Halo 4 vs Uncharted 3 (which is the console graphics king)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#251 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49566 Posts
[QUOTE="gpuking"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="gpuking"] Oh, yours is used up ey? Time to clean it, wash it, wipe it?

My PS3 is covered in dust, poor thing hasn't been played in months.

Not nearly as dusty as my 360 you can bet on it.

Of course, as you spend your days stroking your favorite piece of plastic.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#252 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

No SSAO, No Dynamic shadows, everything is prebaked into the textures......

Halo 4 has had so many effcts cut out just to get it to look the way it does, Uncharted 3 has SSAO, dynamic shadows and everything...

So in my eyes Uncharted 3 wins by default...

mrfrosty151986
Nope, Halo 4 has dynamic shadows as well 'Dynamic light invariably requires real-time shadowing - a computationally expensive process that often produces less than stellar results. Here, 343i has come up with an interesting solution. Shadows appear to be rendered at a low resolution, but edges are straightened or curved, with an added noise dither also in place. At very close range, the illusion breaks down just a little but further away, the effect is very convincing indeed. The effect has some visual similarities with distance field shadows, as utilised for environmental shading in Unreal Engine 3, but this is the first time we've seen something like it utilised in real-time on dynamic shadows.' http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-halo-4
worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#253 worknow222
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts
[QUOTE="mrfrosty151986"]

Halo 4 has had so many effcts cut out just to get it to look the way it does, Uncharted 3 has SSAO, dynamic shadows and everything...

delta3074
Nope, Halo 4 has dynamic shadows as well 'Dynamic light invariably requires real-time shadowing - a computationally expensive process that often produces less than stellar results. Here, 343i has come up with an interesting solution. Shadows appear to be rendered at a low resolution, but edges are straightened or curved, with an added noise dither also in place. At very close range, the illusion breaks down just a little but further away, the effect is very convincing indeed. The effect has some visual similarities with distance field shadows, as utilised for environmental shading in Unreal Engine 3, but this is the first time we've seen something like it utilised in real-time on dynamic shadows.' http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-halo-4

What do you say to that mrfrosty151986? hell what does GPUking of the cows say?
ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#254 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="mrfrosty151986"]

worknow222

What do you say to that mrfrosty151986? hell what does GPUking of the cows say?

*crickets* :lol:
gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts
[QUOTE="gpuking"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]My PS3 is covered in dust, poor thing hasn't been played in months.Stevo_the_gamer
Not nearly as dusty as my 360 you can bet on it.

Not nearly as often as you stroke your favorite plastic toy, I bet you even bath and sleep with it. God knows what else you do to your poor 360.
Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#256 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

Halo 4.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#257 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Uncharted 3 is really inconsistent, but when it looks good it looks really good. Halo 4 has the same problem, especially indoors.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#258 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49566 Posts
[QUOTE="gpuking"] Not nearly as often as you stroke your favorite plastic toy, I bet you even bath and sleep with it. God knows what else you do to your poor 360.

Ah, a "I know you are, but what am I" esque response. rofl. So elementary.
worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#259 worknow222
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts
[QUOTE="gpuking"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="gpuking"] Not nearly as dusty as my 360 you can bet on it.

Not nearly as often as you stroke your favorite plastic toy, I bet you even bath and sleep with it. God knows what else you do to your poor 360.

The butthurt is strong in this one first graphics king is gone from his grasp and now the anger flows through him for to him he will rise up to destroy the xbox........................Or so he thinks
happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

Campaign Graphics:

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is a lot better

uncharted32012022921251.jpg

uncharted32012022921183.jpg

uncharted32012022921204.jpg

uncharted32012022700443.jpg

The multi-player[both competitive and co-oprative]:

Very, Very close, but since the character models are horrible in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception MULTIPLAYER, I have to go with Halo 4

Halo4_Multiplayer-Wraparoun.jpg

halo-4-multiplayer-screenshots-oxcgn-15.

Overall game:

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is a lot better in my opinion.

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#261 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

-snip-

happyduds77

Way to bump a two month old thread, nice going champ.

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

Really no reason to bump another graphics king thread.