Has the Wii-U game drought started?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nitekids2004
Member since 2005 • 2981 Posts

I think it has...considering there are no games worth owning for the next 3 months.

Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Meeeper282
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

I swear, everyone starts dooming consoles and handhelds so early

the vita has been out for less then a year, and it's already been slammed now the wii u is getting it

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

I think it has...considering there are no games worth owning for the next 3 months.

nitekids2004

Make that next 3 years and you will be closer to the truth

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

You should ask the sticky. The sticky has your answer.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
It's been out six days. There is a drought? What are the requirements for a drought anyways? A week without a AAA blockbuster?
Avatar image for TrueAmerican007
TrueAmerican007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TrueAmerican007
Member since 2012 • 671 Posts

lundy86_4
The sticky has heeeeeeeeeweeeeeeee!!!!
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#8 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Yes, stuff like Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and Rayman Legends clearly equates to 'no stuff worth buying.' Just because the Vita had a game drought doesn't mean every system has to have one, you know ;)
nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nitekids2004

I swear, everyone starts dooming consoles and handhelds so early

the vita has been out for less then a year, and it's already been slammed now the wii u is getting it

Meeeper282

I'm not talking about its commercial sales but upcoming games...which are easily verifiable.

I don't really see any games worth getting for the next 3 months.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

TrueAmerican007

The sticky has heeeeeeeeeweeeeeeee!!!!

Even better.

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Yes, stuff like Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and Rayman Legends clearly equates to 'no stuff worth buying.' Just because the Vita had a game drought doesn't mean every system has to have one, you know ;)

So is Pikmin 3 in March, I want it Soo bad.
nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nitekids2004

Yes, stuff like Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and Rayman Legends clearly equates to 'no stuff worth buying.' Just because the Vita had a game drought doesn't mean every system has to have one, you know ;)charizard1605

Char. I respect you but c'mon. Do those games even have release dates yet?

Btw, Vita had way more A-AA games than 3DS had in the same amount of time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Yes, stuff like Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and Rayman Legends clearly equates to 'no stuff worth buying.' Just because the Vita had a game drought doesn't mean every system has to have one, you know ;)nitekids2004

Char. I respect you but c'mon. Do those games even have release dates yet?

Btw, Vita had way more A-AA games than 3DS had in the same amount of time.

The Vita thing was a joke :P All these games are releasing before March 31, 2013. They have confirmed release frames man.
nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nitekids2004

It's been out six days. There is a drought? What are the requirements for a drought anyways? A week without a AAA blockbuster? Zeviander

Six days is probably enought to finish the SMB game. And that's the only game worth owning so far.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#15 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
Wonderful 101 is releasing in the launch window too, or at least sometime 2013. Geez. The wiiU isn't the system with the games drought, although it isn't getting GTA5 (at least for now), so that's a hard pill to swallow. They should get Nintendo to port it and give the gamepad a bunch of cool crazy features.
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GunSmith1_basic
oh wait, no GTA5 but at least the wiiu has Lego Undercover. I didn't see any blocky prostitutes in the trailers though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
I forgot about The Wondrful 101 as well.
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GunSmith1_basic
There is no drought. This is probably the most game-packed launch window in history. I'm somewhat worried for the late 2013 horizon but Nintendo's been hinting at something "fruity" for past month
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
It's a **** launch if you own a PS3 / 360 / PC. The majority of multiplats the Wii U has can be had for $20-$40 on PS3 / 360 / PC instead of $60 on the Wii U. The only games worth buying are COD: Black Ops 2, New Super Mario Bros U. and Scribblenauts Unlmiited. You won't have much to play until March when Monster Hunter Ultimate and Rayman Legends come out if neither of them get delayed.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]It's a **** launch if you own a PS3 / 360 / PC. The majority of multiplats the Wii U has can be had for $20-$40 on PS3 / 360 / PC instead of $60 on the Wii U. The only games worth buying are COD: Black Ops 2, New Super Mario Bros U. and Scribblenauts Unlmiited. You won't have much to play until March when Monster Hunter Ultimate and Rayman Legends come out if neither of them get delayed.

I disagree. Nintendo Land, ZombieU, and NSMBU are the best launch titles. There's also the sonic Kart game which is pretty good. ...people seem to think that there aren't any unannounced titles this year. It's very likely that Nintnedo is ging to let ms and Sony play their cards before the unveil the big gins.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]It's a **** launch if you own a PS3 / 360 / PC. The majority of multiplats the Wii U has can be had for $20-$40 on PS3 / 360 / PC instead of $60 on the Wii U. The only games worth buying are COD: Black Ops 2, New Super Mario Bros U. and Scribblenauts Unlmiited. You won't have much to play until March when Monster Hunter Ultimate and Rayman Legends come out if neither of them get delayed.

I disagree. Nintendo Land, ZombieU, and NSMBU are the best launch titles. There's also the sonic Kart game which is pretty good. ...people seem to think that there aren't any unannounced titles this year. It's very likely that Nintnedo is ging to let ms and Sony play their cards before the unveil the big gins.

I didn't like Nintendo Land but I am not into Mini games. Zombi U looks awful especially it's combat and Sonic Karting is supposedly an awful port according to reviews.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Six days is probably enought to finish the SMB game. And that's the only game worth owning so far.nitekids2004
Your opinion is sh!t.
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GunSmith1_basic

It's a **** launch if you own a PS3 / 360 / PC. The majority of multiplats the Wii U has can be had for $20-$40 on PS3 / 360 / PC instead of $60 on the Wii U. The only games worth buying are COD: Black Ops 2, New Super Mario Bros U. and Scribblenauts Unlmiited. You won't have much to play until March when Monster Hunter Ultimate and Rayman Legends come out if neither of them get delayed.FlamesOfGrey
and of course Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101. As for multiplats, Black Ops 2 looks like the best version from the vids I've seen, since it appears to be running great and has perfect integration of all of the wiiU's control setups. Then of course early in 2013 there is Alien Colonial Marine, and it's looking like the wiiu version will easily be the best version. The dev has said that it looks and runs the best of all versions and that the gamepad does a lot of cool things.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Do people not remember the start of this gen?. The first 2 years were so damn slow. If you expect a lot the first year of a console(s) life gtfo now and I hope the door hits you on the way out for your stupidity.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#25 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Lego Undercover comes out soon. :]

GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GunSmith1_basic

Do people not remember the start of this gen?. The first 2 years were so damn slow. If you expect a lot the first year of a console(s) life gtfo now and I hope the door hits you on the way out for your stupidity.

Ballroompirate
personally I don't get it though. Between now and march there's tons and tons of games in multiple genres.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]It's a **** launch if you own a PS3 / 360 / PC. The majority of multiplats the Wii U has can be had for $20-$40 on PS3 / 360 / PC instead of $60 on the Wii U. The only games worth buying are COD: Black Ops 2, New Super Mario Bros U. and Scribblenauts Unlmiited. You won't have much to play until March when Monster Hunter Ultimate and Rayman Legends come out if neither of them get delayed.

I didn't like Nintendo Land but I am not into Mini games. Zombi U looks awful especially it's combat and Sonic Karting is supposedly an awful port according to reviews.

It's fine if you don't like it. I suppose it isn't for everyone. Personally I like it for its dynamic gameplay. It has an NES feel to it--it's easy to pick up, but it has that hardcore high score aspect to it. I own ZombieU--it's great. The best zombie/horror title since Resident Evil 2. You're comparing it to a typical fps game. It isn't that type of game. It's like saying COD isn't any good because the stealth sucks. Bad example, because cod isn't very good anyways, but I'm sure you know what I mean. I have not read reviews on sonic karting transformers.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]It's a **** launch if you own a PS3 / 360 / PC. The majority of multiplats the Wii U has can be had for $20-$40 on PS3 / 360 / PC instead of $60 on the Wii U. The only games worth buying are COD: Black Ops 2, New Super Mario Bros U. and Scribblenauts Unlmiited. You won't have much to play until March when Monster Hunter Ultimate and Rayman Legends come out if neither of them get delayed.GunSmith1_basic

and of course Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101. As for multiplats, Black Ops 2 looks like the best version from the vids I've seen, since it appears to be running great and has perfect integration of all of the wiiU's control setups. Then of course early in 2013 there is Alien Colonial Marine, and it's looking like the wiiu version will easily be the best version. The dev has said that it looks and runs the best of all versions and that the gamepad does a lot of cool things.

Do any of those games have dates? Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 are supposed to come out early 2013 but none have confirmed release dates yet which means delays aren't out of the question.
D4W1L4H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 D4W1L4H
Member since 2011 • 1765 Posts

This thread is so fvcking dumb. The system hasn't even released is all regions yet, and you're calling a drought. :roll:

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

This thread is so fvcking dumb. The system hasn't even released is all regions yet, and you're calling a drought. :roll:

D4W1L4H
It's loosingends,what do you expect?
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="Heirren"] I disagree. Nintendo Land, ZombieU, and NSMBU are the best launch titles. There's also the sonic Kart game which is pretty good. ...people seem to think that there aren't any unannounced titles this year. It's very likely that Nintnedo is ging to let ms and Sony play their cards before the unveil the big gins.

It's fine if you don't like it. I suppose it isn't for everyone. Personally I like it for its dynamic gameplay. It has an NES feel to it--it's easy to pick up, but it has that hardcore high score aspect to it. I own ZombieU--it's great. The best zombie/horror title since Resident Evil 2. You're comparing it to a typical fps game. It isn't that type of game. It's like saying COD isn't any good because the stealth sucks. Bad example, because cod isn't very good anyways, but I'm sure you know what I mean. I have not read reviews on sonic karting transformers.

Well, I'm sure some people would enjoy that kind of thing. To me it's like Wii Sports something you fool around with especially with family and friends but nothing more. Definitely not worth a $60 purchases though I got the deluxe bundle so it was there anyway. I'm not comparing ZombiU to a typical FPS. I've looked at alot of gameplay videos like I do for every game I'm interested in and thought it looked horrible gameplay wise. Couple that with the reviews I've seen stating the combat becomes flat out boring and repetitive in a bad way and with annoying character grunts, I decided to pass on it as it doesn't look like a $60 game. Gamespot gave Sonic Karting Transformed 6/10 on the Wii U and 8.5 on the PS3 / 360.
moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Yeah Wii U is out for less than a week... has Batman: AC, NSMBU, ZombiU, AC III, Nintendo Land, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, CoD: BO2 & Darksiders 2.... Even if you could play through 1, finish it, and be done with it in a day... you'd still have more games than you could play that are generally considered "GOOD" to "GREAT" in terms of reviews...

.... but yeah Mr. TC.... its a DROUGHT!!! MORON!

GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GunSmith1_basic

Do any of those games have dates? Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 are supposed to come out early 2013 but none have confirmed release dates yet which means delays aren't out of the question.FlamesOfGrey

Aliens: CM has a hard release date of February 13, 2013 and the wiiu version will be the best. Pikmin 3 was promised to be a launch window title. Wonderful 101 was promised in the Launch window as well, and it's listed as 2012 so it's almost a lock. Project CARS will likely be way late but whatever.

Where's all the supposed 360 and ps3 games in this span exactly?

Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts
LOL damn son, give the console a chance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] I didn't like Nintendo Land but I am not into Mini games. Zombi U looks awful especially it's combat and Sonic Karting is supposedly an awful port according to reviews.

Well, I'm sure some people would enjoy that kind of thing. To me it's like Wii Sports something you fool around with especially with family and friends but nothing more. Definitely not worth a $60 purchases though I got the deluxe bundle so it was there anyway. I'm not comparing ZombiU to a typical FPS. I've looked at alot of gameplay videos like I do for every game I'm interested in and thought it looked horrible gameplay wise. Couple that with the reviews I've seen stating the combat becomes flat out boring and repetitive in a bad way and with annoying character grunts, I decided to pass on it as it doesn't look like a $60 game. Gamespot gave Sonic Karting Transformed 6/10 on the Wii U and 8.5 on the PS3 / 360.

You have to at least give ZombieU a shot. If one were to watch Resident Evil Gameplay, they'd say it was craps. ...I quickly dug around and apparently it was the OS update that did something to Sonic, not the game itself. I do not have Internet, so I don't have the update--I might pick up sonic tomorrow.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]Do any of those games have dates? Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 are supposed to come out early 2013 but none have confirmed release dates yet which means delays aren't out of the question.GunSmith1_basic

Aliens: CM has a hard release date of February 13, 2013 and the wiiu version will be the best. Pikmin 3 was promised to be a launch window title. Wonderful 101 was promised in the Launch window as well, and it's listed as 2012 so it's almost a lock. Project CARS will likely be way late but whatever.

Where's all the supposed 360 and ps3 games in this span exactly?

Considering my post was about launch and the majority of the games are multiplats Assassin Creed 3, COD: BO2, Darksiders 2, Epic Mickey 2, Mass Effect 3, Ninja Gaiden 3, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Skyalnders Giants, Sonic Karting, Warriors Orochi 3 etc... A good majority which can be had for cheaper. Launch window which is what you are talking about which I mentioned only has confirmed months for Monster Hunter Ultimate and Rayman Legends exclusively with Aliens I'll take your word for it in February. Everything else is slated not with no release date.
nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nitekids2004

D4W1L4H

Drought = no games to play for the next 2-3 months.

What's hard to understand.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="Heirren"] It's fine if you don't like it. I suppose it isn't for everyone. Personally I like it for its dynamic gameplay. It has an NES feel to it--it's easy to pick up, but it has that hardcore high score aspect to it. I own ZombieU--it's great. The best zombie/horror title since Resident Evil 2. You're comparing it to a typical fps game. It isn't that type of game. It's like saying COD isn't any good because the stealth sucks. Bad example, because cod isn't very good anyways, but I'm sure you know what I mean. I have not read reviews on sonic karting transformers.

You have to at least give ZombieU a shot. If one were to watch Resident Evil Gameplay, they'd say it was craps. ...I quickly dug around and apparently it was the OS update that did something to Sonic, not the game itself. I do not have Internet, so I don't have the update--I might pick up sonic tomorrow.

I will buy Zombi U when it's like $20 or something. $60 is far too steep for a game I'm apprehensive about and don't have that much of an interest in playing anymore (I did pre launch gameplay). As far as Sonic Karting is concerned I never heard about the OS thing but if it's an easy fix then great for Wii U owners.
nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nitekids2004

Yeah Wii U is out for less than a week... has Batman: AC, NSMBU, ZombiU, AC III, Nintendo Land, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, CoD: BO2 & Darksiders 2.... Even if you could play through 1, finish it, and be done with it in a day... you'd still have more games than you could play that are generally considered "GOOD" to "GREAT" in terms of reviews...

moistsandwich

Yeah. Let's breakdown your "list" of games

Batman: AC - Anyone who wants to play it have played it already

AC III - Same as above. Multiplat.

Darksiders 2 - Same as above. Multiplat.

NG 3 - Same as above. Also, not even a good game by any standards.

ZombiU - 4.5 :lol: get that outta here! :lol:

Nintendo Land - seriously? :lol:

NSMBU - I give you that. Like I said, one good game.

Now what's coming between today and February? This is a bona fide drought.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Reading this thread title :|

Reading TC's arguments :lol:

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#41 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

[QUOTE="moistsandwich"]

nitekids2004

You're going to have to try harder than that.

nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nitekids2004

[QUOTE="nitekids2004"]

[QUOTE="moistsandwich"]

Stevo_the_gamer

You're going to have to try harder than that.

You mean Nintendo has got to try harder than this.

Before long, people are gonna be doing nothing with their newly bought system.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Yes, stuff like Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and Rayman Legends clearly equates to 'no stuff worth buying.' Just because the Vita had a game drought doesn't mean every system has to have one, you know ;)charizard1605

Isn't all that probably around the 3 months period described in the OP?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Yes, stuff like Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and Rayman Legends clearly equates to 'no stuff worth buying.' Just because the Vita had a game drought doesn't mean every system has to have one, you know ;)glez13

Isn't all that probably around the 3 months period described in the OP?

Within the three month period. Which is the exact same period that the opening post says Wii U owners will have nothing to play. I did forget about The Wonderful 101, so that's another great game Wii U owners can look at playing.
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
the sticky has that 28y old spamming virgin.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#46 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts
The WiiU game drought has started..... 1 Week from Launch. You kidding me?
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#47 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

[QUOTE="moistsandwich"]

nitekids2004

What would you call 2012 for the PS3? Most of their heavy hitters were released in 2011, and lol at Wonderbook.
gettingpatches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 gettingpatches
Member since 2011 • 218 Posts

[QUOTE="Zeviander"]It's been out six days. There is a drought? What are the requirements for a drought anyways? A week without a AAA blockbuster? nitekids2004

Six days is probably enought to finish the SMB game. And that's the only game worth owning so far.

That doesn't include it's digital lineup whcih includes Mighty switch force:hyper drive edition, chasing aurora, nano assualt neo, toki tori 2 and little inferno which are supposed to already been relased or releasing soon I think.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Good God, it just came out and whining starts already. Wait till next big gaming conference, at the very least. Or no, not even that, wait for the next Nintendo Direct. If that's disappointing, THEN start your omgnintendoisdead!!! theory
KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

Sheep are used to game droughts, so I see no problem here ...