Has The Kinect/Move changed your stance on your favorite console?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Having owned an Xbox 360 for four years and a PS3 for less than one, I have to say that the Playstation Move placed the PS3 as my favorite console. It would be one thing if the Kinect actually looked like a good purchase, but it has been going through constant failure ever since I've seen it revealed on that one talkshow a year or so back. The Move's hardware is what impressed me most and it has vast untapped potential laying ahead. The speed of its tracking combined with its accuracy is what pulls it ahead of the Wii. The tracking of the controller in the Playstation Eye holds everything together and corrects what was wrong with the WM+. Imagine playing Oblivion, being able to manipulate all the objects in game and have 1:1 swordfights. Or if you didn't like Oblivion, perhaps a remake of Morrowind with HD and added physics would be fun to imagine :P). I've probably put 20+ hours into Sports Champions within the past week.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts
Not at all.
yugioh3ds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 yugioh3ds
Member since 2010 • 456 Posts

in before fanboy mods lock

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

No.

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#5 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

no, their existence made me further cynical to console gaming in general

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lbjkurono23

in before fanboy mods lock

yugioh3ds
I know who they are... D=
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#7 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

nope since wii launched 2007 aint changed

----------------------------------------------- why

goldeneye007

driver 5

nfs

cod

quantum of solace

dead rising

mario

zelda metroid mariokart

red steel 1/2 nmh and countless other exclusives can only be played on wii or are funner on wii if multiplat

and why should i care so much about some fancy graphics that dont make the game any funner then it actually is face it

graphics will never be my bases on what console i think is fun

wii offers splitscreen and free online if i want graphics there pc and ps3

lol

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lbjkurono23

goldeneye007

driver 5

nfs

cod

quantum of solace

dead rising

mario

zelda metroid mariokart

red steel 1/2 nmh and countless other exclusives can only be played on wii or are funner on wii if multiplat

and why should i care so much about some fancy graphics that dont make the game any funner then it actually is face it

lol

mariokart64fan
Yes, let it all out. :P
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KHAndAnime

goldeneye007

driver 5

nfs

cod

quantum of solace

dead rising

mario

zelda metroid mariokart

lol

mariokart64fan
That "lol" means that your post was a joke, right? :P
XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XboximusPrime
Member since 2009 • 5405 Posts

I think if a peripheral changed your views and made you change you favorite syestem that you probaly didnt like the syestem you switched from that much anyway.

wiistation360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wiistation360
Member since 2006 • 4209 Posts

i know i'll never spend any extra $$$ for the kinect or move.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lbjkurono23

i know i'll never spend any extra $$$ for the kinect or move.

wiistation360
Lol @ your sig :P
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KHAndAnime

I think if a peripheral changed your views and made you change you favorite syestem that you probaly didnt like the syestem you switched from that much anyway.

XboximusPrime
Why do you think I bought the 360 if I didn't know it was more tuned to my tastes? The 360 used to be better and I'd buy it again back in the day even if I knew about The Move in advance.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#14 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
No. It's kinda like Guitar Hero post 2007 to me. I'm sorta interested, but not enough to waste money on it. It certainly isn't effecting my enjoyment or interest of the other games on the 360.
AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

If Kinect stopped the flow of good exclusives on the 360, and turned Rare into a Wii Sports clone dev, then I have to say I like the PS3 more.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts

If Kinect stopped the flow of good exclusives on the 360, and turned Rare into a Wii Sports clone dev, then I have to say I like the PS3 more.

AmayaPapaya
Rare hasn't delivered any exceptional games this gen at all. I really wouldn't care if they just do party games from now until the end of the generation.
alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 alextherussian
Member since 2009 • 2642 Posts
I would argue that if games is what you truly cared about Move would no affect your stance what so ever. The Wii has an amazing library of titles that while graphically lacking are superior to anything the move currently offers and arguable will offer for at least another year, if not two. I understand the influence on a average consumer but if you come here, type here, and generally follow the news of the industry, what does the move really offer you that the Wii does not?

I feel the same about the Move as I do about the Wii. I like my classic controllers, to me games are something I use to relax after a long day, games like Halo, Killzone, CoD they are near rhythmic, they dont require thought but are relaxing non the less. I dont want to control things further with my hand or my controller simply because it counter acts why I game in the first place.
alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 alextherussian

[QUOTE="AmayaPapaya"]

nintendo-4life

Rare hasn't delivered any exceptional games this gen at all. I really wouldn't care if they just do party games from now until the end of the generation.

Rare has delivered AA games consistently through this gen. If your understanding of exceptional is to be followed Harvard should drop out a solid 70-80% of their master students right now

edit: quotes really need to work better on this site...

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KHAndAnime

what does the move really offer you that the Wii does not?

alextherussian

HD Graphics, Precise Motion Control, No Wonky IR Tracking, Entertaining Gladiator Dueling

It takes more to impress me than a not-so-stellar game library. If all I wanted were good games, I have more than my fair share to play on the PC.

The Wii has always been a sidestep in motion control, with hardware that limits the software. Why haven't they made any entertaining multiplayer sword dueling games yet? That's the only thing I've been wanting to do ever since motion control was announced, and the Wii couldn't accomplish it over the spam of what, 4 years?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

I've probably put 20+ hours into Sports Champions within the past week.

KHAndAnime

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] I've probably put 20+ hours into Sports Champions within the past week.

KBFloYd

Have you played the game?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

Have you played the game?

KHAndAnime

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="AmayaPapaya"]

alextherussian

Rare has delivered AA games consistently through this gen. If your understanding of exceptional is to be followed Harvard should drop out a solid 70-80% of their master students right now

Couldn't care less about the reviews. I played the games and, while they were enjoyable. They weren't anything special. That's all I'm saying.
alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 alextherussian
It takes more to impress me than a not-so-stellar game libraryKHAndAnime
The Wii has far from a "not so stellar" library. In fact rating wise it does pretty damn well. In terms of dueling then I believe resorts with Motion+ offers exactly that.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KHAndAnime
[QUOTE="alextherussian"]

[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"] Rare hasn't delivered any exceptional games this gen at all. I really wouldn't care if they just do party games from now until the end of the generation.nintendo-4life

Couldn't care less about the reviews. I played the games and, while they were enjoyable. They weren't anything special. That's all I'm saying.

Exactly. Rare used to be a consistent AAA developer. They're far from it now.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KHAndAnime
[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]It takes more to impress me than a not-so-stellar game libraryalextherussian
The Wii has far from a "not so stellar" library. In fact rating wise it does pretty damn well. In terms of dueling then I believe resorts with Motion+ offers exactly that.

The dueling in Motion+ is lackluster, and is but a mere mini-game. I probably haven't played it more than 20 times, probably because I sold my Wii a few weeks after I bought WM+.
alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 alextherussian
[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"] Couldn't care less about the reviews. I played the games and, while they were enjoyable. They weren't anything special. That's all I'm saying.

Thats fair. To each his, different strokes for different folks. Averages however are a basis for a rational argument, emotion and opinion are not. Rare have done just fine based on the aggregate.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KHAndAnime
[QUOTE="alextherussian"][QUOTE="nintendo-4life"] Couldn't care less about the reviews. I played the games and, while they were enjoyable. They weren't anything special. That's all I'm saying.

Thats fair. To each his, different strokes for different folks. Averages however are a basis for a rational argument, emotion and opinion are not. Rare have done just fine based on the aggregate.

So these averages aren't opinions? I forgot reviewers analyzed their games with machines to come up with the scores. :lol:
alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 alextherussian

[QUOTE="alextherussian"][QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]It takes more to impress me than a not-so-stellar game libraryKHAndAnime

The dueling in Motion+ is lackluster, and is but a mere mini-game. I probably haven't played it more than 20 times, probably because I sold my Wii a few weeks after I bought WM+.

What can I say, I guess we dont see eye to eye on this. Overall based on critical acclaim the Wii has a great library, one which the Move can quite simply not match in a short period of time. Through in Wii Motion+ and honestly the differences between the options are minimal.

If you find you like the PS3 more because of Move then power too you, enjoy. I dont feel its worth the investment until their are more quality titles out on the market and it has been a product shown to be supported in more consistent way then your average "copy the competitor" brand extension product...

alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 alextherussian
[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] So these averages aren't opinions? I forgot reviewers analyzed their games with machines to come up with the scores. :lol:

Fight the power all you want but sadly averages are a pretty great way of dictating overall opinion. Its how political polls are formed, its how statistics are made and how product research is conducted. As humans we operate on an average, goes for pretty much everything in a developed country. I would love for you to prove me wrong on this...
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="alextherussian"] The Wii has far from a "not so stellar" library. In fact rating wise it does pretty damn well. In terms of dueling then I believe resorts with Motion+ offers exactly that. alextherussian

What can I see, I guess we dont see eye to eye on this. Overall based on critical acclaim the Wii has a great library, one which the quite simply can not match in a short period of time. Through in Wii Motion+ and honestly the differences between the options are minimal.

If you find you like the PS3 more because of Move then power too you, enjoy. I dont feel its worth the investment until their are more quality titles out on the market and it has been a product shown to be supported in more consistent way then your average "copy the competitor" brand extension product...

Until there's a better version of Ping Pong on any console out there, I don't really need a bunch of AAA launch titles to justify the purchase. Tumble and Sports Champions are just too damn fun.

Oh yea, and the Wii's library just isn't that hot in my opinion. Truly lacks any impressive RPGs, Shooters, etc.

alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 alextherussian

Until there's a better version of Ping Pong on any console out there, I don't really need a bunch of AAA launch titles to justify the purchase. Tumble and Sports Champions are just too damn fun.

Oh yea, and the Wii's library just isn't that hot in my opinion. Truly lacks any impressive RPGs, Shooters, etc.

KHAndAnime

I guess it has already been said, but different stroke for different folks. If there is anything to take away from this its that I make a horrible amount of spelling mistakes if I try to type while not paying attention...

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] So these averages aren't opinions? I forgot reviewers analyzed their games with machines to come up with the scores. :lol:alextherussian
Fight the power all you want but sadly averages are a pretty great way of dictating overall opinion. Its how political polls are formed, its how statistics are made and how product research is conducted. As humans we operate on an average, goes for pretty much everything in a developed country. I would love for you to prove me wrong on this...

So a mishmash of informed and uninformed opinions are more valuable to me than my own opinion? The United States for example doesn't operate purely on democracy of its people, but operates using well educated politicians. Statistics isn't relevant nor are all statistics true (conducted incorrectly and are analyzed with bias). And product research? You're talking about marketing and profit. None of these relate to what we're talking about.

Critics review games all using different tables of standards. Even if the Wii's library received better scores on average than the PS3 (which I doubt), many sites hold the PS3 to a higher standard, Gamespot included. If you average something subjective, the end result is still subjective.

POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]Until there's a better version of Ping Pong on any console out there, I don't really need a bunch of AAA launch titles to justify the purchase. Tumble and Sports Champions are just too damn fun.

alextherussian

I guess it has already been said, but different stroke for different folks. If there is anything to take away from this its that I make a horrible amount of spelling mistakes if I try to type while not paying attention...

I picked up the MOVE yesterday and WOW Table tennis is amazing you can put spin in either direction, very responsive much better then the wii(dont have motion+)so basing it off the original controller. And yea Tumble played the demo for about 15 minutes and went to the ps store and bought it. Such a great game, I had to put it down because i was getting frustrated with some of the challenges. Good investment so far and I think it has a promising future basing it off the tech demos i have seen.

alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 alextherussian

[QUOTE="alextherussian"][QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] So these averages aren't opinions? I forgot reviewers analyzed their games with machines to come up with the scores. :lol:KHAndAnime

So a mishmash of informed and uninformed opinions are more valuable to me than my own opinion? The United States for example doesn't operate purely on democracy of its people, but operates using well educated politicians. Statistics isn't relevant nor are all statistics true (conducted incorrectly and are analyzed with bias). And product research? You're talking about marketing and profit. None of these relate to what we're talking about.

Critics review games all using different tables of standards. Even if the Wii's library received better scores on average than the PS3 (which I doubt), many sites hold the PS3 to a higher standard, Gamespot included. If you average something subjective, the end result is still subjective.

A great argument for sure. I agree there is subjectivity but the whole point of any average is the reduction of said subjectivity. Conceivably the more people express their opinions the more real issues problems and points will be revealed. Your own opinion will always be your own justification but it in and off itself will rarely be enough to prove an argument one way or another.

Numbers do lie, just much less than words.

edit: Too bring it back to topic, the reason i brought this up was to say that based on critical acclaim, in the field of motion controls, the Wii would currently be the best way to go.