SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/halo-infinites-multiplayer-director-has-quit-343/

Halo Infinite’s multiplayer creative director is leaving the studio, he’s announced.

Tom French shared the news in a tweet on Friday, writing: “After over 11 1/2 years on Halo, I step out of my Spartan armor for the last time today to head off to new adventures.

“It’s been a massive honor to have been part of a game I loved so much as a player and admired so much as a developer. I couldn’t be more proud of my time at 343.”

French’s departure coincides with the recent arrival of long-awaited features such as campaign co-op, the Forge open beta, and Mission Replay, all of which were previously delayed on several occasions.

The exit also follows other senior departures from the Microsoft studio, including its director of engineering and Bonnie Ross, who was the studio head for 15 years.

Historically, Halo Infinite has had a troubled production, suffering various delays and changes ofleadership in the years leading up to its December 2021 release and since.

Following the arrival of the game’s major Winter Update last month, 343 thanked Halo Infinite fans for their patience during a year in which the studio struggled to deliver several highly anticipated features for the game.

“We know it certainly hasn’t been the smoothest or quickest ride, but with the Winter Update we have an opportunity to show our thanks for the community’s dedication and feedback which serves as the north star guiding us to evolve the player experience of Halo Infinite,” wrote community writer Alex Wakeford.

“The Winter Update marks a major step forward for our game and studio, but this is just the first step of that evolution. The team is actively working on key player experience priorities across the game to address areas of feedback, and we are targeting another game update before the end of this year.

“Your support is greatly appreciated, and we can’t wait to turn this corner with you all in 2023 as we look to shorter seasons, a more regular stream of content, and bigger things to come.”

Halo Infinite’s third season, ‘Echoes Within’, is scheduled to launch in March 2023 and run until June.

And prolific Texas-based support studio Certain Affinity announced in September that it’s leading development on “something big and new for the franchise”.

Dang.. end of an era, SW? Should we just put Halo Infinite's nail in the coffin?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

Could mean everything, could mean nothing. Could get some fresh blood in there to shake things up. Only time will tell. Guess we’ll have to wait and see. 🤷‍♂️

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

They won't need Halo anymore anyway once they finally get ABK (maybe). 343i about to served their CoD making papers

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Sack Booty while their at it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

I bet Halo Infinite was living in his head rent free, so he just left. In a year from now, you will remember me, the rent free cow that predicted this clusterfuck, and you will respect me.

This, without a doubt, is the biggest disaster we have seen since 1999.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#7 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

He did his work, Halo still lives rent free on these forums.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SolidGame_basic  Online

@hardwenzen: what should Phil do at this point?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Could mean everything, could mean nothing. Could get some fresh blood in there to shake things up. Only time will tell. Guess we’ll have to wait and see. 🤷‍♂️

I don't think this would be a bad thing.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Archangel3371

@hrt_rulz01: Agreed. Could be a very good thing indeed.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

Can't say anyone should be shocked to hear news such as this. People leave studios all the time and however, I feel like 343 Industry is bleeding higher-up devs at an alarming rate.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:

@hardwenzen: what should Phil do at this point?

Glad you asked this very pertinent question. In my humble opinion, and trust me, my opinions are always humble, i think they should simply dumpster this franchise, and set the dumpster on fire. I believe this is thr right path to take, and it will save people's time and nerves being constantly worried and disappointed about the game. Simply admit they fuckedup, and as an apology, they're shutting everything down, and sending everyone at 343i to their local McDonalds flipping burgers.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: lol, keep clowning 🤡. Here I thought we were finally getting a break from the Halo news, but you cows sure got a fetish.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@SolidGame_basic: lol, keep clowning 🤡. Here I thought we were finally getting a break from the Halo news, but you cows sure got a fetish.

Tell 343i devs to stop leaving the sinking ship, and nobody will have enough content to create threads😄😄😄Its nobody's fault that there's drama out there on weekly basis.😂

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

Halo is dying of death...

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@Zero_epyon: @hardwenzen: that's funny, I just played the game today and campaign is still a blast, even better with a friend.

Stay butt hurt though 🤡

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Archangel3371

Hopped back into some multiplayer tonight and it felt good, really damn good. 😎

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

^If it felt really damn good, why don't you go on Twitch and tell us how you really feel😏

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hardwenzen

@davillain said:

^If it felt really damn good, why don't you go on Twitch and tell us how you really feel😏

You gotta admit that i, hardwenzen, the biggest cow in our solar system, have seen all of this mess coming way before the game was released, and have warned everyone during the honeymoon phase in the official hype thread. Never doubt me, the prognosticator. These are the skills we acquire as Sony fans, and PS5 owners.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By hardwenzen
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@Zero_epyon: @hardwenzen: that's funny, I just played the game today and campaign is still a blast, even better with a friend.

Stay butt hurt though 🤡

Its called refusing to accept defeat. A losers behaviour.

You say to stay butthurt, but what are we supposed to be butthurt about? ALL our 1st party studios are healthy and are printing bangers. Nobody is worried about Sony titles being a "23M downloads to 3000 left on the servers within six months". This game is a disaster, and the fact that its a bigger failure than BF2042 is saying something.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2504 Posts

This developer and game sucks ass. Close thread. Tired of hearing about this topic, it's been over a year and is beyond ridiculous at this point.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

Why are cows trying to make out that this is a bad thing?

Did they leave or were they let go? That's the better question.

This can only be a good thing for Halo. The current team are the ones that botched Halo Infinite's development. Some of these guys need to go.

If MS starts cleaning up some of these teams, they'll be better off for it.

Hopefully Polyphony Digital does the same. Sony's flagship racing sim has been stale since the PS2.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SolidGame_basic  Online

@davillain said:

Can't say anyone should be shocked to hear news such as this. People leave studios all the time and however, I feel like 343 Industry is bleeding higher-up devs at an alarming rate.

Except he was with the company for 11+ years 😎

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

Both Solidgame and Hardwenzen are Halo's biggest fans. They get Halo breaking news before 343 even knows about it.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zero_epyon

@blaznwiipspman1: someone doesn’t know the difference between dying and dead.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8853 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Cows.

Day X: Halo Infinite is a mess! The game is mismanaged! 343 is Doomed! New management is needed, but MS won't do anything!!!

---MS replaces key management at 343, and puts remaining management on notice---

Day Y: Halo Infinite is a mess! 343 management is being replaced!! 343 is Doomed! MS has ruined tbe studio and now all the management is leaving!!!

Despite what you cows want (desperately), Halo and Halo Infinite are not going anywhere.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dabear

@hardwenzen: Why are you butthurt?

Let's see...

1) You spent a year spreading FUD that Halo was going to score a 4/10, then it launched and scored a 9/10.

2) Despite a lack of post launch content (a legitimate critique), Halo Infinite spent most of the year as one of the top 10 or top 20 played games on Xbox. PS games, in the other hand, are notoriously "one and done".

3) The winter update has proven a hit, and is proof the game is going to continue to get support.

4) Despite your constant rants, no one except cows believe your analysis of the game, because those of us that play it have proven you wrong more times than can be easily counted.

And that, Mr Super Cow, is why you are butthurt.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Zero_epyon

Thought experiment.

Image Ragnarok was released as a 10 hour experience with the rest of the game being promised later and after months of underwhelming deliveries, Cory Barlog leaves Santa Monica.

I'm sure lems would be understanding and say the GoW franchise and Santa Monica are ok.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dabear

@Zero_epyon:

thought expirament:

Imagine criticizing a game franchise on another platform for a lack of post launch content when your console of choice's biggest game was confirmed to have zero future DLC and has no multiplayer.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Zero_epyon

@dabear said:

@Zero_epyon:

thought expirament:

Imagine criticizing a game franchise on another platform for a lack of post launch content when your console of choice's biggest game was confirmed to have zero future DLC and has no multiplayer.

Was Ragnarok, a game I'm still playing because there's a plethora of post story content, supposed to have multiplayer and DLC?

Someone missed the point by a mile.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dabear

@Zero_epyon: Yeah, you missed the point.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#32 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

Awesome. That's good for Xbox community

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hardwenzen

@dabear said:

@hardwenzen: Why are you butthurt?

Let's see...

1) You spent a year spreading FUD that Halo was going to score a 4/10, then it launched and scored a 9/10.

2) Despite a lack of post launch content (a legitimate critique), Halo Infinite spent most of the year as one of the top 10 or top 20 played games on Xbox. PS games, in the other hand, are notoriously "one and done".

3) The winter update has proven a hit, and is proof the game is going to continue to get support.

4) Despite your constant rants, no one except cows believe your analysis of the game, because those of us that play it have proven you wrong more times than can be easily counted.

And that, Mr Super Cow, is why you are butthurt.

Dude, the game is so bad that people are losing their mind and leave under "for medical reasons". Its a complete shitshow.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 blaznwiipspman1

@hardwenzen: churn is a normal part of the industry, it happens everywhere, and of course as the multiplayer director, with a very poor handling of multiplayer content, even a whole year after official launch, is it that surprising hes getting his ass fired?? It doesn't change the fact, halo infinite is quite possibly one of the greatest games this gen. The gen only started after halo infinite launched, let that sink in.

Theres still lots of players too, halo is still a top 10 played game on xbox, and even on steam the numbers have been climbing since the winter update. We're going straight to the moon, heck yeah.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@hardwenzen: churn is a normal part of the industry, it happens everywhere, and of course as the multiplayer director, with a very poor handling of multiplayer content, even a whole year after official launch, is it that surprising hes getting his ass fired?? It doesn't change the fact, halo infinite is quite possibly one of the greatest games this gen. The gen only started after halo infinite launched, let that sink in.

Theres still lots of players too, halo is still a top 10 played game on xbox, and even on steam the numbers have been climbing since the winter update. We're going straight to the moon, heck yeah.

There is nothing normal happening with this studio and franchise. What we're seeing is the worse that could happen to a studio and their franchise.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Halo infinite 9-10

Ragnarok 9-10

Horizon forgotten worst 8-10

He left after whipping Sony's best games ass

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I feel really sad right now, because all of the game devs that destroyed the Halo franchise are now jumping ship 😭

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

Poo bovine brigade. Played through the borefest Dad of War Too once and done movie-game and now it's back to Halo 24/7/365.

Good stuff!!! lol :P

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

Deja vu, I remember all the clowning that cows did on Halo 5 just for it to end up being the best shooter of its gen. Somethings never change

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 911 Posts

#fire343

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 blaznwiipspman1

@SecretPolice: lol!

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12948 Posts

Damn, cows make more Halo threads than Lems!