Has one game ever justified an entire system for you?

• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@Bruin1986 said:

Yes, Halo CE.

I've played games for almost 25 years now on a dozen consoles and PC, and I've never had as much fun with a game as I did with Halo CE.

I bought the Xbox solely because of it. All of the other games were just icing on the cake.

Having huge LAN parties with 3 or 4 xboxs linked together, while being able to trash talk my friends directly to their faces, was gaming nirvana.

I'm hoping Halo 5 will do the same, though I'm not going to be overly optimistic. Halo CE is a once in a generation type of game, at least for me. That said, despite all the flack that 343i got for Halo 4, I think it was a very impressive feat for their FIRST game. Stepping into Bungie's insanely large shoes would have been an impossible task for any studio, let alone a brand new one. I'm thinking that once we finally get a reveal at Halo 5, we're going to be really blown away.

Any idea when that may be? Or will we have to wait until E3 2014?

yeah Halo would be a system seller if they did the game justice. I just don't see that. I sure hope so though.

Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#102  Edited By Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

@charizard1605: I bought an xbox 360 just to play Halo 2 online. I never had an xbox. Played halo 2 will my buddies almost everyday after school. As soon as I could get a 360 I had one, first game.. nope not COD 2, nope not Perfect Dark.. halo 1 and 2, and xbox live.

edit: of course I played and enjoyed many games later on (Oblivion blew my mind).. but Halo 2 was the only reason I bought it besides the fact that it was a new and cool gaming console. I played it the most, almost religiously, until halo 3 came out.. then I moved onto it... If I keep going I have to get into the very disappointed history of the next halos though.. I'd rather not... *thinks of reach.. and even worse.. halo 4.. shudders..

.. THEY KILLED IT TO MAKE IT MORE LIKE COD!!

ok... sorry.. but yeah. Damn them..

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#103  Edited By kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

twilight princess was kinda the reason I even considered getting a wii

ps3 - I had it at launch but couldn't convince people to get it until uncharted 2

n64 mario 64

Dreamcast-sonic adventure

gamecube -melee

xbox-dead or alive 3

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

Brought Ps2 for Madden only just had to have it.Brought the first xbox for NFL FEVER loved that game, I brought the 360 early because of the first Saints Row but had to really have it for Gears of War

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

I hadn't played an SRPG in years and everyone I trusted in game taste was raving about Fire Emblem: Awakening, so I bought a 3DS for that. One of the best purchases I've ever made too.

Mr_Cumberdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#106 Mr_Cumberdale
Member since 2004 • 10189 Posts

Can't say there has been. My previous consoles were all bought by my parents, who I'm sure wouldn't want me getting just one game. Besides, there are usually at least a handful of games/exclusives that I would play.

DirkXXVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#107 DirkXXVI
Member since 2008 • 498 Posts

Yes, Resident Evil Remake on Gamecube, which pretty much was the only game I owned for the system save for Metroid and MGS: Twin Snakes which I bought many years later. Easily the best game of the Resident Evil series yet criminally unappreciated.

Even worse is that Nintendo owns the rights so the only way to play it is on a Nintendo system, or an emulator but thats not exactly practical. The ultimate irony is Shinji Mikami complained about how the game didn't sell well as evidence that gamers were tired of the classic format. Even though he forgets to mention that it was only released on THE FREAKING GAMECUBE. Yes it was made available for the Wii but between the game being 4 years old and the Wii's target audience it never got much attention . Shame that it was never released on PS2 or even Xbox for that matter.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@charizard1605:

I bought an N64 just to play Ocarina of Time