Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f release today!

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts
 I am for three reasons: A. Love techno music. B. Love rhythm games. C. Show to SEGA (and their dumbass execs), that there is still an audience for SEGA J-games in the West. Better off giving SEGA your money for a game like this than Colonial Marines.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Not buying. F*cking Senbonzakura.
SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SonicNextGen2
[QUOTE="funsohng"]Not buying. F*cking Senbonzakura.

Wait, what? EDIT: Just watched the video, don't start, I have a feeling where this may be going.
AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

I just can't...

I have been on an anime binge lately, and just can't stand any with a bunch of "cutesy" girls everywhere (which is a lot of them but only the ones that are borderline ridiculous for me). I have a feeling that this game is based entirely off of that so it's not really my cup of tea. :P

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SonicNextGen2

I just can't...

I have been on an anime binge lately, and just can't stand any with a bunch of "cutesy" girls everywhere (which is a lot of them but only the ones that are borderline ridiculous for me). I have a feeling that this game is based entirely off of that so it's not really my cup of tea. :P

AznbkdX
Quite the opposite, the vocaloids do have a few boys and its mostly baed off J-rock and techno music with a rhythm beat, go try the demo on PSN.
Raziel831991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Raziel831991
Member since 2013 • 631 Posts

What a travesty, the games of the Legend of Heroes frenchise are not being localized to the west and meanwhile this garbage does get localized

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AznbkdX

[QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

I just can't...

SonicNextGen2

Quite the opposite, the vocaloids do have a few boys and its mostly baed off J-rock and techno music with a rhythm beat, go try the demo on PSN.

I guess so. It still does give off that aura if you know what I mean.

I can't really explain it. Never had any good words for it. Of course you can't knock it until you try it though.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SonicNextGen2

[QUOTE="SonicNextGen2"][QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

I just can't...

AznbkdX

I guess so. It still does give off that aura if you know what I mean.

I can't really explain it. Never had any good words for it. Of course you can't knock it until you try it though.

;) Exactly It's just the design, sometimes things like broccoli look awful on the outside and taste good on the inside :D
Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#9 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

What a travesty, the games of the Legend of Heroes frenchise are not being localized to the west and meanwhile this garbage does get localized

Raziel831991
My thoughts exactly... Why this comes over but ff agito, Valkyrie chronicles 3, and legend of heroes is not is just mind boggling and so sad... As I would of bought all of them :( Who actually likes this "moe" shyte?
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27428 Posts

enjoyed the demo will get once price drops.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SonicNextGen2
[QUOTE="Raziel831991"]

Midnightshade29
My thoughts exactly... Why this comes over but ff agito, Valkyrie chronicles 3, and legend of heroes is not is just mind boggling and so sad... As I would of bought all of them :( Who actually likes this "moe" shyte?

I just like J-pop and am buying this so stuff like the things you mentioned above come over, and SEGA said this game may be a pathway to more of their localizations. Also the Valkyria Chronicles series is kind of DoA in both Japan and America, the Legend of Heroes Trails took 4 years to translate the 1st Chapter, those games are BIG, and Final Fantasy Agito (Square is just stupid, friggin Nintendo is localizing Bravely Default). Hopefully SEGA localizes future titles like Yakuza, Shining, Valkyria Chronicles, and Sakura Wars in the future.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 funsohng
[QUOTE="SonicNextGen2"][QUOTE="funsohng"]Not buying. F*cking Senbonzakura.

Wait, what? EDIT: Just watched the video, don't start, I have a feeling where this may be going.

I like Sakura Taisen though <3 Have 1,3,5
SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SonicNextGen2
[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="SonicNextGen2"][QUOTE="funsohng"]Not buying. F*cking Senbonzakura.

Those games are awesome, too bad the Sakura Wars World Project never went off. F***ing SEGA.
Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lumpy311
Member since 2013 • 2009 Posts

j pop overload, get something manly in here like Freddie Mercury.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 funsohng
[QUOTE="SonicNextGen2"][QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="SonicNextGen2"] Wait, what? EDIT: Just watched the video, don't start, I have a feeling where this may be going.

Those games are awesome, too bad the Sakura Wars World Project never went off. F***ing SEGA.

VC got screwed too. Seriously. SEGA.
SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SonicNextGen2
[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="SonicNextGen2"][QUOTE="funsohng"] I like Sakura Taisen though <3 Have 1,3,5

I want to play ST4 to see what's so bad about it, are PCs region locked. Also, I really hope they make a new ST soon, ST5 was good for what it was, but it needs more development. The Japan Combat Revue were literally developed in and out.
SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SonicNextGen2

j pop overload, get something manly in here like Freddie Mercury.

Lumpy311
I actually own a majority of Queen's albums, I am a music nut :P
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#18 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Will buy. I hope there's a copy still available at the end of the week.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 funsohng
[QUOTE="SonicNextGen2"][QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="SonicNextGen2"] Those games are awesome, too bad the Sakura Wars World Project never went off. F***ing SEGA.

I want to play ST4 to see what's so bad about it, are PCs region locked. Also, I really hope they make a new ST soon, ST5 was good for what it was, but it needs more development. The Japan Combat Revue were literally developed in and out.

Only the odd-numbered games matter in ST series. 2 and 4 are more of a fan service games apparently. That's why I only got 1,3,5.
SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SonicNextGen2
[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="SonicNextGen2"][QUOTE="funsohng"] VC got screwed too. Seriously. SEGA.

Only the odd-numbered games matter in ST series. 2 and 4 are more of a fan service games apparently. That's why I only got 1,3,5.

Good point. XD Do you know what's bad about ST4? Ever since 2010, anything Sakura Wars related on the internet just died.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
Good to see Western Miku fans finally getting a game. I've had the game since it's initial Vita release in Japan so, I'm waiting for the next game in 2014 on Vita / PS3. Buy this on it'll up like Valkyria Chronicles and Yakuza with localizations.
SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SonicNextGen2
Good to see Western Miku fans finally getting a game. I've had the game since it's initial Vita release in Japan so, I'm waiting for the next game in 2014 on Vita / PS3. Buy this on it'll up like Valkyria Chronicles and Yakuza with localizations.FlamesOfGrey
Exactly what I said :D tbh, the Miku games themselves are import friendly, just costly.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]Good to see Western Miku fans finally getting a game. I've had the game since it's initial Vita release in Japan so, I'm waiting for the next game in 2014 on Vita / PS3. Buy this on it'll up like Valkyria Chronicles and Yakuza with localizations.SonicNextGen2
Exactly what I said :D tbh, the Miku games themselves are import friendly, just costly.

Miku should do better considering she actually has concerts in the U.S. from time to time but you never know with gamers. Yeah, most rhythm games are. I never had any trouble playing fighting and rhythms games even before I started studying Japanese.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 funsohng
[QUOTE="SonicNextGen2"][QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="SonicNextGen2"] I want to play ST4 to see what's so bad about it, are PCs region locked. Also, I really hope they make a new ST soon, ST5 was good for what it was, but it needs more development. The Japan Combat Revue were literally developed in and out.

Good point. XD Do you know what's bad about ST4? Ever since 2010, anything Sakura Wars related on the internet just died.

I heard it's very short.
SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SonicNextGen2
[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="SonicNextGen2"][QUOTE="funsohng"] Only the odd-numbered games matter in ST series. 2 and 4 are more of a fan service games apparently. That's why I only got 1,3,5.

I heard it's very short.

I wish they waited to put the game on the PS2, they figuratively released the game when the Dreamcast's coffin was being lowered.
SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SonicNextGen2
[QUOTE="SonicNextGen2"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]Good to see Western Miku fans finally getting a game. I've had the game since it's initial Vita release in Japan so, I'm waiting for the next game in 2014 on Vita / PS3. Buy this on it'll up like Valkyria Chronicles and Yakuza with localizations.FlamesOfGrey

Miku should do better considering she actually has concerts in the U.S. from time to time but you never know with gamers. Yeah, most rhythm games are. I never had any trouble playing fighting and rhythms games even before I started studying Japanese.

I think it'll sell well, with a good amount of otakus owning PS3s now, to the Sold Out concerts in Cali, to the over 25k Facebook Likes on that ONE PIC. Also, how much of a loss can you make on releasing a game like Miku here? :P
AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AznbkdX

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="SonicNextGen2"] Exactly what I said :D tbh, the Miku games themselves are import friendly, just costly.SonicNextGen2

I think it'll sell well, with a good amount of otakus owning PS3s now, to the Sold Out concerts in Cali, to the over 25k Facebook Likes on that ONE PIC. Also, how much of a loss can you make on releasing a game like Miku here? :P

Wait what? This is actually a thing in the US? :?

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

I will definetly get this game over GTA V

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="SonicNextGen2"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] Miku should do better considering she actually has concerts in the U.S. from time to time but you never know with gamers. Yeah, most rhythm games are. I never had any trouble playing fighting and rhythms games even before I started studying Japanese.AznbkdX

Yes, Hatsune Miku concerts are performed in the U.S. every now and then. They are generally sold out or close to it. It's not Japan level but Hatsune Miku has a big fanbase here.
SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SonicNextGen2

[QUOTE="SonicNextGen2"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] Miku should do better considering she actually has concerts in the U.S. from time to time but you never know with gamers. Yeah, most rhythm games are. I never had any trouble playing fighting and rhythms games even before I started studying Japanese.AznbkdX

Plenty of shirts at fye and hot topic, making up the genre of nightcore, anime and related items are actually getting more and more popular.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27428 Posts

[QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

[QUOTE="SonicNextGen2"] I think it'll sell well, with a good amount of otakus owning PS3s now, to the Sold Out concerts in Cali, to the over 25k Facebook Likes on that ONE PIC. Also, how much of a loss can you make on releasing a game like Miku here? :PFlamesOfGrey

Yes, Hatsune Miku concerts are performed in the U.S. every now and then. They are generally sold out or close to it. It's not Japan level but Hatsune Miku has a big fanbase here.

I just saw some footage of a concert and it seems pretty werid. Mainly cause its just a giant hologram.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SonicNextGen2

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

finalfantasy94

I just saw some footage of a concert and it seems pretty werid. Mainly cause its just a giant hologram.

Eh, different tastes, different people, I hate concerts in general.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 51738 Posts
Will buy a copy for Archvile.
SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SonicNextGen2
Will buy a copy for Archvile.freedomfreak
Who?
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 51738 Posts
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Will buy a copy for Archvile.SonicNextGen2
Who?

One very sexy individual.
consoletroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 consoletroll
Member since 2013 • 416 Posts

isn't this the best selling game in Japan right now? Japanese gaming is officialy irrelavent

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5451 Posts

Terrible Japanese rubbish.

No western developer would get away with this.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SonicNextGen2

isn't this the best selling game in Japan right now? Japanese gaming is officialy irrelavent

consoletroll
Nice try, trying to diss Japanese gaming, and no, right now the games that are selling well are Dragon's Crown and some 3DS titles.
SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SonicNextGen2

Terrible Japanese rubbish.

No western developer would get away with this.

DocSanchez
You opinion is limited due to the fact that you probably only saw a bit, rather than playing the game itself or seeing what its more about.
consoletroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 consoletroll
Member since 2013 • 416 Posts

ok you press a corresponding button to the beat when it flies past. Set to the back drop of pre-teen anime character with computerized singing. What is there to get? 

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Day 1!!!!

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'd rather Sega release Valkyria Chronicles 3 here in the states as a downloadable game on the Vita. Or at least a PSP retail copy...

thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3669 Posts

consoletroll

The games in the series each sold about 100-200K copies in Japan alone. Even the "toned-down" 3DS game released (a sequel will be released soon), sold nearly as many copies as the PlayStation versions.

Speaking of Project Diva F, where are the reviews?

ChaltierX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ChaltierX
Member since 2009 • 1128 Posts

Already imported my copy months ago. 

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1318 Posts

inb4weabootrashpostderailattempt.

Good game, not my style though, i prefer making videos on MMD instead.

Hopefully it does not flop on it's face, like toyota corolla hatsune miku commecials for instance...Dear Toyota automotive America, just leave her alone, please.

The Itasha cars were cool though.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts
Someone willing to lend me some money? :P
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

After playing the demo... It's not half bad actually. I suck at rhythm games though so I'm not gonna spend 50 bucks to play on easy and tap 1 button for all the songs. The music was pretty decent I must say.

I feel dirty for playing the demo though. And for actually liking it...

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SonicNextGen2

inb4weabootrashpostderailattempt.

Good game, not my style though, i prefer making videos on MMD instead.

Hopefully it does not flop on it's face, like toyota corolla hatsune miku commecials for instance...Dear Toyota automotive America, just leave her alone, please.

The Itasha cars were cool though.

TorqueHappens08
I am going to follow your inb4, and wow just watched that commercial......awkward.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#49 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

After playing the demo... It's not half bad actually. I suck at rhythm games though so I'm not gonna spend 50 bucks to play on easy and tap 1 button for all the songs. The music was pretty decent I must say.

yokofox33
I felt the same way lol
SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SonicNextGen2
[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

bbkkristian
I felt the same way lol

There really is nothing wrong with the character designs, seriously, there are guys and the girls aren't even scantily clad.