this year. In fact, they actually added and integrated the new class (crusader) directly into the original game from start to finish, both male and female.

By contrast I found tons of recycled shit in Last Of Us expansion. Couldn't finish it.

Borderlands 2 expansions, eh, take it or leave it.

Can we all agree Blizzard are the kings when it comes to quality? Or do you disagree? If so suggest expansions that much or exceed Blizzards quality control.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

Maybe. But Reaper of Souls felt more like a Diablo 3 fix than an expansion.. The game was crap. Now it's ok.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

Nah. Naughty Dog definitely king there.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@xboxdone74 said:

Nah. Naughty Dog definitely king there.

Jak X: Combat Racing was the pinnacle of their games

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#5 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Amazing how you can't spell quality in the title, but can spell it in the op.

Infinity Ward is the king.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

Quility on blizzard is a joke .......

they are not Naughty Dog or Rockstar

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Does the quality of Blizzards expansion packs put other developers to shame since the quality is usually indistinguishable from the full retail game? After finishing Reaper Of Souls I'm having trouble finding recycled content. It seems not even the music score was recycled and seems vastly superior to any OST in a full game released this year. In fact, they actually added and integrated the new class (crusader) directly into the original game from start to finish, both male and female.

By contrast I found tons of recycled shit in Last Of Us expansion. Couldn't finish it.

Borderlands 2 expansions, eh, take it or leave it.

Can we all agree Blizzard are the kings when it comes to quality? Or do you disagree? If so suggest expansions that much or exceed Blizzards quality control.

WHAT? Some talks blasphemy about NaughtyDog?

Bu, But all the awards! 10/10

Thank you for speaking your heart.

Back on topic, I don't know if I ever dabbled too much in Blizzard games and expansions to know any better.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58856 Posts

@hippiesanta said:

Quility on blizzard is a joke .......

they are not Naughty Dog

Well yea, Blizzard make influential games that shape the landscape and become a national sport for entire countries.

Naughty Dog? Something. Yea.

Priapus10101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Priapus10101
Member since 2013 • 157 Posts

Blizzard's record for quality expansion packs has indeed been phenomenal. The only expansion pack that did not live up to their usual standard was World of Warcraft: Cataclysm but that was largely due to Blizzard taking suggestions from the vocal minority.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

Naughty Dog makes games that are used by console fanboy in every argument against PC of all time. Blizzard makes games that are still played 15 years later (SC1), shape pop culture (WoW), and games that are the founding fathers and pinacles of eSports (WC, SC2)

If you believe Naughty Dog is better, you simply have never touched a PC ot blizzard game.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

"quility" - Seems about right :P

I enjoy Rockstar, Bethesda and Bioware expansions very much. I would indeed rank Blizzard up there too.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Blizzard expansions have a high standard when it comes to content for the price you're paying.

Reaper of Souls, and eventually Warlords of Draenor, do not reach that standard.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Why are you comparing an expansion that took 2 years to create to a piece of DLC that took 6 months? Oh that's right, because you're an idiot.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#14 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Rockstar begs to differ with you.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#15 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Guys at Blizzard are best when it comes to expansion packs , no doubt about that . Look at Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 expansions , amazing stuff .

argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By argetlam00
Member since 2006 • 6573 Posts

Blizzard makes the best games in this industry. Period. They are the only developer from whom I buy a full-priced title and their games are rarely ever on sale, which says a lot about their confidence in their products. Blizzard games aren't devalued over time, SC2 is still a masterpiece and so is WoW. Developers like Rockstar and Naughty Dog make typical crap that I can easily get in the bargin bin a little bit later. None of their games have replay value even slightly comparable to a Blizzard title nor do they have the community. Most games from developers that are commonly celebrated around here like Rockstar or Naughty Dog become dead to me in a week or 2.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@melonfarmerz said:

Naughty Dog makes games that are used by console fanboy in every argument against PC of all time. Blizzard makes games that are still played 15 years later (SC1), shape pop culture (WoW), and games that are the founding fathers and pinacles of eSports (WC, SC2)

If you believe Naughty Dog is better, you simply have never touched a PC ot blizzard game.

they're played 15 years later because you people don't get anything from them except for expansions for that long. It'd be pathetic if it took a console dev over a decade to make a sequel. Takes more talent to release every 2-3 years while maintaining quality.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#18 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Blizzard's been a bit hit and miss lately, but Reaper of Souls and Hearthstone have all brought me back on the Blizzard train.