Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 6813 Posts

Source

“When 343 announced thatCampaign co-op and Forge would not be in the launch game, it made clear that the former would drop during Season 2, and the latter in Season 3. Staten confirmed that, with Season 1 now taking place for around 6 months instead of the planned 3, that means those modes have also been pushed back. Season 2 should begin in May 2022, with Season 3 likely to be around August/September.”

On a better note…

Luckily folks like Jeff Gertsmann have been gushing over the single player campaign. I was getting a little worried.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 15892 Posts

Why is coop taking so much longer to come out? Its not like they're adding content for coop.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 39728 Posts

@hardwenzen:

I have a feeling split screen coop will only be for this gen consoles.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5284 Posts

Campaign looks much better than I expected. Very much looking forward to this now and will scoop it up once co-op is added.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hardwenzen

@SecretPolice said:

@hardwenzen:

Makes sense.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 19968 Posts

Campaign is all matters.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hardwenzen

@ghosts4ever said:

Campaign is all matters.

What if the campaign is better than all the games in your sig? What happens then?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 19968 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Campaign is all matters.

What if the campaign is better than all the games in your sig? What happens then?

not going to happen.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 39728 Posts

Cool beans....

Halo Infinite Campaign Designed For Normal Difficulty For First Time In The Series

"This time, we spent much more time on the Normal difficulty, expecting new players to come in."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-infinite-campaign-designed-for-normal-difficulty-for-first-time-in-the-series/1100-6498191/

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 36821 Posts

I’m fine with this myself. I’d much rather developers take the time they need to make things as good as possible without rushing things and/or working under “crunch” conditions. I’ll enjoy the campaign on solo just fine for now.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 11449 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

Campaign is all matters.

Because you're too much of a scrub to throw down with people in multiplayer. Needs 1 million saves and AI's to feel good about being hardcore.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hardwenzen

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Campaign is all matters.

not going to happen.

You would've said that about RE8 as well, and we all know what happened to that game.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 49525 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

@hardwenzen:

I'm glad that Split-Screen is back cause it really isn't a Halo without it and even by today's standard, its still an important feature.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 1

#14 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator  Online
Member since 2004 • 47819 Posts

Look forward to GBs take on it.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 16560 Posts

😒

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 5690 Posts

Hopefully this will be a unique co-op experience to justify the delay.. But as we have seen, I'd rather them delay until it's ready than ship it unfinished or broken..

Vastly more important, the actual campaign seems to be delivering as well as the multiplayer which hopefully means the core experience is great on launch day..

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1183 Posts

This is just sad how MS treats one of their best franchise, right now they are just trying to rush the online part, Phil said it was ready what happened Phil, they should delay the game until 2023 and be done with it, release it in complete state, just getting tired of developers releasing half finished games and patch them later,

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 11046 Posts

Gotta keep those GamePass subscribers around or else they'll cancel.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 9262 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Campaign is all matters.

Because you're too much of a scrub to throw down with people in multiplayer. Needs 1 million saves and AI's to feel good about being hardcore.

I kinda chuckled with this.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 40794 Posts

But a Warhog isn't complete unless you got a buddy on the gun providing cover fire while you run clusters of grunts and elites over. Well, I hope they offer some friendly AI support.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 40794 Posts

@Antwan3K: "But as we have seen, I'd rather them delay until it's ready than ship it unfinished or broken.."

I agree with that. They have the Halo Infinite MP up right now I'd rather they just had that be the holiday Halo release and release the campaign when co-op was ready. But they made their plans months ago if they changed now people would freak so I guess now all we can hope for is it doesn't get delayed further.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 9732 Posts

@goldenelementxl: ahh Jeff gertsman. The guy still leaves me with bad feelings even though it's been 10 years since he was fired from GS. Back then I was a big time sheep, and this guy was always hating on nintendo. He rubbed me the wrong way far too many times with his salty biased takes. I wasn't too sad to see his ass get fired.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GoldenElementXL

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@goldenelementxl: ahh Jeff gertsman. The guy still leaves me with bad feelings even though it's been 10 years since he was fired from GS. Back then I was a big time sheep, and this guy was always hating on nintendo. He rubbed me the wrong way far too many times with his salty biased takes. I wasn't too sad to see his ass get fired.

Nah man, Jeff is the best. That Zelda game wasn’t good. But what really got him fired was his Kane and Lynch score. Gamespot sided with the ad revenue over the truth. Jeff exposed the industry for what it was. And in a way, things haven’t been the same since.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

ahh Jeff gertsman. The guy still leaves me with bad feelings even though it's been 10 years since he was fired from GS. Back then I was a big time sheep, and this guy was always hating on nintendo. He rubbed me the wrong way far too many times with his salty biased takes. I wasn't too sad to see his ass get fired.

You ain't fooling anyone, you still are a massive sheep. Could see it from 100 miles away, dude. Too easy.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 blaznwiipspman1

@hardwenzen: maybe I'm an undercover sheep?? Maybe I am, but since I spend most of my gaming time with the xbox, and my main console has always been the xbox since the 360.....then yeah I doubt it. I'm not denying I don't have a soft spot for nintendo though, since I grew up with them. But still people grow up and xbox has been my main for a long time now. I even owned the ps3, the ps4 and will get the ps5 when it drops in price.

I think you're the sheep anyway. You always hate on nintendo for woerd reasons that nobody can understand.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@hardwenzen: maybe I'm an undercover sheep?? Maybe I am, but since I spend most of my gaming time with the xbox, and my main console has always been the xbox since the 360.....then yeah I doubt it. I'm not denying I don't have a soft spot for nintendo though, since I grew up with them. But still people grow up and xbox has been my main for a long time now. I even owned the ps3, the ps4 and will get the ps5 when it drops in price.

I think you're the sheep anyway. You always hate on nintendo for woerd reasons that nobody can understand.

No matter how much time goes by, a sheep stays a sheep.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 blaznwiipspman1

@hardwenzen: well considering the sheep have been shattering your dreams, dominating the ps5 at a 2:1 ratio of sales with literal 15 year old hardware. Nintendo makes so much money of things like the labo, 3 different versions of the same Pokémon game, $50 for an expansion pack with barely any content, $350 for a 15 year old piece of hardware. They make so much money, they're going Hollywood to spread more nintendo movies. All because of sheep like me who don't have any thing better to do but drop $70 on their games. Games that are worse than the ps5 and Xbox.

What can I say but baa baaa. All that power under the hood, the second strongest console (far behind the series X, 12 > 9.28), but no games to play except remakes. And the cows are being milked hard on remakes, maybe the hardest of all of us.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 59521 Posts

Glad to see them at least out-performing Halo 5 with the campaign, but the lack of/constant delay of coop really does suck. I understand they had to go back and re-work a lot of shit, but i'd expect coop to be day 1 considering it's Halo.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1314 Posts

I can wait tbh. The multiplayer is so good (sans the stupid battle pass progression). It's a breath of fresh air to play

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@hardwenzen: well considering the sheep have been shattering your dreams, dominating the ps5 at a 2:1 ratio of sales with literal 15 year old hardware. Nintendo makes so much money of things like the labo, 3 different versions of the same Pokémon game, $50 for an expansion pack with barely any content, $350 for a 15 year old piece of hardware. They make so much money, they're going Hollywood to spread more nintendo movies. All because of sheep like me who don't have any thing better to do but drop $70 on their games. Games that are worse than the ps5 and Xbox.

What can I say but baa baaa. All that power under the hood, the second strongest console (far behind the series X, 12 > 9.28), but no games to play except remakes. And the cows are being milked hard on remakes, maybe the hardest of all of us.

Exactly, and this is where it stops. Nothing else is needed to be said. 15 years old hardware at the end of 2021. Its so outdated that a 2d sidescroller Mobile Dread is what's pushing the system to its limits (as said by DF)😂Its comical, and i will never get over it. Nintendo has achieved the most outdated hardware the gaming industry has ever seen. They're the unbeatable #1.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29491 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Campaign is all matters.

Why do you care? You won't play it anyway, sniper4321.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 clone01
@Juub1990 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Campaign is all matters.

sniper4321 doesn't game, he just trolls forums.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#33 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 56279 Posts

This makes the physical copy pretty useless. 😮

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2367 Posts
@Pedro said:

Phil should have cracked the whip and got those lazy devs working round the clock to get it finished or rushed it out.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6094 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Nah man, Jeff is the best. That Zelda game wasn’t good. But what really got him fired was his Kane and Lynch score. Gamespot sided with the ad revenue over the truth. Jeff exposed the industry for what it was. And in a way, things haven’t been the same since.

You're right for the reasons Jeff got fired. Wrong about how good Twilight Princess was/is.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 pyro1245  Online
Member since 2003 • 8358 Posts

Oh well. Release dates are bullshit.

Delay, delay delay. I'm all for it. I want to play it when it finally comes out so I'd just prefer it's in an acceptable state.

@Pedro said:

Most are these days. More than that, they help enforce the arbitrary release date; which, as stated, is bullshit.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 16560 Posts

Is local co-op even coming to PC at all or is it like MCC where they just removed it?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#39 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 63512 Posts

Jeff sucks as a reviewer lol

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 clone01

then I guess I won't be playing halo infinite until further on in 2022

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GoldenElementXL

@jg4xchamp said:

Jeff sucks as a reviewer lol

Why?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By hardwenzen

Kvally was telling me its only 3 months. Now what?🤣And lets not pretend like even more delays aren't possible in three plus months from now. Imagine if they release coop one full year after the game launches, which, btw, is already shipping one year late. So if coop does take an additional year, that's two fookin years to add cooperative play to a Halo game. Make a coffee/tea, sit down, and let that sink in.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 1946 Posts

@hardwenzen: atleast co-op is coming. Sonys first party doesn't have any MP or co-op.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#44 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 56279 Posts

@sargentd said:

@hardwenzen: atleast co-op is coming. Sonys first party doesn't have any MP or co-op.

So, they are releasing an incomplete game at full price?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hardwenzen

@sargentd said:

Sony offers GOTY quality singleplayer games, and they understand that coop doesn't need to be included in all their games either.

Also funny how it has changed from "its only 3 months, calm down" to "at least its coming" lol. If there is another delay, it will be just "let them take the time they need to ffs", even tho they had six plus year and an insane budget. This right there is 343i for you. Must be a nightmare to work for them.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 21298 Posts

Disappointing for those that want co-op, but I personally only want to play solo so no biggie.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 11601 Posts

The best Halo ever is worth the wait. Just be thankful on this day of thanks.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#48 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 63512 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

Why?

For the same reason all of the game reviewers are shit at their job. He isn't particularly good at describing gameplay, because most people don't know how to describe the actual meat n potatoes of the gameplay, besides a vague superficial understanding of it. There is no real conversation had about what decision making the gameplay asks of the player, and what depth it has to offer.

Given the ridiculous stock put into visuals or "mah accessibility", the former I get more detailed descriptions from forum weirdos on this forum (not a good thing), and the latter, is really just a cute way of saying the gameplay is shallow, and not really any sort of interesting ways on how the games UX translates to quick on boarding and learning process of the mechanics.

His taste being shit is beyond the point, for him to be good, he needs to actually be good at something.

As a journo? He's never broken a story of note since going to Giantbomb, certainly not anything investigative, and any compelling interviews his website did, had more to do with the people working underneat him to get those guests on the show. He's an entertaining personality, that works when he has the right running mates, but for any sort of compelling or interesting or well done games coverage? He n giantbomb have always been outclassed, in a field where frankly all of them are bad and could be doing better. Their appeal is laid back trash.

Avatar image for ghost_of_phobos
Ghost_of_Phobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ghost_of_Phobos
Member since 2020 • 3173 Posts

Any word on tlou2 online? They should have delayed the game until 2025!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hardwenzen

@ghost_of_phobos said:

Any word on tlou2 online? They should have delayed the game until 2025!

Was the online portion of the game ever even confirmed by ND? I can't find anything about it other than rumors. The main attractions to the Halo series is always the multiplayer, and it launches as barebones as it can get. Followed by its campaign, in which the coop is the most important feature of them all, and its missing. Its a mess🙃