Halo campaign or multiplayer

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pankar94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By pankar94

Poll Halo campaign or multiplayer (47 votes)

Campaign 66%
Multiplayer 34%

Which do you like more.The campaign or the multiplyer?

• 
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

I love the campaigns and the lore but halo is only as good as it's multiplayer.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

I like both the same.

Big_Red_Button

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Big_Red_Button
Member since 2005 • 6094 Posts

Halo used to be one of the only console games able to compete in quality with PC multiplayer modes.

Unfortunately Halo 4 stunk and 343 proved themselves unworthy, so as far as I'm concerned Halo is over.

It's a damn shame, too, because then Bungie moved on to Destiny which is basically just "Halo + grinding also everything is kinda shitty."

ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts

Campaign. But that's gone steadily downhill since Halo 2.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Back when Halo was relevant, co-op on legendary was great. When its done, then its multiplayer.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 43933 Posts

Campaign, can't hardly wait but SP or MP, this is gonna be HOAT either way... Bank. :P

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55899 Posts

Campaign as always. [for any FPS for that matter] MP can wait. I wanna know what's next adventures of Master Chief.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Can't pick, both are incredible.

Not many shooters can say that

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#10 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

Definitely multiplayer.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

Champagne campaign.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Where´s the third option ? ------> BOTH !

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

They're both equally as good.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

I'd say campaign.

As much as I like the Multiplayer, it still doesn't feel like the most balanced experience. Reach was the only Halo in my opinion that was heading in the right direction. Halo 4's multiplayer sucked. And for crying out loud, you have multiplayer modes like Firefight that never had bot support, Halo in general could have had bot support to begin with so that noobs can get familiar with the maps.

Now 343 includes bots; but they're the dumbest ai since Titanfall...you know, for Halo to be known as "the king of FPSs" it certainly lacks all the things devs are beginning to look at, such as gaming is becoming more of a multiplayer ordeal, so let the consumer customize their multiplayer experience...add bots...noobs will get tired of bots and hop right into multiplayer...it's the easiest way to get noobs interested in multiplayer. Halo's multiplayer appeals to the truly hardcore MP enthusiasts. That's to say, guys that pick sniper rifles and battle rifles, rinse and repeat. I'd like to for once play with a different crowd. (but when assault rifles are nerfed...oh wellz)

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

both. best SP and best MP and best co-op in gaming. it's literally the perfect franchise

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

Honestly, I couldn't answer. I will be playing through the campaign completely with my roommate on either Heroic or Legendary, not sure which yet. The difficulty scales with the number of players in co-op so legendary may be bloody difficult similar to Halo 2.

After that, I'm going to play around in all of the multiplayer maps in custom matches until I get a feel for them with weapon spawn locations, strategic locations, etc. After that, I'll start matchmaking with my roommate with voice chat to hopefully get a decent rating during our initial 10 matchs.

I'm really looking forward to both single and multiplayer equally, though I will inevitably put more time into the multiplayer both because of the dynamic nature of playing against other people, and the REQ system looks genuinely cool.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Multiplayer.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Campaigns, they are epic.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Campaign. I suck at multiplayer, I can admit it's good though.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NyaDC

@XboxStache said:

I'd say campaign.

As much as I like the Multiplayer, it still doesn't feel like the most balanced experience. Reach was the only Halo in my opinion that was heading in the right direction. Halo 4's multiplayer sucked. And for crying out loud, you have multiplayer modes like Firefight that never had bot support, Halo in general could have had bot support to begin with so that noobs can get familiar with the maps.

Now 343 includes bots; but they're the dumbest ai since Titanfall...you know, for Halo to be known as "the king of FPSs" it certainly lacks all the things devs are beginning to look at, such as gaming is becoming more of a multiplayer ordeal, so let the consumer customize their multiplayer experience...add bots...noobs will get tired of bots and hop right into multiplayer...it's the easiest way to get noobs interested in multiplayer. Halo's multiplayer appeals to the truly hardcore MP enthusiasts. That's to say, guys that pick sniper rifles and battle rifles, rinse and repeat. I'd like to for once play with a different crowd. (but when assault rifles are nerfed...oh wellz)

This post started off fine then it turned into idiotic conjecture for things you can't possibly know or speak on.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#22 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

Multiplayer. I enjoy halos lore and campaigns but I play shooters for mp. I'm one of those people that never plays the campaigns in most cod games

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Campaigns. The online multiplayer is severely outdated and simplistic compared to more modern offerings.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@XboxStache said:

I'd say campaign.

Halo 5 has the most useful assault rifle this series has ever had if the beta is any indication.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

Campaigns. The online multiplayer is severely outdated and simplistic compared to more modern offerings.

They tried to go more modern with Halo 4, and everybode hated it. I actually think they are doing it right with Halo 5. Arena for pro's, warzone for fun

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

Campaign....always.

I suck at MP, and usually I just play with friends for shits and giggles and even they suck at it. lol.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#27 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

Campaign. My only reason for that is i am not to big on online gaming personally, i prefer the single player portions more

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#28 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I prefer the campaigns but I love the multiplayer nearly as much. Don't do much online gaming myself, but I plan on playing a bit of Halo 5 online after I beat the campaign.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By XboxStache

@nyadc said:
@XboxStache said:

I'd say campaign.

This post started off fine then it turned into idiotic conjecture for things you can't possibly know or speak on.

No. I'm speaking on the footage I extensively watched. Try again, loser.

What I spoke about are legitimate nooks of input I've seen most Halo Players ask for, such as bot support. I personally don't care for bots, but at least with the inclusion of them, it wouldn't scare noobs away from Multiplayer. I'm tired of playing with Halo players that use the OP weapons of Halo simply because they're guaranteed a kill...just imagine if Halo's gameplay was diversified for once...wouldn't it be better to play against someone using a Magnum, or assault rifle rather than snipers and battle rifles all the time?

See how you nitpick? I'm beginning to think you're picking on me for a reason beyond gaming...

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@XboxStache said:

What I spoke about are legitimate nooks of input I've seen most Halo Players ask for, such as bot support. I personally don't care for bots, but at least with the inclusion of them, it wouldn't scare noobs away from Multiplayer. I'm tired of playing with Halo players that use the OP weapons of Halo simply because they're guaranteed a kill...just imagine if Halo's gameplay was diversified for once...wouldn't it be better to play against someone using a Magnum, or assault rifle rather than snipers and battle rifles all the time?

See how you nitpick? I'm beginning to think you're picking on me for a reason beyond gaming...

Um... with all the different game types Halo has, it's generally more diverse in play styles than most console shooters...

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22369 Posts

Definitely campaign... Couldn't care less about MP.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NyaDC

@XboxStache said:
@nyadc said:
@XboxStache said:

I'd say campaign.

Do you even understand the capacity in which these bots play a role in Warzone? Do you understand that at all, because it sure as hell doesn't seem like you do. Also you talking about their AI makes you legitimately look like a half-wit, how can you say the AI is dumb when you've never really even seen it or experienced it? As always you're trying to use conjecture as a means of argument and I'm not going to allow it to go unchecked.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

I played all of them until 4... and I was always in it for the campaign and always with friends however. I played my fair share of multiplayer but most of it was in CE and it was just messing around with friends.

It has been the opposite with COD... don't think I even finished a COD campaign ever. Some of them I never even started.

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts

I'll initially buy and play the Halo games for the campaign, but I'll stay and play the multiplayer.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

I'd rather co-op the campaign, or even play campaign solo on Legendary, than get my ass handed to me in competitive multiplayer. I've got my few competitive MP games I'm more committed to anyways.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Campaign for sure, it's why i fell in love with the Halo universe (and eu), the actual story is fantastic.

Don't get me wrong Halo has some superb multiplayer and i was hooked on H2 multiplayer from launch till the 360 was released (very cheap few years of gaming) but i'm a Halo fan because of the campaigns and when i decide to buy a new one it's because i wan't to play the campaign.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#38 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

I have such fond memories of Halo 3 online... I think I'd be lying if I said I enjoyed the campaigns more than the multiplayer--with the exception of the original Halo.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 XboxStache

@nyadc said:
@XboxStache said:
@nyadc said:
@XboxStache said:

I'd say campaign.

Do you even understand the capacity in which these bots play a role in Warzone? Do you understand that at all, because it sure as hell doesn't seem like you do. Also you talking about their AI makes you legitimately look like a half-wit, how can you say the AI is dumb when you've never really even seen it or experienced it? As always you're trying to use conjecture as a means of argument and I'm not going to allow it to go unchecked.

But you have experienced it?

See how that works, hon.

You're telling me not to speak on something because it makes me "legitimately look like a half-wit" based on "lack of experience", yet, you, yourself are doing the exact same thing in opposite. Further, I didn't say I experienced anything. I said I've extensively watched Warzone footage, and the inclusion of bots makes no sense. It made more sense in Titanfall because Attrition became a hunt and AI often kept things fresh when looking for pilots rather than earn a kill from someone cloaked, or outwit someone with radar sense.

Warzone looks sloppy imo. Does Halo 5 look bad? No. I'm somewhat looking forward to it, and yet, I still think 343 should get with the times. Offer gamers the option of customizable AI and AI based multiplayer in an effort to introduce them to the real MP. Every other FPS excluding Battlefield has this option. Imagine that. Imagine when COD can program AI with all MP modes included...no rewards, but still there...yet Halo wants to insert AI in legit multiplayer, and brain dead AI at that? Right.

So what are they there for? Cannon fodder lol.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 XboxStache

@soulitane said:
@XboxStache said:

Um... with all the different game types Halo has, it's generally more diverse in play styles than most console shooters...

And repetitious weapon selection isn't a problem in Halo? Sure.

Reach had the most balanced Multiplayer experience to date in my opinion.. Halo 3 was terrible for Assault rifles, pistols and all the guns you technically weren't allowed to use because they were nerfed...and Halo 4 was an absolute joke in multiplayer.

Spartan Ops had no matchmaking options. How could 343 have missed an opportunity like that...you know, when Destiny got it right. Smh.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By soulitane

@XboxStache said:
@soulitane said:
@XboxStache said:

Reach had the most balanced Multiplayer experience to date in my opinion.. Halo 3 was terrible for Assault rifles, pistols and all the guns you technically weren't allowed to use because they were nerfed...and Halo 4 was an absolute joke in multiplayer.

Spartan Ops had no matchmaking options. How could 343 have missed an opportunity like that...you know, when Destiny got it right. Smh.

Not particularly. Most weapons were useful enough if you could use them. Obviously using a dual wielding weapon in one hand you'll do no damage but use two and you can tear through people pretty easily. At close range the assault rifle was pretty effective as it only took a few shots and a melee to kill.

I like how you ignored my point though, a lot of the gametypes in Halo force you to use particular weapons. Or if they don't you can always do custom games get the exact weapon loadouts you want.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#42 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6072 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Multiplayer.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 XboxStache

@soulitane said:
@XboxStache said:
@soulitane said:
@XboxStache said:

Not particularly. Most weapons were useful enough if you could use them. Obviously using a dual wielding weapon in one hand you'll do no damage but use two and you can tear through people pretty easily. At close range the assault rifle was pretty effective as it only took a few shots and a melee to kill.

I like how you ignored my point though, a lot of the gametypes in Halo force you to use particular weapons. Or if they don't you can always do custom games get the exact weapon loadouts you want.

I'm not ignoring your point.

I thought I made it evident that Halo's gameplay style does indeed FORCE gamers to use certain weapons. In fact, a limited selection overall unless customized. It's called nerfing.

It's just obvious that you're not in the business to appreciate a truly balanced experience such as Bad company 2, Bf3, BF4, Halo Reach, Titanfall or any of the games in which gives the player a fighting chance no matter which weapon they use. (which is one of the reasons I absolutely hated Ghosts and it's Honey Badger/Ripper trump)

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NyaDC

@XboxStache said:
@nyadc said:
@XboxStache said:
@nyadc said:
@XboxStache said:

I'd say campaign.

See how that works, hon.

You're telling me not to speak on something because it makes me "legitimately look like a half-wit" based on "lack of experience", yet, you, yourself are doing the exact same thing in opposite. Further, I didn't say I experienced anything. I said I've extensively watched Warzone footage, and the inclusion of bots makes no sense. It made more sense in Titanfall because Attrition became a hunt and AI often kept things fresh when looking for pilots rather than earn a kill from someone cloaked, or outwit someone with radar sense.

Warzone looks sloppy imo. Does Halo 5 look bad? No. I'm somewhat looking forward to it, and yet, I still think 343 should get with the times. Offer gamers the option of customizable AI and AI based multiplayer in an effort to introduce them to the real MP. Every other FPS excluding Battlefield has this option. Imagine that. Imagine when COD can program AI with all MP modes included...no rewards, but still there...yet Halo wants to insert AI in legit multiplayer, and brain dead AI at that? Right.

No, I'm telling you things based upon what has been shown and talked about, not conjecture where you try to amass a point based upon what you don't actually know.

The bots are intended to bring another dynamic to the gameplay and mission structure of sorts, they invade the map during your conflicts and you have to deal with them, I don't understand your abrasiveness with them. Also from what has been shown their AI appears to reflect what is seen in single player so 'dumb AI' wouldn't exactly fit, Halo's AI has always been quite good.

In a nutshell you're just talking a bunch of shit, and by shit I mean that is what is coming out of your mouth.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 XboxStache

@nyadc said:
@XboxStache said:
@nyadc said:
@XboxStache said:
@nyadc said:
…

See how that works, hon.

No, I'm telling you things based upon what has been shown and talked about, not conjecture where you try to amass a point based upon what you don't actually know.

The bots are intended to bring another dynamic to the gameplay and mission structure of sorts, they invade the map during your conflicts and you have to deal with them, I don't understand your abrasiveness with them. Also from what has been shown their AI appears to reflect what is seen in single player so 'dumb AI' wouldn't exactly fit, Halo's AI has always been quite good.

In a nutshell you're just talking a bunch of shit, and by shit I mean that is what is coming out of your mouth.

And again, you've not personally experienced bots in action firsthand; so be punctual.

I understand why bots were added to Warzone, the fact that they're brain dead and stationary adds no element to gameplay in which a human player cannot add. It's pathetic when you damage control something really stupid that 343 actually did. Instead of giving gamers the option to play with bots in their own customized multiplayer scenario, they're instead added to a mode that can be massive multiplayer and amps up the pace of Warzone altogether. Braindead spartans suck.

Why was Sony able to create a 256 player multiplayer in MAG, and over 60 players in resistance, but Microsoft, whom allegedly has the better servers can't do the same? So, in adding to that point of "talking a bunch of shit", you're talking a bunch of shit and damage controlling Halo being behind the times as a franchise and a flagship title on Microsoft consoles. I've no problem with the bosses added to Warzone in the form of an OP promethian, but the inclusion of stationary Spartans with limited function is really poor. Not even games like Section 8- Prejudice have done this piss poor of a job in a new mode. But whatever...I'll let you pretend you're right because you're such a stubborn ass.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 soulitane

@XboxStache said:

I'm not ignoring your point.

I thought I made it evident that Halo's gameplay style does indeed FORCE gamers to use certain weapons. In fact, a limited selection overall unless customized. It's called nerfing.

It's just obvious that you're not in the business to appreciate a truly balanced experience such as Bad company 2, Bf3, BF4, Halo Reach, Titanfall or any of the games in which gives the player a fighting chance no matter which weapon they use. (which is one of the reasons I absolutely hated Ghosts and it's Honey Badger/Ripper trump)

Reach has literally the same issues that the other Halo games have plus the imbalance brought on by armor abilities. Apart from Reach, those games listed aren't designed to play like Halo. The point of Halo is to control certain parts of the map, with that control you get the power weapons and all that, hence getting kills. It sounds to me like you just don't like that kind of play style. Battlefield doesn't have that arena style play and Titanfall approaches it in a different manner with loadouts instead of weapon spawns. Your comparisons literally make no sense.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#47 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Usually I prefer single player but Halo campaigns are rubbish. Multiplayer for me.

hello505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hello505
Member since 2013 • 523 Posts

This is hard, Halo isn't like Uncharted or Killzone where both modes are garbage. I'm going to have go with campaign though.

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts

i play halo for the sp anymore, the campaigns are some of the best in the industry. i used to be really big into halo mp, i really don't care for it anymore although having played the halo 5 beta, that might change.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50  Edited By davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

Only tried the MCC and that online was putrid so I'm going with campaign......oh wait that bored the hell out of me as well.