Has Sony effectively deflated the hype of the Scorpio?

• 160 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Has Sony effectively deflated the hype of the Scorpio? (142 votes)

Without a doubt, yes. The Scorpio could come equipped with an uncannily efficacious toaster oven, the kind that is wrought in the fashion of a broiler, a liberal, quasi-broiler, if you will, which will not broil to a commensurate degree, so to speak, or anything approaching such, but will achieve with specifically tailored settings an appropriate and perhaps zealous, in a manner, grease/crumble ratio, and I still would not care. 35%
No. 65%

It's no secret that Sony has been on a rampage in 2017. From Horizon, to Nioh, to Gravity Rush 2, to Yakuza, to Nier, to P5, to......you get the point. In a sense you can even throw RE7 in there too, as it can only be played in VR on a PS4 with PSVR (which is freaking awesome, by the way, if you've not tried it). Game after game after game, and virtually all of them have been critically acclaimed. And there are still more coming, such as UC: The Lost Legacy, GT Sport, Ace Combat 7, etc. etc. And now we have the news that Insomniac's Spider-Man and perhaps Days Gone as well will be releasing this year. All of this amounts to a veritable landslide of top quality exclusives. So far this has been one of best gaming years for Sony ever, and we're less than halfway through. Not to mention all of the bombshells that they are undoubtedly going to drop at E3.

Point is, greatness arrived for the PS4 in a very big way this year. And it is no stretch to say that on MS's side, the lineup this year has been pretty, well, thin; their new console is their main talking point, and they haven't even talked much about it. So, do you think that Sony has eclipsed the upcoming release of MS's Scorpio?

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Hmm? Scorpio?

Sorry, I can't hear you over all the AAA barn bursting, world class exclusive games and top tier 3rd party I'm playing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@darkspineslayer said:

Hmm? Scorpio?

Sorry, I can't hear you over all the AAA barn bursting, world class exclusive games and top tier 3rd party I'm playing.

Indeed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

Well, given the fact that we hardly know anything about Scorpio thus far other than that it will be significantly more powerful than the PS4 Pro and yet despite there not being any big Scorpio news, Sony fanboys still can't stop talking about Scorpio and trying to downplay it, I'm going to say no.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@storm_of_swords said:

Well, given the fact that we hardly know anything about Scorpio thus far other than that it will be significantly more powerful than the PS4 Pro and yet despite there not being any big Scorpio news, Sony fanboys still can't stop talking about Scorpio and trying to downplay it, I'm going to say no.

Why does it always have to come to a fanboy accusation? Can just a normal person mention the Scorpio without being a fanboy (or girl)?

Please enlighten me.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Nobody cares about the Scorpio.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

Nobody cares about the Scorpio.

^This.

Then there are those still clinging to some kind of a miraculous xbone comeback.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

The Scorpio is dead on arrival in Japan.. so the only hope M$ has is Europe and the US. And the market is just too saturated at this point for the scorpio to make any kind of relevant noise. Having said that... I wouldn't necessarily give all the credit to Sony. There's a little thing called the Switch that recently launched and selling like gangbusters.. oh and another little thing called the PC which is scooping up ALL the 3rd parties. And let's not assume that 30 million XBO users will just throw out their system's for a n upgrade.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

Await for arrival of 2nd coming of the cross, our Lord and saviour

The X1 Scorpio.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Certainly hasn't deflated my hype for it.. if you can call it hype. I'm just excited to get an Xbox that will really support my 4k tv.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

MS is gonna have to bring heat come reveal time and I don't mean with another halo or Forza or whatever those games are business as usual. They gotta bring something new and maybe dabble in genre they typically dont. And stop quitting seriously scalebound, fable legend, project spark (did I miss anything?).if I were them I'd franchise the heck out of sunset Over Drive and is Killer Instinct still alive? I'd even say make a new Viva Piñata. They have the potential to have the biggest 1st party line up but they're not trying. All they do is buy ip everyone is used to and aren't exactly rushing out to get it. Minecraft is a fine example of that, everyone who wants it most likely has it so it's not that exciting.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

I'd imagine the hype will pick up significantly when its closer to release.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Lol. Hype for Scorpio. It sounds like something Cobra Commander would release to try and snatch victory from GI Joe. "Releasssse the Ssssscorpio!" And then a robot scorpion attacks menacingly, but ultimately dies pretty quickly and easily.

The Xbone is terrible so there'll be no hype for some badly named "secret weapon", unless they earn it. They've yet to do so.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

No, MS is doing it to itself, the damn thing has taken so long that by the time it actually launches nobody is going to give a rat's ass about it.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

No one but desperate lems were hyping thin air anyways. For almost a year the Scorpio has been announced, all there were is "just wait" (just like DX12). Not only do we know nothing, but the system itself is launching in ages. Not exactly exciting when your competition is crushing the competition with quality titles in 2017. Even less exciting when the only game you can look forward to looks like an indie f2p game made by a dev that has been deader than the original Bioware.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@OhSnapitz said:

The Scorpio is dead on arrival in Japan.. so the only hope M$ has is Europe and the US. And the market is just too saturated at this point for the scorpio to make any kind of relevant noise. Having said that... I wouldn't necessarily give all the credit to Sony. There's a little thing called the Switch that recently launched and selling like gangbusters.. oh and another little thing called the PC which is scooping up ALL the 3rd parties. And let's not assume that 30 million XBO users will just throw out their system's for a n upgrade.

XBO and PS4 is dead in China i.e. Wintel PC gaming dominates China.

by Niko Partners analyst Daniel Ahmad.

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/821115988607401984?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Here is the same chart as before. But this time for Xbox sales.
Note. Xbox One sales are estimated. Actual sales may vary. pic.twitter.com/ymHSt0KgNg

— Daniel Ahmad (@ZhugeEX) January 16, 2017

XBO is tracking Xbox 360 sales.

The loser was Nintendo's desktop gaming machines such as Wii/Wii U. Switch has 3DS and Vita hendheld customers

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2139 Posts

What hype?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@darkspineslayer said:

Hmm? Scorpio?

^ ^ This.

It's all about the games and M$ has none.

@Syn_Valence said:

What hype?

^ ^ Also this.

Only people hyped for it are hardcore lems on SW praying for a savior, the same people that still think Ryse Flop of Rome and Quantum Flop are great games. Everyone else is too busy playing quality AAA games on the PS4, PC, or Switch to care. Flopio will be DOA with no games.

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

Eddie is slowly destroying my interest with articles based off of one sentence tweets that actually say nothing.

I can't tell if he sits breathlessly awaiting Xbox Scorpio tweets or secretly works for Sony and is brilliantly over-saturating (my) eyeballs with pointless non-news.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#20 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I think the Switch did the job.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

MS/Xbox anti-fans insecurity has already hit critical levels.

Mighty Scorpio Stinger, already, before it even launches deflated the Bore Poo. lol

The Big MS/Xbox Crackdown is coming baby. :P

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

Too little too late on the games and exclusives. The PS4 Pro will be seen as good enough with amazing games imo. Better luck next gen Xbox, if there is a next gen, this gen may just continue with newer hardware.

It may just be me, but I don't see what powerful hardware will do on it's own. It's not a new situation and the 'powerful choice' hasn't ever proved to be a successful factor for a console.

What makes the Scorpio even more unexciting to me, is that it's likely going to be the same, if not slightly better graphics, but at a native 4K. Unless there's more to it than that, resolution isn't particularly exciting as a selling point to me. Even on my PC, a constant 60fps beat the shit out of resolution for importance to me, because that's gameplay first, then it's resolution and then settings to get the best I can at the frame rate and resolution, but without impacting the resolution at all.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

Was there ever Scorpio hype to begin with?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

yeah lets all pretend E3 came and went

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

No hype? i mean the cows take turns of damage controlling it with a thread nearly everyday here on SW, this is about reduc's 3rd of 4th one, and they get funnier with every new thread.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

Only if you like playing blurry games under 30fps

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#28 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

I would say not, but MS have effectively crippled it by stressing that all games have to run on the X1.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

It is hard to say how I feel, but both Sony's exciting software output and my interest in the Scorpio feel like they are grabbing my attention for different reasons.

The PS4 games this year have driven me to conclude that I am going to purchase one in Q4 of this year. I am really looking forward to playing some fun games. :)

When it comes to Scorpio, I am not entirely sure what it is. My best guess is that it is a more powerful version of the Xbox One. If that is the case, my desire is that I will get higher performance out of the games I am looking forward to playing such as Cities: Skylines and the games I frequently play on the system (like Overwatch).

Because my enthusiasm for these are different, I don't really find myself comparing them.

JtoThaMtoThaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JtoThaMtoThaP
Member since 2016 • 1016 Posts

Nobody cares about the Scorpio they say lol but yet they make threads everyday. Just wait until we get some real Scorpio info.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

It's "cloud power", DX12, teh epic price drop, Halo, China, backwards compatibility, and FIFA Legends all over again. They would all come to save the day, and they all merely kept the platform's head above water for another year.

The only thing that would make Scorpio more than the next manufactured hype train to keep the platform relevant in the eyes of its ardent fanbase is for it to come with exclusive XBox games again. As far as I can see (right now), Xbox managed to reach the same 30-ish million fans they had with the first machine but have successfully made some of them double-dip with either the S model or Scorpio respectively.

The PS3 overcame the 360 with exclusives much the same way the Super Nintendo overtook the Genesis. I see no such dedication to the brand coming from Microsoft and canning games the way they have builds little to no confidence in some miraculous change of direction. Anyone who says differently is just being foolish, and I could give a flying shit if they want to paint me as a hater for stating the facts of life.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Certainly hasn't deflated my hype for it.. if you can call it hype. I'm just excited to get an Xbox that will really support my 4k tv.

Meanwhile you have not care in 3+ years that your XBO didn't really support your 1080p one..lol

@ronvalencia said:

XBO and PS4 is dead in China i.e. Wintel PC gaming dominates China.

by Niko Partners analyst Daniel Ahmad.

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/821115988607401984?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

XBO is tracking Xbox 360 sales.

The loser was Nintendo's desktop gaming machines such as Wii/Wii U. Switch has 3DS and Vita hendheld customers

Oh good Rondemencia arrived..

Who cares about China consoles have never eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer had being big there,and PC is full of piracy in china.

By the way those are estimates not 100% correct as MS stopped giving number do to how bad the xbox one was doing vs the PS4.

Nitendo won the past generation with the wii idiot,and without losing billions like MS and sony did.

@kvally said:

$ony fans are more butt hurt now than ever, and Scorpio isn't even out. I wonder what is it exactly that $ony is doing to their fanba$e to even keep them at harbor? I mean, is $ony giving them blow job$ to market their pla$tic? Like, are there $ony brothel$ that have secret room$ where you say the $ecret phrase "greatne$$ await$".....then they pull down your drawer$, unfold your flacid man handle, drop it into the back of their throat, and engage in $ony Fellatio....milking you like a teat until you are 2% homogenized, ready for market penetration?

Or i$ it just a $ony paycheck direct depo$ited into your account?

Yes all that while you use your xbox one to order pizza while you watch cable through it because it has nothing to play...lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tormentos

@Evo_nine said:

Hey leave the xbox one alone...

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

I'm thinking this is gonna be a big seller amongst the anti-fans this holiday season, get it now whilst you can I mean, this stuff takes longer and is harder to produce than Bait & Switch's....

lol :P

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

The switch looks more interesting to me. I have watched GameGrumps play Zelda BotW and it looks amazeballs but it's going to have wait til summer plus Persona 5's out and that's priority number 1 right now. One more thing MS suck massive chode for variety in games.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#36 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@tormentos said:

Meanwhile you have not care in 3+ years that your XBO didn't really support your 1080p one..lol

@kvally said:

$ony fans are more butt hurt now than ever, and Scorpio isn't even out. I wonder what is it exactly that $ony is doing to their fanba$e to even keep them at harbor? I mean, is $ony giving them blow job$ to market their pla$tic? Like, are there $ony brothel$ that have secret room$ where you say the $ecret phrase "greatne$$ await$".....then they pull down your drawer$, unfold your flacid man handle, drop it into the back of their throat, and engage in $ony Fellatio....milking you like a teat until you are 2% homogenized, ready for market penetration?

Yes all that while you use your xbox one to order pizza while you watch cable through it because it has nothing to play...lol

I use my PC, PS Pro and Xbox One to play games. I love being a manticore. Speaking of which, I am on campaign B in Nier Automata. Where are you in that game?

BTW, most games on the Xbox One are 1080p.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

I think it's coming along fine. The xbox fanboys that are building it up as some sort of savior are a bit delusional tho. It will sell about the same as PS4 Pro..maybe less.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#38 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

I think it's coming out at the wrong time, and that's why the hype isn't really there.

The ps4 is a fantastic console, and is really hitting it's stride this year with a ton of amazing games.

The Switch launched and has a bright future, and it has one of the best games ever made exclusive to it.

The Xbox One has made a big turn around and is a great system as well.

All 3 console makers have positives going for them, so the Scorpio just seems out of place TBH. Why not wait until sales of the ps4 and one start to drop, then release newer consoles to build up the hype again? The only reason MS seems to be releasing the scorpio is just to stick it to Sony.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tormentos

@kvally said:

I use my PC, PS Pro and Xbox One to play games. I love being a manticore. Speaking of which, I am on campaign B in Nier Automata. Where are you in that game?

So how is that pizzahut app you use all days..lol

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

Only rabid Cows would think this.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

Only rabid Cows would think this.

Gonzo's back!

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#42 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@tormentos said:
@Evo_nine said:

Hey leave the xbox one alone...

And the PSPro

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@kvally said:

I see what you did there @dakur. ROFLMAO!!!!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#44  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

LOL. This thread is more proof that it has not.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#45 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Does your average mainstream gamer even know of and/or care about Nioh, Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza, Nier, or P5?

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#46 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@tormentos said:
@kvally said:

So how is that pizzahut app you use all days..lol

I didn't realize it had a Pizza Hut app. Then again, I prefer real pizza, not the bullshit that spits out of that POS pseudo pizza factory. As soon as I am done with Halo Wars 2 and Gears 4, I will do a search for the app, download it, and buy you a pizza and have it delivered to your doorstep.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#47 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Does your average mainstream gamer even know of and/or care about Nioh, Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza, Nier, or P5?

Yes! The lines are backed up every day at Best Buy and Gamespot. The average mainstream gamer is camping out every day for their copy of these games. What universe do you live? Definitely not the alternate universe in which what I described happens.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@darkspineslayer said:

Hmm? Scorpio?

Mod dropping Nuclear Bombs!

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

If scorpio has the best version of multiplats 4k res im done with my ps4 its in the dump its not coming out

i dont like checkerboarding i dont like 1080p i want 4k red dead i don't want a PC i want controller on my 4k tv

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

How can there be hype for something we know nothing about (specific's wise)? Wait until we actually see the frigging thing