SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45100 Posts

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-08/how-microsoft-s-halo-infinite-went-from-disaster-to-triumph?srnd=premium

Interesting article by Bloomberg on the development of Halo Infinite. I give them credit for turning the game around in such a short time. Thoughts, SW? Would you have been happier with a 'Zelda like' open world for Halo, or prefer they stuck with linear level design?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44147 Posts

That certainly sounds like it could have been awesome indeed. Fortunately though it seems that they still managed to make an excellent game regardless. It’ll be interesting to see how this game ultimately grows from here on out though as it seems like they have some long term plans for it.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

343 could never pull that off.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Making a game with mostly contractors seems extra stressful to me. But it did put sites like Gamespot in their place with their bullshit clickbait…

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

Journalisming at its finest.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

Seems like they made the right call in delaying it. Good job Phil, Don Mattrick and crew would've released it anyway.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

Not every game needs BOTW open-world, you need to do your own thing but taking inspiration from other ideas however is okay. HZD open-world was a nice touch in its own ways.

343 isn't the best and even I doubt they could pull it off.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7264 Posts

Kinda glad they scaled it back. Open world games are generally bigger than they should be.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

A massive open world with a bunch of secret areas and such would've been so much better and offer way better value for $60. But how exactly can you expect 343i to pull it off? If the tiny map they currently have is already Ubisoftified, imagine how poor a massive map would have been. 343i is simply not skilled enough for the job.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hardwenzen

@nagaman said:

@hardwenzen: halo lives in your head 24/7 lol

I am charging $2500/month, so what's the problem?

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

I enjoy hearing that the Legend of Zelda is the new standard for open world games.

Been influencing the industry since '86 dun

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

Breath of the Wild!

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

is it that hard to make such an open world game? Ubisoft does it on the regular, pumps them out like candy. Even bethesda does it with every one of their games. Even newbie developers like those that made horizon can do it. I guess its not just making an open world but the scale and scope is also an issue. 343 is heading in the right direction though, and I think adding bethesda to MS studios will definitely benefit 343 in a positive way.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hardwenzen

@nagaman said:

@hardwenzen: but i calculate you must be spending at least twice that amount on vast amiunts of soothing cream to sort our your intensifying case of extreme halo butthurt

I order it off of aliexpress, so its not expensive at all. Please do not worry for my spendings.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hardwenzen
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

is it that hard to make such an open world game? Ubisoft does it on the regular, pumps them out like candy. Even bethesda does it with every one of their games. Even newbie developers like those that made horizon can do it. I guess its not just making an open world but the scale and scope is also an issue. 343 is heading in the right direction though, and I think adding bethesda to MS studios will definitely benefit 343 in a positive way.

They have a shitty engine with spaghetti code. And 343i is full of interns.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 blaznwiipspman1

@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

what the heck are you talking about. I just started playing a bit of the campaign and it looks miles better than anything on ps5 so far. The power of 12 tflop.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8198 Posts

@hardwenzen: when are you going to stop crying over Halo Infinite... It got a 9. It's over, your year of claiming it will be shit and a total flop is over, your wrong. It's a good game. Get over it bud and buy a GPU so you can play it, or go distract yourself with some returnal and cope.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By hardwenzen
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

what the heck are you talking about. I just started playing a bit of the campaign and it looks miles better than anything on ps5 so far. The power of 12 tflop.

Before you mention the PS5, please make sure Infinite approaches Horizon 1 visuals😂 Infinite looks like some washed out simulator of a video game compared to Horizon. Even the last 3 AssCreed titles destroy Infinite visuals lol. It doesn't take much to surpass a video game that was created for the 2013 Xbone in mind🤷‍♂️

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blaznwiipspman1

@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Before you mention the PS5, please make sure Infinite approaches Horizon 1 visuals😂 Infinite looks like some washed out simulator of a video game compared to Horizon. Even the last 3 AssCreed titles destroy Infinite visuals lol. It doesn't take much to surpass a video game that was created for the 2013 Xbone in mind🤷‍♂️

right, even though you didn't even touch the game, just watch reviews on youtube, probably on your 720p monitor. And I had horizon 1...played it for about 15 minutes, got some wierd hand scanner thing then quit because I started to get bored af. Theres nothing on ps5 that comes close. 12 tflop > 9 tflop.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8198 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

right, even though you didn't even touch the game, just watch reviews on youtube, probably on your 720p monitor. And I had horizon 1...played it for about 15 minutes, got some weird hand scanner thing then quit because I started to get bored af. Theres nothing on ps5 that comes close. 12 tflop > 9 tflop.

its true, Horizon is very boring i got half way and quit, bow and arrow with spear only goes so far, hardwenzen gets hot headed over halo adopting ubi open world for its campaign, but then promotes way worse copy/paste ubi open world formula in horizon *shrug* he really hates Halo lol

I think his hate for Halo out does any other poster in the hater department on this forum.

He mad he sold his GPU for PS5.... and has no games to play now besides returnal for the 30th time...

Hes the ultimate Halo hater.

Pedro close 2nd because he wont stop bitching about Co-Op but i doubt he was going to play Co-Op day one any way lol

Pedro i don't think is a hater tho, he likes Halo but only likes Halo for Co-Op so he's special type of hater.

But i wouldn't be surprised if he never plays the Co-Op once it comes out anyway XD

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

right, even though you didn't even touch the game, just watch reviews on youtube, probably on your 720p monitor. And I had horizon 1...played it for about 15 minutes, got some wierd hand scanner thing then quit because I started to get bored af. Theres nothing on ps5 that comes close. 12 tflop > 9 tflop.

You need to play a game to know that it looks outdated af? The same game that looked so bad that they delayed it by a year? Stop making a fool out of yourself. 343i doesn't know how to use those 12tflops and stating that the game looks better than anything on the ps5 because of those 12tflops makes you look very clueless😕Its an ugly game with a poor engine. As a matter of fact, Infinite looks inferior to most open world titles released in the last 5 years.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7231 Posts

I've never been convinced by 343 nothing they have done has come close to halo 3.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@sargentd said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:

right, even though you didn't even touch the game, just watch reviews on youtube, probably on your 720p monitor. And I had horizon 1...played it for about 15 minutes, got some weird hand scanner thing then quit because I started to get bored af. Theres nothing on ps5 that comes close. 12 tflop > 9 tflop.

its true, Horizon is very boring i got half way and quit, bow and arrow with spear only goes so far, hardwenzen gets hot headed over halo adopting ubi open world for its campaign, but then promotes way worse copy/paste ubi open world formula in horizon *shrug* he really hates Halo lol

I think his hate for Halo out does any other poster in the hater department on this forum.

He mad he sold his GPU for PS5.... and has no games to play now besides returnal for the 30th time...

Hes the ultimate Halo hater.

Pedro close 2nd because he wont stop bitching about Co-Op but i doubt he was going to play Co-Op day one any way lol

Pedro i don't think is a hater tho, he likes Halo but only likes Halo for Co-Op so he's special type of hater.

But i wouldn't be surprised if he never plays the Co-Op once it comes out anyway XD

he hates a bunch of things...all he does is hate all day. Halo isn't even at the top of his shit list...you should see 1) nintendo, 2) resident evil series 3) metroid dread 4)halo?? 5) battlefield 2042. Horizon isn't even the worst game hes promoted. That game has a lot of people who love it, so thats fine, even if its not my type of game. I barely even gave it a chance so maybe it gets better? His tlou2 and returnal worship is way worse. Its funny because both those games are sales flops.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

OMFG... that sounds horrible. What is this industries' obsession with these huge empty open worlds??!! Thank goodness they scaled it back.

Seriously this just pisses me off. Not every game has to be this massive open world fetch-questathon 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#29 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:

You need to play a game to know that it looks outdated af? The same game that looked so bad that they delayed it by a year? Stop making a fool out of yourself. 343i doesn't know how to use those 12tflops and stating that the game looks better than anything on the ps5 because of those 12tflops makes you look very clueless😕Its an ugly game with a poor engine. As a matter of fact, Infinite looks inferior to most open world titles released in the last 5 years.

Man, this is awesome

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hardwenzen

@mowgly1 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Man, this is awesome

We shouldn't be mentioning Forbiden West. Its not fair, and when its this unfair, its not fun. Comparing Infinite to a game from 2017 makes much more sense to me.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2504 Posts

Is the Halo Infinite campaign only available on XSX GamePass? I am trying to play it on Xbox One S, every time I click "Campaign" in the menu of the game it just says "Buy".

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@mysticaldonut: its available on any gamepass, doesn't matter if you have xbox one, xbox x, s, or pc. I had the beta multi-player already installed so when I opened that to play the campaign, it said I had to download the update which was 21gb. That's how I did it.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MysticalDonut

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@mysticaldonut: its available on any gamepass, doesn't matter if you have xbox one, xbox x, s, or pc. I had the beta multi-player already installed so when I opened that to play the campaign, it said I had to download the update which was 21gb. That's how I did it.

Mine just says "Buy" and I've been subscribed to GP since August

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 blaznwiipspman1

@hardwenzen: what an ugly looking game. No its not bad for 9tflop but far from halo.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@mysticaldonut said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Try this.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

I'm out on the ring and i've taken about 3 FOBs and TBH, I think it's plenty large enough. Thankfully they increased the speed of the Mongoose, to stop it being a drag riding around.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@hardwenzen: what an ugly looking game. No its not bad for 9tflop but far from halo.

I know it hurts you seeing a 2017 title demolishing MS's flagship releasing at the end of 2021😕One year delay wasn't enough😢

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MysticalDonut

@fedor said:
@mysticaldonut said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Try this.

Thanks, so after resetting the app and restarting the console about five times, it eventually showed up lol. Serious lag there.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hardwenzen

@girlusocrazy said:
@hardwenzen said:

Why don't you start the DF thread? This thread isn't for mentioning the PSOne wobbly polygons

DF thread will come in time.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@enzyme36 said:

I enjoy hearing that the Legend of Zelda is the new standard for open world games.

Been influencing the industry since '86 dun

Considering the quality of open world games for the past 20 years, which is very good, it is so great to see Nintendo just doing it better.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@goldenelementxl: Haha, that's awesome. Good on that dude for calling them out.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

@nagaman: '@hardwenzen: halo lives in your head 24/7 lol'

The kid has nothing to play on his new PS5 and mommy won't buy him a Xbox so he lives on these boards constantly attempting to kill the Halo hype one Halo hating post at a time. He reminds me of me when i was 12 on this board 20 years ago. I hated on absolutely everything that I couldn't play because I was locked to one plastic box. And it absolutely sucks when everyone is having a blast with a new AAA title and you're stuck watching it on Twitch.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hardwenzen

@theam0g said:

The kid has nothing to play on his new PS5 and mommy won't buy him a Xbox so he lives on these boards constantly attempting to kill the Halo hype one Halo hating post at a time. He reminds me of me when i was 12 on this board 20 years ago. I hated on absolutely everything that I couldn't play because I was locked to one plastic box. And it absolutely sucks when everyone is having a blast with a new AAA title and you're stuck watching it on Twitch.

I sense frustration.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hardwenzen

@nagaman said:
@hardwenzen said:
@theam0g said:

I sense frustration.

He's spot on though isn't he.

Kinda is, and its annoying me.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

Oh my gosh the game would have been 15/10 if it had xyz so now it sucks so hard!!!

Ok guys we get it you’re here for the angst.

Halo Infinite is amazing.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:

LOL so you use a panoramic picture showing much farther into the distance vs a close up shot with no distance to compare them? Nice reach on that

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By hardwenzen

@regnaston: Come on, do you really want to go there? Horizon destroys Infinite from any view. Infinite looks like a washed out mess created for the Xbone. Its the most washed out open world game that i've seen.

I mean, this is a 343i pic. Its what they showoff their game with. Shit looks like its a title that came out around 2010. This is a very ugly game, so yall should go back to the same copium "Halo was never about graphics", but again, you'd be wrong because Halo 1 looked extremely good for its time, Halo 2 looked great, Reach was one of the best looking titles on the system and H4 was probably the best looking game on the system.😢343i messed up bad on this one.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

@regnaston: Come on, do you really want to go there? Horizon destroys Infinite from any view. Infinite looks like a washed out mess created for the Xbone. Its the most washed out open world game that i've seen.

I mean, this is a 343i pic. Its what they showoff their game with. Shit looks like its a title that came out around 2010. This is a very ugly game, so yall should go back to the same copium "Halo was never about graphics", but again, you'd be wrong because Halo 1 looked extremely good for its time, Halo 2 looked great, Reach was one of the best looking titles on the system and H4 was probably the best looking game on the system.😢343i messed up bad on this one.

Doesn't look washed out on the OLED with HDR. Don't think it looks washed out in the first place though.

I do love that map, had some amazing rounds with my friends on it. Probably my favourite along with Live Fire and Recharge.