Happy New Year! NEW 2024 DF Cybrerpunk 2077 Xbox Series x vs PS5 BENCHMARK

Avatar image for above_average
above_average

1613

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1613 Posts

How has the hype from the 12Tflops monster and Magic SSD panned of in both system's 3rd year on the market in Digital Foundry's latest Benchmark...

  • This is a PC benchmark ported to run on both PS5 and Xbox Series X
  • In Performance mode target resolution is 1800p on both PS5 & XSX
  • Lowest resolution bound found 1152p on XSX & is 1008p on PS5...144p difference
  • VRS is used as a performance saving measure on XSX that isn't used on PS5
  • RT Quality Modes locked to 30fps however Xbox Series X still drops frames as PS5 is locked @ 30fps.
  • Rich speculates it's down to the GPU (nonsense) as they've always touted XSX GPU advantage
  • Tested PS5 & XSX vs PC with XSX CPU (higher than PS5) & RX 6700 10GIG down clocked 2.23GHz
  • They hypothetical test still found PS5 to be superior between all machines tested

CP2077 Quality RT 30fps mode

Performance Mode shots between PS5 & XSX

Xbox Series X v PS5 v PC mixed spec PS5/XSX rig

lol I still remember when Digital Foundry tried to claim PS5 was equal to a 2060 super!

They've moved the goal post so many times since then, they should stick to analysis and stop trying to tell ppl what these machines can do. Their understanding on the internal workings between the systems is clearly limited "It's da GPU!" lol

There are a lot of smart know it alls in this community who try to tell others what system will do what based on their limited PC understanding and claim "DUH...well that one has a stronger GPU so dat means it's da better system!" If you feel identified in any way my statement then it was 100% aimed at you.

Remember Microsoft had the marketing rights for CP2077 before the game ever launched before excuses of favoritism for Sony from the developer come, the same way PS5 destroyed Xbox in performance and RT in Ghostwire Tokyo from a MS OWNED studio with 1yr extra time.

It's funny coming back to this place and seeing how things turned between these systems after so many of you fools hyped up the Series X.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

46564

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46564 Posts

Love how everyone is talking about Cyberpunk again. What a killer game.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

44474

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44474 Posts

One day I plan to check this game out. Maybe. 😅

Avatar image for above_average
above_average

1613

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1613 Posts
@Archangel3371 said:

One day I plan to check this game out. Maybe. 😅

Here for shits n giggles but Cyberpunk was just a trash experience from the 2 times I tried to play it. I just don't know how the DLC could save this pile

Avatar image for above_average
above_average

1613

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 above_average
Member since 2021 • 1613 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

Love how everyone is talking about Cyberpunk again. What a killer game.

Digital Foundry love Cyberpunk because it's a way to hype the PC so they will keep coming back to it in efforts to coddle Alex Battaglia's ballls

Avatar image for xhawk27
xhawk27

12183

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

The Xbox Series X is running at higher Resolution and has more NPCs than the PS5 version. It's down to optimization that the Xbox doesn't get the main attention!

Avatar image for Heil68
Heil68

60721

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

PS5 crushes Xbox...awwww yeah

Avatar image for above_average
above_average

1613

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1613 Posts
@Heil68 said:

PS5 crushes Xbox...awwww yeah

Indeed and it's glorious to see.

@xhawk27 said:

The Xbox Series X is running at higher Resolution and has more NPCs than the PS5 version. It's down to optimization that the Xbox doesn't get the main attention!

Oh my 100P resolution difference! So THAT is the reason Xbox Sereis X is getting DESTROYED by PS5 by 10+ FPS in the same scenes of this game running high frames and RT? REALLY???

Never mind the fact that Xbox Series X is utilizing one of those BUZZ WORD features that xbox fans were hyping to improve performance for XSX called VRS!

:) And you fools wondered why Sony cut that shit from their pipeline, FULL RDNA2.0! LMFAO

And if 100p resolution .difference is your excuse why Series X is getting annihilated by in a XBOX MARKETED GAME then.. tell me what happened with XBOX own Studio for Ghostwore Tokyo?

^ PS5 actually had the HIGHER resolution in this Xbox Studio game and yet...

Yet PS5 still annihilates Xbox Series X by over 10fps....Oh and ALSO had higher level RT on top of running higher frames.

So much for the "bu but the 100p resolution difference?" huh?

Avatar image for robertos
Robertos

1037

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1037 Posts

Oh wow, consoles are trash.

Avatar image for above_average
above_average

1613

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1613 Posts

@robertos said:

Oh wow, consoles are trash.

:)

Avatar image for gifford38
Gifford38

7275

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#11 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7275 Posts

mark cerney how did he say it all tides lift boats. clocking the gpu higher / io through put is crushing it on the ps5.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

70240

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70240 Posts

OP is back to straw grabbing again.🤭 Was missing in action with Alan Wake 2.😂

Avatar image for pclover1980
PCLover1980

1279

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#13 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1279 Posts

Playing the game without path tracing smh

Avatar image for above_average
above_average

1613

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1613 Posts
@gifford38 said:

mark cerney how did he say it all tides lift boats. clocking the gpu higher / io through put is crushing it on the ps5.

And good ol Digital Foundry after embarrassingly hyping up the Sereis X for it's 12Tflps GPU advantage over PS5...comes to the genius conclusion it's the GPU of all things why PS5 is destroying XSX in yet another head to head comparison. You can't make this ish up.

DF will never live down trying to downplay and dismiss EVERYTHING Mark Cerny said about the advantages PS5 had before the launch of these systems. This is why you NEVER see DF give credit to PS5 custom hardware for why it outperforms XSX or equivalent hardware and they instead dumb everything down to GPU or CPU

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

70240

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#15 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70240 Posts

@gifford38 said:

mark cerney how did he say it all tides lift boats. clocking the gpu higher / io through put is crushing it on the ps5.

🤭 You are not qualified to talk about hardware or software.

Avatar image for above_average
above_average

1613

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1613 Posts
@Pedro said:

OP is back to straw grabbing again.🤭 Was missing in action with Alan Wake 2.😂

I'm just back for the new year.

Alan wake 2 was a long awaited GLORIOUS win for the Series X after not having a major win over the PS5 since what, A Plague Tale?

It's not that Xbox Series X can't beat the PS5, I never claimed that. But PS5 is the superior system as a console with all components running as a unit and will produce better results the majority of times.

Yes Series X beat PS5 in Alan Wake 2, then, RIGHT after that PS5 beat Xbox Series X in Pandora (the game that actually won Digital Foundry's graphics GOTY) so lol yea congratulations.

PS5 beats Series X so often you guys need to grab and grasp and hold on to any meager victory you can can salvage.

But I do love the deflection from you as one of the major contributors to hyping up the Xbox Series X with buzz words and nonsense that panned out to fk all in the end.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

70240

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#17 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70240 Posts

@above_average said:

I'm just back for the new year.

Alan wake 2 was a long awaited GLORIOUS win for the Series X after not having a major win over the PS5 since what, A Plague Tale?

It's not that Xbox Series X can't beat the PS5, I never claimed that. But PS5 is the superior system as a console with all components running as a unit and will produce better results the majority of times.

Yes Series X beat PS5 in Alan Wake 2, than, RIGHT after that PS5 beat Xbox Series X in Pandora (the game that actually won Digital Foundry's graphics GOTY) so lol yea congratulations.

PS5 beats Series X so often you guys need to grab and grasp and hold on to any meager victory you can can salvage.

But I do love the deflection from you as one of the major contributors to hyping up the Xbox Series X with buzz words and nonsense that panned out to fk all in the end.

🤭

Avatar image for above_average
above_average

1613

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1613 Posts
@Pedro said:
@above_average said:

I'm just back for the new year.

Alan wake 2 was a long awaited GLORIOUS win for the Series X after not having a major win over the PS5 since what, A Plague Tale?

It's not that Xbox Series X can't beat the PS5, I never claimed that. But PS5 is the superior system as a console with all components running as a unit and will produce better results the majority of times.

Yes Series X beat PS5 in Alan Wake 2, than, RIGHT after that PS5 beat Xbox Series X in Pandora (the game that actually won Digital Foundry's graphics GOTY) so lol yea congratulations.

PS5 beats Series X so often you guys need to grab and grasp and hold on to any meager victory you can can salvage.

But I do love the deflection from you as one of the major contributors to hyping up the Xbox Series X with buzz words and nonsense that panned out to fk all in the end.

🤭

lol make sure to hold on to it bro!

You guys held on to those Hitman 3 and Control (photo mode) wins for so long I was really rooting for you guys to get something new to use. Thank god something new came along.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

70240

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#19 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70240 Posts

@above_average said:

lol make sure to hold on to it bro!

You guys held on to those Hitman 3 and Control (photo mode) wins for so long I was really rooting for you guys to get something new to use. Thank god something new came along.

Avatar image for fedor
Fedor

11697

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11697 Posts

4800s is trash, even a R5 3600 handily beats it (a budget CPU), add in a down clocked 6700 (non XT), yikes. I figured the consoles would have something better than that.

Avatar image for ghostofgolden
GhostOfGolden

2613

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#21 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2613 Posts

@above_average said:
@robertos said:

Oh wow, consoles are trash.

:)

That PC is trash too. The 4800S is just a Series X chipset with the iGPU disabled. No PC gamer is using that. All Ryzen 3000, 5000 and 7000 CPUs beat it in gaming benchmarks. And the RX 6700? Meh

Avatar image for saint-george
Saint-George

1375

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1375 Posts

Devs still lazy or still haven't learned to use the tools on the much more powerful Xbox,shame,maybe in 2 gens time we might see PS and XB get above 30fps

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

70240

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70240 Posts

@saint-george said:

Devs still lazy or still haven't learned to use the tools on the much more powerful Xbox,shame,maybe in 2 gens time we might see PS and XB get above 30fps

It is very simple. PS5 has priority.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

46564

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#24  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46564 Posts

@above_average said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Love how everyone is talking about Cyberpunk again. What a killer game.

Digital Foundry love Cyberpunk because it's a way to hype the PC so they will keep coming back to it in efforts to coddle Alex Battaglia's ballls

Alex "massive balls" battaglia is covering TAA in a video this month so he can daggle his ginormous balls in front of your screen as much as he wants for all I care.

Avatar image for dabear
dabear

8904

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#25  Edited By dabear
Member since 2002 • 8904 Posts

@above_average: This is why DF sucks now.

A few extra frames equals a "win" when the resolution drops that low?

Give me a break.

Oh, and Mr Sony Pony? The XSX is still more powerful than PS5. Deal with it.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

16590

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#26 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16590 Posts

@above_average: it's been a while since below average posted. You forget that these benchmarks are all but useless based on one simple fact. That fact is money, moola, $$$.

Which system has the largest install base, which system makes the developers the most money, which one gets the largest amount of optimization. You can put 2 and 2 together right??

It doesn't matter how much the Xbox 12 tflop and pc clubbers the weak arse ps5, if the developers dedicate 90% of their time optimizing rhe shit out of the weak arse ps5 and making the other consoles an after thought.

Doesn't matter though, ps5 is still trash and all that optimization doesn't change that fact.

Avatar image for robertos
Robertos

1037

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1037 Posts
@above_average said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Love how everyone is talking about Cyberpunk again. What a killer game.

Digital Foundry love Cyberpunk because it's a way to hype the PC so they will keep coming back to it in efforts to coddle Alex Battaglia's ballls

I mean they gave Alan Wake 2 a higher rating for their year end gfx awards than CP, which is also substantially a better showcase on PC than consoles. Same for Avatar. PC is gfx king at the moment via multiple titles.

Avatar image for gifford38
Gifford38

7275

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#28 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7275 Posts

@Pedro: lol I knew you would comment but it clear it's working for the ps5 just saying.

Avatar image for nfamouslegend
NfamousLegend

1009

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#29 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1009 Posts

This is cute for the consoles I guess. Both versions seem fine

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

70240

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#30  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70240 Posts
@gifford38 said:

@Pedro: lol I knew you would comment but it clear it's working for the ps5 just saying.

Being surprised by me commenting in a thread is like being surprised by the rising of the sun.