Halo Will Be On All Current Xbox Consoles

• 64 results
#1 Edited by kuu2 (11164 posts) -

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-06-10-the-big-xbox-interview-scarlett-cross-gen-halo-infinite-and-the-lack-of-fable

Can't wait!

#2 Posted by Archangel3371 (28548 posts) -

Very cool. I’ll most likely get the game for Scarlet when they both launch next year but it’s nice that all Xbox owners will be able to play the game.

#3 Edited by Livecommander (1102 posts) -

Watch xbox fans be glad about this. Yall never want anything bar setting smh

Foundational sacrifices confirmed.

I'll be damed if a flagship title like uncharted focuses on launching a game for 2 different gens at the same time

#4 Posted by Random_Matt (4321 posts) -

Should of made it exclusive to PC, or at the very least PC and Scarlet. Looks a bit too much current gen in my eyes, what happens when you spread it around too many weak boxes.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#5 Edited by BenjaminBanklin (5030 posts) -

I mean, it's got to. The Scarlett consoles may tank. It wouldn't be wise to go all in with a new Halo release on brand new hardware coming off a rough gen for the Xbox brand.

#6 Edited by ThatDBFan (428 posts) -

Of course somehow the cows found a way to trash this.

Anyway, I'm likely to buy it with the Scarlett. But I'm very happy other Xbox players can as well, as I have some friends who won't be able to upgrade as soon as the Scarlett comes out. But considering how the new trailer was shown after MS unveiled more about the Scarlett, and that the game will be a Launch title for the Scarlett, and how 343 has talked about the power of new console and how much freedom it gave them, I'd imagine most of the game's focus will be on the Scarlett version to sell the system.

#7 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (19272 posts) -

Yep, as I expected. They're keeping a lot of stuff in the tank for next year.

#8 Edited by Syn_Valence (1790 posts) -

So the game is going to look like a gassed up Xbox 1 game? Haha what a fail.

#9 Posted by lundy86_4 (53839 posts) -

I figure just the X, but it's good they aren't alienating people. I'll wait for full-on gameplay before I comment, because plenty of games can look lackluster on console, and be markedly better on PC.

#10 Posted by Fedor (5344 posts) -

Should've used it as a showcase game for their new console.

#11 Edited by Antwan3K (4400 posts) -

Great to see them confirm this.. I was expecting that they were going to try to maintain a level of forwards compatibility moving forward across their consoles.. if a major launch title like Halo Infinite is going to be on all devices, I hope that this is going to be the case for the majority of next-gen titles..

for the cows that are somehow trying to spin this into a negative, are the latest PC games somehow held back by lower end hardware?.. there are always minimum specs, recommended specs, and market leading specs.. and somehow PC games still manage to be the best looking games available..

So it's safe to say Xbox One S will be the minimum specs, Xbox One X will be the recommended specs, Project Scarlet will be the top-end console experience, and PC will continue to be the absolute cutting edge.. How exactly is this line of logic eluding you?.. eventually, there will be a generation where the Xbox One S will be dropped off the low end in favor of a the Xbox One X or higher.. Project Scarlet consoles and beyond wont be held back just because there are lower-grade versions of those games available elsewhere..

But I forgot, this is System Wars and no one thinks logically anymore and spins absolutely everything.. please continue, my bad..

#12 Posted by pyro1245 (5256 posts) -

That's good to hear.

There's really no good reason new games can't be made to run on the older hardware except:

1. They want to sell new consoles
  2. 'Muh artistic vision'

You'd be surprised how well a new game can run on old hardware if you just bump down the resolution and tweak the settings.

@Syn_Valence said:

So the game is going to look like a gassed up Xbox 1 game? Haha what a fail.

That's not how it works. You design to a set of hardware and dial back the settings to work on old hardware, not the other way 'round.

#13 Posted by cainetao11 (36829 posts) -

I’ll play it on Scarlet and don’t care about being on current gen hardware.

#14 Posted by robert_sparkes (3314 posts) -

The Xbox one s will soon just be a streaming box for me. I'm interested in the Lockhart more so than the scarlet.

#15 Posted by DaVillain- (38094 posts) -

I was gonna play Halo Infinite on my PC for the best of the best version, not even that mighty Scarlet is no match for my Rig ;)

#16 Posted by I_P_Daily (12564 posts) -

@davillain- said:

I was gonna play Halo Infinite on my PC for the best of the best version, not even that mighty Scarlet is no match for my Rig ;)

Same shit, different day with you hermits.

#17 Posted by I_P_Daily (12564 posts) -

I read all that only to get what I wanted to hear at the end, will still be able to play discs, well i'm good for next gen, but the way he was talking about streaming it will be my last gen.

#18 Edited by xhawk27 (11392 posts) -
@davillain- said:

The Scarlett will be more powerful than an old GTX 1080ti. ;)

#19 Posted by 2Chalupas (7105 posts) -

I think it drastically lowers the bar for the game if it has to be playable on vanilla Xbone. Only slightly surprising though as most major games will probably be cross gen in the 1st year or two, and the Bone has only had 1 Halo game. The 360 had basically 3 and a half full Halo releases. (3 and ODST, Halo Reach, Halo 4).

If purely looking at it from dollars and cents perspective, can't ignore that install base for Xbox One.

#20 Posted by Howmakewood (5962 posts) -
@xhawk27 said:
@davillain- said:

Wouldn't quite bet on that just yet...

#21 Posted by Zero_epyon (13368 posts) -

I'll play it on my PC then.

#22 Posted by rzxv04 (686 posts) -

I hope it's well optimized for below midrange pcs. I want to play the SP for PC for just $ 9.99.

Haloin is available on gamepass day1 right?

#23 Edited by BassMan (10668 posts) -

Very disappointing news. That means the scope of the game will be limited by the current Jaguar CPU which is shit.

#24 Edited by BassMan (10668 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:
@davillain- said:

We will have to wait and see. Regardless, the GTX 1080 Ti will be 3.5 years old by the time Xbox Scarlett comes out. So, it wouldn't even be anything to brag about. Compare the Xbox Scarlett to the PC GPUs available in Holiday 2020 and it will get raped.

#25 Posted by Fedor (5344 posts) -

@xhawk27: I wouldn't bet on that.

#26 Posted by dagubot (1379 posts) -

@Antwan3K: Cause people are stupid like Syn_Valence. ?

Just like some people are stupid in expecting Microsoft to show exclusives when it's been known for a while they've deviated from exclusives and going PC/Xbox. Maybe in terms of console only players; they'll have "console exclusives" but apparently everyone here owns a high-end gaming PC so they'll play it on PC and continue to bash Microsoft nonetheless...lol.

#27 Posted by rzxv04 (686 posts) -

Game will be limited by base xbox's limitations but graphics and framerate doesn't need to. Creating much superior 3D assets for next gen consoles would be nice if this is also some sort of premiere title for scarlet.

#28 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (8706 posts) -
@Random_Matt said:

Should of made it exclusive to PC, or at the very least PC and Scarlet. Looks a bit too much current gen in my eyes, what happens when you spread it around too many weak boxes.

MGSV had that and it still looked amazing for an early gen game though. Still were compromises.

#29 Posted by xantufrog (11695 posts) -

As it should be - it was promised as such, and they've set up a hardware/software ecosysyem that can support this kind of compatibility

#30 Posted by Random_Matt (4321 posts) -

Nvidia ampere might be out 2020.

#31 Edited by BoxRekt (2024 posts) -

I called this and prove's Scarlett games isn't going to be shit when it comes to bar setting games compared PS5 exclusives.

MS doesn't believe in generations anymore and it shows. It's funny how ignorant their fans are to be hyped about an expensive powerful "next gen" console when it's tethered to Jaguar core weak as hell current gen xbox and multiple SKUs.

For lemmings preaching "generations are dead" you'll be happy to know that this statement seems to be true...but only for your pointless future xbox systems. Dumb dumb.

THIS IS WHY GENERATIONS MATTER!

Thank you Sony for staying true to console fundations.

BTW: So much CGI and real time action trailers for MS's premier gamers. lol it's funny when you realize that Sony has been the main one showing real in-game gameplay with incredible graphics at these events.

E3 2019 was a nice movie reel, NO GAMEPLAY event.

#32 Edited by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

Will it be the same disc/file for both versions or will they develop a version for each console, like they did with rise of the tomb raider?

#33 Posted by Fedor (5344 posts) -

@calvincfb: They promised crossplay so there pretty much has to be parity amongst the versions.

#34 Posted by DaVillain- (38094 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:
@davillain- said:

It's hard to say if I'm being honest about it. But like the other two Hermits said, we'll wait and see how it all turns out and I'm actually interest how far MS has come with their next-gen Xbox.

#35 Posted by Xabiss (2896 posts) -

Cant wait to play this game with my new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. :)

#36 Posted by Antwan3K (4400 posts) -

@dagubot said:

@Antwan3K: Cause people are stupid like Syn_Valence. ?

Just like some people are stupid in expecting Microsoft to show exclusives when it's been known for a while they've deviated from exclusives and going PC/Xbox. Maybe in terms of console only players; they'll have "console exclusives" but apparently everyone here owns a high-end gaming PC so they'll play it on PC and continue to bash Microsoft nonetheless...lol.

the highlighted text above is the part that's so funny..

They buy/build a gaming PC that runs Microsoft Windows.. they are going to proudly purchase and play games from Microsoft's Xbox Game Studios.. they are going to be playing these games with other Xbox gamers via Microsoft's Xbox Live service..

Yet they somehow think this is a way to "bash" Microsoft.. I literally laugh out loud every time a known cow says "i'll just play it on my PC".. lol, great!!.. As an Xbox fan, thanks for supporting Microsoft's continued dominance in the PC gaming space, thanks for supporting content from Xbox Game Studios, and thanks for joining me on Xbox Live :-)..

#38 Posted by xhawk27 (11392 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@xhawk27 said:
@davillain- said:

It's hard to say if I'm being honest about it. But like the other two Hermits said, we'll wait and see how it all turns out and I'm actually interest how far MS has come with their next-gen Xbox.

I was kidding. I don't know if it will be or not.

#39 Edited by ronvalencia (28236 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:
@davillain- said:

Scarlett has hardware accelerated ray-tracing from a second generation(next year's) NAVI based GPU.

#40 Posted by Raining51 (1145 posts) -

Ok...

#41 Posted by lamprey263 (36208 posts) -

I wonder if I buy a digital copy on XB1 and then upgrade to a Scarlet will access to game on Scarlet be like a BC thing or UWP thing where I'll have access to Scarlet build when I install it there, or if I only have access to XB1 version and it'll run like a BC game on Scarlet. If MS takes the the unified ownership approach, that would be very consumer friendly. If Sony follow's suit in attempt to keep BC competitive on their end, it would raise bar for industry. Hell, might even compel Nintendo to reconsider their stance on cross-platform digital ownership... well, getting Nintendo to get with times might be too much of a pipe dream.

#42 Posted by me2002 (2177 posts) -

This only means that the game will be held back by the bone, especially bone S.

#43 Edited by xhawk27 (11392 posts) -

Digital Foundry is doing an in-depth look at the E3 trailer. Look at all the stupid Xbox hater sh%ts saying that PS4 games like killzone look better! ??

look at all the hate it's getting. Salty PSsh^ts they know TLOU2 will not be graphics king in 2020!

#44 Posted by nepu7supastar7 (5201 posts) -

@kuu2:

I gotta say, the e3 vids were really awesome! Alot of questions arose though. Like, is it basically erasing Halo 4 and 5? The story kinda makes it look like it. Like this is 343i's 2nd shot at continuing the Halo storyline from 3.

If so, color this Nep intrigued! If not, still looks good. I love how they brought back Bungie's original design of Master Chief's mk VI armor! That's probably the biggest part that surprised me.

#45 Posted by xhawk27 (11392 posts) -

@me2002 said:

This only means that the game will be held back by the bone, especially bone S.

IF MS were smart they would make all Xbox's that are less than the X only streaming Halo Infinite.

#46 Edited by Raining51 (1145 posts) -

I still just don't get it like they're backing it cp compatible with the original xbo?

xbox rather...

That thing was kinda garbage though.

#47 Posted by speedytimsi (978 posts) -

Isn't this gonna be on PC gamepass anyway?

#48 Posted by sealionact (4165 posts) -

@Livecommander: That's because Sony want to force you to upgrade your console to play the latest games. Xbox let's you play it on any Xbox.

Somehow you see that as a negative.

#49 Posted by sealionact (4165 posts) -

@boxrekt: Uh ....yeah.... as much as you like to convince people that you're totally ignorant, I feel it only fair to point out - again - that gears 5 gameplay was shown.

Keep trying though....

https://youtu.be/jybpwI7e6iU

#50 Posted by sealionact (4165 posts) -

@Zero_epyon: Microsoft thanks you for your purchase.