Has anything Xbox done to make you (PS4/PC) people want to buy Xbox or Xbox games?

• 60 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

I think many of PS4/PC fanboys are snarky mofo who annoy me more than enlighten me, and probably should stfu with your dumb crap, cause there is actual shit Xbox does that is worth having snide comments about. I don't agree with any of you, but I understand your picture more.

I get not everyone has reasons to enjoy Xbox, but is there anything they've done that even remotely makes you Xbox Haters want a Xbox One? Yes or No, do you even have faith Xbox will be worth having next gen?

Now, its been awhile since Xbox done something that really annoyed me, or grinded my gears, last year it was cancelling Scalebound and not hyping Phantom Dust or Voodoo Vince (you wouldn't know of these two games cause Xbox's idea of hyping them is randomly announcing they are coming out next day on Twitter).

Right now, I feel Xbox bought all these studios, yet We Happy Few and The Outer Worlds, aren't even exclusive, so feels more like a dig swinging show off, rather than penetrating the market. They have super hype games in Below and Ashen, two actual exclusives that could penetrate the gaming market, and what do they do, jack shit. They wouldn't do a blow out with them at XO18, and wasted their launch release with twitter. There wasn't even a video at TGA for them and doubt any of you Xbox haters even know what Winter of Arcade is. Nintendo spent more effort hyping Joker in Smash, than Xbox did 2 exclusives that haters might actually like.

Next, Xbox might make games I like, but they can't make shit that media and all gaming love and respect. And even with FH4 getting an award, they send a fucking PR guy to accept the award, when everyone else sent their talent to TGA to humanize their work, Xbox looks like fucking EA aka evil corp. So even if Xbox had some supreme God of War level game, and shockingly won over RDR2, who the **** is gonna want to see Aaron Greeberg's ass get the award.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

I guess play anywhere means I buy Xbox games, but for playing on PC. Gaming wise I don't see any reason to get an Xbox

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

You are asking this lot? lol!

Play anywhere? You think MS is putting games and service everywhere for you not to buy? Ok then carry on!

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

It kinda made me wish I had an X1X once Red Dead Redemption got a 4k upgrade a few months before it's sequels release. I was playing my regular version on my PS3 just wondering what it would look like and how drastic the difference would be. Also would like to try Fable, Blue Dragon, The Last Remnant, and any other RPG's I missed out on tbh

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

I really like what Xbox has going with backwards compatibility right now. Sure, you could say it's pointless to own one if you already have a PC, but that ignores a bunch of great titles which never came to the PC - stuff like the Metal Gear HD collection, Red Dead Redemption (the fun one), Fight Night Champion, Lost Odyssey, Skate 3, Mercenaries etc. Other games such as Jade Empire and Bully: Scholarship Edition run better on the Xbox One, with no Windows 10 compatibility issues.

Can definitely see the appeal if you missed out on a lot of last gen games, especially since Nintendo and Sony have given backwards compatibility the cold shoulder this gen. You could always keep an Xbox 360 hooked up of course, but that's just another plastic box under your tv with inferior build quality.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

@the-a-baum:No, I'm not asking a lot. The question is in the header. There are many anti-Xbox people around here, and just want to know if anything Xbox has done to change your mind, or make you hate them more. I

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Gamepass, BC, and 4k

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Games play best on XboxOne.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#9 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

Gamepass.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Im going to be totally honest. I wouldnt have one if it were free.

Why?

If I somehow acquired one for free id sell it to go toward future PC upgrades, the only way id ever want to keep one is if someone keeps paying me periodically to not sell it. That goes for PS4 too.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

I was a diehard Xbox gamer up until this gen. I've been saying this for years, but Xbox's most important IP are no longer being developed by the original teams. So, to answer your question, no.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@saltslasher said:

I think many of PS4/PC fanboys are snarky mofo who annoy me more than enlighten me, and probably should stfu with your dumb crap, cause there is actual shit Xbox does that is worth having snide comments about. I don't agree with any of you, but I understand your picture more.

I get not everyone has reasons to enjoy Xbox, but is there anything they've done that even remotely makes you Xbox Haters want a Xbox One? Yes or No, do you even have faith Xbox will be worth having next gen?

Now, its been awhile since Xbox done something that really annoyed me, or grinded my gears, last year it was cancelling Scalebound and not hyping Phantom Dust or Voodoo Vince (you wouldn't know of these two games cause Xbox's idea of hyping them is randomly announcing they are coming out next day on Twitter).

Right now, I feel Xbox bought all these studios, yet We Happy Few and The Outer Worlds, aren't even exclusive, so feels more like a dig swinging show off, rather than penetrating the market. They have super hype games in Below and Ashen, two actual exclusives that could penetrate the gaming market, and what do they do, jack shit. They wouldn't do a blow out with them at XO18, and wasted their launch release with twitter. There wasn't even a video at TGA for them and doubt any of you Xbox haters even know what Winter of Arcade is. Nintendo spent more effort hyping Joker in Smash, than Xbox did 2 exclusives that haters might actually like.

Next, Xbox might make games I like, but they can't make shit that media and all gaming love and respect. And even with FH4 getting an award, they send a fucking PR guy to accept the award, when everyone else sent their talent to TGA to humanize their work, Xbox looks like fucking EA aka evil corp. So even if Xbox had some supreme God of War level game, and shockingly won over RDR2, who the **** is gonna want to see Aaron Greeberg's ass get the award.

I think last time I actually turned on my Xbox X was a week after I bought it which is about a year ago, there are no games that are not on PC and the PS4 games are Exclusives

So nope Xbox has not done anything to warrant me turning it on.

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

I'm not an Xbox hater, but haven't wanted to buy an Xbox One this gen. For "Xbox games" as in MS exclusives? I bought Ori and the Blind Forest. I think I would like Ashen, but have too many other games to catch up on.

For next gen, I think it's more likely I would get a new gaming PC instead of the next Xbox. Even if I didn't, we have to wait and see what the recently acquired studios come up with.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

yeah, when i heard the news RDR was getting a 4K patch i bought an X1X the following day.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15904 Posts

Used to own xbone, traded for switch. I regret having both but at least these few month switch is proving it is more fun than xbone. So the answer is no, nothing this gen.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#16 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17795 Posts

I only care about the games and playing them the best way possible (PC). So, Xbox Play Anywhere is amazing from my point of view as I do not have to waste money on Xbox consoles. I wish Sony and Nintendo would do the same thing.

barny0111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 barny0111
Member since 2007 • 255 Posts

My answer is NO. But i don't 'hate' Xbox. MS just haven't done enough to entice me to purchase it this round. I'm a 'non loyal' console player and loved my 360, which i still have, along with the other consoles.

I bought PS4 first, mainly for Gran Turismo and had full intention of picking up an XB1. But I felt MS took too long to deliver interesting games, then I bought the switch and by that point I stopped caring.

I love racing simcades, so Forza H & 7 seems interesting. But GTS, AC, PC2 & Dirt (esp on VR, thats awesome) on PS4 keeps me busy enough. I even upgraded my PS4 to PS4 Pro to enhance the VR experience, instead of bothering wtih buying an X1. I think that says a lot.

I'm happy to get Xbox next gen if they deliver. Wait and see.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

No, m$ offerings are garbage and always have been garbage.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The-A-Baum

Wait til Sony's E3

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

I guess if anything what MS has done they made me not to want a Xbox do to play any where.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

I could care less what goes on with sales and all that bull some people here hold to such huge regard. I just care about games that appeal to me and what I'll enjoy. Hell, I've only turned on my Pro 3 times this year and that was to play Horizon, God of War, and Spiderman. I love that Microsoft has Play Anywhere and I can play whatever Microsoft exclusives releases on my PC.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#22 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58837 Posts

Hmmm. Nope. Absolutely nothing on the Xbox has been appealing.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56035 Posts

Following the examples what @drlostrib stated above, Xbox Play Anywhere just makes it easier for me to play MS games on my PC if it catches my fancy & Game Pass also makes it easier to just rent the games then me paying full price. I'm sorry but I really don't see the logical reason why I need to buy an Xbox One console when I got a gaming PC.

That said, I don't even "hate" Xbox One console, it's not aiming for the likes of me who has a gaming PC.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Xbone fanboys like op here, have put me off Xbone for life.

In the past, I seriously considered buying Xbone, even tho i already got PS4.

But since I started reading System Wars forum, I had a change of heart.

Xbone fanboys in this board are so rude and unpleasant folk, it has really put me off the console for life.

Be told.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#25 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

Future sounds tempting.

More Play Anywhere and new first parties.

While I prefer uncharted, tlou, hzd and gow, there's not enough of those games so I also like Halo and Gears. AAA games with campaigns.

IDK why I can no longer get into AC, FC, etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

I hate mine

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

I have no hate for the Xbox One in the least. I didn't buy one at launch because I got screwed really bad on the RROD with the 360, but honestly, I find racing games boring and online shooters to be shallow and lacking in original concepts.

That being said, if you don't like racers or shooters the xbox holds far less appeal. Also Add to the fact that game pass is on PC and you won't miss any exclusives by not buying an Xbox. Obsidian's new RPG exclusive is what Would make me buy an Xbox if it's good, but then again, if it's offered on game pass or PC I would much rather own it on PC.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I think it's nice that the bone supports DolbyVision with their UHD drive models and the BC would be nice if I didn't sell all my 360 games already. Still not enough to make me buy one, though. They just don't have the games to entice me to buy. It's looking highly likely that all the new games will be on the next gen system, too, which is putting me off buying the Bone, as well. Typically, Xbox systems are a complete paperweight a year or two before the next one comes out because they pour their resources into going ham at launch.

Jshoelace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jshoelace
Member since 2008 • 846 Posts

Backwards compatible means being able to play Ninja Gaiden Black.. At 4k too if that floats your boat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

So generally speaking, the One is basically toast for most people, there minds were made up.

As a X owner I've only gotten happier and happier, Game Pass has been most incredible $60 I ever spent. Nearly all choices MS has made has improved my love of Xbox. I just wasn't sure for those not into Xbox if they were being woo'd at all, or if seeing what all these new studios can do, making them change their minds about Xbox next gen.

I do think when Game Pass comes to PC, I will likely use it more, especially since I just upgraded my computer. I still have reasons to own a X, I like it at my 4K, and will likely get next Xbox and hook up to that 4K. And the day I want 4K for my PC, I will buy a 32" monitor for 4K, but that'll be in like 2 years when next gen of gpus come.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zappat
Member since 2018 • 1592 Posts

Lol No, pointless console

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

No.

not on PS4 also make me buy PS4 so far.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Nope. It's nice that we get to play the Xbox "exclusives" on PC, as meager as they are. I'm not into racing games, but I figure Forza would be the best out of the bunch, since Sea of Thieves sucked, and Gears 4 was incredibly mediocre. At least MS did something right this gen; I did end up spending money on their store for a few of those games, which I don't really mind doing.

Now, if only Sony would release their games on PC; then I'd be extremely satisfied. We are getting Journey, now give us the rest!

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#34 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Next gen will be better, hoping fable 4 comes out.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7219 Posts

Gears 5 coming next year whichever is interesting as it seemed a change in direction for the series. Fable 4 next generation has to happen not heard any ramblings about in being in development.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

The services are very appealing. If they had better software support, I would consider their brand much more in my buying decision making.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@robert_sparkes said:

Gears 5 coming next year whichever is interesting as it seemed a change in direction for the series. Fable 4 next generation has to happen not heard any ramblings about in being in development.

Lionhead Studios was closed in 2016, I believe.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

If you own a reasonable PC running Windows 10 there is absolutely no reason to buy an Xbox. We literally get everything that Xbox gets and we don't need to pay for Xbox Live either. It's not a hate thing, it's a fact thing.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2925 Posts

Yup, I have been owning a PS4 for three years now, but I just bought an Xbox one x, because

1) unlike the S, the X is much more powerful than a PS4. When released, I found the PS4 hardware disappointingly weak compared to a PC. The Xbox one x is more of a beast.

2) There are some exclusives that I am excited to play, namely Dead Rising 3, Gears of War 4 and Sunset Overdrive.

3) I want to play the best version of multiplats, especially Far Cry 5 and Red Dead 2.

4) I love the backwards compatibility feature, and I have a bunch of xbox 360 games that I want to play again in enhanced mode. I even want to buy and play a few old xbox games that I missed, especially KOTOR and Jade Empire. Why the he☆☆ can't we play PS3 games on PS4?

5) I want a 4k blueray player.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The-A-Baum

@GarGx1 said:

If you own a reasonable PC running Windows 10 there is absolutely no reason to buy an Xbox. We literally get everything that Xbox gets and we don't need to pay for Xbox Live either. It's not a hate thing, it's a fact thing.

I don't get why some people try turn Play Anywhere into a Black eye for Xbox. Do you think MS is putting games on PC for people not buy and play? Last I checked both Xbox and their PC games require the same Operating System in Windows 10, and require an Xbox Live Account. If Sony and Nintendo could pull that off as well I am sure they would in a heat beat.

They have been saying for the last 3-4 years play where you want to play. If you prefer to play on PC so be it. That's cool I prefer console. And if you like both even better. By you getting to play and enjoy the same games as me does not effect my enjoyment whatsoever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

I don't hate gaming companies lol. MS did nothing to make me want an Xbox One. Especially since their new studio acquisitions and game pass will be factors on PC.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GarGx1

@the-a-baum said:
@GarGx1 said:

I don't get why some people try turn Play Anywhere into a Black eye for Xbox. Do you think MS is putting games on PC for people not buy and play? Last I checked both Xbox and their PC games require the same Operating System in Windows 10, and require an Xbox Live Account. If Sony and Nintendo could pull that off as well I am sure they would in a heat beat.

They have been saying for the last 3-4 years play where you want to play. If you prefer to play on PC so be it. That's cool I prefer console. And if you like both even better. By you getting to play and enjoy the same games as me does not effect my enjoyment whatsoever.

Not sure I'm picking your tone up correctly but it appears a little aggressive and directed at me (the joy of text I suppose).

I completely agree with you if a person prefers to game on console then good for them, I'm not going to tell them they can't or shouldn't enjoy playing games on them. My preference is PC and thanks to MS I can play games from their Xbox focused catalogue on Windows 10. I just wish they'd improve the bloated Windows App store though, that's an awful shop, I'm not a massive fan of the Xbox Live app either.

Like I said though, it's not a hate thing, it's a fact thing.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 The-A-Baum

@GarGx1: Not aggressive at all. Peace Bro.

RE:The MS store. As you may have heard the guy that Phil used to have to report to and was replaced by Phil when he moved up to VP of gaming was Terry Myerson who was formerly head of Windows. Phil wanted to make the Store as easy as it is on Xbox, yet Terry did not want to let the Windows and Xbox teams work together, and keep them separated. He was famously not a fan of the Xbox division. And boy how times have changed.

Phil Spencer has said he will be handling it and addressed it at the TGA's.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17809 Posts

no. It has no exclusives that interest me. the xbox one X itself is a fine console (though as pointless as the pro) but since the start of its life i cant think of a single game i want to play on it. I have no interest in the xbox games available on windows 10 either. gears, halo, forza, sea of thieves.....not for me.

i dont have a PS4 yet either but there are 5-6 games i want to get for it now (i just have a massive backlog so it's on the backburner). so im either going to get a PS4 as its being phased out or get a PS5 and raid the PS4 backlog.

i suspect im not the type of gamer MS want to attract though (or any AAA publisher these days). i dont want to subscribe to anything. i want to pay a certain amount of a game and thats it. i have 0 interest in games as a service or gaming related services.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GarGx1

@the-a-baum: It's fine, thought it was just my interpretation :)

That's really good news about the Windows App Store, glad to hear it.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

Gamepass.

It’s the best deal in gaming.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@saltslasher said:

@the-a-baum:No, I'm not asking a lot. The question is in the header. There are many anti-Xbox people around here, and just want to know if anything Xbox has done to change your mind, or make you hate them more. I

I bought an S model for cheap 4k playing..lol

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

The only reason I have an Xbox One s is for the 4K player.

I sometimes play Forza.

Other than that. It has no games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cab66ac558b0
deactivated-5cab66ac558b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deactivated-5cab66ac558b0
Member since 2018 • 78 Posts

Never did. There has never been a time in my life where I thought about buying an xbox regardless whether it was the original xbox, the 360 or the One. I'm sure their games interest some people, it just never did anything for me.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

MS actually made me never buy an xOne game again and I love it. Why? Because they bring everything to the PC where I can run it on my awesome rig. I wish Sony would do the same and release their exclusives on PC so I'm not "forced" to play on a weak plastic cube to experience an awesome game. I still have my xOne, but haven't used it a lot. I streamed some movies and maybe played some MCC on it (which should be ported to the PC as well :D)