Has Dragon Age 3 blinded SW with graphics?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

Poll Has Dragon Age 3 blinded SW with graphics? (49 votes)

Yes 31%
No 47%
A bonus option 22%

My friends. I'm shocked. Bemused. Perturbed. And other descriptive words.

Dragon Age 2, was hated. It represented everything people hate about the industry. Pandering, dumbing down. Appealing to action gamers. Betraying a franchise roots. Rushed games. Re-designing games for a console control pad. Lack of mod tools. Press X to win.

Yet, Dragon Age 3, which appears to be, everything listed above, an action title, nothing like Baldurs Gate, designed for consoles in mind, simplified seems to be getting a positive response.

Is this simply due to graphics, which, in all likelihood, is midleading to console users, running on a pc? Or do you, the mass genuinely expecting EA and Bioware to something or another?

• 
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

SW always gets blinded by graphics.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58889 Posts

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

They're going after that Skyrim cash. If you keep that in mind, and not that it was supposed to be a sequel to BG, you can have something to look forward.

Now that we have Obsidian's new game, I just don't give a shit.

Muffin2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Muffin2020
Member since 2013 • 534 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

Or do you, the mass genuinely expecting EA and Bioware to something or another?

Jesus wept. What the **** does your final sentence even mean?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Well Duh ! Thats all you people talk about..... You will get what you get and you will enjoy it !

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts

It's a Dragon Age game, not a Baldur's Gate game. Stop hoping for a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate. Dragon Age: Origins was such a title. Dragon Age 2 and Dragon Age: Inquisition are not, and they are in no way claiming it to be. Unlike Dragon Age 2 however, Inquisition appears to be doing the action RPG thing well. It also happens to be a particularly pretty game.

...and yes, they've already confirmed that the game has been demoing on a PC. They're not exactly keeping that a secret from people.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Pretty much... People see a pretty looking game trailer and they hype it regardless of its predecessor or if the company has ever made a great game.

Also this is system wars and graphics are the key component to the one-upmanship.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@uninspiredcup

You could always just replay Baldurs Gate and not critisize Dragon Age for trying to Evolve..... Everybody Wins !

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Doom_HellKnight said:

It's a Dragon Age game, not a Baldur's Gate game.

But Dragon Age is the spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate. Dragon Age 2 console person button presser. No Baldurs Gate spirit. No Dragon Age. Entire point spirit. Without spirit, not the same game.

Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Doom_HellKnight

@uninspiredcup said:

@Doom_HellKnight said:

But Dragon Age is the spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate. Dragon Age 2 console person button presser. No Baldurs Gate spirit. No Dragon Age. Entire point spirit. Without spirit, not the same game.

Dragon Age: Origins was the spiritual successor. They in no way stated that the entire series would follow suite, and evidently it didn't. Mass Effect 2 became more of a shooter and less of an RPG. Dragon Age 2 became more of an action game whilst also dropping some of it's RPG elements, but retaining many others. A streamlined experience, if you will. Baldur's Gate is a classic and isn't going anywhere. Go and play them again if you don't like the direction in which Dragon Age is going, because it's not the series you want.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#13 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

LOL Dragon Age. Another game for console kiddies.

And LOL Uninspirecup thread

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

I honestly don't know.I am still on the fence about the game.I mean it's made bioware and despite all the recent EA bs there has to be some talent left in there somewhere.

I want it to be good.I want it to be a success and bring bioware back on top.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

the pics they shown are bullshots~ bright has day

second: i believe i remember during a interview that they said they are going back to their roots

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

Eh, I'm guessing the game wont push the graphics that much.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Doom_HellKnight said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@Doom_HellKnight said:

Dragon Age: Origins was the spiritual successor. They in no way stated that the entire series would follow suite,

The entire premise of Dragon Age was a CRPG type game. The fact they didn't mention they planned on turning it into a console action title game, doesn't oblige myself or anyone to accept or see Dragon Age 2 as an accepted or acceptable part of the series. Nor does it justify it. Nor does "oh it's just different" make it not shit as ****.

A great example we can use, is Ace Ventura Pet Detective. Did they say from the outset we would get this?

No. Does it make it ok? No. Is it a cynical cash in like Dragon Age 2 that shits on first movie and undermines the viewers intelligence? Yes.

So while on paper you can say with certainty "oh yes, this is copyright trademark, Dragon Age" It's essentially Ace Ventura JR.

Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Doom_HellKnight

@uninspiredcup said:

@Doom_HellKnight said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@Doom_HellKnight said:

Dragon Age: Origins was the spiritual successor. They in no way stated that the entire series would follow suite,

The entire premise of Dragon Age was a CRPG type game. The fact they didn't mention they planned on turning it into a console action title game, doesn't oblige myself or anyone to accept or see Dragon Age 2 as an accepted or acceptable part of the series. Nor does it justify it. Nor does "oh it's just different" make it not shit as ****.

A great example we can use, is Ace Ventura Pet Detective. Did they say from the outset we would get this?

No. Does it make it ok? No. Is it a cynical cash in like Dragon Age 2 that shits on first movie and undermines the viewers intelligence? Yes.

So while on paper you can say with certainty "oh yes, this is copyright trademark, Dragon Age" It's essentially Ace Ventura JR.

Cute. But again: If you don't enjoy the direction the series is taking, don't engage in it. I can totally understand that some people don't enjoy the direction the series has taken, and Dragon Age 2 was a disappointing game. But unfortunately (for you, anyway) the franchise has changed into something that it originally wasn't. Is that going to bother some people? Of course. Does that make it a less legitimate form of entertainment? Of course not. That's ridiculous. You not liking the direction it has taken is irrelevant.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 uninspiredcup

@Doom_HellKnight said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@Doom_HellKnight said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@Doom_HellKnight said:

Cute. But again: If you don't enjoy the direction the series is taking, don't engage in it. I can totally understand that some people don't enjoy the direction the series has taken

By some you mean almost everyone in existence?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By uninspiredcup
@Doom_HellKnight said:

You not liking the direction it has taken is irrelevant.

That's probably why Bioware are marketing the game to fix Dragon Ages 2 problems then.

@Doom_HellKnight said:

Cute. But again: If you don't enjoy the direction the series is taking, don't engage in it. I can totally understand that some people don't enjoy the direction the series has taken

By "some" you mean almost everyone in existence?

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

It looks great and has and it has branching storylines like Mass Effect, but more complex. I'm sold.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Hope not. I wish most can see past it, and notice the crap that is the DA series.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

nope not at all.

graphics have never been biowares strong suit. if i wanted graphics, i would be more excited for witcher 3

you keep mentioning dragon age 2 as if bioware hasnt said numerous times that they know ppl didnt like it. im just giving them a chance to finish the story arc from 2.

oh and btw, there was an option in dragon age 2 to change the mashing the attack button to one button actions (which i switched to) so its not like you were locked into it. if you didnt know this was an option, then thats on you

what i think was wrong with the game was not the fighting mechanic. my problems were

• the story had nothing to really do with the grey wardens (biggest problem with the story)
  • no part of the story was engaging until the very end
  • companion quests felt bleh
  • the repetitive settings/dungeons
  • the crafting system
  • companion armor upgrades
  • there were far more annoying characters than there were likeable ones

dragon age 3 looks loads better than dragon age 2. they acknowledge that changes needed to be made and they did. if you are skeptical then its ok, but dont think that others view it the same way you do. i know there are some in this forum that argued that dragon age 2 was better than origins. i for one cant wait for 3 since i love origins. i think everyone is hating on bioware based on 3 games which i think wasnt as bad as people make it out to be.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

The only part of Dragon Age 2 that annoyed me was the constant rehashing of dungeons and areas. With the crap excuse being the story was set around a ten year period, in one city. The dumbing down for consoles didn't bother me that much as at it's heart it wasn't a 'bad' game.

Take the gameplay from DA2 and put it into a much larger world and it should be fairly good, though I'm expecting The Witcher 3 to blow it out of the water, through the atmosphere and off into the cold void of space.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lulu_Lulu

Don't hate on action games... Its good to have an actuall challenge everynow and then

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

I dunno. Have you blinded us with your terrible threads?

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Except graphics is NOT the only improvements to be found in Dragon Age 3. Many of the complaints from DA2 have been addressed;

* No more (or much much less) recycled environments
* larger environments with more exploration
* full party customization
* the tactical camera makes a come back, AND is now featured for consoles
* adding to above point; videos have shown more tactical combat options from DA2
* no more health regen after combat ends, you have to use your limited supplies of potions

So aside from graphics (Thank you Frostbite!!) there's plenty more reasons to anticipate DA3.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By uninspiredcup

My friend this is simply PR buzz. Dragon Age 2 had it. Battlefield 3 had it.

Reality will be bleak and monotone. With many of you too proud to admit I was right.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

should probably play DA:O at some point

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Even though DA2 had flaws I still had a good time with it.So thats why I look forward to the next DA.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AdobeArtist  Moderator

@uninspiredcup said:

Reality will be bleak and monotone. With many of you too proud to admit I was right.

Larger environments, tactical camera and combat, no post combat health regen... all of that was actually shown in video. And not in pre-scripted cinematics. It was LIVE gameplay demo. It wasn't just "talked about" in a web site interview. So it's more than just "PR buzz", it's been proven fact.

Care to admit when you're wrong? ;)

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

theres always pr

but theres a difference of spinning something that they and honestly saying we are trying to correct the mistakes of the last gen. weather they fix it properly is a question that will be answered when the game releases but they tried to address it the best way they can.

i think you are getting things mixed up because dragon age 2 ruined the series for you.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

Graphics aren't even that great. And from that video, the animations were abysmal, too.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AdobeArtist  Moderator

@faizan_faizan said:

Graphics aren't even that great. And from that video, the animations were abysmal, too.

If I'm not mistaken, what's been shown so far is still from an early build. And the game is not set for release till fall later this year.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By faizan_faizan

@AdobeArtist said:

@faizan_faizan said:

If I'm not mistaken, what's been shown so far is still from an early build. And the game is not set for release till fall later this year.

Hence I said "from that video". My thoughts might change as I see some newer builds, though.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AdobeArtist  Moderator
@faizan_faizan said:

@AdobeArtist said:

@faizan_faizan said:

Hence I said "from that video". My thoughts might change as I see some newer builds, though.

Fair enough :)

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

the first its great the second its ok i buy DA3 i need WRPG on my ps4 this october

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 faizan_faizan

@AdobeArtist said:
@faizan_faizan said:

@AdobeArtist said:

@faizan_faizan said:

What are your views about the game?

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

Probably blinding to the consolites, well especially the lems.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AdobeArtist  Moderator
@faizan_faizan said:

@AdobeArtist said:
@faizan_faizan said:

@AdobeArtist said:

@faizan_faizan said:

What are your views about the game?

Even with the shortcomings of DA2, I still enjoyed it. Which is no to say I found some aspects disappointing. So with all that's been shown of DA3, I'm cautiously optimistic that this game will deliver far better than DA2.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#41 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

Of course. Just finished my second play through and it is all flash no substance.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#42 deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
Member since 2014 • 776 Posts

SW has always been blinded by graphics.

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

I'll buy it just for graphics, not ashamed to admit. If I want deep RPG gameplay, I have Divinity:Original Sin.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

That's the thing, DA3 does not look like DA2.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

I liked DA2. The only problem was not enough varied areas and that does not seem to be a problem with DA3.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

Of course. Just finished my second play through and it is all flash no substance.

If it was good enough for you to finish TWICE why the Hell are you complaining?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c072abf2e969
deactivated-5c072abf2e969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By deactivated-5c072abf2e969
Member since 2009 • 249 Posts

Is Dragon Age Inquisition a spin off?

I haven't played the previous titles and have no intention on doing do. But I really want to play this one.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#48  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I hope it turns out to be great but I have this funny feeling that DA3 is going to suck hairy arse.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#49 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@cainetao11 said:

If it was good enough for you to finish TWICE why the Hell are you complaining?

LOL the game isn't even out yet

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

No because people are far too apprehensive about another DA game after DA2. Shiny graphics aren't what people cared about when the game was shown off or announced, people wanted to see if it was the shit fest DA2 was and concentrated FAR more on other aspects