Has SW ruled on NMH's exclusivity?

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

[QUOTE="JAB991"]

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

Lol. The same game thats on the Wii is on the the 360/PS3.

Its simply nt exclusive.

VGobbsesser

False. Try again.

It may not be the exact same game, but it's still an enhanced version/remake,and remakes aren't considered to be exclusive titles in System Wars (if I recall correctly).

it's not enhanced at all. if anything, it's a cheap cash-in sub-par port
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#52 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41525 Posts
Multiplat in Japan Exclusive everywhere else
opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 opex07
Member since 2007 • 2236 Posts

I believe Tales of Vesperia is in the same situation, avaliable on the 360 every where, only in Japan for the PS3, and it is not considered to be exclusive on the spreadsheet. I personally think it would make more since to consider them exclusive since they are not avaliable to the majority of this board, the same way Japanese only games do not get included in lists.

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#54 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

Yea I think it is still exclusive. If it is only in Japan.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

SW has had an unwritten rule for a while that says that US releases are what matter. So if those versions are only available in Japan the game is still exclusive. Something similar happens with arcade games, only home oriented systems matter.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

"See.. Monster Hunter Tri Sold 1 million copies in Japan. 3rd party games can sell on the wii"

"It's only released in Japan and not in the states, so it still should count as an exclusive"

lol.. I love SW's logic.. :lol:

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

[QUOTE="JAB991"]

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

Lol. The same game thats on the Wii is on the the 360/PS3.

Its simply nt exclusive.

Shirokishi_

False. Try again.

Oh, sorry.

Same game plus control/cosmetic changes.

so the music is the only thing thats multiplat? :P

zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#58 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts
I don't think so. I also don't understand the "Since it exists somewhere else and not in the US it's still exclusive." Is the US the only market for gaming?
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

I don't think so. I also don't understand the "Since it exists somewhere else and not in the US it's still exclusive." Is the US the only market for gaming?zbdyx

This is a list for an english speaking site. Since the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions are only available in Japanese, then most of us can't play it. When Gamespot becomes a Japanese site, then it's not exclusive.

Also, Gamespot isn't going to review the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions. So they won't be gaining anything. It's like how Rock Band 2 for Wii isn't reviewed, so it has one less AA than it should.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

[QUOTE="zbdyx"]I don't think so. I also don't understand the "Since it exists somewhere else and not in the US it's still exclusive." Is the US the only market for gaming?nintendoman562

This is a list for an english speaking site. Since the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions are only available in Japanese, then most of us can't play it. When Gamespot becomes a Japanese site, then it's not exclusive.

Also, Gamespot isn't going to review the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions. So they won't be gaining anything. It's like how Rock Band 2 for Wii isn't reviewed, so it has one less AA than it should.

So why talk about Japanese sales? It's not American right?
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50541 Posts

If I can play it on my Ps3 I don't see how it's exclusive to the Wii.

Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#62 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts

If it comes to NA, then no it's not an exclusive anymore. It's just like saying how FF13 is exclusive to the PS3 in *** but worldwide it isn't and Tales of Vesperia being exclusive to the 360 worldwide while you can still get it on the PS3 in *** (then again you can always import). Also I'm among the few that don't see MLB 10 justified as an exclusive to the PS3 if 09 wasn't. The comparaison to the GRAW is simply lacking because that was OBVIOUSLY a first game from the perspective alone.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#63 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

No More Heroes 2 is exclusive.

No More Heroes is not because of the PS3 and 360 version.

zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 zbdyx

[QUOTE="zbdyx"]I don't think so. I also don't understand the "Since it exists somewhere else and not in the US it's still exclusive." Is the US the only market for gaming?nintendoman562

But it is on multiple consoles, therefore it is not exclusive. Just because it isn't out in America doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Read B for the definition of exclusive.

Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts

This brings up another question, is FF13 exclusive in Japan since only the PS3 version was released there?

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoman562"]

[QUOTE="zbdyx"]I don't think so. I also don't understand the "Since it exists somewhere else and not in the US it's still exclusive." Is the US the only market for gaming?zbdyx

But it is on multiple consoles, therefore it is not exclusive. Just because it isn't out in America doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Read B for the definition of exclusive.

Listen, in SW a game can be on multiple platforms and still be exclusive, how? It's SW that's how.
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

Chutebox

You can't. Unless you live in Japan.

zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 zbdyx

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

789shadow

Or import it. Therefore, it is not exclusive so it is playable.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50541 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

789shadow

I can import it.
Seiki_sands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#70 Seiki_sands
Member since 2003 • 1973 Posts

Exclusives in the first place seem like a way to artificially create a category to narrow down what there is to compare between consoles, and ignores features that may matter to some and not others.

Every game is in a sense exclusive. The code used for a port is considerably different than the original. Each machine has its own libraries and features to use, and special effects to add. The idea of exclusives wrongly ignore the differences between these ports.What's more ports can go horribly, horribly wrong. How is it remotely sane to say a port of a game universally recognized as great, is the same game as its port that is universally criticized as underwhelming.

If I have to recognize exclusives, then I say ANY deliberate changes make a new game, so Ninja Gaiden Sigma and MLB are exclusive, as is GRAW, as is Resident Evil Wii Edition, or any last gen ports if they have been updated in ANY way. A different edition is a different edition. You can claim its the same "basic" game, but that just leaves everything open to interpretation, this is a meaningful change, but that isn't. It's all nonsense and personal opinion.

I think its funny that people are so black and white about things that are clearly subjective.

It's exclusive means I can't play it anywhere else. PERIOD.

The only problem with that is not the definition of exclusive, it's the definition of IT. The actual game, which isn't exactly the same as any other version of the game. There are no exclusives because every game is exclusive. You'll just have to take the whole libraries of systems, as they are, into account when comparing them.

Or you can go on creating inaccurate and irrelevant categories so you can pretend 500 games this generation don't exist.

"Exclusives sell systems!" goes the shout.

There are a lot of reasons systems sell. The best selling 360 launch title wasn't an exclusive and I'm sure Modern Warfare 2 sold a system or two for both platforms. If you were waiting forever to play Bayonetta, and hadn't bought a next gen system because there were no truly AAA beat em ups yet, you might buy a 360 because it was the superior version. If you love Batman, but hadn't bought a next gen system yet, when Batman AA came out, you might buy a PS3 because of the added content. More likely, people buy a console because of the WHOLE library, the games they see sitting on the shelves in an actual shop or online, or more likely still, because their circle of friends or family play a particular system. The actual answer is people buy systems for all of these reason, plus perceived exclusives, which would almost certainly include No More Heroes if you were inclined to buy a Wii for it, plus many, many other reasons, from hardware features, to design and marketing.

strudel420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 strudel420
Member since 2006 • 3687 Posts

It's like the Dead Rising exclusive debate... except the game won't be getting worse.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

It's like the Dead Rising exclusive debate... except the game won't be getting worse.

strudel420

well the upgraded version isnt as good as the wii one,so i really dont get that statement

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Not exclusive.

strudel420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 strudel420
Member since 2006 • 3687 Posts

[QUOTE="strudel420"]

Mario1331

well the upgraded version isnt as good as the wii one,so i really dont get that statement

Chop till you drop had was severely castrated compared to the first Dead Rising. I'm just saying that Grasshopper don't have to make huge concessions.

SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#75 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts
Logically, it's not exclusive. It's released on the other platforms, even if it's only Japan. We can't just rule out Japan because the game isn't in English.
RavenLoud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 RavenLoud
Member since 2009 • 2874 Posts

I guess we'll have to do with it just like with Tales of Vesperia.

BTW, is ToV exclusive?

(Dam Namco and their xenophobic region policies)

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Is HMH: DS coming to other regions anytime soon?

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

I don't know what you're saying. The PS3 is region-free, and importing is very easy. From what I've heard, the PS3 version even has an option for the english dub and predominantly english menus. Clearly not exclusive.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
Are Tales Of Vesperia and Cross Edge still considered exclusive for their respective consoles on the System Wars spread sheet? If so then NMH is still a Wii exclusive since there's currrently no out of Japan release date.
SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

Are Tales Of Vesperia and Cross Edge still considered exclusive for their respective consoles on the System Wars spread sheet? If so then NMH is still a Wii exclusive since there's currrently no out of Japan release date.FlamesOfGrey
I don't think something being released out of Japan should determine a game's exclusivity (what if only a French version was released, and only in France?). Nor should a game have to be released in the United States specifically to not be exclusive, because what if an english version was only released in the UK, and Americans had to import it?

What determines whether a game that hasn't been released in America is exclusive should depend on whether it's playable for an english speaker. And from what I've heard, NMH's Japanese version is indeed playable for an english speaker, thanks to the option for an english dub, menus and PS3's region-free status.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Chutebox

I can import it.

Translation: I have to jump through a hoop to play it on the other console. Not only that, but the other versions don't exist in the majority of the gaming market.

Although, really, asking SW if a game is exclusive or not is totally pointless. The people who gain from it going multiplat will say it isn't exclusive, and the other people will say it's still exclusive, with the multiplat people winning every time.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

[QUOTE="strudel420"]

strudel420

Chop till you drop had was severely castrated compared to the first Dead Rising. I'm just saying that Grasshopper don't have to make huge concessions.

oh yea thats true