mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

i don't get it why ppl play crappy games on Smartphones (is there any good game on them except a few like Hitman Go and Shovel Knight ?) , no gamer would trade awesome games on 3DS for bizarre ones on smartphones. Those who've bought 3DS will potentially chip in for another handheld by Nintendo in the future.

i hope Nintendo has a handheld planned for upcoming years.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

@mjorh said:

i don't get it why ppl play crappy games on Smartphones (is there any good game on them except a few like Hitman Go and Shovel Knight ?) , no gamer would trade awesome games on 3DS for bizarre ones on smartphones. Those who've bought 3DS will potentially chip in for another handheld by Nintendo in the future.

Not cost $40 for smartphone game to play on toilet

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 mjorh

@papatrop said:
@mjorh said:

Not cost $40 for smartphone game to play on toilet

lmao :))))))))))))))))

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

@mjorh: Rumors state the NX is a handheld hybrid.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 mjorh

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@mjorh: Rumors state the NX is a handheld hybrid.

Yeah i've heard about it but decided to not get my hopes up.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

@mjorh: I am with you on that.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#57 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
@davillain- said:

Two: Companies are trying to make their portable gaming devices exactly like consoles and game developers are making console-style games on them. They need to make games that better fit the devices instead of making console-level games. Why play a game on a handheld when the same experience exists on your 42" television?

I fully agree with you on this however I also believe that this is also a plus side of handhelds. I bought Rayman Origins on the 3DS instead of the Wii because I wanted to play it on-the-go. Same can be said with Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (got it on the Vita instead of PS4) as well as Assassin's Creed Chronicles (will get it on Vita instead of PS4). I'd love to play these on my TV and immerse myself in the graphics and art but the ability to be able to play the game anywhere and anytime is a big factor to take into consideration.

But then this only works with certain games and it isn't often that the handheld version is just as good as the console version. In short: I don't mind having console-style games on the handheld, sometimes I even welcome them. But handhelds need more games that offer a different experience from consoles instead of having lots of "console-like" games.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#58  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@TheWalkingGhost: I wouldn't even know how that would work technically. I just don't see how you would make two independent platforms combine into a more powerful piece of hardware. I'm sure that technology exists in some form but it sounds very experimental and not optimal for gaming. Same with all the cloud computing rumours. I don't see them using that sort of technology for the NX.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#59 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

handhelds never been my thing , can't play games on something with a screen less than 15 inches

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#60  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Can't say I'll miss them.

But I do think Nintendo not being split across two platforms, and having a unified system for all their games is a great move. Especially because a game as good as Link Between Worlds would have been totally legit to play on a tv, given how much the modern audience has responded to indie games.