Hard Reset Redux coming to PS4 and Xbone (and PC)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 40643 Posts

Flying Wild Hog, who are also busy developing Shadow Warrior 2, has announced an enhanced edition of their 2011 shooter Hard Reset.

This enhanced version of the 2011 sci-fi FPS will feature upgraded visuals, rebalanced design, new enemies and weapons - like the Shadow Warrior-esque cyber-katana.

More than just being a enhanced edition for PC, this will also come to PS4 and Xbone.

PC keeps losing exclusives left and right!

But for real though: It's great this game is getting some more attention, and will reach a bigger audience this way. There really aren't enough shooters like this anymore.

Very excited for this and Shadow Warrior 2, how about you ?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 41929 Posts

Price?

Didn't Shadow Warrior release at $40? I wouldn't pay that much for it or the sequel, $30 tops, I wait for it to hit $20 at retail and that was a price well worth it I think.

If this is anything similar then I think no more than $30 for me but I want to pick up.

Anyhow, I'm not too picky, just get me some old school Duke Nukem 3D or some Rise of the Triad for $5 and I'll be fine.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Is it a free update on PC or is it like metro redux

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 R4gn4r0k

@lamprey263: Unknown yet. But I doubt it'll launch as high as Shadow Warrior did or SW2 will, as this will have cost less to make them. It's just a redux for a 2011 game.

But I don't agree that Shadow Warrior was priced to high. It gave me 19 hours of pure fun in the singleplayer. Never got bored of it, always felt aching for more. There are few games that do that, even fewer FPS these days.

I literally can not think of any FPS that was as long as Shadow Warrior in the past years. (Wolfenstein: The new order came close)

Did you play Wolfenstein ? What did you think of its price ?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 R4gn4r0k

@lostrib said:

Unknown at this point. But there have been more cases of free updates than paid ones, so I'd wager it'll be the first, rather than the latter.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52232 Posts

I'll take it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R4gn4r0k

@freedomfreak said:

I'll take it.

Can't wait to play tomb raider tomorrow !!!!!! So excited O_O

Have you played the Baba Yaga singleplayer adventure ?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lamprey263

@R4gn4r0k said:

New Order? I'm glad I waited for it to hit $25 before picking it up. It was fun at that price, if I'd of paid a good deal more I might have felt differently about it. Overall liked the campaign a lot more than Old Blood but I liked how Old Blood had various nightmare levels while New Order only had the one (that I know of). My only regret about it was the horrible digital pricing. I wanted it digitally but it was constantly listed at $60 even though the disc copies were going for $25 at retail (sometimes less). I wanted a digital copy but resigned myself to the idea it was never going to drop in price or get a DwG sale... then like right after I got it they did that Old Blood sale where they bundled both games for like $45 digitally. Aaggh. Just my luck. Also bought Shadow Warrior on disc for $20, it was forever $30 digitally and they'd never fluctuate on price even though I saw retailers selling it for $15-$20.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52232 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: I have, man. Not all of it. Just now. Got the next 2 days off, so I can plough through it, and some other stuff. Have fun with Rise. It's neat.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 R4gn4r0k

@lamprey263 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

New Order? I'm glad I waited for it to hit $25 before picking it up. It was fun at that price, if I'd of paid a good deal more I might have felt differently about it. Overall liked the campaign a lot more than Old Blood but I liked how Old Blood had various nightmare levels while New Order only had the one (that I know of). My only regret about it was the horrible digital pricing. I wanted it digitally but it was constantly listed at $60 even though the disc copies were going for $25 at retail (sometimes less). I wanted a digital copy but resigned myself to the idea it was never going to drop in price or get a DwG sale... then like right after I got it they did that Old Blood sale where they bundled both games for like $45 digitally. Aaggh. Just my luck. Also bought Shadow Warrior on disc for $20, it was forever $30 digitally and they'd never fluctuate on price even though I saw retailers selling it for $15-$20.

Because there is less pressure from outside stores, you see more stagnation in the pricing compared to PC digital games.

I personally paid 50 for both Shadow Warrior and The New Order... And I felt it was very much worth it. I'm always down with paying full price for a good, fulfilling, lengthy singleplayer shooter. Not the case for a 4 hour trill ride that ends with a QTE.
Anyway around that time I also played another great SP shooter called COJ: Gunslinger, which did came at a lower price.

I only found one spot in The Old Blood for the nightmare levels, I'll definitely replay the game though. But tell me, why did you want both SW and Wolfenstein as digital games ? Don't like a physical library that much anymore ?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 R4gn4r0k

@freedomfreak: Thanks mate ! You too. I'll be playing all weekend ^^

just going to do the strictly necessary stuff to survive, than all other time will be spend on ROTTR.

Tayh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tayh
Member since 2015 • 77 Posts

Underrated game gets coverage suddenly because it's coming to console, lol makes sense.

@R4gn4r0k said:

Since when open platform PC support exclusivity ?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I thought we already had the Hard Reset Enhanced Edition. It included the free extra levels.

My favorite indie game......

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@tayh said:

Underrated game gets coverage suddenly because it's coming to console, lol makes sense.

@R4gn4r0k said:

I made this thread TO get this game some attention, why are you mad at me xD

PC has exclusives to hold over console gamers heads. Welcome to System Wars!

@jun_aka_pekto said:

I thought we already had the Hard Reset Enhanced Edition. It included the free extra levels.

This one will include even more levels

Plus the katana from Shadow Warrior to slice up enemies. It seems like they ported this game to the Shadow Warrior engine, to make it look even better !

Still, I love how the game looks in your screenshots, so nice for a 2011 game O_0

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jun_aka_pekto

@R4gn4r0k said:

Still, I love how the game looks in your screenshots, so nice for a 2011 game O_0

Yup. And an indie game to boot.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#16 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 51090 Posts

It's a very good game on the harder difficulties.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#17 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Good shit!

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

That game looks cool. If it's physical i'm in.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11481 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@tayh said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

I made this thread TO get this game some attention, why are you mad at me xD

PC has exclusives to hold over console gamers heads. Welcome to System Wars!

@jun_aka_pekto said:

This one will include even more levels

Plus the katana from Shadow Warrior to slice up enemies. It seems like they ported this game to the Shadow Warrior engine, to make it look even better !

But this exclusive is nearly 5 years old, didn't consolites brag about how long it took us to get GTA V, or heck just getting a game a few months later? I don't see anywhere them mentioning new levels. Anyway this is great Hard Reset was really underrated I hope this motivates them to make a sequel even if they have to put it on consoles. Melee was one of the few things missing from the game and now it is finally getting it.

With the cyberpunk setting they could really take advantage, like make it a fast paced Deus Ex.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lamprey263

@R4gn4r0k said:

But tell me, why did you want both SW and Wolfenstein as digital games ? Don't like a physical library that much anymore ?

I buy too many games and they take up too much room and my living space isn't a spacious one at the moment, that plus given I'm mostly gaming on an Xbox One, I find digital installations go much more smoothly than installation from disc. I don't have to sit at the dash, games install in background while I can play other games, with my ISP my download speeds are fine about 19GB/hour installations, I don't have to disc swap, everything is available in my library and ready to install section. There's always good DwG and other occasional sales on games. I get a 8% rebate on my game purchases as a 4-star MyVIP member of the XBL Rewards program, which gets me back $4.80 on full priced games (that'll be $6 when I hit 5 star), plus I save an additional $5 in not having to pay sales tax here on digital purchases. All in all, that's abut a $10 net savings.

I also don't have to worry about my disc drives failing, something that had happened to me last gen because the consoles constantly spinning of discs in the drive even when they're not in use, which these modern ones do, like Wii U spins the disc even when I'm using Netflix and Xbox One too. A friend of mine's disc drive broke eventually too. I want to avoid that. I make sure I only have discs in drive when they're in use and take them out when they're not.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

Fucking three dollars.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 195

#22 BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 15524 Posts

i totally forgot about this game, but just picked it up on Steam for $3. Don't know when/if I will get to playing it, but the price is right and I will support the developers a little bit for peaking my interest.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Really good game. Console gamers are in for a treat, hope they support it.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#24 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I can't wait to play Hard Reset Redux on the PS4 as well as Shadow Warrior 2.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

I wonder if the pc version will get a discount (or free upgrade?) if you already own the game. I got it some time ago during a sale but haven't played it yet. The Redux upgrade would be a great way to finally get into it.

koko-goal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 koko-goal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

Good shooter, but it gets repetitive. I liked the atmosphere, Blade Runner stuff!

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13622 Posts

Can the Master Race find a way to keep it?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 R4gn4r0k

@NoodleFighter said:

But this exclusive is nearly 5 years old, didn't consolites brag about how long it took us to get GTA V, or heck just getting a game a few months later? I don't see anywhere them mentioning new levels. Anyway this is great Hard Reset was really underrated I hope this motivates them to make a sequel even if they have to put it on consoles. Melee was one of the few things missing from the game and now it is finally getting it.

With the cyberpunk setting they could really take advantage, like make it a fast paced Deus Ex.

Hehe, tbh I haven't seen many people complain about delayed PC releases lately.

GTA V was the biggest one, after that the "hate" died down.

But then again, this gen we see a lot more PC/PS4 and PC/Xbone cross releases where Xbone or PS4 have to wait respectively.

@lamprey263 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

But tell me, why did you want both SW and Wolfenstein as digital games ? Don't like a physical library that much anymore ?

I buy too many games and they take up too much room and my living space isn't a spacious one at the moment, that plus given I'm mostly gaming on an Xbox One, I find digital installations go much more smoothly than installation from disc. I don't have to sit at the dash, games install in background while I can play other games, with my ISP my download speeds are fine about 19GB/hour installations, I don't have to disc swap, everything is available in my library and ready to install section. There's always good DwG and other occasional sales on games. I get a 8% rebate on my game purchases as a 4-star MyVIP member of the XBL Rewards program, which gets me back $4.80 on full priced games (that'll be $6 when I hit 5 star), plus I save an additional $5 in not having to pay sales tax here on digital purchases. All in all, that's abut a $10 net savings.

I also don't have to worry about my disc drives failing, something that had happened to me last gen because the consoles constantly spinning of discs in the drive even when they're not in use, which these modern ones do, like Wii U spins the disc even when I'm using Netflix and Xbox One too. A friend of mine's disc drive broke eventually too. I want to avoid that. I make sure I only have discs in drive when they're in use and take them out when they're not.

Good reason. I have done the same for PC.

If I had my digital PC library in physical copies it would take up way too much room. Still I like buying physical copies for consoles as they are usually cheaper than online prices. I think PSN especially has really weak sales here in Europe.

Also I have my consoles set up beneath my TV with two cabinets (? dunno if that is the right word ?) to the sides where all my Gamecube/Xbox/Playstation/WiiU games are. It's a pretty neat sight if I say so myself xD

@sukraj said:

Same here, I'm very much looking forward to Shadow Warrior 2 as well!

@koko-goal said:

Good shooter, but it gets repetitive. I liked the atmosphere, Blade Runner stuff!

I think the new enemies and new weapon will help it from getting too repetitive :)

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@sukraj said:

Playing Hard Reset with a controller? No thanks. I found circle-strafing a useful tactic in Hard Reset (where there's room to maneuver). Best with mouse n keyboard.

Loading Video...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 R4gn4r0k

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@sukraj said:

Playing Hard Reset with a controller? No thanks. I found circle-strafing a useful tactic in Hard Reset (where there's room to maneuver). Best with mouse n keyboard.

But Shadow Warrior seemed to work on consoles.

Razik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31 Razik
Member since 2015 • 965 Posts

That game looks awesome

Kozio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Kozio
Member since 2015 • 781 Posts

They probably took Shadow Warrior's tech and threw it into Hard Reset. :D Road hog engine ;) This is most likely a side project and the main point is the console side, while their main focus is working on Shadow Warrior 2. Maybe they're gauging interest in a Hard Reset 2 by reintroducing the first and to a new (console) audience, since the first was quite a while ago.

@R4gn4r0k said:
@lostrib said:

Unknown at this point. But there have been more cases of free updates than paid ones, so I'd wager it'll be the first, rather than the latter.

Hard Reset: Extended Edition was already a free update for existing owners. It would be nice if this is also a free update, but I'd understand if it's not.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 R4gn4r0k

@kozio said:

They probably took Shadow Warrior's tech and threw it into Hard Reset. :D Road hog engine ;) This is most likely a side project and the main point is the console side, while their main focus is working on Shadow Warrior 2. Maybe they're gauging interest in a Hard Reset 2 by reintroducing the first and to a new (console) audience, since the first was quite a while ago.

@R4gn4r0k said:
@lostrib said:

Hard Reset: Extended Edition was already a free update for existing owners. It would be nice if this is also a free update, but I'd understand if it's not.

Yeah, this seems to be ported to their Shadow Warrior engine, perhaps even there newest engine that is running Shadow Warrior 2.

But the slicing up enemies definitely means this is a newer engine.

And yes, after I wrote my replay to lostrib, I also thought about the free update they have done already. So most likely this will cost money, but will be cheaper for people who already own the original Hard Reset :)